56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 66.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Robert just setup the website to deal with the credits for the Zidware claimants like me

Can anyone please point me where the link for this is?

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Umm...so far we have 5, 7, 25, and 136 in this thread alone. Kind of a strange question...any particular reason you ask?

Not really. I'm just a numbers dork, and it happened to catch my eye that an unusually high percentage of the (right digits of) order numbers are divisible by 3... by a quick skim of this thread, ~76% of them, whereas statistically it should only be ~33%. This could be a statistical anomaly (considering the small sample size), or it could mean that the order numbers don't steadily increase by 1... which would only matter for people who see order number 100XXX and believe that means XXX games have been ordered. Of course Deeproot doesn't owe anyone an explanation of what their order numbers mean, if they mean anything at all.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not really. I'm just a numbers dork, and it happened to catch my eye that an unusually high percentage of the (right digits of) order numbers are divisible by 3... by a quick skim of this thread, ~76% of them, whereas statistically it should only be ~33%. This could be a statistical anomaly (considering the small sample size), or it could mean that the order numbers don't steadily increase by 1... which would only matter for people who see order number 100XXX and believe that means XXX games have been ordered. Of course Deeproot doesn't owe anyone an explanation of what their order numbers mean, if they mean anything at all.

Some people reported even numbers like 180.

So many appear odd numbers...

#154 3 years ago

I'm in an an arcade version #100183. Machine looks awesome.

#155 3 years ago

As this is mostly a speculation thread I’m curious what the Xtra version topper will do since it’s noted as mechanical vs the one they showed. Also, as the production date for the Xtra topper is well past the proposed build date I wonder I’d those will just arrive later?

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As this is mostly a speculation thread I’m curious what the Xtra version topper will do since it’s noted as mechanical vs the one they showed. Also, as the production date for the Xtra topper is well past the proposed build date I wonder I’d those will just arrive later?

Not uncommon for Stern...Star Wars it was years for a wildly over priced R2D2

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Can anyone please point me where the link for this is?

There isn't any special link. I think what ShinyNick meant was that folks with a goodwill agreement just recently received an email informing them that the deeproot website was now loaded up with store credit for you/them. Of course, you had to have created an account for yourself previously in order for them to have been able to apply the credits they had for you. They mentioned setting that up in a prior email.

At any rate, as I mentioned in an earlier post, if you log onto your account and then add a RAZA to your cart, the screen that shows you what's in your cart will also report the balance of store credit you have at the top of that page, so you know how much you've got to spend towards the machine.

Good luck and happy holidays all. Peace everybody.

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Not uncommon for Stern...Star Wars it was years for a wildly over priced R2D2

Understood but the Stern topper was a for sale add on. The Xtra topper is included. Just hoping that’s just a later shipped item.

#159 3 years ago

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Some people reported even numbers like 180.
So many appear odd numbers...

Las time I checked 180 is divisible by 3.

QSS

#161 3 years ago

....again.....divisible by 3.

QSS

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Las time I checked 180 is divisible by 3.
QSS

My point was there was no pattern and appeared as real order numbers. Not that it was divisible by three.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I too am a numbers dork and I appreciate other math dorks out there. Math is logical and the only true rationale in the whole feakin universe . So when somebody starts discussing math and is completely coherent, it would be wise if ya'all took a minute to pay attention.

I thought I would chuck "ya'all" in there just to mix it up a bit.

QSS

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

My point was there was no pattern and appeared as real order numbers. Not that it was divisible by three.

Ok, fair enough but I think Ferret has a legitimate point. His observation is based on logic, not on emotion.

QSS

#165 3 years ago

In many business invoices or any sequential document some numbers of the total are sequential with a check digit variable to not give the direct appearance of a sequential pattern so people can’t easily decipher the pattern.

I am saying it does not seem unreasonable to have close to a couple hundred RAZA orders already.

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm in an an arcade version #100183. Machine looks awesome.

Yes it does!!! Thanks for sharing!

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Good luck and happy holidays all. Peace everybody.

Same to you!

#168 3 years ago

I guess I too am a numbers dork as I currently have 2 favorite numbers...

