56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 66.
#1751 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

As a Preorder, I completely respect your opinion.
I personally don’t have any hatred for anybody in pinball really. For me, it’s just business.
If I get my machine…..fantastic. If I don’t, we’ll that’s one in the loss column. Win some, you lose some. No big whoop.

You maybe 1 of the most pragmatic people ever. Hate is a strong word. I just don't like those that are not transparent. I don't care how wealthy people are. People laid down cash period. Either shut up and color or get people their money back. I still want my machine that I ordered. If u weren't there then pre orders should not have happened. I'm entitled to bitch

#1752 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

You maybe 1 of the most pragmatic people ever. Hate is a strong word. I just don't like those that are not transparent. I don't care how wealthy people are. People laid down cash period. Either shut up and color or get people their money back. I still want my machine that I ordered. If u weren't there then pre orders should not have happened. I'm entitled to bitch

At the end of the day we are still stake holders. If RM can't be transparent I know I'm not the last 1 who will say good bye I will never order another machine from you.

#1753 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

At the end of the day we are still stake holders. If RM can't be transparent I know I'm not the last 1 who will say good bye I will never order another machine from you.

Answering yourself in both threads. Don’t worry you’ll feel better after the hang over.

#1754 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Duke Nukem Forever was the definition of vaporware (srsly), yet it was still released decades later.
So Deeproot is still not near as close to vaporware yet and even if, there still might be a game at the end of it.
I actually mildly liked Duke Nukem Forever. It has a pinball machine in it as well!

Yeah...I mean...it was only such a letdown that it killed the franchise.

Will RAZA kill deeproot even if they release it? Stay tuned...

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Did you take them up on their refund offer?

#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

lol you said this last time too and not only is it cringe but its also foolish.

I didnt talk to you but to the first-hand receivers of the update. You dont qualify esp. not for this thread.

#1757 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

RAZA cultists were still attacking me & threatening me

you little snowflake...

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

As a Preorder, I completely respect your opinion.
I personally don’t have any hatred for anybody in pinball really. For me, it’s just business.
If I get my machine…..fantastic. If I don’t, we’ll that’s one in the loss column. Win some, you lose some. No big whoop.

Oh no Klank, you can’t think that way. We are stupid idiots for doing a Raza pre order and you MUST beat yourself up and subject yourself for 10 lashes in public for such foolishness! Lol

You don’t get to decide what you can enjoy or not.

#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

you little snowflake...

Oh no, a right-wing cliche insult, ooooh noooooo.

Morphlake.jpgMorphlake.jpg
#1760 2 years ago

What do the RAZA pre-order guys think of a RAZA pre-order guy who hopes that Deeproot fails and goes bankrupt - but only after he gets his own RAZA delivered ? Figuring the fewer Deeproot games that are ever produced the more his rare RAZA will be worth?

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Fair enough...

And yet, last I checked, that other thread isn't full of sympathy and well-wishes. It's full of angst and hostility. Which was the basis of my point. Why? These people HAVE to have more constructive things to do.

This was no doubt caused by the ineptitude, dishonesty, and incompetence of those you mention. But the toxicity is heavily buoyed by the vitriol of the people posting on Pinside.

In general, I agree. I've never felt their misdeeds should be swept under the rug, but after literally thousands of posts, how exactly is all the venom spewing helping anything? I have not bothered to go in the other thread in many months, but what else can there possibly be to say anymore? And this is my point. I'm in the middle of this (I have money on the line) and I have WAY better things to do than rant to a bunch of people online about what isn't happening. How can this possibly be an enjoyable endeavor for anyone, especially those who aren't directly impacted? I'll never get it.
If this really was about people wanting to help out and provide "consequences" for what's gone down, then maybe set up a picket line outside deeproot headquarters, or put up a "JPOP is an asshat and stole my money" billboard down the block from them, or TP Robert's lawn. Anything would have to be more constructive than jerking each other off in an isolated thread on Pinside.

