56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 66.
#1651 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s the beauty of pinball. You just never know what may or may not happen

The delays have been disappointing at times and I’ve expressed that, however, that will pale in comparison to the disappointment and disbelief that will be felt over in the sewer when I’m enjoying a new, fresh, and fun take on pinball with an outstanding theme, story, and art package. Yes, I’m referring to RAZA, a future keeper like almost all of the pins in my lineup. So I NEVER viewed this as some winning lottery ticket as someone suggested over in the sewer, just a game that looks like fun and something I want to own! #NOTFORSALE

#1652 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

iceman44
One of these days, we need to grab a bite or a drink. I am the Buc-ee's integrator for the last 20 years for all their low voltage. I expect now that the I-10 construction out your way is finally wrapping that Buc-ee's will likely build that location in 2022.

Buc-Ees is taking over the world! New Braunfels was the last one we know of.

Luling was the original right?

My area of Boerne IH-10 needs one

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yea I remember 8+ years ago chatting on the threads here about RAZA with Iceman and all the guys who were in on it and many who were not. We had disagreements but things were much less toxic, it was definitely a different time on Pinside, I’m not saying it was perfect, but sometimes I miss those days.

I agree. It was much easier back then, but that was because JPOP was such an easy person for everyone to despise. He was as arrogant as he was incompetent. He had some enablers on Pinside, but ultimately it was his scam. JPOP was a straight up con artist, who somehow undeservedly gained a reputation for being a great pinball designer. After all these years and all of the stories I've read about him, I'm still not sure how he got top billing for designing, CV, TOM and TOTAN?

#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Goodie Bags have been in pinball machines for decades.

Yeah I get it. But not “Super Goodie Bags”.

#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I agree. It was much easier back then, but that was because JPOP was such an easy person for everyone to despise. He was as arrogant as he was incompetent. He had some enablers on Pinside, but ultimately it was his scam. JPOP was a straight up con artist, who somehow undeservedly gained a reputation for being a great pinball designer. After all these years and all of the stories I've read about him, I'm still not sure how he got top billing for designing, CV, TOM and TOTAN?

That pretty much sums it up. The times I talked to him revealed a level of basic business/financial cluelessness.

He knew it was over in early 2015. The Ponzi scheme doesn’t work without product. Can’t keep selling AIW payments without production of games and he knew it.

Robert? His arrogance, which is massive for zero reason, bought into it stupidly.

Regardless, with all the money DR has blown and still has to burn? Jpop is meaningless now

Despite the pitiful performance thus far games are coming.

#1656 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That pretty much sums it up. The times I talked to him revealed a level of basic business/financial cluelessness.
He knew it was over in early 2015. The Ponzi scheme doesn’t work without product. Can’t keep selling AIW payments without production of games and he knew it.
Robert? His arrogance, which is massive for zero reason, bought into it stupidly.
Regardless, with all the money DR has blown and still has to burn? Jpop is meaningless now

No doubt. I don't think this situation is even remotely comparable to the JPOP fiasco. JPOP is gone and good riddance.

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Buc-Ees is taking over the world! New Braunfels was the last one we know of.

Luling was the original right?

My area of Boerne IH-10 needs one

Buc-ee's now has a several out of state, FL, GA, AL, SC...Luling was the first travel center, it will be knocked down next year and replaced with the new 75K sqft floor plan.

Boerne's property was purchased a few years ago, but TX Dot would not let it open till FWY construction was finished.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/Here-s-an-update-on-when-Buc-ee-s-will-open-its-15844735.php

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Was Ben and Jpop the first ones to come up with the “goodie bag”. Now Haggis, Stern and Spooky all do it but they call it “swag”. Lol.

"goodie bag" have been in pins for decades.
"swag" is 'stuff we all get' - has also been part of tradeshows, promotions, etc for decades

I think what you are really referring to is this idea of a 'club' or whatever the company forms around it's buyers. JPOP used his secrecy and mythology to keep people under his spell by selling and giving away all kinds of stuff he had lying around or made. It was an effort to make people feel special - and avoid hating on JPOP.

Your recap also forget Stern Insider was started before Spooky's fang club. Spooky did Fang club in summer of 2019 before R&M was announced. Stern did Insider in q1 2019.

#1659 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Buc-ee's now has a several out of state, FL, GA, AL, SC...Luling was the first travel center, it will be knocked down next year and replaced with the new 75K sqft floor plan.
Boerne's property was purchased a few years ago, but TX Dot would not let it open till FWY construction was finished.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/Here-s-an-update-on-when-Buc-ee-s-will-open-its-15844735.php

2023 for Boerne. The wheels of IH-10 construction turn slowly.

