56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 66.
#401 3 years ago

I've created a new owners thread for us to move over to as we see fit. Congrats to all of the buyers!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-owners-club

EDIT: Or not; the topic was closed for unknown reasons. Haha, and the usual tool down-voted it for that boost of self-esteem. I see you buddy; don't worry.

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Jesus. $650 for shipping???

That was alarming to me as well. I questioned them about it and also if there would be other shipping options available. Here was their response...

“It is very hard to get a firm LTL quotes further than two weeks out. So we decided to average costs for the regions of the U.S. from shipping from South Texas. If the actual cost is less then we will let you know and work on that when we get there.”

I’m definitely going to explore all of my options when the time comes. I think that price also includes insurance but I’m not 100% about that. I’m hoping they can get that number down as I definitely feel it is high.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You sonuva!
I guess it's based on distance. Hmm. You have any neighbors moving out near you Yelo? I can save on shipping, or just hang out with you and your game!
Welp.... *gulp* I'm in. Down to the wire it is!
#100232.
[quoted image]

Wow congrats! I have a good feeling your gut instinct will pay off. Game looks like a blast.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You sonuva!
I guess it's based on distance. Hmm. You have any neighbors moving out near you Yelo? I can save on shipping, or just hang out with you and your game!
Welp.... *gulp* I'm in. Down to the wire it is!
#100232.
[quoted image]

Woohoo...party in the burgh...congrats!!!

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And hes back to share his wisdom...... Thanks again we will let you know how it goes.

Its a forum if you don't like something don't read it. Pretty simple. When people make comments like you gotta get orders before you figure out the HARDEST part of pinball... well I thought I would add some 'wisdom'. You know better than that c'mon. I can't wait to see how it goes and for the record I seriously HOPE it turns out awesome for you and everyone else. I don't want to see anymore people burned by fringe pinball companies.

We've seen this time and time again and here is hoping that doesn't happen again not from Deeproot or any other startup pinball company. I'd love to see Deeproot make it past the first one and then build Goonies... what a cool theme for pinball.

Cheers!

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I've created a new owners thread for us to move over to as we see fit. Congrats to all of the buyers!
EDIT: Or not; the topic was closed for unknown reasons. Haha, and the usual tool down-voted it for that boost of self-esteem. I see you buddy; don't worry.

Just a suggestion...just rename this thread when the games start shipping and the mods allow you to do so. Don’t start a new one as there is a lot of info in here and the history of the orders for RAZA as they were placed. All the RAZA stuff will then be in one happy place!

#407 3 years ago

Shipping to AK would have been 1,025 -2,650 or I would have put down 10% on an arcade. Good luck to all the buyers, I can't wait to see some unboxings.

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Just a suggestion...just rename this thread when the games start shipping and the mods allow you to do so. Don’t start a new one as there is a lot of info in here and the history of the orders for RAZA as they were placed. All the RAZA stuff will then be in one happy place!

Yeah, fair point. It does seem pretty bull-headed to just close the thread without any indication as to why though. I guess we'll wait until whatever magic thing has to happen before we can have an owners thread and I'll do it then.

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

feel it is high

I think they were high when giving it!

Really seems like they want to cover their p's and q's, and their entire approach at this point revolves around that stance. Which given they've taken the mantle of Zidware to course correct for people, it makes sense to me.

They should give these 2 Pitts orders a discount, a 2fer1 shipping deal!

Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow congrats! I have a good feeling your gut instinct will pay off. Game looks like a blast.

Thanks Dave! I like their approach, and they've struggled and persevered to get to this point. If they succeed, they'll push the industry, and that hasn't happened since JJP entered the ring. So I'm all om board with that, and you fellow supporters!

Plus, I know it's a regurgitated Frankenstein's Monster in many ways, but to think this is actually a John Popadiuk design, is a pretty big thing for me as an adult. JPop and Lawlor, and definitely Oursler and Nordman, were designers I loved as a teen. (Just wasn't familiar with their names at the time!)

Quoted from drfrightner:

Its a forum if you don't like something don't read it. Pretty simple. When people make comments like you gotta get orders before you figure out the HARDEST part of pinball... well I thought I would add some 'wisdom'. You know better than that c'mon. I can't wait to see how it goes and for the record I seriously HOPE it turns out awesome for you and everyone else. I don't want to see anymore people burned by fringe pinball companies.
We've seen this time and time again and here is hoping that doesn't happen again not from Deeproot or any other startup pinball company. I'd love to see Deeproot make it past the first one and then build Goonies... what a cool theme for pinball.
Cheers!

