56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 66.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry meant video Modes. In the rather awesome in depth coverage on game and code This Week in Pinball one of the later sections shows some video modes like "Attach of the Saucers" which looks similar to the one in AFM or missile command.
Pretty much Everything you would want to know about Raza gameplay:
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/retro-atomic-zombie-adventureland-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

I watched this video and it talked briefly about a mode or two,
“Raza ruleset playtime with Bowden and Johnson”.
Man o man, the photos of the artwork on the playfield are just off the hook in that TWIP article. I’m excited!

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

outside of that group

You are outside of that group so stay away from this thread. As yelowbird said the deeproot mainthread is the place for you this thread is for commited or setiously interested buyers only. I waited 2 years in the mud of the main thread for the light and positivity of this thread you in that regard bring nothing new and fresh to the table nothing.

#253 3 years ago

Couldn't help it. I'm in.
This thing just looks amazing. With all the different targets, different interesting bells and whistles everywhere, theme is cool, layout looks awesome, that LCD bar looks amazing, I just couldn't resist...and with the order window closing in, I just had to jump on the chance.
In for an arcade edition with the AR glass and toy upgrade, shaker and the GI lighting upgrade.
I'm stoked... Now I suppose I'll have to tell my wife, or do I? Haha

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I got the opportunity to watch some game play of RAZA recently. The code and gameplay looks surprisingly very good.
If this game was being sold by Stern, I think it would sell in large numbers. The only things holding it back is the combination of a new start up company and the Jpop aura hanging around. If the game plays as good as it looks and plays reliably, those 2 things will quickly disappear.
For this reason, I’m in on RAZA and am willing to take a chance because of the CODE.
With this same logic, I’m assuming Deep Root knows that they have one chance to get this right or their reputation and their company will be toast. With the attention they seemed to have put into this game, this looks like a winner. I dig it.
Full disclosure, I’m also in on a LZ but it’s purely because it’s Zeppelin. Playfield looks sparse. But the playfield looked sparse in SW and still turned out to be a lot of fun. If it turns out to be shit code like Munsters, everybody will be dumping their LZs no matter how great Zeppelin is. (And I’m huge fan of Zeppelin.) IMHO.

Congrats on taking the plunge!

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Couldn't help it. I'm in.
This thing just looks amazing. With all the different targets, different interesting bells and whistles everywhere, theme is cool, layout looks awesome, that LCD bar looks amazing, I just couldn't resist, man with the order window closing in, I just had to jump on the chance.
In for an arcade edition with the AR glass and toy upgrade, shaker and the GI lighting upgrade.
I'm stoked... Now I suppose I'll have to tell my wife, or do I? Haha

Awesome! What was your order number?

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Awesome! What was your order number?

Looks like I'm order # 100212
Wasn't initially planning on taking such an interest, but the more I looked at that game, all it has and what it has to offer, I just had to take the plunge. I'm super stoked! I wonder when these games will start shipping out? Can't wait!!

#257 3 years ago

In, Hope this works out #100213 let’s go!!

23156DCB-9351-4DA3-89D6-A8404438D10D (resized).jpeg23156DCB-9351-4DA3-89D6-A8404438D10D (resized).jpeg
#258 3 years ago

Man.... I don't know what to do!!! Do I commit or not? I'm remembering the time when I was talking to JPop on the phone for an hour about committing to Raza and AIW way back when. And how he told me to come by the studio to look at it's progress and that I could take him out and buy him a cheeseburger from some joint down the street. How all he did was talk about the million strokes of artwork on each playfield and that he would draw something put it on his wall for a month or two and keep on looking at it and if he didn't like it he would take it down and redo and how he never answering my questions about build dates. At that moment I knew the game was never going to be built and that if he needed me to buy him a cheeseburger I knew he wasn't exactly rolling in dough. So I wished him best of luck and declined buying any of them. But fast forward to today and after watching all the videos on Deeproot, how they were able to get it to this point and how they are taking care of those that lost money with Zidware is commendable. I can't stop watching them! The game is absolutely beautifully stunning!!! Having management in place is what JPop failed to do and where I have faith that Deeproot will succeed. I'm blown away with all the features and innovations on the game and all the attention to detail that went into this pinball. And seeing all the other games on their list, I want so much to see this company succeed. So while writing this I have convinced myself that I will be pulling the trigger on an RAZA Xtra and giving them support with my hard-earned dollars!

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

In, Hope this works out #100213 let’s go!!
[quoted image]

Woohoo!

