56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 66.
#2351 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Post #8 PDX monkey was already like WTF. Ice, said no problem, over blown hah. A Combined 45,000 posts later. Not 1 positive aspect. I really thank you, this is going to start a whole new discussion.[quoted image]

Yep, no shortage of comments that haven't/won't age well around here.

#2352 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

The fact that it was called out as BS, on post #8, of a thread that has 24,000 responses, that predates the dr disaster with 21,000 is just mind blowing that people went in on this AFTER American Pinball dumped him asap. What a bullet they dodged. Just nuts really.

I wonder how many current RAZA pre orders had no idea .

I'll post again for clarity.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The fact that it was called out as BS, on post #8, of a thread that has 24,000 responses, that predates the dr disaster with 21,000 is just mind blowing that people went in on this AFTER American Pinball dumped him asap. What a bullet they dodged. Just nuts really.
I wonder how many current RAZA pre orders had no idea .
I'll post again for clarity.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6

Yikes, I guess I should’ve ordered only 100 of these. Missed that forum, dang. I was rejected as a distributor too. Maybe I can start building these in my garage.

#2354 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yikes, I guess I should’ve ordered only 100 of these. Missed that forum, dang. I was rejected as a distributor too. Maybe I can start building these in my garage.

Contact RM, he could use your services! Hell, build 1 and you are 100% ahead!

#2355 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Contact RM, he could use your services! Hell, build 1 and you are 100% ahead!

Build 10 and I am way ahead.

Build 100 and I can retire.

Sign me up.

#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Build 10 and I am way ahead.
Build 100 and I can retire.
Sign me up.

Line starts here! Lots a $$$ ready to throw down! Get in, before you can't!

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You too, hopefully today brought you the BEST news you have heard in awhile!

Actually Was thanks! My son was promoted to Senior Chief in the Navy. Youngest guy to achieve that rank to date. Hell of a great day thanks so much for asking! Life is good.

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Actually Was thanks! My son was promoted to Senior Chief in the Navy. Youngest guy to achieve that rank to date. Hell of a great day thanks so much for asking! Life is good.

That is a great accomplishment! Congrats to him and yourself, that's a hella great job.

#2359 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That is a great accomplishment! Congrats to him and yourself, that's a hella great job.

Appreciated. Very proud of my son and all he has accomplished. Still out on a 7 month tour somewhere near Guam? Hard to see him away from his kids but he's helping keep our land free so I support his commitment. Plus I got to see a rail gun shoot a floating bouncy house so tax dollars well spent!! lol

#2360 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Appreciated. Very proud of my son and all he has accomplished. Still out on a 7 month tour somewhere near Guam? Hard to see him away from his kids but he's helping keep our land free so I support his commitment. Plus I got to see a rail gun shoot a floating bouncy house so tax dollars well spent!! lol

Congrats on your son Yelo and his commitment to the country

#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

It was a magical time to be a Zidware customer 10 years ago. I'd even call jpop once in a while, and couldn't believe I was talking to Willy Wonka himself. And then I'd be surprised how long he'd want to stay on the phone for... like, doesn't he have work to do?

I can't remember when the shine came off. It was before Expo 2014, that simply made it real for everyone.

#2362 2 years ago

Any word when RAZAs will be released? I thought it was supposed to be earlier this year?

#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Any word when RAZAs will be released? I thought it was supposed to be earlier this year?

You know that sign you see in dive bars that says "free beer tomorrow"?

You will get RAZA right after that beer.

#2364 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is there something in the water?

I hope not. Because we are drinking the same water.

#2365 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

From what I've read, the following have been submitted às reasons to believe RAZA will still be made:
Hope
Secret insider emails
I already spent the money, so why not believe
Just give it time, pinball is easy
I, for one, am convinced.

#2366 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They fracked the hell out of NYC's watershed, so it's likely benzine...

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Most likely - it's troll water.

#2368 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Dodged a bullet? Did you see John's fake Houdini at Expo 2016? The one he used to trick AP into starting a company? It wasn't a real game. They didn't know that until they hired Joe. Joe tried to work with John, of course impossible, so fired him and redid the game. MG-Houdini, that's a pattern, he should have been done but Robert was waiting in the wings with stars in his eyes.

AP dodged a bullet? More like took one and thankfully had a good doctor nearby.

#2369 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Most likely - it's troll water.

I thought it might be from the moat!

#2370 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It was a magical time to be a Zidware customer 10 years ago. I'd even call jpop once in a while, and couldn't believe I was talking to Willy Wonka himself. And then I'd be surprised how long he'd want to stay on the phone for... like, doesn't he have work to do?