Larry, I think it's more that the argument against, which is reasonable, has been made over and over again in the other thread, and here. We all aren't naive, but we all want to believe, and in doing so have taken that risk. And in a year like this existing one, this isn't the craziest gamble, even for most days...!

#410 3 years ago

No longer for sale on the site. Congrats to all the Raza purchasers!!!!

DA1CA81F-4C7E-42A2-BA2A-8B969FD0DE72 (resized).jpegDA1CA81F-4C7E-42A2-BA2A-8B969FD0DE72 (resized).jpeg
#411 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No longer for sale on the site. Congrats to all the Raza purchasers!!!!
[quoted image]

Nice! They weren't f'in around! I like that they went firm on that, in the sense that it shows direction, and intent!

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You sonuva!
I guess it's based on distance.
#100232.
[quoted image]

shipping&tax $650. is the way I read it.

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Its a forum if you don't like something don't read it.

True, if This was that forum. This is the BUYERS forum that already Pre-Ordered? I value your opinion but I nor does anyone need to follow it or be beat over the head with it! Time will tell as I keep saying and Trust that you will be one of my first invites over to play it when it Will arrive!

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

You missed the point completely...those higher prices will be on future titles AFTER they have proven themselves by building and shipping all RAZAs ordered. RAZA is being offered at the introductory prices because they are a new company and haven’t proven themselves yet.

Nope didn’t miss the point at all. The assumption is that they believe themselves to be so good that they will quickly be able to charge top flight prices. Building 200 or even 500 ain’t gonna get them there. Proving oneself is a five year not a 6 month proposition. It is good to have ambition as a startup. It is delusion to believe you are so good that you will soon be charging at or above market compared to your competitors who have been in business a couple of decades longer than you have. Startups succeed primarily by delivering product at lower cost (permanently not just a Kickstarter intro teaser) than their competitor. Failing that they succeed by delivering more desired features than their competitor at near the same price. It is unclear if they have done or will likely do any of that. This is not trying to troll them or anyone who has ordered a machine. I want everyone to be happy. It is however saying that their approach that in a year or the next game they will be charging $13K or even $8K for the machine and find lots and lots of takers is highly suspect. I would view the “bargain” that they are claiming to now offer early supporters the same way I view the discount compared to MSRP on a new car or the “limited time sale price” on a new mattress.

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Yeah, fair point. It does seem pretty bull-headed to just close the thread without any indication as to why though. I guess we'll wait until whatever magic thing has to happen before we can have an owners thread and I'll do it then.

Has always to my knowledge been a Pinside rule that a Club thread can only be started When a game first starts shipping. No worries I suspect and Appreciate this will actually be a small and elite group. With an occasional Drfrightner thrown in for fun on occasion lol.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Has always to my knowledge been a Pinside rule that a Club thread can only be started When a game first starts shipping. No worries I suspect and Appreciate this will actually be a small and elite group. With an occasional Drfrightner thrown in for fun on occasion lol.

I thought that might be it as well though I do see a Zeppelin Owners Club already with plenty of posts that hasn't been shut down. I've messaged Robin for clarification just so I know what the exact rules are in the future instead of having to guess.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With an occasional Drfrightner thrown in for fun on occasion lol.

He sure is long winded. Or worded? I have not read any of his posts. I don't value anyones opinion enough to read through all that BS.

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I thought that might be it as well though I do see a Zeppelin Owners Club already with plenty of posts that hasn't been shut down. I've messaged Robin for clarification just so I know what the exact rules are in the future instead of having to guess.

While not a ship to ALL I know LZ has already arrived at a few distributors including Cointaker so I think that qualifies as in route. All good.

#419 3 years ago

I for sure was not swayed by anything negative here and can only high five all the ones who scored a pre-order, and who will FINALLY be able to get a new JPOP game! The advent of forums, blogs, iphones, social madness, etc has just killed the mystery and excitement of things like this in entertainment. So many times I wish I could go to a time where I didn't have to know the opinions of everyone, and could just daydream of the day of the game arriving... which yes, I will do anyways.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While not a ship to ALL I know LZ has already arrived at a few distributors including Cointaker so I think that qualifies as in route. All good.