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Man.... I don't know what to do!!! Do I commit or not? I'm remembering the time when I was talking to JPop on the phone for an hour about committing to Raza and AIW way back when. And how he told me to come by the studio to look at it's progress and that I could take him out and buy him a cheeseburger from some joint down the street. How all he did was talk about the million strokes of artwork on each playfield and that he would draw something put it on his wall for a month or two and keep on looking at it and if he didn't like it he would take it down and redo and how he never answering my questions about build dates. At that moment I knew the game was never going to be built and that if he needed me to buy him a cheeseburger I knew he wasn't exactly rolling in dough. So I wished him best of luck and declined buying any of them. But fast forward to today and after watching all the videos on Deeproot, how they were able to get it to this point and how they are taking care of those that lost money with Zidware is commendable. I can't stop watching them! The game is absolutely beautifully stunning!!! Having management in place is what JPop failed to do and where I have faith that Deeproot will succeed. I'm blown away with all the features and innovations on the game and all the attention to detail that went into this pinball. And seeing all the other games on their list, I want so much to see this company succeed. So while writing this I have convinced myself that I will be pulling the trigger on an RAZA Xtra and giving them support with my hard-earned dollars!

Thanks for sharing your past experience and your current perspective. Like you said, time to move FORWARD and support this new company and everything they are trying to accomplish. The issue with the “other” deeproot thread is that the majority of those Pinsiders are stuck in the PAST, having no idea how to move on and also don’t seem to realize that if deeproot succeeds it will benefit everyone that loves pinball including them. I’m curious how many of those skeptics, critics, bashers, and haters will secretly order a RAZA? Maybe none, but you have to wonder. There is clearly a curiosity and excitement with what deeproot is trying to accomplish as that thread has been extremely active for a few years now and has never lost steam. This is a NEW company with a tremendously talented team, only one of which has a troubled past. And, deeproot even addressed that with their Goodwill offer to the Zidware customers that got screwed.

Let us know your order number...good luck!

#261 3 years ago

Another friendly reminder...

2 DAYS LEFT TO ORDER RAZA!!!

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The issue with the “other” deeproot thread is that the majority of those Pinsiders are stuck in the PAST

Well, give them a little break...many lost an INCREDIBLE amount of money to a crook and con man. Sometimes it's hard to just Look Forward...

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The issue with the “other” deeproot thread is that the majority of those Pinsiders are stuck in the PAST,

3DF2B1E8-9FFB-430B-A519-A366A25A2778.jpeg3DF2B1E8-9FFB-430B-A519-A366A25A2778.jpeg
#264 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

Starting to get off topic once more. Just keep clicking the down-vote button and we'll all keep ignoring you. Everyone wins!

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Starting to get off topic once more. Just keep clicking the down-vote button and we'll all keep ignoring you. Everyone wins!

67F15527-BE22-4556-A642-65003DFAB315.gif67F15527-BE22-4556-A642-65003DFAB315.gif
#266 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

Haha, you got pantsed so hard last time you tried this that you're now relying on gifs. Fun! Well at least you're adding to the entertainment value of watching you try to win at the internet. Carry on.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Haha, you got pantsed so hard last time you tried this that you're now relying on gifs. Fun! Well at least you're adding to the entertainment value of watching you try to win at the internet. Carry on.

You sure have a funny way of ignoring a fella.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You sure have a funny way of ignoring a fella.

You sure have a funny way of reading thread titles and descriptions.

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

Not sure why you feel the need to post trash in here.... it clearly states why this thread is here and the op was very polite with his opening post and it’s purpose, so best to move along back to the toxic thread...

This one is just for people wanting to share their order info and option musings

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I feel bad for those that lost money I truly do and almost was one as well. But they were willing to pony up tens of thousands of dollars for a game that up to that point didn't exist to a game designer whose reputation preceded him as not being able to meet deadline's. They were well aware of the risk of doing so as was I when I called him. We too are taking a risk at this point. But unlike Zidware's risk, Deeproot's risk is much more palatable. Unlike the one man band called Zidware, Deeproot has a complete design team heavily funded owner that produced a fully coded, functional working game and videos of RAZA actually being played (instead of an empty box) and tutorials of said pinball.

I get your hatred for JPop and his company "The Cult
of Zidware". I too would have been there with you guys if I didn't catch on to all the b******* he was spewing. But, all you guys out there downvoting and berating anything Deeproot does is not fair at this point. Your gripe is with Zidware not Deeproot. You chose to drink the Kool-Aid without question and assumed the risk doing so. JPop was brought on because he's an extremely talented artist and desiger. That's a one of the main reasons why everybody jumped on board when he announced he was making new games. But he is only one person out of many others that have risked a lot to be a part of something new that could be great. Think about those people and their families. All you're doing is hurting their chances living their dream producing great pinballs for us to play and enjoy.

