56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 66.
#2701 5 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image]

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I sense a “why do you guys want RM in jail?! How is that gonna help us get out games!” Post a brewin’.
I remember that was the Predator “owner” sentiment for a while.

Who wouldn't want him prosecuted? I just wonder how long and drawn put this process will take. The investigation seems like it went on over the course of several years though, so maybe sooner rather than later?

Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image]

That's horrible.

I can't fathom doing all of the things he did, and actually find enjoyment in the process.

I'm curious where the majority of the fund were tied up. His personal expenditures are a smaller fraction of the whole scam.

#2702 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Who wouldn't want him prosecuted? I just wonder how long and drawn put this process will take. The investigation seems like it went on over the course of several years though, so maybe sooner rather than later?

That's horrible.
I can't fathom doing all of the things he did, and actually find enjoyment in the process.
I'm curious where the majority of the fund were tied up. His personal expenditures are a smaller fraction of the whole scam.

It evaporated building a company that built nothing. Rent, salaries, benefits, R&D on games that won’t be built, animations that won’t be used, etc

#2703 5 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It evaporated building a company that built nothing. Rent, salaries, benefits, R&D on games that won’t be built, animations that won’t be used, etc

Yeah, I imagine that's a bulk of the loss. I wonder exactly what percentages went where, and if that will eventually be disclosed way down the road.

You'd have to wonder if money was also shifted elsewhere.

#2704 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, I imagine that's a bulk of the loss. I wonder exactly what percentages went where, and if that will eventually be disclosed way down the road.
You'd have to wonder if money was also shifted elsewhere.

It WAS, although not necessarily in the way you meant. RM “pierced the corporate veil” by spending it like it was his money, and that is a big no-no, and probably the EASIEST thing not to do when dealing with others’ money.

#2705 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You forgot:[quoted image]

Fixed! Excellent observation.

#2706 5 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It WAS, although not necessarily in the way you meant. RM “pierced the corporate veil” by spending it like it was his money, and that is a big no-no, and probably the EASIEST thing not to do when dealing with others’ money.

Yeah, I was just catching up via this article.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/08/21/game-over-for-deeproot-pinball/

This is literally the worst case scenario of this situation, in any and every imaginable way.

#2707 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, I was just catching up via this article.
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/08/21/game-over-for-deeproot-pinball/
This is literally the worst case scenario of this situation, in any and every imaginable way.

Absolutely, what a train wreck

#2708 5 months ago

Do you think there’s an alternate reality where Robert ends up in a special state correctional facility where instead of inmates making number plates they make pinball machines and all 122 RAZA owners are made good?

#2709 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Call it “tough love”. We presented so many facts & tried to warn those of you who refused to see it…but many of you became enraged at people like us & turned into a cult - defending RM & Jpop at every turn. Some of you even placed blame on Ben for this debacle. What’s he supposed to do, pat you on the head and say “Oh no, you never saw this coming, poor lad”.

Or call it being an egomaniacal douche.

#2710 5 months ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

You say Potato, I say Potaaato....

#2711 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You say Potato, I say Potaaato....

I hope you did this, while typing that....and eating a potaaaaaato.

image-1 (resized).jpg
#2712 5 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

do we know for certain that the $58M came from a few hundred senior citizens? I feel like the investor's list is still privileged information, and that maybe one person just said "Seniors were fleeced!!", both in an effort to sensationalize, and out of assumption due to Bernie's crimes. If we don't know, maybe we should stop saying that as if it's fact.
**Don't get me wrong, somebody was ripped off. But I just think we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.
edit: i've since been informed that the complaint in fact ID's the investor's as mostly retirees.

Whilst they may have been senior citizens (probably attracted by the consistent yields being offered by the life insurance investments, so it appealed to that demographic), I thought I read Ice say a number of times that the funds were only being offered to Accredited Investors. That means they needed to have a certain level of income or net wealth to qualify.

That said, even Accredited Investors don’t deserve the shit sandwich that was left for them by that muppet Mueller.

#2713 5 months ago

Guessing he will meet his fourth wife in prison while he's trying to figure out where he went wrong!

#2714 5 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Guessing he will meet his fourth wife in prison while he's trying to figure out where he went wrong!

I don’t think that kind of shit happens where he’s going. He may want to brush up on his tennis game though.

#2715 5 months ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

No, that’s RM & JP. It’s time to stop projecting. The true villains have been unmasked without any shadow of a doubt.

#2716 5 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Let me be the one to change the tone from “We told you so” Vs. “How dare you wish us ill!”, to one of positivity and optimism.. Because there’s a possibility, albeit a slim one, that all the folks who refused to give up hope, despite the obvious warning signs, will be compensated via a choice of either the Prime Rib, or the Chilean Sea Bass, while being invited to attend Roberts 4th wedding. Probably around 2038 (approximately the year after he’s released, depending on his defense team’s strategy and leniency of the presiding judge). So, there’s still a chance!