X2 after calling JPOP to check in and spending a long while on the phone I remember being like “well shoot John I better get off of here, I have to get back to work”

#2371 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Did you see John's fake Houdini at Expo 2016? The one he used to trick AP into starting a company? It wasn't a real game.

but... but... but... the artwork!!!

#2372 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

but... but... but... the artwork!!!

Oh I agree Matt Andrew's art was great on the OG Houdini.

But yeah. Just acrylic BS representing toys, shots to nowhere, nonsense word inserts. That's when I lost all respect for John. He spends all this time on stuff like Houdini or KISS and it's not even a real game. More like an impression of one, and if you didn't know better (cough cough the AP owners) you'd think it was real.

#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh I agree Matt Andrew's art was great on the OG Houdini.
But yeah. Just acrylic BS representing toys, shots to nowhere, nonsense word inserts. That's when I lost all respect for John. He spends all this time on stuff like Houdini or KISS and it's not even a real game. More like an impression of one, and if you didn't know better (cough cough the AP owners) you'd think it was real.

The two Houdinis.

FB_IMG_1628962178008 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1628962178008 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1628962184582 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1628962184582 (resized).jpg
#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

and if you didn't know better (cough cough the AP owners) you'd think it was real.

Shocking that they didn't have a clue, and were surprised at the expo response.

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

The two Houdinis.[quoted image][quoted image]

You gotta admit, functionalty-aside, that original Houdini LOOKS amazing aesetically.

#2376 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

The two Houdinis.[quoted image][quoted image]

Saw the og Houdini in person at expo and the art/presentation looked AWESOME. But ya, even my brother who isn't super into pinball was like 'how the hell is this shot going to work' lol.

#2377 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

You gotta admit, functionalty-aside, that original Houdini LOOKS amazing aesetically.

AP should have kept John on as an art director. They surely could have used one. But the scam was probably too great a wound to overcome (plus he's un-manageable)

#2378 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

It does, but the new package (style aside) does a way better job to capture the essence of who Houdini really was (aaand then sprinkled Steampunk stuff on top XD).

#2379 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

AP should have kept John on as an art director. They surely could have used one. But the scam was probably too great a wound to overcome (plus he's un-manageable)

Now you are saying they should have kept him? I'd think you would give them a little respect since they dumped JPOP once they learned if his toxicity and have a similar rep for service after the fact, much like Spooky. Also, a very attractive entry price point. HW is fun, but I also like the theme and cars....

Like Spooky they are growing and have a great rep.

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Now you are saying they should have kept him? I'd think you would give them a little respect since they dumped JPOP once they learned if his toxicity and have a similar rep for service after the fact, much like Spooky. Also, a very attractive entry price point. HW is fun, but I also like the theme and cars....
Like Spooky they are growing and have a great rep.

AP's biggest issues are bad theme choice and shitty artwork. John could have solved both those problems but he poisoned the well with the Houdini scam. (Balcer told me the whole story at TPF 2017 cigar night, was hilarious. I miss hanging out with Joe)

Guess I chalk it up to "missed opportunity" but in the end, was John writing checks his games couldn't cash. He could have helped AP but was just looking for his latest bailout.

#2381 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

AP's biggest issues are bad theme choice and shitty artwork

Anything positive to say about any pinball company other than Spooky?

#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Post #8 PDX monkey was already like WTF. Ice, said no problem, over blown hah. A Combined 45,000 posts later. Not 1 positive aspect. I really thank you, this is going to start a whole new discussion.[quoted image]

Oh, the secret blog! That is the comedy gold right there. That was some good times. Shows you how far we have come when 7 years later these guys are right back to talking about the possibility of getting s00per s33krit info out to all the owners in a private manner that surely won't be leaked, and will definitely prove games are going to be built. Right back to square one, fellas.

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh, the secret blog! That is the comedy gold right there. That was some good times. Shows you how far we have come when 7 years later these guys are right back to talking about the possibility of getting s00per s33krit info out to all the owners in a private manner that surely won't be leaked, and will definitely prove games are going to be built. Right back to square one, fellas.

Are you talking about the Mitchell secret Facebook/litigation blog?

7 yrs later and the litigation still ensues with NADA to show for it. He’s still having secret discussions with the lawyers.

How are you gonna get anything out of judgment proof John? Lol

#2384 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Bennie loves him some Bennie. Just ask him! He’s pre gaming for his big launch coming up.

Hey I’m anxious to see it myself.

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

GNR is awesome. Jurassic Park also really really good. Mando... Meh.