Think about how excited you were when JPop announced he was making a game and you were fortunate enough to secure a spot. How much joy you felt inside and the anticipation of actually getting a brand new highly limited game from one of your favorite designers. Well that's how we all feel right now and you're continuing negativity that's been stated multiple times and rightfully so is stomping on our dreams and hopes of getting one. So please let It go...start your "I hate and wish JPop would die!" thread and leave us alone in our RAZA pre order thread.

Now let the dowvotes commence

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

best to move along back to the toxic thread...

Its true the other thread does have toxic comments. But it also has a lot of truth and wisdom that should not be ignored. As I said before, I think having both threads is a good thing.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Well, give them a little break...many lost an INCREDIBLE amount of money to a crook and con man. Sometimes it's hard to just Look Forward...

I get that, but after hearing about it for years I’m past giving them a break. Deeproot Pinball is NOT Zidware and JPop is only one person in a very large group of talented designers, engineers, artists, etc., that Robert assembled. And deeproot, a NEW and separate company, provided a Goodwill offer to those that got burned in an attempt to make them whole. I’ve always had sympathy for what happened to those that lost money, but deeproot was the only entity to try to make it right. So I applaud them! Not moving forward after all these years is a waste of time, energy, is unproductive, and simply unhealthy. I hope those people that can’t “move on” can find peace one day. Other than offering my sincerest congratulations to those burned by JPop when they receive their RAZA through the Goodwill agreement, this is the last time I will discuss the past as it pertains to Zidware. That will be a great day for those people and long overdue!

Finally, many of the most vocal Pinsiders criticizing deeproot didn’t lose a penny and are just on some self-righteous holy crusade cause they have nothing better to do than waste hours of their time in a thread about a company they will never buy a single thing from. I want deeproot to succeed, not because of JPop, but because it’s good for pinball, and more importantly, many people’s jobs are on the line and their future employment and income is riding on deeproot’s success. These people put years of work into this new and exciting platform and I’d hate to see it be all for nothing.

In the spirit of moving on, as a fellow horror and sci-fi fan, I’ve always respected your views Ted. What do you think of the art package on RAZA?

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Unlike the one man band called Zidware, Deeproot has a complete design team heavily funded owner that produced a fully coded, functional working game and videos of RAZA actually being played (instead of an empty box) and tutorials of said pinball.

Design team is not a factory. Look what happened to Dutch. They designed & produced a great game. Tangible. Playable. It all went south at the factory/manufacture stage, and here we are 4 years later & most people who pre-ordered have nothing.

Quoted from wrb1977:

Deeproot Pinball is NOT Zidware and JPop is only one person in a very large group of talented designers, engineers, artists, etc., that Robert assembled

Robert threw a lot of money at those people, sure - but the part that always throws these startups down the pit of doom is manufacturing. Pinball isn’t a design/art business. It’s a manufacturing business. That’s the part that counts: the factory. Robert has still not shown a factory. Pointing this out isn’t “negative”, it’s absolutely relevant to a scenario where you’re placing orders & have expectations of receiving a product within a reasonable timeframe. Without a functioning/staffed/trained factory, how are these games going to get made & shipped?

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I feel bad for those that lost money I truly do and almost was one as well. But they were willing to pony up tens of thousands of dollars for a game that up to that point didn't exist to a game designer whose reputation preceded him as not being able to meet deadline's. They were well aware of the risk of doing so as was I when I called him. We too are taking a risk at this point. But unlike Zidware's risk, Deeproot's risk is much more palatable. Unlike the one man band called Zidware, Deeproot has a complete design team heavily funded owner that produced a fully coded, functional working game and videos of RAZA actually being played (instead of an empty box) and tutorials of said pinball.
I get your hatred for JPop and his company "The Cult
of Zidware". I too would have been there with you guys if I didn't catch on to all the b******* he was spewing. But, all you guys out there downvoting and berating anything Deeproot does is not fair at this point. Your gripe is with Zidware not Deeproot. You chose to drink the Kool-Aid without question and assumed the risk doing so. JPop was brought on because he's an extremely talented artist and desiger. That's a one of the main reasons why everybody jumped on board when he announced he was making new games. But he is only one person out of many others that have risked a lot to be a part of something new that could be great. Think about those people and their families. All you're doing is hurting their chances living their dream producing great pinballs for us to play and enjoy.
Think about how excited you were when JPop announced he was making a game and you were fortunate enough to secure a spot. How much joy you felt inside and the anticipation of actually getting a brand new highly limited game from one of your favorite designers. Well that's how we all feel right now and you're continuing negativity that's been stated multiple times and rightfully so is stomping on our dreams and hopes of getting one. So please let It go...start your "I hate and wish JPop would die!" thread and leave us alone in our RAZA pre order thread.
Now let the dowvotes commence

Damn! Great minds think alike!!!