Well, I try and avoid even heading IH-10 east these days towards Houston and that construction fiasco. I did hit the Buc-ees on the way back from Houston last month!

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That poster proves how bat shit crazy Jpop is. And why Ben ran away screaming. And why everyone else should have. “Mystery Mechs”, “super goodie bag”, DIY pinball kit, “play the trailer”, “Two Shooters”. Jesus H. Christ, stop the madness.

Yeah those two were an interesting team with interesting ideas. Fun times.

#1661 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Sounds like you have some real gnarly arcades where you live.

Well there are no „real“ arcades here besides 1 in Berlin. The rest of the pins are in „normal“ bars and clubs where the main focus is to get drunk, roar and make out. You need robust machines for that 90s Williams mostly.

It’s the polar opposite of the story of this Australian guy where he hops into the local bakery Sunday morning in sunshine and smile to see a deadpool premium. Places like this are where I can imagine a RAZA.

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

2023 for Boerne. The wheels of IH-10 construction turn slowly.
Well, I try and avoid even heading IH-10 east these days towards Houston and that construction fiasco. I did hit the Buc-ees on the way back from Houston last month!

Yeah, that's just TX in general. It took them over a YEAR here in Dallas to redo the ramp from Woodall Rodgers to 30-W....and guess what it does now? Instead of dumping onto 35 and using that exit, it dumps back on the service road, in the SAME PLACE that the exit 100 feet in front of it goes! Like...what the fuck was even the point?! You have two exit loops going to the same place now. Idiots.

#1663 2 years ago

Robert M’s decision to delay an update was a mistake. He promised the community they would get an update and then didn’t provide it. It would have been easy to provide one. By missing another deadline, Robert gets a strike for lying. Granted this is a minuscule one and more of one of poor planning. But Robert has a credibility problem and this didn’t help.

In the one decision, he also made a mistake by linking being able to report meaningful progress with releasing the update. He never told us that was what he was doing but it likely was what he meant. So Robert was unclear with his intent too. The problem with waiting to report something until there is significant progress is the unpredictability it causes. So if event doesn’t occur, you rationalize, it will happen in a few weeks and then you’ll report. Well the thing you are waiting for inevitably takes forever to occur, and so when you give that update three months have gone by.

Until now our understanding of Robert running the company was he had raised tons of capital and he could continue at will for as long as the funds hold up. That is still unchanged but know that he has investors and a board to answer to. Once one of them sees the money suck going on and puts their foot down. The operation will be shut down. I believe this is already occurring and this is why I selected Aug 31 as important. That is not any official date but would be a reasonable point in Deeproot’s timeline to be shipping games or laying everybody off. Robert M’s background is making profitable investments and were he to look at his own books, he’d have to see it is time to give up. While you may be tempted to look at what was spent to get here, it is better to focus on what the future looks like. Those tea leaves are saying run Forrest, run!

#1664 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Robert M’s decision to delay an update was a mistake. He promised the community they would get an update and then didn’t provide it. It would have been easy to provide one. By missing another deadline, Robert gets a strike for lying. Granted this is a minuscule one and more of one of poor planning. But Robert has a credibility problem and this didn’t help.
In the one decision, he also made a mistake by linking being able to report meaningful progress with releasing the update. He never told us that was what he was doing but it likely was what he meant. So Robert was unclear with his intent. The problem with waiting to report something until there is significant progress is the unpredictability it causes. So if event doesn’t occur, you rationalize, we’ll it will happen in a few weeks and then I’ll report. Well the thing you are waiting inevitably takes forever to occur and so when you give that update three months have gone by.
Until now our understanding of Robert running the company was he had raised tons of capital and he could continue at will for as long as the funds hold up. That is still unchanged but know that he has investors and a board to answer to. Once one of them sees the money suck going on and puts their foot down. The operation will be shut down. I believe this is already occurring and this is why I selected Aug 31 as important. That is not any official date but would be a reasonable point in Deeproot’s timeline to be shipping games or laying everybody off. Robert M’s background is making profitable investments and were he to look at his own books, he’d have to see it is time to give up. While you may be tempted to look at what was spent to get here, it is better to focus on what the future looks like. Those tea leaves are saying run Forrest, run!

I would love to be a fly in the board room during the meetings.

#1665 2 years ago

In the one decision, he also made a mistake by linking being able to report meaningful progress with releasing the update. He never told us that was what he was doing but it likely was what he meant. So Robert was unclear with his intent. The problem with waiting to report something until there is significant progress is the unpredictability it causes. So if event doesn’t occur, you rationalize, it will happen in a few weeks and then you’ll report. Well the thing you are waiting for inevitably takes forever to occur, and so when you give that update three months have gone by.