I’ll go. Bobbi in his beautiful gown, and his husband to be Bubba from cell 17. Magical.
And no, Bobbi may not qualify for a White Glove Prison due to wrecking retirees pensions. That’s a personal type of stealing, not indirect like big corps. Besides, Bobbi will respresent himself cuz no other defense lawyer will tolerate his trying to insult their defense and threatening to sue his own council.

#2717 5 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Besides, Bobbi will respresent himself cuz no other defense lawyer will tolerate his trying to insult their defense and threatening to sue his own council.

he could hire counselor Blueberry as a hostile defense lawyer, maybe?

#2718 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, that’s RM & JP. It’s time to stop projecting. The true villains have been unmasked without any shadow of a doubt.

My comment has nothing to do with RM nor JP. No one is arguing against the fact that they suck. Stop being so insecure and swinging from Ben's nuts. I'm just stating facts.

#2719 5 months ago

I don't get how people think they will get away with this level of embezzlement. Bleeding a company dry when there is basically no hope of creating a real product. Then taking deposits for the nearly non-existent machine. How do you think that you will get away with it without ending up in jail? I get why some people were scammed, the sheer arrogance of such a corrupt scandal seems hard to believe.

#2720 5 months ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

My comment has nothing to do with RM nor JP. No one is arguing against the fact that they suck. Stop being so insecure and swinging from Ben's nuts. I'm just stating facts.

More projection. Healing will take time.

#2721 4 months ago

Yelobird has been awfully quiet.

#2722 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

prison (resized).jpg
#2723 4 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I don't get how people think they will get away with this level of embezzlement. Bleeding a company dry when there is basically no hope of creating a real product. Then taking deposits for the nearly non-existent machine. How do you think that you will get away with it without ending up in jail? I get why some people were scammed, the sheer arrogance of such a corrupt scandal seems hard to believe.

Greed, entitlement, narcissism, lack of compassion/empathy for others, anti-social behavior...a whole bundle of wonderful things like that, probably.

invincible-alan-cumming.gif
#2724 4 months ago

Maybe Ben is a tad salty about how all the cheerleaders told him to fuck off and die because he “didn’t have skin in the game” and the rest of that elitist bullshit.

He’s not coming in here and taking the piss from innocent suckers, most of you were actively shit talking him and the other skeptics. So, take your lumps like grown ups.

#2725 4 months ago

reading some past posts in this thread are like WTF

one smart dude

Quoted from hank527:

Not buying it. Preorders are a huge risk with unproven companies. Buyer beware.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don’t understand that history repeats itself & bad people don’t change when not reprimanded for their bad behavior. You may see my posts as an attack, but the reality is I’m trying to protect each and every one of you. Not sure why Jpop still has the ability to have a strong cultist grip on pinball buyers...but here we are. If telling the truth saves one pinballer from future pain, then my posts do nothing but good.

Quoted from Rarehero:

If you’re going to buy from this company, you’ll need thicker skin. Downvote = disagree. I disagree that you’ll be visiting any kind of “factory”. I didn’t really want to post again, but if you’re going to make personal attacks & I have to explain things so you’re not sad, here we go. Hope that clears things up.

#2726 4 months ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

I hope that's because some of the most vocal cheerleaders have finally come to the realization that deeproot is done, and not because they've created an echo chamber somewhere where they can continue to convince each other that their RAZAs are forthcoming. One of the unfortunate things about the internet is how easy it makes it to deny reality by creating your own private "reality."

#2727 4 months ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

And wrb1977 .. I’m guessing they just don’t want to get into it with everyone that spilled over here.

#2728 4 months ago

I even had people privately attack me back during the order window for pointing out that the order numbers were jumping by 3. Not like it was a big deal either way, businesses can do order numbers any way they want, I was just observing that maybe, just maybe, there were fewer orders than people thought. Based on some of the responses I got, you would’ve thought I insulted everyone’s mother. I was shocked at the cultism.

#2729 4 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:I don't get how people think they will get away with this level of embezzlement. Bleeding a company dry when there is basically no hope of creating a real product. Then taking deposits for the nearly non-existent machine. How do you think that you will get away with it without ending up in jail? I get why some people were scammed, the sheer arrogance of such a corrupt scandal seems hard to believe.

Right now everything is apparently civil charges...they will get a slap on the wrist and have to pay money back..but can just go bankrupt. We will need to wait to see if it escalates to criminal charges. Our laws are indeed f'd when it comes to ppl taking advantage of others.

#2730 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Right now everything is apparently civil charges...they will get a slap on the wrist and have to pay money back..but can just go bankrupt. We will need to wait to see if it escalates to criminal charges. Our laws are indeed f'd when it comes to ppl taking advantage of others.

Serious question: Is that the usual outcome when the SEC takes the steps that it has here? I literally have no idea.