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Design team is not a factory. Look what happened to Dutch. They designed & produced a great game. Tangible. Playable. It all went south at the factory/manufacture stage, and here we are 4 years later & most people who pre-ordered have nothing.

Robert threw a lot of money at those people, sure - but the part that always throws these startups down the pit of doom is manufacturing. Pinball isn’t a design/art business. It’s a manufacturing business. That’s the part that counts: the factory. Robert has still not shown a factory. Pointing this out isn’t “negative”, it’s absolutely relevant to a scenario where you’re placing orders & have expectations of receiving a product within a reasonable timeframe. Without a functioning/staffed/trained factory, how are these games going to get made & shipped?

FYI you need to have purchase orders in order to have a “functioning/staffed/trained factory”. Without orders that factory is non-existent.

So you need both sides of the equation- let’s see what happens to DR instead of saying it’s doomed.

DP had different issues. Yes great game (as I am a huge supporter, follower and modder of this game). Their issues do have something to do with manufacturing issues; but they were based on a contract manufacturer they could not pay because they spent lots of money up front on parties, lawsuits, etc. When the final story is written here I believe it will be DP in their new factory that have made current and original buyers whole. They are slowly on track here. Most original buyers now have hope versus the people with pitch forks and torches that said burn in down with lawsuits (and were not even invested).

Different perspectives and time help. Give DR a chance. Put the pitch fork and torch down - they are not Zidware.

#276 3 years ago

Well, I was actually enjoying reading about people’s orders and what they chose. The chat on what options were best and why. It was a refreshing change. I hope this thread stays on topic and isn’t derailed

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s like you think you’re telling us something we don’t already know. We know production, manufacturing, shipping, etc., is hard, very hard. We all know this is where the risk we are taking mainly lies. We know we may never see RAZA make it into our gamerooms. We know we may lose money. We also took all of this into consideration when we ordered RAZA. We know!!! The damage is already done! That ship has already sailed! The train already left the station! We already boarded the deeproot plane! We already took the plunge! We already took the leap of faith! We already sold our souls! It’s too late for us...we can’t be saved!

Instead of trying to tell people not to preorder in the thread that is primarily for people that ALREADY DID, your message would serve you better in the “other” deeproot thread as there may be people in that thread that may still be on the fence. Or, even better, accept the fact that we are all adults here and can make our own decisions. Thanks for your concern.

Lastly, if I never receive my RAZA and lose my $589.90 deposit, I will personally “eat crow” in both threads and in a special PM to you!

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It’s like you think you’re telling us something we don’t already know. We know production, manufacturing, shipping, etc., is hard, very hard. We all know this is where the risk we are taking mainly lies. We know we may never see RAZA make it into our gamerooms. We know we may lose money. We also took all of this into consideration when we ordered RAZA. We know!!! The damage is already done! That ship has already sailed! The train already left the station! We already boarded the deeproot plane! We already took the plunge! We already took the leap of faith! We already sold our souls! It’s too late for us...we can’t be saved!
Instead of trying to tell people not to preorder in the thread that is primarily for people that ALREADY DID, your message would serve you better in the “other” deeproot thread as there may be people in that thread that may still be on the fence. Or, even better, accept the fact that we are all adults here and can make our own decisions. Thanks for your concern.
Lastly, if I never receive my RAZA and lose my $589.90 deposit, I will personally “eat crow” in both threads and in a special PM to you!

Quoted from Rarehero:

I think it's an odd way to keep upping the thread personally, intentionally or unintentionally, and get more people pre-ordering.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

In the spirit of moving on, as a fellow horror and sci-fi fan, I’ve always respected your views Ted. What do you think of the art package on RAZA?