LOL. I don't believe this. What has there been, 2 or 3 virtually non-updates in 7 months? It's not like there's any new information coming out. It's not like we don't all know what probably *isn't* happening at deeproot. And yet that thread is on fire every day for 7 months? For reasons unclear to me, this topic seems to be self-sustaining. Honestly, if deeproot continued to give non-updates once every 3-6 months for the next 4 years, somehow that thread would continue to be on fire. It makes no sense. What can be said, has been said. And frankly, I agree with a lot of the cynicism and disbelief regarding what's gone down. I just posted recently that I don't understand the people on the other side in this thread that feel all rainbows and unicorns about things either. It's the constant and perpetual beating the negativity into the ground that feels so petty.

Hey, we agree on something.

You ask why? This is why:

80F8F455-8D3E-4607-8685-067024218604.gif80F8F455-8D3E-4607-8685-067024218604.gif
#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

the RAZA cultists were still attacking me & threatening me

And this is obviously completely uncalled-for! Internet fights and people puffing their chests from behind keyboards are beyond lame. Sorry you have to put up with shit like this. This is kinda the same "so many people on the internet act like losers" argument I was making before. Different target group with different details, but the same sentiment. WTF people. Threats?!? Give me a break.

Quoted from Makakka:

you little snowflake...

Oh god! I don't have a consistent political leaning, but this is one of a few terms that tell me more than I need to know about a person.

#1763 2 years ago

Beside some calling others snowflake at the drop of a hat, the same comment applies to those calling everyone angry, trolls or fanboys. Sometimes the label applies, but more often it is used as a response in lieu of logic.

#1764 2 years ago

A brief intermission from recent wave of Raza analysts... Our playfield (2) showed up today donated by DR to Project Pinball to support Gilbert Elijah and his family. The Mod Couple is Proud to support the amazing efforts and kindness of the Project Pinball team. Amazing people!!!! Now we have an uncut and prototype Raza on display autographed by the team at DR. Both look spectacular and remarkably all the inserts are well defined and look great. lol

Fun project: The other thread can use this as a "Wheres Waldo" hunt to see which names are new or old from 1 year ago! Have fun!

IMG_7024 (resized).jpgIMG_7024 (resized).jpgIMG_7025 (resized).jpgIMG_7025 (resized).jpg

#1765 2 years ago

It’s official...

The RAZA preorder thread is just an extension of the main deeproot thread (aka the sewer). It’s sad that something as simple as respecting the wishes of the OP as he stated in his very first post cannot be adhered to. Once again, and this time I’ll try to make it stand out...from the OP’s very first post as to the intent of this thread and who is welcome to participate...

“Starting a thread to allow people that have pre-ordered RAZA to discuss their purchase outside of the general Deeproot thread.”

“Starting a thread to allow people that have pre-ordered RAZA to discuss their purchase outside of the general Deeproot thread.”

Got it??? PEOPLE THAT HAVE PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!

As in...and I’ll go slow for you...all you inconsiderate, disrespectful, shit stirring Pinsiders should not be here unless you...ready for it???...

PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!

PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!

PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!

And finally, those that say you are looking out for us...

WE ALREADY PUT OUR HARD EARNED MONEY DOWN ON SOMETHING WE HOPE TO OWN CAUSE IT LOOKS COOL AND FUN!!!

So instead of making fun of us, thinking we are a bunch of idiots, and thinking we are clueless not seeing the red flags (cause guess what??? we are very aware of all of them!!!), why don’t you try being more supportive of your fellow pinheads and hope their gamble pays off, and not lose the money they already spent. We are all here cause we love pinball! Deeproot failing, which many of you hope happens, only results in your fellow pinball enthusiasts getting hurt and jobs being lost at deeproot. Show some class. Feel free to talk all the shit you want in the general deeproot thread...not here!

I’ll see those of you that preordered RAZA in the owner’s thread assuming they eventually ship. Any of you preorder guys feel free to PM me anytime to discuss this journey outside of the “two” sewers.

#1766 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It’s official...
The RAZA preorder thread is just an extension of the main deeproot thread (aka the sewer). It’s sad that something as simple as respecting the wishes of the OP as he stated in his very first post cannot be adhered to. Once again, and this time I’ll try to make it stand out...from the OP’s very first post as to the intent of this thread and who is welcome to participate...
As in...and I’ll go slow for you...all you inconsiderate, disrespectful, shit stirring Pinsiders should not be here unless you...ready for it???...
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
WE ALREADY PUT OUR HARD EARNED MONEY DOWN ON SOMETHING WE HOPE TO OWN CAUSE IT LOOKS COOL AND FUN!!!
So instead of making fun of us, thinking we are a bunch of idiots, and thinking we are clueless not seeing the red flags (cause guess what??? we are very aware of all of them!!!), why don’t you try being more supportive of your fellow pinheads and hope their gamble pays off, and not lose the money they already spent. We are all here cause we love pinball! Deeproot failing, which many of you hope happens, only results in your fellow pinball enthusiasts getting hurt and jobs being lost at deeproot. Show some class. Feel free to talk all the shit you want in the general deeproot thread...not here!
I’ll see those of you that preordered RAZA in the owner’s thread assuming they eventually ship. Any of you preorder guys feel free to PM me anytime to discuss this journey outside of the “two” sewers.

Don't let them get to you. They are bored hunting for grains of nothing.

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It’s official...
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!

I’m pre-pre order. Happy now?

#1768 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I didnt talk to you but to the first-hand receivers of the update. You dont qualify esp. not for this thread.

I'll just chalk up your complete lack of understanding of what I said to a language barrier thing because otherwise....yikes lol

#1769 2 years ago

There are more posts in this thread lately complaining about the "others" (aka from the main thread or sewer) than there are of the "others" actually posting negativity in this thread. I'll admit that this post doesn't have much value either, but you guys seem to enjoy participating in the back and forth? I feel like you'd be lonely if it was all puppies and rainbows in here. Who is more obsessed; those who constantly post about DR inevitably failing or those who complain about those who post about DR inevitably failing?

#1770 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!

PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!

PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!

So do I need to have pre ordered RAZA to post here?

#1771 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It’s official...
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!

lol

I'm here as a pre-player. You'll get your precious club when dr ships a game. Complain to them, not us.

#1772 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

What do the RAZA pre-order guys think of a RAZA pre-order guy who hopes that Deeproot fails and goes bankrupt - but only after he gets his own RAZA delivered ? Figuring the fewer Deeproot games that are ever produced the more his rare RAZA will be worth?

I bet most pre-orders want this. Irony.

#1773 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

So do I need to have pre ordered RAZA to post here?

Heck no your always welcome. All I request is an autographed copy (to buy) of your soon to release monster mag to complete my awesome collection.

#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

lol
I'm here as a pre-player. You'll get your precious club when dr ships a game. Complain to them, not us.

What in the fuck is a “pre-player”??????

#1775 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

harsh ! WTF

#1776 2 years ago

Tough but fair.

#1777 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

What in the fuck is a “pre-player”??????

I think it’s similar to pre-cum? Not sure.

#1778 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:A brief intermission from recent wave of Raza analysts... Our playfield (2) showed up today donated by DR to Project Pinball to support Gilbert Elijah and his family. The Mod Couple is Proud to support the amazing efforts and kindness of the Project Pinball team. Amazing people!!!! Now we have an uncut and prototype Raza on display autographed by the team at DR. Both look spectacular and remarkably all the inserts are well defined and look great. lol
Fun project: The other thread can use this as a "Wheres Waldo" hunt to see which names are new or old from 1 year ago! Have fun!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Let me see here………….I’ve got a used Dolly playfield, Big Game and Harlem Globetrotters And new Quicksilver playfield I’ll trade you for the prototype.

#1779 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Let me see here………….I’ve got a used Dolly playfield, Big Game and Harlem Globetrotters And new Quicksilver playfield I’ll trade you for the prototype.

Lol no thanks. Dolly is mean.

#1780 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Deeproot failing, which many of you hope happens, only results in your fellow pinball enthusiasts getting hurt and jobs being lost at deeproot.