I guess I'd be surprised if they'd go to all of this trouble for just a slap on the wrist. It's not like they publish hundreds of litigation announcements a day. Robert's was last Friday and it's still the most recent:

https://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases.htm

#2731 4 months ago
Quoted from Slash:

Whilst they may have been senior citizens (probably attracted by the consistent yields being offered by the life insurance investments, so it appealed to that demographic), I thought I read Ice say a number of times that the funds were only being offered to Accredited Investors. That means they needed to have a certain level of income or net wealth to qualify.

I think he was talking about the funds only being available to buy through investment advisers… not just open market.

#2732 4 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Maybe Ben is a tad salty about how all the cheerleaders told him to fuck off and die because he “didn’t have skin in the game” and the rest of that elitist bullshit.
He’s not coming in here and taking the piss from innocent suckers, most of you were actively shit talking him and the other skeptics. So, take your lumps like grown ups.

Quoted from benheck:

I also enjoy seeing people who bought into Deeproot's bullshit LOSING THEIR MONEY.

I haven't said a word to Ben up until now and I've only done so because he's taken his childish, gaslighting behavior to a new level. Being excited that good people have lost money to a crook so you can feel better about yourself is just sad.

Past that, being a troll with an inflated ego and retaliating because people have said mean things to you on a pinball forum are not mutually exclusive.

#2733 4 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think he was talking about the funds only being available to buy through investment advisers… not just open market.

An Accredited Investor is someone with an individual with gross income exceeding $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with a spouse or partner exceeding $300,000
OR
a person whose individual net worth, or joint net worth with that person's spouse or partner, exceeds $1,000,000.

This allows you to invest in securities that are not registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

#2734 4 months ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I haven't said a word to Ben up until now and I've only done so because he's taken his childish, gaslighting behavior to a new level. Being excited that good people have lost money to a crook so you can feel better about yourself is just sad.
Past that, being a troll with an inflated ego and retaliating because people have said mean things to you on a pinball forum are not mutually exclusive.

What happened to you by Deeproot is gaslighting, actually maybe more accurately, you may have gaslighted yourself.

#2735 4 months ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

What happened to you by Deeproot is gaslighting, actually more accurately, you gaslighted yourself.

Oh the irony.

And nothing "happened to me" per se. I knew this was a potential, and likely, outcome. So in the sense of you basically saying, "you played yourself!" you are correct but I was aware of that going in as anyone who takes a gamble should. I do feel bad for anyone that didn't understand that from the start though.

#2736 4 months ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Oh the irony.
And nothing "happened to me." I knew this was a potential, and likely, outcome. So in the sense of you basically saying, "you played yourself!" you are correct but I was aware of that going in as anyone who takes a gamble should. I do feel bad for anyone that didn't understand that from the start though.

I respect that. People go to Vegas and do way more crazy things with their money. This whole thing is just sad, and had taken an even worse turn that I don't think even the skeptics saw coming.

#2737 4 months ago

So where can I preorder?

#2738 4 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

So where can I preorder?

Right here....www.throwyourmoneydownthedrain.com/deeproot

Order now and get a free balloon.

#2739 4 months ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Right here....www.throwyourmoneydownthedrain.com/deeproot
Order now and get a free balloon.

Pending UL cert of course.

#2742 4 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

So where can I preorder?

Ordering is currently closed while deeproot relocates its base of operations to scenic Butner, North Carolina (Federal Correctional Institution, cell number TBA). When the ordering window reopens, payment will only be accepted in cigarettes.

#2743 4 months ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Ordering is currently closed while deeproot relocates its base of operations to scenic Butner, North Carolina (Federal Correctional Institution, cell number TBA). When the ordering window reopens, payment will only be accepted in cigarettes.

I think it's stamps now days and not cigarettes

#2744 4 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I think it's stamps now days and not cigarettes

Stamps are out, it’s individual coffee creamers now.

#2745 4 months ago

LOL to anyone that pre-ordered….too funny

#2746 4 months ago

Yeah the OP should change the first post from “I get that there are a lot of opinions regarding Deeproot and/or the people that are purchasing RAZA however I kindly ask that you take those opinions to a different thread.” TO “Fuck it, go ahead and light this thread up”

#2747 4 months ago

Sorry, I couldn't resist....

Screenshot_20210824-203602_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

#2748 4 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah the OP should change the first post from “I get that there are a lot of opinions regarding Deeproot and/or the people that are purchasing RAZA however I kindly ask that you take those opinions to a different thread.” TO “Fuck it, go ahead and light this thread up”

Yeah; I should probably change the thread title at this point though I kind of want to leave it for posterity. Maybe I should at least update the first post with information regarding the current state of affairs.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sorry, I couldn't resist....
[quoted image]

LMAO! Well played, sir.

#2750 4 months ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:I respect that. People go to Vegas and do way more crazy things with their money. This whole thing is just sad, and had taken an even worse turn that I don't think even the skeptics saw coming.

The odds are much better on literally anything in Vegas, and the returns are probably greater. This was pure madeness to "gamble" on. The whole rolling the dice thing is such a sad cope.

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 66.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside