84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2014 2 years ago
told_ya_so (resized).jpgtold_ya_so (resized).jpg
#2018 2 years ago

Ya'll were warned. Ya'll didn't listen.

I shall remove myself now to the "other" thread.

Also JPOP is a hack.

#2073 2 years ago

DID YOU KNOW....

John never created a contract or "use of likeness" agreement with me back when the game was BHZA. He just says "I'm gonna make a game about you!" and starts commissioning art.

Ya'll have hitched your wagon to a HORSE WITH NO LEGS. RAZA might be the most ill-conceived game ever. Why not just spray paint Cyclone purple, toss on some glitter while it's still wet and call it good?

#2077 2 years ago

I stopped working with John because he's slower than a sloth in frozen molasses. He didn't take any input from me (in a game about me) and also he didn't understand the zombie genre at all - only that it was popular and a good way to get pre-orders.

He told me I was making a "huge mistake" going to help Charlie.. Hahahaha that aged like milk.

You're never getting your game.

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It took you 7 years to come out of the Jpop closet Ben. Lol
And yes we knew all that. 7 years ago. Didn’t care then, don’t care now.
And when you did it’s all life consuming for you isn’t it? No need to answer that, we know.

Very poor choice of words dude.

You really do know nothing, John Snow.

#2087 2 years ago

I think the Ice is starting to crack.

You're never getting your rare shiny. Unless you pay a fortune for the prototype.

Back in 2014 ish Pinside was a Protection Racket. No questioning was allowed! Even though I didn't see the big picture yet I couldn't have warned ya'll about John even if I wanted to. My word against his, I lose.

#2230 2 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

If you can buy the assets without any liabilities whatsoever, then why not? Most likely the RAZA game is closer to being ready to ship, than everything a new startup has already in their pocket.

#2233 2 years ago

Nobody in the existing industry is going to touch RAZA with a hundred meter pole.

Your best bet is another rich noob (like AP) who doesn't know how Google works. Take the game, kick Jpoop to the curb (like Joe did at AP) build it, sell 50 copies and be done with it.

#2285 2 years ago

Think a Motley Creu pinball would sell? Serious question.

Real pinball companies always on the lookout for new themes.

#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Ben is the TRUE hack here, he was in and developing RAZA at the beginning, then he left zidware without making any effort to warn people that he so claims he cares about now, I'm sick of his trolling and over acting that he is a saint in all this fiasco and with full immunity from these threads. In my mind he can go .... .......! He was part of the problem and he's trying everything to change history!!

I was never "at" Zidware (John only pays himself) No contract, no agreement, no license for use of likeness. Nothing. We visited each other's shops a few times and I get "BHZA" sprung on me. His idea. Cool, but some foam core mockups (not of the whole thing, just parts) was all I ever saw. Remember John does art first, scams some people, then thinking about making the game.

As for re-writing history you're the one forgetting it. Early 2010s it was VERBOTEN on here to question anyone. Skit-b, JJP, John, etc. So nobody would have listened had I warned. And even if they did, what was there to whistle blow at the time? John is lazy? Remember nobody knew how far the wheels had flown off the bus until Empty Cabinet Gate at Expo 2014.

Do you like how well Spooky has done? Well I was a big part of that. My work there actually made a difference unlike with John "the master teacher" So glad I helped them instead of wasting any more time with Jpoop.

#2306 2 years ago

Yeah I WISH I had had some real involvement. The game would have gotten made for one thing.

A lot of my frustration is due to the fact my name was associated with the Zidware mess. One of the many reasons I wish RAZA, one way or another, would be put to bed.

#2309 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I gotta ask you a question Ben. Isn’t their a small part of you that would like to see this game be made?
I mean I completely understand your position on why you hate Jpop but you were involved in this originally and I think it would be somewhat rewarding,albeit in a twisted fashion, to see this get done.
It seems like you’ll always be connected to Raza so why not end on a note that could possibly make you feel good inside because you were one of the original guys involved.
Personally, I just think it’s good for the soul? You know what I mean?

I wish it would get made, if only to finally put it to rest. I don't hate Jpop, I pity him, but it's aggravating to see how much energy is wasted on these ancient, ill-conceived games of his.

If deeproot made RAZA, great! Then it's done. If they fail... then people still are clinging to hope. "Someone might buy the assets" etc. IT NEVER ENDS.

#2368 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The fact that it was called out as BS, on post #8, of a thread that has 24,000 responses, that predates the dr disaster with 21,000 is just mind blowing that people went in on this AFTER American Pinball dumped him asap. What a bullet they dodged. Just nuts really.