You should just ask for a refund. Fair enough if your not interested in waiting. Everyone has there breaking point. Good luck.

#1666 2 years ago

Robert M’s decision to delay an update was a mistake.

What is this referring to?

#1667 2 years ago

In the one decision, he also made a mistake by linking being able to report meaningful progress with releasing the update. He never told us that was what he was doing but it likely was what he meant. So Robert was unclear with his intent too. The problem with waiting to report something until there is significant progress is the unpredictability it causes. So if event doesn’t occur, you rationalize, it will happen in a few weeks and then you’ll report. Well the thing you are waiting for inevitably takes forever to occur, and so when you give that update three months have gone by.

#1668 2 years ago

Ahhh the old armchair quarterback statement and evaluating a company’s history. Lol.

#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You should just ask for a refund. Fair enough if your not interested in waiting. Everyone has there breaking point. Good luck.

Fortunately no money is in and I would have taken a refund the first time it was offered. Way back when people were signing contracts not to sue JPOP. Had I missed that deadline I would taken the money the second time it was offered.

I have no doubt Robert could build the 130 games, making all purchasers happy. But I also believe he wants to do it at a reasonable cost. Therein lies the problem.

Hypothetical Example #1 - Games selling for $7k (??) each should cost no more than $4k (??) to build. If they cost 1 cent more than $7k, they are losing money on every game built. Also their production costs are out of wack!

Hypothetical Example #2 - Lots of bad decisions are made by the company president. Lacking competence the company president focuses on insignificant aspects and so is surprised by every issue that comes up.

If Robert were to look at the financials, he’d conclude it was a bad investment. Lots of capital was spent, way more than what should have been. Too many unanswered issues are left unsolved. There is no million dollar inventory or fixed assets to draw on for the $20M (??) spent to date. Stay in business and hemorrhage millions a month. He probably has enough $ to build 130 games for everyone and he may have the desire to proceed at any costs. But what comes after building RAZA?

Those still in in RAZA would be better off if Robert decided to refund 110% to buyers and close the company. In that case the only group of people hurt would be the investors of DR and they may have lost it all, to the tune of $20 Million.

#1670 2 years ago

Fortunately no money is in and I would have taken a refund the first time it was offered. Way back when people were signing contracts not to sue JPOP. Had I missed that deadline I would taken the money the second time it was offered.
I have no doubt Robert could build the 130 games, making all purchasers happy. But I also believe he wants to do it at a reasonable cost. Therein lies the problem. Example #1 - Games selling for $7k (??) each should cost no more than $4k (??) to build. If they cost 1 cent more than $7k, they are losing money on every game built. Also their production costs are out of wack!
Example #2 - Lots of bad decisions are made by the company president. Lacking competence the company president focuses on insignificant aspects and so is surprised by every issue that comes up.
If Robert were to look at the financials, he’d conclude it was a bad investment. Lots of capital was spent, way more than what should have been. Too many unanswered issues left to solve. No million dollar inventory or fixed asset to draw on for the $20M (??) spent to date. Stay in business and hemorrhage millions a month. He probably still has enough $ to build games for everyone and he may have the desire to proceed at any costs. But what comes after building RAZA?

I’m sure DR appreciates your deep analysis of their business plan. I for one just want one of the 130 games and could honestly care less how they do it or how much they make. Selfish maybe but I have better things to do then evaluate someone else’s business margins or plans. I just buy games my family or friends look like fun!

#1671 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m sure DR appreciates your deep analysis of their business plan. I for one just want one of the 130 games and could honestly care less how they do it or how much they make. Selfish maybe but I have better things to do then evaluate someone else’s business margins or plans. I just buy games my family or friends look like fun!

You keep saying Yelobird that you only care about eventually getting the game, and that none of the other stuff matters. Except that it's not enough to just get the game, you need to be able to get spare parts when stuff breaks. You need to be able to get technical support, especially with a brand new platform. And so deeproot pinball needs to still exist to get that stuff.

Just talk to Heighway Alien owners about what happens when the boutique manufacturer of your bespoke game goes belly up.

#1672 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

You keep saying Yelobird that you only care about eventually getting the game, and that none of the other stuff matters. Except that it's not enough to just get the game, you need to be able to get spare parts when stuff breaks. You need to be able to get technical support, especially with a brand new platform. And so deeproot piball needs to still exist to get that stuff.
Just talk to Heighway Alien owners about what happens when the boutique manufacturer of your bespoke game goes belly up.

