56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 66.
#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah....but that game overcame many hurdles for it finally to arrive at your doorstep. Not exactly the best counterpoint, like getting a Stern.
Besides why does your joy at getting a game need to illustrate again, that other people got cornholed? Is that a fun analogy to make?

I don't know who got cornholed by Pinball Brothers buuttt...I know they are giving people who were screwed over by Heighway pinball half off one of these machines even though they don't have to.

#2952 2 years ago

It's pretty clear deeproot is DOA so I called Discover and disputed the deposit charge. They've already closed the dispute and refunded me my deposit, shitty situation as I was quite excited for Raza, but at least I'm not out the money.

#2953 2 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

It's pretty clear deeproot is DOA so I called my Discover and disputed the deposit charge. They've already closed the dispute and refunded me my deposit, shitty situation as I was quite excited for Raza, but at least I'm not out the money.

So you purchased with Discover in November of last year and just asked for a refund this week and they gave it to you? I guess I will use discover for any purchases like this.

#2954 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I don't know who got cornholed by Pinball Brothers buuttt...I know they are giving people who were screwed over by Heighway pinball half off one of these machines even though they don't have to.

That was my point. Heighway Pinball didn't exactly embolden the community with goodwill either.

#2955 2 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

So you purchased with Discover in November of last year and just asked for a refund this week and they gave it to you? I guess I will use discover for any purchases like this.

December, but yes. I used that card because the perks specifically stated pre-order protection (or something along those lines). Since the goods weren't delivered in the 4 months deeproot claimed it was a pretty quick case.

#2956 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The mob tried to cancel TWIP and they may have been successful. Why?

Yelobird is a good guy imo.

But I'm downvoting the remainder of Iceman's trash post. Especially him diverting the likely blame away from Deeproot with the TWIP canceling and placing it elsewhere. What's his motivation for that?

#2957 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That was my point. Heighway Pinball didn't exactly embolden the community with goodwill either.

My initial response was to this comment.. "Anyone paying a deposit for a start up company pin is making a foolish decision.
Haggis, DP, PB, anyone who haven't yet built a large number of pins
Roll the dice guys."

They mentioned PB. I was saying going through a distributor doesn't have risk. PB didn't deliver I get my money back. Alien is the only machine they are making so far, sorry I brought back nightmares for you. lol

On a side note..

Cactus Canyon is going to be remade by Chicago Gaming..Anybody going to have PTSD that the new one will have completed code when their Bally one didn't? lol

#2958 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

My initial response was to this comment.. "Anyone paying a deposit for a start up company pin is making a foolish decision.
Haggis, DP, PB, anyone who haven't yet built a large number of pins
Roll the dice guys."
They mentioned PB. I was staying going through a distributor doesn't have risk. PB didn't deliver I get my money back. Alien is the only machine they are making so far, sorry I brought back nightmares for you. lol
On a side note..
Cactus Canyon is going to be remade by Chicago Gaming..Anybody going to have PTSD that the new one will have completed code when their Bally one didn't? lol

I wasn't around back in the original Heighway days. They took money directly, yes?

How's the code so far for Alien? Did you get to play the prior version?

Chicago Gaming seems to have their shit together. I hope so anyway!

#2959 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I wasn't around back in the original Heighway days. They took money directly, yes?
How's the code so far for Alien? Did you get to play the prior version?
Chicago Gaming seems to have their shit together. I hope so anyway!

Paying a maker directly without reputation is crazy. Going through a distributor, which is the only way Pinball Brothers sells is no risk. So maybe the original poster was just misinformed about trusting PB.

The Alien game plays like the Heighway version almost exactly. PB added a second magnet to pause the ball to set up a shot for the right upper flipper to what is a now a physical ball lock instead of a virtual lock on the old Alien. I do hope the Limited edition version brings back the playfield screen though because it makes ambush easier to see where to hit shots instead of looking up at the screen during that chaos..lol

#2960 2 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

It's pretty clear deeproot is DOA so I called Discover and disputed the deposit charge. They've already closed the dispute and refunded me my deposit, shitty situation as I was quite excited for Raza, but at least I'm not out the money.

