84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 3 years ago

I am in on order 100025, I ordered the Arcade edition, with a topper and with the extra toys package.
The Docusign thing is way over the top, I think the influence of lawyers is a bit too much for this hobby. They probably should have just done a terms and a checkbox, like everyone else on this planet does for consumer goods. I was not really worried because its a small amount to just put 10%, I'm probably in the minority.
The serial number is not a sequential thing, It reminded me of a random hash, might have options hidden into it like car VINs have paint colors embedded.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Agreed. Let’s keep this thread on track with those that have preordered RAZA, those thinking about it, or at least those positive about deeproot.

Didn’t mean to derail the club.
Some of the positives, was that I liked the changes done to the game since I played it in Houston. I like the art a lot better and I really like the pinbar. I also like the possibility that I might be able to code my own rules. The ability to make your own game without having to do all the work of making your own playfield or homebrew is quite appealing. I think if someone does something cool enough, there might be some market for it if DR has some kind of online store on the pinbar.
I’m also happy to see a topper price that does not seem like a gouge. I also highly doubt that the game will lose value, there is too much history and story now, people will want to collect it, especially when it’s no longer available new.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Ordered today with my Zidware credit from 2011-2012......... I'm #100168 for the Arcade Edition. Hope to see this game before March 1st.

This seems to be the latest reported here.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I did not play it in Houston. I not only didnt play RAZA in Houston but also not anytime anywhere else. So please answer my questions in sufficient detail:
1. Were the shots fun/satisfying?
2. Was the (Thiel) sound immersive?
3. What is the table design difficulty? It is said at least intermediate.
Yes it was a proto but still this info is high value (to me).

Some of the side shots were fun, and way up top, but the ramp sucked. Supposedly fixed now according to streams.
It was a loud show and I could not hear the pin.
It had easier and harder shots, a nice mix.

#179 3 years ago

My order number is not divisible by 3, boo.
I can't be in the div by 3 club!!

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I've created a new owners thread for us to move over to as we see fit. Congrats to all of the buyers!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-owners-club
EDIT: Or not; the topic was closed for unknown reasons. Haha, and the usual tool down-voted it for that boost of self-esteem. I see you buddy; don't worry.

I started a RAZA owners club about 3 weeks ago and then it was shut down. I plan to ask for it to be opened once games start to ship in a few weeks:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-raza-deeproot-owners-club-bring-all-your-alien-zombies

#549 3 years ago

Looks like the glass height is the limiter here, not the topper! If you can open the glass all the way, then the topper is lower.

And if anyone wants to order different options, they might want to do that soon since it's a limited run and changing options could potentially delay your build if the parts are not on hand.

2 weeks later
#694 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking at these pics sure gets me excited!

#698 3 years ago

Glass is not standard size, see the faq at the top

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Nope. Just crickets.
By the end of January, an official direct update of some kind would be nice. But....silence seems more often the norm, than routine info leaks, from pinball companies.

Since they said that the first games would ship between mid and late January, I fully expect some kind of communication by the end of the month if nothing has shipped yet.
This from the #3 in FAQ on the first post:

The first games should be leaving in mid to late Jan for US orders. There still are some supply orders we are watching closely for on time arrival

#739 3 years ago

Got the update email from Deeproot:

Dear RAZA Customer:

First, thank you for your business and decision to buy in to an amazing machine we spent years designing to bring out the best of Popadiuk’s original theme and layout. As I am writing this email, I am aware of the weight of accountability in fulfilling orders of quality machines as soon as possible. I am providing the below update as a matter of goodwill and transparency, knowing that it will be unfortunately posted online or misreported by podcasts (plural), twisted in ways where truth, civility, and rationality go to die.

ORDERS
We received orders (paid or goodwill) for ~70 Arcade Editions of RAZA, and ~60 Xtra Editions of RAZA. We will round up to 160 total RAZA Games with most of the remaining games available for sale at $8,000USD starting price for the Arcade Edition, and $13,000USD flat fee for the Xtra Edition. More details on timing of that later. After all RAZA games have sold we will publish (for historical purposes - IPDB), the exact game counts.

UL/CE
We were not able to get our machines scheduled into the labs for UL testing or International/CE testing until two weeks ago. So far I understand that most tests have been passed. I understand it can take up to 5 weeks to complete testing and receiving reports and certification. We will not be able to release/ship any games until those are complete.