He bought Cosmic Carnival (game #1 I believe?), so not sure that is something he really cares about.

And just for context, this is not a rip or a jab. Just stating a fact that I remember him getting Cosmic Carnival when Suncoast was about to go belly up and that didn't stop him. So I am thinking he has the ability to keep his games going under his own abilities. He is a mod-maker after all...

#1673 2 years ago

Fortunately no money is in...

Those still in in RAZA would be better off if Robert decided to refund 110% to buyers and close the company.

So if you didn’t order RAZA why do you care and why are you here??? We have all assessed the known risks, made our decisions, and put money down long ago for something we think looks cool and fun. And what makes you think you know what would make me better off??? You don’t know me, what I want, or what would be best for me. Also, your selection of the completely random date of August 31st is also laughable. Why not September 19th or even something sooner, like say, August 8th??? The sewer is calling for you...take care.

#1674 2 years ago

Robert M’s decision to delay an update was a mistake. He promised the community they would get an update and then didn’t provide it.

So you making a call on this at 1pm, just barely passed the half work day mark? Unless 1pm is the end of your work day? Since I replied an hour later, they still have 3 more hours in their work day, possibly 4, if they are working 10 hours a day.

#1675 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

He bought Cosmic Carnival (game #1 I believe?), so not sure that is something he really cares about.
And just for context, this is not a rip or a jab. Just stating a fact that I remember him getting Cosmic Carnival when Suncoast was about to go belly up and that didn't stop him. So I am thinking he has the ability to keep his games going under his own abilities. He is a mod-maker after all...

Very true and appreciated. Yes, I have been around pinball for MANY years and long ago there were NO spares for Anything yet we always managed to get the games going. Cosmic just like the Alien I owned have never really been all that hard to figure out and with the knowledge sharing in forums like this I have yet to come across a bricked forever game. As long as code is playable (which looks very much the case in this title) the rest is simple tinkering if anything goes wrong. I own games from United, Chicago Coin and dozens more long since out of business and they still play like new. I have absolutely NO concern with this game.

#1676 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

But certainly what happened has fueled his anger

It’s odd when people mistake “logic” for “anger”. I don’t think Ben wastes an emotion like anger on Jpop/DR - he’s just straightforward being honest about what’s up, with a dose of acerbic humor and pot-stiring. Ben has proven himself a creator of things…he of all people is qualified to say “Hey! I made/make/will make stuff. If you can’t see fakes when they’re right in front of you, I’ll help you out.”

#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

… if they are working 10 hours a day.

Lol.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I have absolutely NO concern with this game.

#1678 2 years ago

I was reading TWIP this week and they summarized the TPS interview of Spooky where Charlie says, we have all the parts in to begin the first build (of 1250 Halloween and 500 Ultraman’s). I don’t know how many of the total “first build” includes but if I had to take a wag and knowing Charlie is a straight shooter, I’d say enough parts to build 500 games. The number is not important, rather Spooky let us know they are starting production and confirmed they have 100% of the parts on hand to do the builds. That shows competence and it is what we need to hear from Deeproot. In Dec 2021, 130 RAZA orders were placed and games were expected to be built by March. The last update from them was in June, where they announced some proportion of some portion of the parts that were needed to build 130 games were in. That is weak sauce.

#1679 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

You keep saying Yelobird that you only care about eventually getting the game, and that none of the other stuff matters. Except that it's not enough to just get the game, you need to be able to get spare parts when stuff breaks. You need to be able to get technical support, especially with a brand new platform. And so deeproot piball needs to still exist to get that stuff.

You are wasting your time. If they cant see the games arent coming, they certainly dont care about service after the fact. Blows my mind.

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Very true and appreciated. Yes, I have been around pinball for MANY years and long ago there were NO spares for Anything yet we always managed to get the games going. Cosmic just like the Alien I owned have never really been all that hard to figure out and with the knowledge sharing in forums like this I have yet to come across a bricked forever game. As long as code is playable (which looks very much the case in this title) the rest is simple tinkering if anything goes wrong. I own games from United, Chicago Coin and dozens more long since out of business and they still play like new. I have absolutely NO concern with this game.

Well, fair enough if that works for you. I know there will be many that won't have that same comfort level.

I'm wondering about their boardset. Do we know what they are using? All the old pins used very simple boards with easily replaced through-hole components. I feel like a lot of modern boardsets aren't as easily repairable. Especially when so many companies don't include proper schematics.

#1681 2 years ago

Robert M’s decision to delay an update was a mistake. He promised the community they would get an update and then didn’t provide it.