People used this same argument with Skit-B, Zidware, Heighway, and that other stupid company that made TBL (I can't be arsed to remember).......nobody on Pinside caused these companies to fail. They're just terrible companies with terrible management.

Ideally we all WOULD like to see you guys with money in get games, but also, for the GOOD OF THE HOBBY, companies like this need to die, and will die. Given history, you have a long long fight ahead of you to just get *anything*, much less an actual functioning game. There is no good solution. Ya'll want to have a hissy fit over anything that doesn't agree with your position, but yet you can't even see that nothing that ANYONE SAYS HERE MATTERS in terms of "will Deeproot ship games or not?" or that the "wishes of the OP" on Pinside have always, and will always mean exactly *zero*. It's like you've never once ever looked at a sale post.

Quoted from Yelobird:

hunting for grains of nothing

Some would argue that's what buyers of this game are precisely doing after following bad money with more bad money after Zidware. The people that are still carrying their money forward from paying JPOP (if that's even a thing, I can't keep up with all this)...those guys I actually feel bad for. Anyone that chose to put new money in....I just can't. I still hope you get your game, but you made a terrible, illogical decision knowing all the risks.

More on topic though, holy shit that playfield art is chaotic as hell. I see what Ben was talking about with the inserts being labeled with a bunch of nonsense. Do you really need a flasher hotdog just to tell you to attack a main objective?

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ya'll want to have a hissy fit over anything that doesn't agree with your position,

Oddly it feels the exact Opposite from my position. lol

#1782 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oddly it feels the exact Opposite from my position. lol

I primarily would like Deeproot to succeed just for Bowden's sake. It's terrible that guy gave up a career to go work for a company that sure SEEMS like it's going to explode. Take that as you will.

#1783 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I primarily would like Deeproot to succeed just for Bowden's sake. It's terrible that guy gave up a career to go work for a company that sure SEEMS like it's going to explode. Take that as you will.

Yep great guy I'm sure he appreciates your support.

#1784 2 years ago

The main reason this thread got woke and is keeping it real now, may be because no public thread on Pinside can be used to exclude non-owners. As such anyone interested in a thread can respond. But you may say, “This is an Owners’ thread and Pinside etiquette is no one can post negative or unflattering comments”. That part is true but remember, Pinside has a hard rule against allowing an Owners thread to be opened BEFORE production is underway. For that reason this thread is an illegitimate Owners thread, and it has become more of a really popular place to post your thoughts on Deeproot, while they get their shit together and build 130 mf games.

If that had occurred as promised by Deeproot at the time of selling and accepting deposits on RAZA, the games would have been built in March. The past four months of posts in this thread would have been about how great the game was. People would be requesting tweaks to the rules, Mod Makers would be swimming in orders for accouterments. We’d be over at threads reading about Deeproot games #2 and #3.

#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Heck no your always welcome. All I request is an autographed copy (to buy) of your soon to release monster mag to complete my awesome collection.

Which one?

candid monsters 11 covers (resized).jpgcandid monsters 11 covers (resized).jpg
#1786 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It’s official...
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!

Hey man, lighten up, you're taking this waaaay too seriously! Just laugh it all off and don't take the comments personally. Robert is the one you should be upset with. All of this is more or less his fault.

Besides, I haven't actually seen anyone calling preorder folks idiots. I've questioned your guys' confidence, and your seemingly unending patience with deeproot's delays.

I'd happily shake hands (metaphorically, at this point) with any of you in real-life. Especially Yelobird, with whom I've sparred with the most.

#1787 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Which one?
[quoted image]

I have your complete autographed set though I seen you make mention of a New mag your working on. Need to keep my collection of your awesomeness complete.

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The main reason this thread got woke and is keeping it real now, may be because no public thread on Pinside can be used to exclude non-owners. As such anyone interested in a thread can respond. But you may say, “This is an Owners’ thread and Pinside etiquette is no one can post negative or unflattering comments”. That part is true but remember, Pinside has a hard rule against allowing an Owners thread to be opened BEFORE production is underway. For that reason this thread is an illegitimate Owners thread, and it has become more of a really popular place to post your thoughts on Deeproot, while they get their shit together and build 130 mf games.
If that had occurred as promised by Deeproot at the time of selling and accepting deposits on RAZA, the games would have been built in March. The past four months of posts in this thread would have been about how great the game was. People would be requesting tweaks to the rules, Mod Makers would be swimming in orders for accouterments. We’d be over at threads reading about Deeproot games #2 and #3.

