84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

You never ever ever told me or even mentioned it until it was to late.

We went through the collapse of skit-b, heighway, dutch pinball, and zidware. At that point, the warning signs of how pinball companies imploded were pretty clear. There were many warnings about doing preorders with unproven companies. So much so that all the legitimate companies altered their preorder models/methods. Then deeproot entered the picture with all their boisterous claims and strange agreements and other red flags.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again: paying preorder money to an unproven pinball company is risky.

But, some people just YOLO and figure it's worth the gamble to have a chance at getting a game from a limited run, so they dive in anyway and ride the hype train until the end of the line.

Yeah, it sucks that people that lost money, but it really doesn't take a whole lot of research to determine there were red flags littered everywhere.

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Maybe the one thing RM was right about is that pinside does feel like a sewer sometimes. The deeproot threads are overflowing with schadenfreude and people who just thrive on misery. It's not helpful.

The issue is that hype threads are filled with drama and are wildly popular. Avoid those kinds of threads, and I'm sure your forum experience will improve significantly.

#2127 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Once again, we get it, heard it a million times. Thx again for one more.

Quoted from tp:

You never ever ever told me or even mentioned it until it was to late. If you woulda maybe some, including myself woulda listened.

Apparently, there are still some people out there who are unaware, so it still seems to need repeating.

Quoted from iceman44:

As for the “lost money” part, what is it about that you know it to be final?

Educated guess based on past events. When the carpet is getting rolled up on everything and there is no transparency about what's happening, that's usually a pretty big sign that there aren't exactly good things coming. When good things are happening, announcements are typically highly publicized. When bad things are happening, usually they happen as quietly and as quickly as possible before people come beating down the doors.

It should be common sense that a company can't burn cash for years on end without producing any products. It's unsustainable, especially in the pinball industry.

Maybe there will be some hope for refunds--maybe those funds were kept safe in separate escrow account. Or maybe some refunds will be issued from reserves? Maybe they'll dig deep to keep people at bay to avoid lawsuits? I have no idea. But these quiet movements seem to indicate the closure of the project/company.

Quoted from iceman44:

We all have our own reasons as to why after 7 years some decided to stick it out.

Yes, and I said as much.

Quoted from iceman44:

Not much more complicated than that. If you to continue to imply that we were idiots with those comments for the 10th time then that’s on you.

I never said that. I would probably not make the choice to gamble on an unproven company. If you want to and ride it out to the end, that's up to you.

This is simply a word of caution about questionable endeavors and the hype that tends to come along with them.

#2131 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How so? Orders have been closed for a LONG TIME now.

Obviously. But do you really think this is going to be the last ever pitch for preorder money from someone?

Quoted from iceman44:

“Questionable endeavors and hype”? Regardless of how bad the execution was DR spent millions and millions of $$$, along along with some PPP to boot. Financially speaking, NOTHING like SkitB, Heighway, Zidware or anyone else for that matter

Just because they outspent everybody else doesn't mean they had a viable or successful business model.

Quoted from iceman44:

The “carpet has not been rolled up yet”. Literally. Nothing has changed within the DR facility

I've been curious about that. Has anyone seen the facility in the last couple days? Are there staff still there? Is it sitting dark & idle? Has it been cleaned out? Have the doors been padlocked? Is there anything posted on the doors?

Quoted from iceman44:

Easy to be an arm chair quarterback after the fact

Sure, but I never said anything different back then than what I'm saying right now.

#2138 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:You determined that from day one huh?

Go back and read my site inspection if you are that curious. Lol

Where were you “back then” pounding the table trying to save people then? Hanging out with Ben just waiting for failure?
What have all key employees that have just gotten fired had to say?

Why do you believe so strongly that deeproot is or could be a viable endeavor, as opposed to yet another failed pinball project/company?

#2146 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are now misrepresenting my own words based on my lengthy historical commentary on DR from day one.

Quoted from iceman44:

In what world did I ever specifically say “I believed so strongly that DR could be a viable endeavor ….”? Especially at this point. In the beginning with all that $$$ before it was f Ed up, of course.

Please don’t twist my words around and misrepresent what I’m saying.

Well, you certainly fooled me about that.

Quoted from iceman44:

They very same thing you just moderated me for! It’s comical! Lol

You altered a quote from another post, so it was moderated. If you want to post your thoughts again without doing that, you're welcome to do so.

Quoted from iceman44:

Say what you want but they have raised $42 million in a SEC Reg D filing and still going.

Can they complete games and ship them out going forward? All it takes is more money. You can still call it a failure in the end.

Throwing more good money after bad doesn't automatically make something a success.

With a good business plan, solid staff, effective leadership, and a viable product--sure, maybe more money could help a company turn things around. Unfortunately, deeproot has not seemed to have had a viable business plan or effective leadership to help get products out the door.

Quoted from iceman44:

I strongly believe DR has F Ed up operations in an EPIC fashion with horrendous poor leadership from Robert.

I can't disagree with you there.

#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The details of the list are unimportant. The fact that it is accessible is all that is important and that is where it ends.

It does matter a little bit. It doesn't seem like the information is just sitting there out in the open for just anyone to stumble upon accidently or even somewhat intentionally. It sounded like it took some effort to extract, and that's probably going to be beyond the reach of most mere mortals without the necessary technical chops.

1 week later
#2723 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I don't get how people think they will get away with this level of embezzlement. Bleeding a company dry when there is basically no hope of creating a real product. Then taking deposits for the nearly non-existent machine. How do you think that you will get away with it without ending up in jail? I get why some people were scammed, the sheer arrogance of such a corrupt scandal seems hard to believe.

Greed, entitlement, narcissism, lack of compassion/empathy for others, anti-social behavior...a whole bundle of wonderful things like that, probably.

invincible-alan-cumming.gifinvincible-alan-cumming.gif
1 week later
#3036 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The DP situation is a win win for everybody.

Marty-McFly.gifMarty-McFly.gif
#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I see you are confused as usual. . Along with the same handful of downvote haters that thrive on other people’s loss
TBL gets made, EAs get games and no bankruptcy.
Cointaker recoups some of their losses on TBL and Raza
Not that hard to grasp really. Barry hate?

No, as usual, your opinions seem just a bit...odd and a little off-base.

You're taking a negative situation, trying to put a positive spin on it like everything is all sunshine and rainbows and all problems are in the past, yet in reality, there are still significant and serious hurdles & issues that still need to be addressed.

That situation seems kind of like a guy in a race who celebrates too early and falls over before crossing the finish line.

the-price-of-early-celebration.gifthe-price-of-early-celebration.gif
#3048 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are taking a positive situation and putting a negative spin on it. YOU are ODD and way off base. Always have been. Terrible attitude
That’s ok. Something is better than nothing.
Call Cointaker If you have an issue.
I’m going to enjoy playing my TBL right now

Well, once all the EAs are made whole, I'd be perfectly happy to celebrate with you.

1 week later
1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=ForceFlow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.