The Stranger Things projector works quite well in person. It's a very cool idea I hope Stern or other explore the concept more. (demogorgan shot sucks though)

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:GNR is awesome. Jurassic Park also really really good. Mando... Meh.
The Stranger Things projector works quite well in person. It's a very cool idea I hope Stern or other explore the concept more. (demogorgan shot sucks though)

I think projection mapping is a whole new area that could be an enhancement to existing playfields or to new games; I’m really looking forward to seeing innovation on that angle

#2387 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:AP's biggest issues are bad theme choice and shitty artwork. John could have solved both those problems but he poisoned the well with the Houdini scam. (Balcer told me the whole story at TPF 2017 cigar night, was hilarious. I miss hanging out with Joe)
Guess I chalk it up to "missed opportunity" but in the end, was John writing checks his games couldn't cash. He could have helped AP but was just looking for his latest bailout.

Goddamn, what I wouldn't give to hear some of these stories.

#2388 2 years ago

I like the original Houdini art more too bad JPOP can’t stick to art and not be the poison he is to anything really being accomplished.

#2389 2 years ago

Standby Raza owners maybe Deep Root does a Phil refund play like Dutch Pinball. Anything is possible in this saga of pinball production is easy.

#2390 2 years ago
874C63B0-7F2C-4061-99B9-4866A7AC38BE (resized).jpeg874C63B0-7F2C-4061-99B9-4866A7AC38BE (resized).jpeg
#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I like the original Houdini art more too bad JPOP can’t stick to art and not be the poison he is to anything really being accomplished.

The problem is he doesn’t do the art either, the art is always commissioned. I mean, credit for finding good artists, I guess?

#2392 2 years ago

I agree he picks interesting art

#2393 2 years ago

How about a short what-if game for > anyone with a deposit or more with deeproot?

* What-if email was sent to Owners and a public notice posted that said ... deeproot has decided to reopen the window for issuing refunds. Beginning in one day and lasting for two days. Any Owner can request a refund of monies they’ve paid and refunds will be issued within one day of asking. deeproot will make an electronic deposit, issue money order, issue company check or whatever is easy.

* And nothing else is provided. No explanation if dr is still in business. no comment on the future of RAZA’s nor why did dr take down communications? You can only either choose to take action and request a refund or you can do nothing and nothing will have changed from where it sits.

** Question - if you have a deposit in, would you take this offer?

(disclaimer - this is only a hypothetical question, no such offer has been made)

#2394 2 years ago

I just read the old JPOP thread, and 7 years ago Iceman said they were going to make 125 RAZA's.

Hmmmm.... and DR officially said they "sold" 123 games 7 years later?

Very odd coincidence.

#2395 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I just read the old JPOP thread, and 7 years ago Iceman said they were going to make 125 RAZA's.
Very odd coincidence.

I read that as Ice just being wrong. Again.

#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How about a short what-if game for > anyone with a deposit or more with deeproot?
* What-if email was sent to Owners and a public notice posted that said ... deeproot has decided to reopen the window for issuing refunds. Beginning in one day and lasting for two days. Any Owner can request a refund of monies they’ve paid and refunds will be issued within one day of asking. deeproot will make an electronic deposit, issue money order, issue company check or whatever is easy.
* And nothing else is provided. No explanation if dr is still in business. no comment on the future of RAZA’s nor why did dr take down communications? You can only either choose to take action and request a refund or you can do nothing and nothing will have changed from where it sits.
** Question - if you have a deposit in, would you take this offer?
(disclaimer - this is only a hypothetical question, no such offer has been made)

Seems like a bated what if to cheer a convert or further slam a buyer. I’ll bite, I’m still in thanks.

#2397 2 years ago

^^ perfect. Keep them coming. The aspect of question that makes it interesting to me is that no new info will be known. It is based on whatever a person knows right now.

And I think it should be offered to anyone involved in litigation too. If you take the money you lose claim to a game and your participation in a lawsuit is null and void. Because you are getting paid.

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Very odd coincidence.

7F81C33B-491A-40D7-90B8-E8C51F0472D6 (resized).jpeg7F81C33B-491A-40D7-90B8-E8C51F0472D6 (resized).jpeg
#2399 2 years ago

I prefer ICEGELLAN! Lol

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Very odd coincidence.

You didn’t really read all 25k posts in that beauty of a thread did you?

There was going to be 99 regular edition RAZAs and the 25 Cointaker specials and out of those Ben and Jpop were going to come to your house to assemble your game for another $1k I think?

One of the dumbest ideas ever and you can’t even fly/hotel/meals for 2 for $1k. Lol

The only “special” Cointaker received thus far has sadly been the BOHICA burrito

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club/page/48?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.