Thanks! Oh, I have nothing against Deeproot and hope they do well. The Jpoop thing annoys me because I hate to see people being taken advantage of. I think he should go to jail.
That being said, I like the look of RAZA. I like the backbox and the art. I would love to play one someday. It is certainly not out of the question that I would buy a Deeproot pinball machine someday. (Just not Food Truck or Bible Stories or Goonies) If they made Forbidden Planet, I'd be first in line. I am all for what they are doing trying to get games to the Zid W people.

#280 3 years ago

The FAQ has been updated; including a section for Arcade Edition machines. Probably the most notable response is about the order confirmation number not being in direct correlation to the number of games being built.

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks! Oh, I have nothing against Deeproot and hope they do well. The Jpoop thing annoys me because I hate to see people being taken advantage of. I think he should go to jail.
That being said, I like the look of RAZA. I like the backbox and the art. I would love to play one someday. It is certainly not out of the question that I would buy a Deeproot pinball machine someday. (Just not Food Truck or Bible Stories or Goonies) If they made Forbidden Planet, I'd be first in line. I am all for what they are doing trying to get games to the Zid W people.

For a few of those Davidoff cigars my game and home arcade is Always open to you Mr monter mag! Any day any time your in the area.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Apples and oranges. Dutch should have offered like DR with two versions of their game. Not doing so limited the market in a time when selling a game at $10,000 was unheard of. Maybe if they did so they'd be in business today

#283 3 years ago

Regarding this option.

"When the optional “Neon Rings” are mentioned, is this referring to the rubber rings? If so, and these are not selected, it appears you get standard white rubbers with red flipper rubbers; correct?
Yes the rubber rings are the neon rings. Correct, white and red are the standard for the Arcade"

I love the neon a lot, but if the neon is added, I'm assuming you don't get the extra rings tossed in. So it seems like a more frugal option to burn through the standard rings via play, and replace down the road with neons.

Thoughts?

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Apples and oranges. Dutch should have offered like DR with two versions of their game. Not doing so limited the market in a time when selling a game at $10,000 was unheard of. Maybe if they did so they'd be in business today

Dutchpinball.com is in business.

FYI

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Maybe if they did so they'd be in business today

FYI: Dutch Pinball is still in business.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FYI: Dutch Pinball is still in business.

Yes I do know their still in business. I stated that incorrectly. I stand corrected

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I ordered #100209, in my opinion its a leap of faith and believing in a new company. Remember Tesla? everyone was against it, at some point you have to believe that not everyone is out to screw you over but in life sometimes shit happens. I spoke to Robert and he seems like a good guy, could I be wrong, ya sure but he has alot more to lose if this company does not make it than you or I with a deposit. Years of R&D and what I only can imagine is a huge investment on his part. I have started and operate my own business for many years and it is not easy to start to risk it all and get people to believe in you. Go for it and believe in the guy, ignore the assholes working a 9/5 with nothing better to do that have NEVER taken a risk to start up anything. You will kick yourself if this is huge and you missed out. best wishes in your decision and for the new year.

#288 3 years ago

Another quick update to the FAQ regarding the optional GI lighting for those that are interested.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I ordered #100209, in my opinion its a leap of faith and believing in a new company. Remember Tesla? everyone was against it, at some point you have to believe that not everyone is out to screw you over but in life sometimes shit happens. I spoke to Robert and he seems like a good guy, could I be wrong, ya sure but he has alot more to lose if this company does not make it than you or I with a deposit. Years of R&D and what I only can imagine is a huge investment on his part. I have started and operate my own business for many years and it is not easy to start to risk it all and get people to believe in you. Go for it and believe in the guy, ignore the assholes working a 9/5 with nothing better to do that have NEVER taken a risk to start up anything. You will kick yourself if this is huge and you missed out. best wishes in your decision and for the new year.

Thank you and hopefully you have a nice New Year as well. I work at a 9 to5 job or should I say 6:00 to 3:30 job but I helped my girlfriend out starting up a spa and my father had a business as well and totally understand the inner workings of starting up a business and having it succeed. I commend all the small businesses out there for taking the risk as I do for DP. That's why I want to show them support by purchasing this pinball. And this will totally look perfect next to my GNRCE!!!

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Another quick update to the FAQ regarding the optional GI lighting for those that are interested.

Excellent!

I just asked, and got a reply about that too!

If there's actual code integration, I feel that's a decent price and option. I hadn't considered it, until finding this out.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Not sure why you feel the need to post trash in here

There are only two possible reasons.