Dodged a bullet? Did you see John's fake Houdini at Expo 2016? The one he used to trick AP into starting a company? It wasn't a real game. They didn't know that until they hired Joe. Joe tried to work with John, of course impossible, so fired him and redid the game. MG-Houdini, that's a pattern, he should have been done but Robert was waiting in the wings with stars in his eyes.

AP dodged a bullet? More like took one and thankfully had a good doctor nearby.

#2372 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

but... but... but... the artwork!!!

Oh I agree Matt Andrew's art was great on the OG Houdini.

But yeah. Just acrylic BS representing toys, shots to nowhere, nonsense word inserts. That's when I lost all respect for John. He spends all this time on stuff like Houdini or KISS and it's not even a real game. More like an impression of one, and if you didn't know better (cough cough the AP owners) you'd think it was real.

#2377 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

You gotta admit, functionalty-aside, that original Houdini LOOKS amazing aesetically.

AP should have kept John on as an art director. They surely could have used one. But the scam was probably too great a wound to overcome (plus he's un-manageable)

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Now you are saying they should have kept him? I'd think you would give them a little respect since they dumped JPOP once they learned if his toxicity and have a similar rep for service after the fact, much like Spooky. Also, a very attractive entry price point. HW is fun, but I also like the theme and cars....
Like Spooky they are growing and have a great rep.

AP's biggest issues are bad theme choice and shitty artwork. John could have solved both those problems but he poisoned the well with the Houdini scam. (Balcer told me the whole story at TPF 2017 cigar night, was hilarious. I miss hanging out with Joe)

Guess I chalk it up to "missed opportunity" but in the end, was John writing checks his games couldn't cash. He could have helped AP but was just looking for his latest bailout.

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Anything positive to say about any pinball company other than Spooky?

GNR is awesome. Jurassic Park also really really good. Mando... Meh.

The Stranger Things projector works quite well in person. It's a very cool idea I hope Stern or other explore the concept more. (demogorgan shot sucks though)

#2404 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ben and Jpop were going to come to your house to assemble your game for another $1k I think?
One of the dumbest ideas ever and you can’t even fly/hotel/meals for 2 for $1k. Lol

I'm saving my thoughts on that one until THE END.

#2480 2 years ago

Time to change the name of this topic.

"RAZA Mourners Club" maybe?

Enjoy fighting over the two prototypes auctioned off by the SEC.

#2548 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hole 4 and 3 beers in with the blue tooth going.
Quickly, I fired off an email to his attorney Jason and the fact that I’m right here in his back yard of Bexar County, if anyone wants help seeking restitution against Mueller personally shoot me a PM
I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t consider it. JPOP never had a pot to piss in so and being judgment proof that was a big waste of $$ and time
If he actually has assets to go get I be willing to explore options for you/us
After reading those allegations again it’s pretty freaking stunning how bad it is. Not sure if anything of his carcass will be left to get after the SEC and other lawsuits pick him apart. BUT, let’s explore it possibly
Hot as shit here today. Need cold beverages.

And with that, Ice became "The Hilton of Deeproot"

Who says history doesn't repeat itself?

Disclaimer: Hilton is an IRL friend of mine. We used to shop at the same grocery store even. But he is still kind of a douche. (as am I!)

#2551 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Yea but to be fair Ben, your a nice douche that gets shit done!

Hey Hilton helped me a LOT on AMH. He certainly knows pinball and what operators/owners want.

Bill is there a way you can "nuke these games from orbit"? Like in the movies where they have to bury the evil Mummy talisman once and for all to save Earth?

#2556 2 years ago

Ice is gaslighting harder than a furnace tech during a hundred year blizzard.

#2573 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

still love you ice
But history his fun

Yup. Gaslighting. Trying to change a past people can easily remember.

And HAHAHAHAHA good luck with your stupid lawsuit. A bunch of rich people with 1k down on a phantom product VS hundreds of retirees who lost EVERYTHING?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

#2579 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s a contextless simplification. He’s enjoying seeing bad people (Robert) suffer the consequences for their harmful actions toward others. The guy stole people’s retirements. Ben’s reaction is sound. He’s on the side of the good guys.

I also enjoy seeing people who bought into Deeproot's bullshit LOSING THEIR MONEY.

#2584 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Maybe he is busy covering his tracks?

Possibly. The boomer may have Googled the word "gaslighting" I kept using and had an OH SHIT moment.

#2620 2 years ago

Been proven TIME AND TIME AGAIN - no manufacturing ready = YOU WILL LOSE MONEY.

A sea of red flags and you still threw money into it. That's on you, and yes, I'm gonna laugh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=benheck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.