Congratulations! The actual loss wasn’t incurred until the SEC report which is all the evidence they need so it’s an easy recoup of funds.

#2961 2 years ago

Glad to hear if most get a refund on their credit card.

#2962 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yelo? Way too nice of a guy and I commend him for basically just letting it go while he gets piled on by the mob

Well, don't lie and you won't open your self up to ridicule. Simple really.

He would LOVED to gotten his 2 games and have dr close, making them"rarer". He would not have cared if you or anyone else got screwed. That is a shitty attitude.

#2963 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah....but that game overcame many hurdles for it finally to arrive at your doorstep. Not exactly the best counterpoint, like getting a Stern.
Besides why does your joy at getting a game need to illustrate again, that other people got cornholed? Is that a fun analogy to make?
(Somewhat illusory point, but I'm fortunate to live in an area of the country that isn't suffering to wildfires and hurricane induced flooding. Events that almost happen annually, sadly, at this point. Should I take joy in their suffering?
I never understand when people live in coastal areas, and then disasters occur seemingly year after year, but....I feel fortunate I don't suffer from those occurrences, and it's upsetting that someone's entire fucking HOUSE and everything in it, and those in it, can be lost. So a pinball game not getting to me, right now...not so much the worst thing.)

People CHOSE to get cornholed, you seem to be glossing over the fact that for years it was clear, NO WAY this would work(Check the math) so those who got shafted got it because they wanted it. Dec 2020 ring a bell FOMO?

#2964 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

People CHOSE to get cornholed, you seem to be glossing over the fact that for years it was clear, NO WAY this would work(Check the math) so those who got shafted got it because they wanted it. Dec 2020 ring a bell FOMO?

I felt things were progressing. There were definite doubts when the group of 5 headed there, but after that occurred, Mueller released a patchwork of information that diminished some doubt, while creating some new doubt.

The site going online and preorder window occurring gave me more confidence.

I put money down feeling my initial chances were more likely than not likely. Months later, I'd never have thought this worst case scenario would exist. I saw enough to be skeptical, and saw some things to make me feel concerned, but as the months went by, that definitely shifted. But still, never thought this would be the end result last year this time.

Sucks...because I felt interesting changes could result from a company wanting to look at things differently. That was the idea I literally bought into.

#2965 2 years ago

I‘m completely lost what you‘re arguing about.

Yelo wanted that machine, pre ordered, was relaxed the hole time, didn‘t work out, got his money back from amex, said he didn‘t loose anything so why not try to believe when you can only gain something, get‘s a trillion downvotes. - Okay…

Jeff from TWIP takes sponsorship from deeproot, cut‘s that as soon as they take money (wich I think is highly responsible knowing what he knows but still have to remain meutral), get‘s threatened/ blackmailed from DR/ Jpop haters so he closes down the site. - Okay…

What are some of you guys getting out of this threatening people into your opinion?!

Whom is this helping?

The one go to source for „drama free“ pinball/ pinside info was killed by drama in pinball/ pinside.

*facepalm*

#2966 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I just keep checking back in because Ice said we were only in the 3rd inning of this whole ordeal a couple of weeks or so ago. Are we in the 4th inning now? Has the game been cancelled on account of rain? I'm trying to keep score here.

Every so often, greatwich will post to explain himself from an earlier post and these get all kinds of down votes. But as late as last week, greatwich was maintaining he received information from all kinds of groups with plans to pick up the ashes and build RAZA’s! What if greatwich had only heard rumors of said conspiracies? What if he didn’t knowing anything but what one individual told him was going on? What if that source turns out to be the same source that told us Aliens would be built years ago? Someone who told us RAZA looked great at Zidware? Someone who told us there were no mountains high enough that Robert Mueller wouldn’t scale to build these RAZA’s? I don’t know the answer to greatwich hypotheticals nor do I care, because greatwich’s posts were largely a bunch of gibberish. But if we could figure out where greatwich went wrong, maybe he can still be saved. After his sabbatical, of course.