Thanks for the rules update much appreciated.

#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Which one?
[quoted image]

Ooh, Metropolis!

#1790 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hey man, lighten up, you're taking this waaaay too seriously! Just laugh it all off and don't take the comments personally. Robert is the one you should be upset with. All of this is more or less his fault.
Besides, I haven't actually seen anyone calling preorder folks idiots. I've questioned your guys' confidence, and your seemingly unending patience with deeproot's delays.
I'd happily shake hands (metaphorically, at this point) with any of you in real-life. Especially Yelobird, with whom I've sparred with the most.

Lol. You gotta be kidding me right? Not that it matters or I care but yeah “pre order folk idiots” talk is voluminous!!!

I don’t get why people have to come rain on this parade over here other than to do some eye poking. Maybe it makes you feel better?

We also didn’t form some private FB group like the last time around with some of those guys and Jpop fiasco. They took their ball and went home

But I’d also have a beer or two with anybody to discuss in person.

#1791 2 years ago

I get the hate for Robert and Jpop. Been a Jpop victim from day one.

Actually I don’t hate anybody and I certainly would never openly root for anyone’s failure especially when there are other good people and families affected.

Even if you don’t like someone you don’t hope they lose their jobs and have their families suffer. Even John

To DR credit they tried to right the Jpop wrong which they never had to and probably regret now

Carry on

#1792 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:Actually I don’t hate anybody

Except the half of Pinside you have blocked.

#1793 2 years ago

Btw Yelo, glad you got the pf since I didn’t. Had a 25% chance. Great charity project pinball

#1794 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Except the half of Pinside you have blocked.

Just because he blocked someone doesn't mean he hates them.

While I have never blocked a single person on Pinside, and have no plans to do so (I prefer to see even the crappy posts), I certainly respect people that decide to block other users since it often prevents a shit show of posts back and forth between people who get under each others skin.

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ooh, Metropolis!

The Metropolis article alone is 111 pages! ebay.com link: itm

#1796 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get the hate for Robert and Jpop. Been a Jpop victim from day one.
Actually I don’t hate anybody and I certainly would never openly root for anyone’s failure especially when there are other good people and families affected.
Even if you don’t like someone you don’t hope they lose their jobs and have their families suffer. Even John
To DR credit they tried to right the Jpop wrong which they never had to and probably regret now
Carry on

I feel bad for the good people and families that aren't being paid by DR

#1797 2 years ago

This thread has certainly been interesting. Lol.

I don’t get it but to me it’s just pinball. All fun stuff.

Hey Yelobird,
What kind of beer you want when you come over and play this machine when it finally comes out?
I’m going to have some Miller Lite bottles and some Pappy Van Winkle I got as a gift for a special occasion. Maybe over the rocks.
The maybe some Pineapple Guppy IPA after.

#1798 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

This thread has certainly been interesting. Lol.
I don’t get it but to me it’s just pinball. All fun stuff.
Hey Yelobird,
What kind of beer you want when you come over and play this machine when it finally comes out?
I’m going to have some Miller Lite bottles and some Pappy Van Winkle I got as a gift for a special occasion. Maybe over the rocks.
The maybe some Pineapple Guppy IPA after.

You had me at Pappy....

#1799 2 years ago

I have a pre order with DR. Have to say I think this is dead now. Shame but where we are.

#1800 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The main reason this thread got woke and is keeping it real now, may be because no public thread on Pinside can be used to exclude non-owners

That, and the fact the other deeproot thread is now about groceries. This thread is the last stand for RAZA.

I would honestly be quite happy if dr came out of the blue and said they've been quietly building machines with what parts they could get, and they're ready to ship the first couple dozen. This project-turned-joke's gone on long enough, time for closure. Git 'r done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club/page/36?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.