Yeah, if that's the case, I get it. It just would be nice to have an explanation is all. Whatever though; water under the bridge!

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

He sure is long winded. Or worded? I have not read any of his posts. I don't value anyones opinion enough to read through all that BS.

Lol I do agree with that. With that said #Drfrightner (IE Larry) is a good example of Not reading a book (or Long winded post) by the cover. I have gone down to visit Larry at his invite to see his collection and Amazing creations via his escape rooms and haunted houses. Larry is Truly an Incredibly talented, generous, and knowledgable guy. For Sure not the guy you assume he is by his posts. He is the Real deal creative wildman that has a Crazy passion for all he does. (pretty sure he works 20 hours per day on his visions lol) He and his team build the most incredible sets I have personally ever seen. I would Strongly promote Anyone that can make the trip to St Louis Not miss the opportunity to see his talent and meet him personally. Definitely NOT the guy you may stereotype him as based on his posts which he does mean well by. To me he is one of those hidden gems you find in a hobby that are not what you expected. Many like to share their opinion on how a game company should do things, he actually knows how to do it. Fun stuff, consider a visit you will NOT be disappointed!!

https://www.thedarkness.com

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I for sure was not swayed by anything negative here and can only high five all the ones who scored a pre-order, and who will FINALLY be able to get a new JPOP game! The advent of forums, blogs, iphones, social madness, etc has just killed the mystery and excitement of things like this in entertainment. So many times I wish I could go to a time where I didn't have to know the opinions of everyone, and could just daydream of the day of the game arriving... which yes, I will do anyways.

Again they are just opinions. Who cares what they have to say. Thats why I hate all social media because most of the time if there aren't facts I dont care about others opinions. I totally agree with ya

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Again they are just opinions. Who cares what they have to say. Thats why I hate all social media because most of the time if there aren't facts I dont care about others opinions. I totally agree with ya

Who wants another lame crappy built Stern machine anyways.

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol I do agree with that. With that said #Drfrightner (IE Larry) is a good example of Not reading a book (or Long winded post) by the cover. I have gone down to visit Larry at his invite to see his collection and Amazing creations via his escape rooms and haunted houses. Larry is Truly an Incredibly talented, generous, and knowledgable guy. For Sure not the guy you assume he is by his posts. He is the Real deal creative wildman that has a Crazy passion for all he does. (pretty sure he works 20 hours per day on his visions lol) He and his team build the most incredible sets I have personally ever seen. I would Strongly promote Anyone that can make the trip to St Louis Not miss the opportunity to see his talent and meet him personally. Definitely NOT the guy you may stereotype him as based on his posts which he does mean well by. To me he is one of those hidden gems you find in a hobby that are not what you expected. Many like to share their opinion on how a game company should do things, he actually knows how to do it. Fun stuff, consider a visit you will NOT be disappointed!!

Wow, this does look incredible! Very cool!

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Yeah, if that's the case, I get it. It just would be nice to have an explanation is all. Whatever though; water under the bridge!

I believe it’s stated in the FAQ or something.. I’ve seen it before. Not sure of the rationale behind the club rule, but defiantly is a rule. Gotta be shipping first. I believe stern games are pretty much shipping nearly after announcement.

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Really nice set of thoughts! I miss the days of not feeling every single human's ego expressed at every single moment. Now we know what the poor fucking Highlander, and Dracula feel like....damn it!!!

Quoted from Yelobird:

Nice thoughts as well Dave! Never met the Doc, but have listening to Larry on Kaneda a few times, looked at his site, watched some videos of his work, and him touring around his attractions, and it's absolutely refreshing to see someone do something on that level, that is NOT a bloated, nauseating conglomerate.

He's really an enterprising, ingenuitive, and driven guy. I admire Larry, that is for sure!

Where the hell has Ritchie Wrench been? He's a super motivated dude too! Though rather than create shit, he cleans it up! Also admirable!

You seem like a very motivated and talented person as well Dave! I've always admired your passion, knowledge, and informed and upfront attitude! Which by the way, in my Houdini days just a couple of years back, these deeproot innovations would definitely have been appreciated by a newb like myself! And I definitely looked at some of the issues Robert saw, and scratched my head as well.