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I do hope the Limited edition version brings back the playfield screen though because it makes ambush easier to see where to hit shots instead of looking up at the screen during that chaos..lol

Um… just check what inserts are flashing and you know where Xenos are coming in. No screen needed at all

#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Um… just check what inserts are flashing and you know where Xenos are coming in. No screen needed at all

I do, but I don't know which ones are closer than others.

#2969 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well, don't lie and you won't open your self up to ridicule. Simple really.
He would LOVED to gotten his 2 games and have dr close, making them"rarer". He would not have cared if you or anyone else got screwed. That is a shitty attitude.

No clue what your personal issue is? Yes I bought two games but have said multiple times they were Not both for me. They were for Kklank and I though not sure Why that even matters. I also explained Why I wanted the game but you feel some odd need to spin it with some grand conspiracy of closing DR or rarity. It was a cool ass game, I bought one. Why is that such a huge confusion for you. Lol. The only shitty attitude I have is Why does everyone care so much what I buy or do with my money? Lol.

#2970 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yelobird is a good guy imo.
But I'm downvoting the remainder of his trash post. Especially him diverting the likely blame away from Deeproot with the TWIP canceling and placing it elsewhere. What's his motivation for that?

You lost me. What did I Ever say negative about TWIP? There is No better contributor to pinball.

#2971 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You lost me. What did I Ever say negative about TWIP? There is No better contributor to pinball.

No, not you at all. I was responding exclusively to Iceman and his reference to us being the cause of TWIP threats. That is Iceman being intellectually dishonest once again and growing his unscrupulous reputation.

I do think you're a good guy and I disagree with the derogatory comments towards you personally.
I have now edited my previous comment for clarity.

Quoted from iceman44:

The mob tried to cancel TWIP and they may have been successful. Why?
You said it, “What in the ever living fuck”
I had a game coming from DR as a result of getting F Ed by Jpop in 2014.
Apologize for that? F that.
All the Debbie Downvoters can vote away. Like I said, have some balls and pick up the phone if it disturbs you that much.
Yelo? Way too nice of a guy and I commend him for basically just letting it go while he gets piled on by the mob

#2972 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I felt things were progressing. There were definite doubts when the group of 5 headed there, but after that occurred, Mueller released a patchwork of information that diminished some doubt, while creating some new doubt.
The site going online and preorder window occurring gave me more confidence.
I put money down feeling my initial chances were more likely than not likely. Months later, I'd never have thought this worst case scenario would exist. I saw enough to be skeptical, and saw some things to make me feel concerned, but as the months went by, that definitely shifted. But still, never thought this would be the end result last year this time.
Sucks...because I felt interesting changes could result from a company wanting to look at things differently. That was the idea I literally bought into.

Sorry man, but after jpop 1.0, after all the missed deadlines, the bragging about $$$$ spent and nothing to show for years( capped off by the 6 insiders, who made dr literally go back to the drawing board). If none of that was a red flag, then all the sudden a website pops up and you have 3 weeks to order and you STILL put money into this.

Well....

I am announcing my own TBD title. A slick website with buy it now checkout is getting launched real soon.

#2973 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sorry man, but after jpop 1.0, after all the missed deadlines, the bragging about $$$$ spent and nothing to show for years( capped off by the 6 insiders, who made dr literally go back to the drawing board). If none of that was a red flag, then all the sudden a website pops up and you have 3 weeks to order and you STILL put money into this.
Well....
I am announcing my own TBD title. A slick website with buy it now checkout is getting launched real soon.

Dude go grab a beer and cool down.

At this point these posts are redundant now and are adding no value.