1 - how many RAZAs I ordered
100087 - my RAZA order number

After reading the TWIP deep dive numerous times, the code also looks to be fantastic and really fun as it is! Like deeproot said, all of their pins will ship with the final intended code. Any DLC developed after that will be optional and could be purchased individually, if so desired, outside of any subscriptions they may offer. Damn I’m excited!

#169 3 years ago

Game looks good, but I haven't seen a game ship with final code in over 20 years, so this will be no different. Hopefully bug fixes are included in the standard purchase. Glad you're excited and hope it's great for you. Nothing like opening the box on a new game.

Quoted from wrb1977:

After reading the TWIP deep dive numerous times, the code also looks to be fantastic and really fun as it is! Like deeproot said, all of their pins will ship with the final intended code. Any DLC developed after that will be optional and could be purchased individually, if so desired, outside of any subscriptions they may offer. Damn I’m excited!

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Game looks good, but I haven't seen a game ship with final code in over 20 years, so this will be no different. Hopefully bug fixes are included in the standard purchase. Glad you're excited and hope it's great for you. Nothing like opening the box on a new game.

Thanks! Yes...all bug fixes will be free and included in the standard purchase.

By the way, good luck with Legends of Valhalla! Looks absolutely fantastic...if one of your goals is for it to go into production I’m pulling for you!

#171 3 years ago

Quick follow up to my previous post...

If anyone hasn’t seen what Riot Pinball created with Legends of Valhalla (LOV), do yourself a favor and check it out! Like deeproot, I feel Riot is trying to push pinball forward whether it’s through innovation or through shot and layout variety. They are not doing the same thing we’ve seen over and over with just a different license applied to it. There are exceptions of course, but so many recent pins seem based on a proven formula and lack creativity.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Thanks! Yes...all bug fixes will be free and included in the standard purchase.
By the way, good luck with Legends of Valhalla! Looks absolutely fantastic...if one of your goals is for it to go into production I’m pulling for you!

I'd love for this go into production. Put me down for the #001!

I like it even more that I can save on shipping and drive up the street and grab it

#173 3 years ago

....again.....divisible by 3.
QSS

My 144... omg, it's divisible by 3!

blown.gifblown.gif

#174 3 years ago

I too am a numbers dork and I appreciate other math dorks out there. Math is logical and the only true rationale in the whole feakin universe . So when somebody starts discussing math and is completely coherent, it would be wise if ya'all took a minute to pay attention.
I thought I would chuck "ya'all" in there just to mix it up a bit.
QSS

What kind of weird flex is this?

#175 3 years ago

Well, I couldn't decide if I liked the look of Arcade edition more than my already ordered Xtra edition so I bought another one. Don't tell my wife!

My numbers are:

Xtra: #100045
Arcade: #100206

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Well, I couldn't decide if I liked the look of Arcade edition more than my already ordered Xtra edition so I bought another one. Don't tell my wife!
My numbers are:
Xtra: #100045
Arcade: #100206

(You and your very understanding and supportive wife playing them at the same time...his & hers!)

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It looks like a very, very solid throwback styled game, with excellent modern amenities that blend, while creating greater function!

I maybe wish there was one more flipper, but honestly I don't think it would function well, given the layout.

Definitely excited, and teeter tottering on securing a spot/making room in my house/paying bills and such.

Oh so close though....

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It looks like a very, very solid throwback styled game, with excellent modern amenities that blend, while creating greater function!
I maybe wish there was one more flipper, but honestly I don't think it would function well, given the layout.
Definitely excited, and teeter tottering on securing a spot/making room in my house/paying bills and such.
Oh so close though....

Bills are overrated and not as fun as pinball! Who needs a dining room anyway.

#179 3 years ago

My order number is not divisible by 3, boo.
I can't be in the div by 3 club!!

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh so close though....

I agree 100% with your thoughts regarding RAZA. In addition, my other big takeaway at this point is that it just looks fun to play. Good luck with whatever decision you make! The 10% deposit available on an Arcade Edition is definitely a nice option for those either tight on money due to the holidays or just looking to minimize financial risk or both!

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

My order number is not divisible by 3, boo.
I can't be in the div by 3 club!!