1. ignorant and/or stupid

2. evil

Trashtalkers like him hop over from the deeproot main thread to gain more traction bc here his opinion and view is "exclusive" and "special" here it sounds fresh bc unwritten here bc there its the same talk for over 2 years here he feels the enlightment of being the only "teacher" that can educate us bc there hes not special.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

There are only two possible reasons.
1. ignorant and/or stupid
2. evil

I’m skeptical of a company with years of broken promises & zero proven ability to manufacture and you legit throw those insults at me? Wow. Just wow.

This. Is. A. Cult.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m skeptical of a company with years of broken promises & zero proven ability to manufacture and you legit throw those insults at me? Wow. Just wow.
This. Is. A. Cult.

You’ve made your point thank you. We will let you know how it goes.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This. Is. A. Cult.

You make routine shitposts, day after day. You're a Rare Hero, indeed! One that tells people how to spend their money, over and over, and over again.

There's a risk every damn day I exist! Probably far less risk driving my car daily, then putting money down on this game.

It's nearly a Club Thread. Not a cult. People, like myself in the R&M thread, respect, and don't continually hammer THEIR point, (negative pop points always) in those threads.

This kind of dominance and ego posturing keeps me off Pinside, frankly.

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For a few of those Davidoff cigars my game and home arcade is Always open to you Mr monter mag! Any day any time your in the area.

And likewise if you're ever here, steaks, cigars and tequila!

#296 3 years ago

I'm one of the Zidware people, and I'm getting ready to place my order for RAZA. Can Iceman or any of the other people that are following through from the Zidware Goodwill agreement chime in regarding the Indemnification agreement? I'd rather get a game (after all these years) than just get my deposit back (especially since I'm getting extra value), but until I have a game in hand, I'll always be nervous about this situation.

Does anything in the Indemnification agreement nullify or reduce their obligation as laid out in the Goodwill agreement? I figured the other thread was too toxic to ask this question (they'd all just call me an idiot for not requesting a check), but at the same time, I don't want an rose-colored-glasses-club-thread response either. I'm really hoping for some objective info on whether there are any risks introduced by the new agreement.

#297 3 years ago

I'm not a lawyer but I think it's essentially the Nullification Agreement. Buyer beware. Again. Worse this time as you wouldn't be able to sue post-loss. It's possible that the agreement is illegal (as companies can't nullify consumer rights), but clarifying this would add to your legal costs.

Personally, I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole, at least until machines are ready to ship.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm one of the Zidware people, and I'm getting ready to place my order for RAZA. Can Iceman or any of the other people that are following through from the Zidware Goodwill agreement chime in regarding the Indemnification agreement? I'd rather get a game (after all these years) than just get my deposit back (especially since I'm getting extra value), but until I have a game in hand, I'll always be nervous about this situation.
Does anything in the Indemnification agreement nullify or reduce their obligation as laid out in the Goodwill agreement? I figured the other thread was too toxic to ask this question (they'd all just call me an idiot for not requesting a check), but at the same time, I don't want an rose-colored-glasses-club-thread response either. I'm really hoping for some objective info on whether there are any risks introduced by the new agreement.

@Cheeks, I'm fairly certain that it was in one of the recent emails deeproot sent to us that it was stated that upon using your store credit, the Goodwill Agreement is considered satisfied. I believe this may answer some aspect of what you were wondering about.

The other thing to note is that the store credit expires in one year's time so you need to put it towards RAZA, a sure thing, or the next one coming up which we think will be Food Truck, but the timeframe for orders to open up for that (Food Truck) has not been determined so, IMHO, it's a little more risky to wait.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Cheeks, I'm fairly certain that it was in one of the recent emails deeproot sent to us that it was stated that upon using your store credit, the Goodwill Agreement is considered satisfied. I believe this may answer some aspect of what you were wondering about.
The other thing to note is that the store credit expires in one year's time so you need to put it towards RAZA, a sure thing, or the next one coming up which we think will be Food Truck, but the timeframe for orders to open up for that (Food Truck) has not been determined so, IMHO, it's a little more risky to wait.

Yeah, it's RAZA or a refund check. And due to the order window, I need to make that decision without seeing if other people are getting games.

Goodwill satisfied upon expenditure of credit vs delivery of the game that credit "purchased" seems like a really shady distinction. UGH!

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah, it's RAZA or a refund check. And due to the order window, I need to make that decision without seeing if other people are getting games.
Goodwill satisfied upon expenditure of credit vs delivery of the game that credit "purchased" seems like a really shady distinction. UGH!

If you are having a tough time making a decision, sounds like time for you to now out of the future club? And take your refund check.

Is the refund check dollar for dollar as to what they would give you if you were placing a down payment?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.