PARTS
With most vendors going dark for the last two weeks of December and first week of January, we have orders in for about 70% of the BOM. There are three main hiccups:
• Long lead times in general and vendors promising one thing before they get their money, than quickly changing their tune after getting their money is the most prevalent reason for the delayed orders and parts. There have been some great vendors who are exceeding expectations; and we sincerely appreciate their efforts.
• The lockbar we designed as more ergonomically usable is complex with two stamps and several welded reinforcements. The complexity of the design has caused a large number of vendors to pass on it with the cost and time frame we needed it. We finally have two vendors that are willing to do small runs. The problem is getting them into their already full production schedule to arrive asap.
• The lighted side panel prototypes we had for our 2 Xtra editions had some wear/tear and technical issues with frayed wires and sizing. It has taken the last 60+ days working with several vendors to redesign them to be more durable and allow spacing for leg protectors or cup holders, etc.

PRODUCTION
We have the first lines ready to go and will proceed in prepping what we can while waiting on parts and certification. Since there are tiered production stations the ones that can produce deliverables will start in the next few weeks. I made the decision not to show production lines or illusory and deceptive pictures of parts or lines or cabinets for many obvious reasons. The only thing that matters is you getting your brand new RAZA on your doorstep in working condition as soon as possible. That is a picture that will actually mean something. We fully look forward to seeing your delivery pics and unboxing videos posted or tagged to one or more of our social media pages.

ADDITIONAL STREAMS
We have received lots of requests for additional video coverage or streaming. We finally got all the cameras for our internal rig. But (and being completely honest) I have requested that they be delayed for now. Our creative team is working hard on other projects and deadlines. I feel that since orders are over, adding additional content in the short term is moot.

EXPECTATIONS
Disappointing news may still have a bright side. We expect to receive parts through the first week of March at this point with the first RAZAs leaving mid-March. The certifications for UL/CE should also be done around the time. While that may sound disappointing to wait another couple of weeks for games, there is a bright side. Since the run of RAZA machines is limited, we should be done much quicker than our anticipated and originally announced time of 3.5-4 months.

We have had some of you contact us about jumping the line. It doesn’t make any sense at this point. You and other customers will be playing RAZA sooner than you think.

NEXT COMMUNICATION
I plan to update customers again by the end of February. Thank you again for your trust and business. Thank you for your patience. We look forward to exceeding expectations and we are grateful for you allowing us a chance to do so. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or by visiting the website. Best! -Robert J. Mueller

==============================================
You are receiving this email because you purchased a RAZA machine from us.

Unsubscribe -------------------- from this list:

Our mailing address is:
deeproot Pinball
12621 Silicon Dr
San Antonio, TX 78249-3447
USA

Our telephone:
(800) 243-6176

Update your profile:
-------------------

#743 3 years ago

I believe transparency is best. Hiding things just creates more room for disinformation and does not do the hobby good.

I liked a lot of what I saw in the letter, especially that this is a low-run game. It will be highly sought after and I'm glad I pulled the trigger and I hope to have this game by April! Deeproot posting the final numbers too I thnk is great for historical purposes, IPDB listings, etc. I wish the bigger manufacturers would release their numbers at some point.

3 weeks later
#800 3 years ago

Steve Bowden continues to post new details of different game features on his blog.
https://funwithbonus.com/raza-quick-shots-snack-shop-targets/
This one is how the Playfield Multiplier works when earned from the snack shop targets.
Looks like it will be one of my favorite features!

1 month later
#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Kaneda posted a "save Steve Bowden" meme on facebook this week. RM sent a balling comment out of the blue, A nice lifesign during this crippling wait. Sign of significant progress since the last update. The post since got deleted to maybe better relations with DR and maybe bc RM gave Kaneda some confidential info on progress.
50% wait for the May update is accomplished.

Not sure what you mean by "balling", can you fill me in?

3 weeks later
#1234 2 years ago

I'm still in on this, and will be patiently waiting. The update in April already told us there would be no news really for the May update. I'm expecting things to start flowing in mid-summer. I only put down the 10% deposit, which I have no worries about. It proves my resolve, to guarantee my spot in the line. Its a new company and I have faith in the people involved and will be happy when I have an extremely rare machine that is really fun to play.

4 months later
#3253 2 years ago

I had an original pre-order. Spent 5 min on the the phone 2 weeks ago with Amex, and today got a letter from them letting me know that the investigation has concluded, and I got a full refund.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=Jarson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.