The resale value on your RAZA won’t be anywhere near as high as the ones divisible by 3. Sorry about your bad luck. I’d order another one if I were you and hopefully that one will be divisible by 3!

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The resale value on your RAZA won’t be anywhere near as high as the ones divisible by 3. Sorry about your bad luck. I’d order another one if I were you and hopefully that one will be divisible by 3!

Haha...

#183 3 years ago

Can anybody talk about the extras they added to their Arcade Editions? I'm trying to keep this thing on a budget and not blow up the price to a crazy amount. This is how I'm thinking of kitting mine out. What did everyone else do for theirs?

Trim & Legs: Stainless
Coin Door: Black
PinBar Screen Protector: none
Rings: Standard
Shaker Motor: None
Toys: Upgraded Toy Package (+$125)
GI Lighting: Installed (+120)
Glass: Standard
Topper: Standard Topper (+$300)
Standard PinKit Care Package: None
Support Package: Standard
Warranty Package: Standard
Shipping Container: Normal Box

Subtotal came to $6440. I'm questioning whether I really need the GI Lighting / Pinstadiums, as I generally play in a well-lit room, but the cost for them isn't too much really compared to actual pinstadiums. I opted not to get the neon rubbers, as I could always add them in later myself if I really felt like it. I also didn't add a shaker, as I don't care for them a whole lot to be worth the extra $100 to me.

I'm still debating whether to pull the trigger or not, as I'm also tempted to go in on an Alien instead, or try to wait for CGC's next game or for CGC to run some more MM SE's. And I'm also instead thinking about holding out for a nice used Wonka LE or a maybe even a Ghostbusters. Too many options on the table right now. It's a good time for Pinball I think!

#184 3 years ago

I also am thinking on going in on a barebone arcade edition.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm questioning whether I really need the GI Lighting / Pinstadiums

I say it is not needed. Robert talked in the video that the game does have regular GI lighting on the playfield.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm also tempted to go in on an Alien instead

This very well can be a 6 month+ wait if you already have not gotten in on the 2nd round of games with Cointaker.

#185 3 years ago

Does anyone know how easy or hard it will be to change the glass on Raza? I've all ready got Invisiglass, so it seemed redundant to order RAZA with it, since i could just use my own, but now I'm wondering if it might be difficult to swap the glass?

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Bills are overrated and not as fun as pinball! Who needs a dining room anyway.

My pins are actually IN my dining/living room to begin with, haha! And being a single dude, I don't even have a dining room table. Would get in the way of more pins, games and films!

Quoted from wrb1977:

I agree 100% with your thoughts regarding RAZA. In addition, my other big takeaway at this point is that it just looks fun to play. Good luck with whatever decision you make! The 10% deposit available on an Arcade Edition is definitely a nice option for those either tight on money due to the holidays or just looking to minimize financial risk or both!

Thanks for the kind words! Maybe you and I might be the 2 Pittsburghers with this game in our collections!

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Can anybody talk about the extras they added to their Arcade Editions? I'm trying to keep this thing on a budget and not blow up the price to a crazy amount. This is how I'm thinking of kitting mine out. What did everyone else do for theirs?
GI Lighting: Installed
Subtotal came to $6440. I'm questioning whether I really need the GI Lighting / Pinstadiums, as I generally play in a well-lit room, but the cost for them isn't too much really compared to actual pinstadiums. I opted not to get the neon rubbers, as I could always add them in later myself if I really felt like it. I also didn't add a shaker, as I don't care for them a whole lot to be worth the extra $100 to me.
I'm still debating whether to pull the trigger or not, as I'm also tempted to go in on an Alien instead, or try to wait for CGC's next game or for CGC to run some more MM SE's. And I'm also instead thinking about holding out for a nice used Wonka LE or a maybe even a Ghostbusters. Too many options on the table right now. It's a good time for Pinball I think!

I kinda feel like the purple trim and legs might be worth it, despite the cylon box still being stainless.