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I started a RAZA owners club about 3 weeks ago and then it was shut down. I plan to ask for it to be opened once games start to ship in a few weeks:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-raza-deeproot-owners-club-bring-all-your-alien-zombies

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Who wants another lame crappy built Stern machine anyways.

Lots of people! But let's not start that battle on this thread please.

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So I would return the concern question with what credit card are you using? Seems putting that balance on any credit card (Amex for me) would give you a bit more peace of mind. I will Bet you didn't hand Jpop a credit card on your first leap of faith....

Actually I did use PayPal with Jpop for the first payment. Buyer protection in mind... He QUICKLY decided he needed checks.

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Shipping to AK would have been 1,025 -2,650 or I would have put down 10% on an arcade. Good luck to all the buyers, I can't wait to see some unboxings.

I was quoted $1200-2400 to Canada. Maybe if they find a distributor up here in the future I might bite. Congrats to those that placed orders.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

I started a RAZA owners club about 3 weeks ago and then it was shut down. I plan to ask for it to be opened once games start to ship in a few weeks:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-raza-deeproot-owners-club-bring-all-your-alien-zombies

Ah, that would definitely be good reason for them to have closed my thread then. Thanks for letting me know!

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Jesus. $650 for shipping???

Quoted from wrb1977:

That was alarming to me as well. I questioned them about it and also if there would be other shipping options available. Here was their response...
“It is very hard to get a firm LTL quotes further than two weeks out. So we decided to average costs for the regions of the U.S. from shipping from South Texas. If the actual cost is less then we will let you know and work on that when we get there.”
I’m definitely going to explore all of my options when the time comes. I think that price also includes insurance but I’m not 100% about that. I’m hoping they can get that number down as I definitely feel it is high.

Both of you guys live in Pittsburg. It's been a long while since I've shipped two games but they used to have a two for one shipping deal. (Michelle at Beltman)
Flip a coin to see who's home address to use and coordinate with Deeproot. Jersey Jack did this for me and friends when WOZ first came out.

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

All aboard!?
The speculation/god I hope I get a game Train, is leaving the station.

Nah... that was back in 2012-13.

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Both of you guys live in Pittsburg. It's been a long while since I've shipped two games but they used to have a two for one shipping deal. Flip a coin to see who's home address to use and coordinate with Deeproot. Jersey Jack did this for me and friends when WOZ first came out.

I just checked on 1 vs 2 games from Florida to Chicago a couple months ago, because I had the same memory as you. It wasn't exactly BOGO, but pretty damn close.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I just checked on 1 vs 2 games from Florida to Chicago a couple months ago, because I had the same memory as you. It wasn't exactly BOGO, but pretty damn close.

Also some moving companies will discount if you pick up at their local warehouse.

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Wow, this does look incredible! Very cool!

That video really doesn’t show off his great for play pinball collection and decor. Really well done.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Order is closed now.

It is indeed. "No longer for sale."

#438 3 years ago

Shipping from San Antonio to Houston was estimated at $450. I'll be picking mine up since I am only 3 hours away.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Shipping from San Antonio to Houston was estimated at $450. I'll be picking mine up since I am only 3 hours away.

Shipped via limo, with bubbly on the side..!

#440 3 years ago

Congrats to you preorder bastards! I really wanted to buy one but just couldn’t swing it right now.

I hope you guys hit it big time on this one like the JJP PoTC pin did in value. Pretty looking game, maybe I’ll get one later on.

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Congrats to you preorder bastards! I really wanted to buy one but just couldn’t swing it right now.
I hope you guys hit it big time on this one like the JJP PoTC pin did in value. Pretty looking game, maybe I’ll get one later on.

Lol, crazy preorder bastards maybe. Fairly certain Most did not buy this with any intension to find that elusive POTC investment opportunity simply a really amazing looking game that looks Fun. Sadly this title and company had some Big size baggage to overcome and I personally Fully respect those that apposed this startup but in the end, I personally think this Is a great game and Innovation spark that Will move this hobby we love Forward to new and positive direction. Will it be a value decision or even a successful bet? Time will tell. Past words and statements aside, Now is when the history of This company is decided!

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol, crazy preorder bastards maybe. Fairly certain Most did not buy this with any intension to find that elusive POTC investment opportunity simply a really amazing looking game that looks Fun. Sadly this title and company had some Big size baggage to overcome and I personally Fully respect those that apposed this startup but in the end, I personally think this Is a great game and Innovation spark that Will move this hobby we love Forward to new and positive direction. Will it be a value decision or even a successful bet? Time will tell. Past words and statements aside, Now is when the history of This company is decided!

Agreed! What an exciting time for Deep Root!
I’d love to hear an interview where the main topic is about assembling games on a mass scale within a startup company. I’d have so many questions to ask.
I have my fingers crossed that Deep Root succeeds!
It’s such a great time to be in this hobby.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fairly certain Most did not buy this with any intension to find that elusive POTC investment opportunity simply a really amazing looking game that looks Fun.

I know, but it would just be the icing on the cake for all the naysayers and haters. A good ole serving of humble pie.

#444 3 years ago

Happy New Year RAZA buyers!

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agree 100%...very well said. Now is where the rubber meets the road!

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Happy New Year RAZA buyers!

Same to you!

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

True, if This was that forum. This is the BUYERS forum that already Pre-Ordered? I value your opinion but I nor does anyone need to follow it or be beat over the head with it! Time will tell as I keep saying and Trust that you will be one of my first invites over to play it when it Will arrive!

Yes I'm coming to your PINBALL CRIB... your collection is just out of this world which explains why you would want this game. You have some very rare pinball games and when its all said and done this game will be rare with less than 200 sold. With that being said my intent is NOT to beat anyone over the head, its to remind people this company I wouldn't trust at least not yet. They've proven nothing but it takes them multiple years to develop one single game. Manufacturing is the hard part we all know that, designing the pinball is the easier part. This is why I give a lot of credit to American Pinball they figure out the manufacturing, they just need a HIT to produce. Deeproot has bragged and bragged and bragged and produced nothing. Hey I'll believe it when I see it but honestly I don't want ANYONE to get hurt on this and I'm hoping for the best here for everyone.

Quoted from wesman:

Larry, I think it's more that the argument against, which is reasonable, has been made over and over again in the other thread, and here. We all aren't naive, but we all want to believe, and in doing so have taken that risk. And in a year like this existing one, this isn't the craziest gamble, even for most days...!

Hopefully you see how this could end up being the next Aliens or Big Lebowski. The very guy who designed this game did the same thing with his magic girl. When these things happen you know who it really hurts future start ups because they're even given a chance out of fear the same thing will happen again.

I'm not against Deeproot, I'm SHOCKED they're asking for a $2000 deposit why not $500? Why not $1000? Why $2000?

Good luck and like I said the artwork is great. I'm not a fan of the floating head but overall the artwork looks cool. My fear is the future of this company.

Let me know if you get your game.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Yes I'm coming to your PINBALL CRIB... your collection is just out of this world which explains why you would want this game. You have some very rare pinball games and when its all said and done this game will be rare with less than 200 sold. With that being said my intent is NOT to beat anyone over the head, its to remind people this company I wouldn't trust at least not yet. They've proven nothing but it takes them multiple years to develop one single game. Manufacturing is the hard part we all know that, designing the pinball is the easier part. This is why I give a lot of credit to American Pinball they figure out the manufacturing, they just need a HIT to produce. Deeproot has bragged and bragged and bragged and produced nothing. Hey I'll believe it when I see it but honestly I don't want ANYONE to get hurt on this and I'm hoping for the best here for everyone.

Hopefully you see how this could end up being the next Aliens or Big Lebowski. The very guy who designed this game did the same thing with his magic girl. When these things happen you know who it really hurts future start ups because they're even given a chance out of fear the same thing will happen again.
I'm not against Deeproot, I'm SHOCKED they're asking for a $2000 deposit why not $500? Why not $1000? Why $2000?
Good luck and like I said the artwork is great. I'm not a fan of the floating head but overall the artwork looks cool. My fear is the future of this company.

Then why even bother coming into this thread!?!? I hope your New Year is filled with nothing but negativity as you keep on putting it on to us

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Then why even bother coming into this thread!?!? I hope your New Year is filled with nothing but negativity as you keep on putting it on to us

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Lol. “Let me know if you get your game”

Let me show you my shocked face! Oh wait, you can’t see it

Very difficult not to judge the cover of the book

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club/page/9?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.