#2974 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No clue what your personal issue is? Yes I bought two games but have said multiple times they were Not both for me. They were for Kklank and I though not sure Why that even matters. I also explained Why I wanted the game but you feel some odd need to spin it with some grand conspiracy of closing DR or rarity. It was a cool ass game, I bought one. Why is that such a huge confusion for you. Lol. The only shitty attitude I have is Why does everyone care so much what I buy or do with my money? Lol.

Huh, seems like it would have been so much easier to say that like 1 month ago lol.

If it were true of course. Anyway, glad you got your money back on your bet, so other people's fees can go up. Great job buddy!

#2975 2 years ago

The lesson is...

PAY YOUR DEPOSIT WITH A CREDIT CARD! NO GAME YOUR DEPOSIT IS REFUNDED,!

that seems simple enough.

Let's move on

#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Quoted from cpr9999:

Show me 1 post in this or the other thread that has value, besides comedic value? Remember, I tried to get anyone in this thread to list a positive about the Dr situation. Not one person replied. Dr has no value, so why would the posts? Anyway, I suspect this will all die down soon. People are getting money back and now playing the victim and that will get old..

#2977 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The lesson is...
PAY YOUR DEPOSIT WITH A CREDIT CARD! NO GAME YOUR DEPOSIT IS REFUNDED,!
that seems simple enough.
Let's move on

Also a lesson, limit yourself to one sham/possible golden turd, if that, to alleviate the hassle and hopefully not get rejected after the first debacle.

As much as I'm not in love with the companies that ARE manufacturing games, issues and all, at least those companies have and will continue to deliver.

#2978 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Huh, seems like it would have been so much easier to say that like 1 month ago lol.
If it were true of course. Anyway, glad you got your money back on your bet, so other people's fees can go up. Great job buddy!

The second game was purchased for a Friend and he didn’t want to be part of your target practice so as a Friend I respected his privacy and withheld his name. But again, does it really matter? I get the frustration and venom for Zidware and DR. That’s always been your choice and I respected that choice as yours. How or why you feel I personally cheated you I don’t understand but I will say sorry if somehow you feel that way. I’m moving on personally. I enjoy pinball for the wonderful friends and and joy it brings my family and I. Drama + Pinball = no fun

#2979 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Show me 1 post in this or the other thread that has value, besides comedic value? Remember, I tried to get anyone in this thread to list a positive about the Dr situation. Not one person replied. Dr has no value, so why would the posts? Anyway, I suspect this will all die down soon. People are getting money back and now playing the victim and that will get old..

This is already getting old.

Think about what you are posting is this adding value or do you like to just poke at people?

It’s over as far as preorders. Not sure what value is being covered with all these posts.

#2980 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What the fuck dude - who made you judge, jury and executioner?

My fees go up every day because of deadbeats defaulting on CC and PPP loans.

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

As much as I'm not in love with the companies that ARE manufacturing games, issues and all, at least those companies have and will continue to deliver.

Correct.

Fantasy is always more exciting than reality. But at least with reality you won’t get your money stolen and you’ll actually receive a game.

I think I remember saying this a few dozen times over the past few years...

#2982 2 years ago

The “woke” culture has come to Pinside!
Everyone is culpable. Everyone must apologize.
Everyone must be canceled! Lol.
The people the pre-ordered must be privileged! Fuck em! Grab your pitchforks!!
Crazy town.

I’m just joking……or am I. Get a grip people.

Heck with this. I’m going golfing tomorrow like I did today.

Super happy a lot of people are getting refunds.

#2983 2 years ago

I get why people put money down, $1000 deposit or whatever is kind of a fun little gamble. I was one of the lucky ones with original alien. after zidware and skitb I think there’s no illusion about the possibility of failure. Too bad no one got anything.. if they did ship a couple games and you won, it would be a cool pinball art piece at least.

#2984 2 years ago

This entire thread is out of hand. Woke culture now.

No it was always arrogance of some preorder folks blindly supporting RM and depproot when many saw the writing on the wall.

All many are asking for us a simple look we were wrong and sorry we were being asses to the rest of you warning us. Though that’s not going to happen.

Now any threats against anyone over a stupid argument is insane.