Sidenote, I was listening to the TWIP podcast, and Robert gave an answer that sounded confusing regarding preorders for RAZA and distros. Everything I've heard states RAZA is direct via them, but he stated something that sounded confusing to that idea.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Does anyone know how easy or hard it will be to change the glass on Raza? I've all ready got Invisiglass, so it seemed redundant to order RAZA with it, since i could just use my own, but now I'm wondering if it might be difficult to swap the glass?

I asked about this, glass slides out after removing a couple bolts however it is not standard size because of the frame so you can't use your existing glass

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I asked about this, glass slides out after removing a couple bolts however it is not standard size because of the frame so you can't use your existing glass

Thanks for answering a qsn I had too.

I decided to bet on the possibility that the extra 'GI' (pinstadium-style) LEDs under the glass might be enough to offset most of the glare you'd normally purchase anti-reflective/non-glare glass to compensate for. Hope my theory pans out.

To be fair, I really was on a fence because $250 for a sheet of non-glare glass is a pretty good deal. Could have gone either way.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'll be updating the FAQ soon with more answered questions from Deeproot but I'll post their answers regarding the glass here:

Q: Is the playfield glass the same size as a standard body b/w pinball machine?

A: No our glass size is not standard due to the frame. Replacement costs would be minimal for regular glass and industry standard for A/R; with shipping being the big cost.

Q: In the event the playfield glass were to become scratched and/or break, is it easily replaceable?

A: You would need to remove several bolts and screws, but yes it does slide in and out.

#190 3 years ago

The FAQ has been updated. It has also been moved to the first post as I was only able to add to the original post and I want to maintain the existing FAQs.

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

GI Lighting: Installed (+120)

In my opinion, even ordering a bare-bones Ae as I did is still going to be fantastic. Without any additional options RAZA is still packed with mechs and the gameplay will be exactly the same. Good luck with whatever final decisions you make!

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I also am thinking on going in on a barebone arcade edition.

That was the direction I went...let us know what you ultimately decide...good luck!

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

My pins are actually IN my dining/living room to begin with, haha! And being a single dude, I don't even have a dining room table. Would get in the way of more pins, games and films!

Thanks for the kind words! Maybe you and I might be the 2 Pittsburghers with this game in our collections!

I kinda feel like the purple trim and legs might be worth it, despite the cylon box still being stainless.
Sidenote, I was listening to the TWIP podcast, and Robert gave an answer that sounded confusing regarding preorders for RAZA and distros. Everything I've heard states RAZA is direct via them, but he stated something that sounded confusing to that idea.

We may end up having the only 2 in Pittsburgh, but I honestly don’t think that will be the case. I’m hoping deeproot gets a lot more orders for RAZA before the deadline. I may be wrong, but I think this will happen.

Regarding distributors, if I remember correctly they will get a “finders fee” for RAZA. Future titles will have traditional distributors in addition to direct sales, I think? Lol

Let us know what you end up ordering and best of luck!

#194 3 years ago

Just a friendly reminder for those considering ordering RAZA...

INCLUDING TODAY, ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT TO ORDER!!!

#195 3 years ago

I wonder if they are starting production today? We are exited since we have an Xtra ordered at 100153. This is just the invoice number.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

I wonder if they are starting production today? We are exited since we have an Xtra ordered at 100153. This is just the invoice number.

I really hope they will improve their communication. I wish I was in the states.. I would have ordered I think. Too expensive for Europe.

#197 3 years ago

What is the difference between phase shipping? How many machines are in each phase? Does anyone know?

#198 3 years ago

Another question, does anyone know the dimensions of RAZA? Specifically, how wide is the backbox? I've got some narrow doorways, and a lot of times I end up having to unhinge backboxes to bring them in/out. New Sterns are narrow enough that I'm fine, but I wasn't sure if anyone knew how wide RAZA's are?

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Another question, does anyone know the dimensions of RAZA? Specifically, how wide is the backbox?

Email Deeproot. They should know. Haha

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Another question, does anyone know the dimensions of RAZA? Specifically, how wide is the backbox? I've got some narrow doorways, and a lot of times I end up having to unhinge backboxes to bring them in/out. New Sterns are narrow enough that I'm fine, but I wasn't sure if anyone knew how wide RAZA's are?

It is the same as a B/W in size as noted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club/page/4?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.