Many of us love the hobby and do not want to scumbags like Jpop, RM or Kevin in it.

Personally, I’m almost done as I’m hearing pricing is about to go through the roof. Another $1000 on premiums and $800 on pros after the next title.

#2985 2 years ago

After 10 years waiting,i don’t fully trust John Popadiuk anymore.
I don’t believe he is gonna build my pinball machine.
Too bad

#2986 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’m just joking……or am I. Get a grip people.

I'm gonna go with "or am I." Jokes are supposed to be funny.

#2987 2 years ago

Roostking… dial it back man.

#2988 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The mob tried to cancel TWIP

Quoted from kklank:

Quoted from kklank:

Everyone must be canceled

Quoted from hank527:

Woke culture now

Is it Fox news catchphrase day?

#2989 2 years ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

What the fuck dude - who made you judge, jury and executioner?
My fees go up every day because of deadbeats defaulting on CC and PPP loans.

Im not, RM is, you just happen to put your head willingly on the chopping block for him.

And now you can count the bettors, i mean pre-orders, amongst the deadbeats.

#2990 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:.. if they did ship a couple games and you won, it would be a cool pinball art piece at least.

Exactly what many pre-order people were hoping for....

#2991 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Only on Pinside/online can people get screwed over, and then told they need to repent and apologize for being screwed. What in the ever living fuck???

Really it sounds like the only people that got screwed were people who didn't take refunds for their original zidware spots, and little old ladies with retirement funds. Everyone else got to join in on the "fun" of supporting a scam company and true cancer of the hobby and walk away scott free.

#2992 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It's as if the most important part of being a pinball manufacturer is actually manufacturing pinballs. Crazy, I know!

#2995 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Really it sounds like the only people that got screwed were people who didn't take refunds for their original zidware spots, and little old ladies with retirement funds. Everyone else got to join in on the "fun" of supporting a scam company and true cancer of the hobby and walk away scott free.

So are you saying the preorder people should have known it was a $58m scam? If so, those little old ladies should know what they are investing in too! Shame on them for not doing their do diligence in what they invest in! Right? Just like the preorder people?

As a matter of fact do you know who is backing JJP or Spooky? Have you looked at their records?

Do you check up on every company you buy something from?? Common man - geez.

#2996 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im not, RM is, you just happen to put your head willingly on the chopping block for him.
And now you can count the bettors, i mean pre-orders, amongst the deadbeats.

False assumption- I am not a preorder guy.
I bet the people who can afford these potential machines are not deadbeats either.

Geez more dopey comments.
337465C6-7D7C-453C-AC1A-0A4F77E84757.gif337465C6-7D7C-453C-AC1A-0A4F77E84757.gif

#2997 2 years ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

So are you saying the preorder people should have known it was a $58m scam? If so, those little old ladies should know what they are investing in too! Shame on them for not doing their do diligence in what they invest in! Right? Just like the preorder people?

You are conveniently overlooking the 3 plus years of extra data that pre-order buyers had before jumping in vs the zidware folks. Folks who locked in during the Fall 2020 window had ample signs and opportunities to NOT be there that others did not.

#2998 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You are conveniently overlooking the 3 plus years of extra data that pre-order buyers had before jumping in vs the zidware folks. Folks who locked in during the Fall 2020 window had ample signs and opportunities to NOT be there that others did not.

You are conveniently assuming everyone is on Pinside or constantly researching the company they bought something from!

#2999 2 years ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

You are conveniently assuming everyone is on Pinside or constantly researching the company they bought something from!

You didn't buy anything from anyone, you sent someone preorder money. And yea, it's normal due diligence to research something like a brand new pinball company, considering the failures of certain other brand new pinball companies, not to mention jpop himself.

If you're claiming to have done no research before sending money, you're pretty much admitting you're either lazy or stupid.

#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

I'm specifically talking about pinside buyers, but willfully ignorant is willfully ignorant I guess, so you have a point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club/page/60?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.