He didn't delay an update and didn't promise one for a specific date, just read again what was written and stop going on rants based on (made up) stuff like that. (There is enough to rant about but this is not it and soley on yourself.)

He was asked. He answered. They hope the week of 19th they have something to tell, that'd be this week. WEEK. We'll see.

#1682 2 years ago

I was reading TWIP this week and they summarized the TPS interview of Spooky where Charlie says, we have all the parts in to begin the first build (of 1250 Halloween and 500 Ultraman’s). I don’t know how many of the total “first build” includes but if I had to take a wag and knowing Charlie is a straight shooter, I’d say enough parts to build 500 games. The number is not important, rather Spooky let us know they are starting production and confirmed they have 100% of the parts on hand to do the builds. That shows competence and it is what we need to hear from Deeproot. In Dec 2021, 130 RAZA orders were placed and games were expected to be built by March. The last update from them was in June, where they announced some proportion of some portion of the parts that were needed to build 130 games were in. That is weak sauce.

Thats awesome very happy for Charlie. Hope you got in on Halloween!

#1683 2 years ago

Was such a peaceful RAZA thread!
Hang in there guys your games will come.

#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t forget you hired my services to do repairs for you………because of my incredible skill set.

#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hang in there guys your games will come.

If they ordered a Halloween or Ultraman, absolutely!

#1686 2 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Starting a thread to allow people that have pre-ordered RAZA to discuss their purchase outside of the general Deeproot thread.

Once again, the OP made it very clear as to the intent of the thread he created.

It seems many of you either can’t read, have poor reading comprehension, lack common courtesy, decency, and etiquette, or just simply don’t give a f*ck and do what you like regardless of the simple request the OP stated in his very first post to open this thread.

Show some respect to the OP and to those that have preordered RAZA...you already have the other thread to voice your opinions...no need to poison the waters here too.

Well that was 5 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

#1687 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Don’t forget you hired my services to do repairs for you………because of my incredible skill set.

Yeah I do recall that not every time I hit the flippers my toilet flushes. Lol

#1688 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah I do recall that not every time I hit the flippers my toilet flushes. Lol

Some people prefer to have their toilet flush when they hit their flippers. Or possibly, real actual smoke coming out of your backbox while you play.
Or even that electrical burning smell where one of your coils are locked up. All of these are my specialty, my services aren’t cheap or my repairs. Lol!

#1689 2 years ago

Wilhelm at deeproot indicated that according to Robert a RAZA update was likely this week. I do not think this will be the “now shipping” update everyone is hoping for, however, I do think this will be a very significant update with specifics as to their progress. Maybe wishful thinking...thoughts anyone???

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Wilhelm at deeproot indicated that according to Robert a RAZA update was likely this week. I do not think this will be the “now shipping” update everyone is hoping for, however, I do think this will be a very significant update with specifics as to their progress. Maybe wishful thinking...thoughts anyone???

Thoughts. The update should be enough fuel for the other thread to hit 30,000 posts. Lol. JK. Look forward to the next update. As long as the communications continue I am satisfied appreciate the info.

#1691 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Yeah I think you nailed it right on the head. I feel it’s unlikely they will be shipping games but a significant update with their progress and we should then be in the home stretch.

#1692 2 years ago

Agreed. Deeproot doesn’t owe us pics of their progress or manufacturing area like some believe. However, an update with substance and some particulars would be nice and would give the buyers some confidence and would earn more patience.

#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

He didn't delay an update and didn't promise one for a specific date, just read again what was written and stop going on rants based on (made up) stuff like that. (There is enough to rant about but this is not it and soley on yourself.)
He was asked. He answered. They hope the week of 19th they have something to tell, that'd be this week. WEEK. We'll see.

But he DID delay an update DS_Nadine--Robert said after the 4th of July holiday he'd give an update. That was two weeks ago now. I feel like it's disingenuous to pretend that we're still in "after-the-holiday-weekend" territory here. It's obvious this is another missed deadline from Robert (albeit a minor one). Unless we're no longer supposed to take Robert's statements at face value?

I don't know why Robert even bothers to put dates on things, it just gives him another timeline to miss. And sure, the follow-up email did say an update would be coming this week (no specific day), but the email also implied that an update could be even sooner. Which obviously didn't happen.

So while deeproot still has plenty of time to get an announcement out this week, no matter what day they release an update, it will certainly be at least a bit later than we could have expected based on Robert's last communication. Not that it really matters of course, but it is another in a long line of broken promises and missed deadlines from deeproot.

Quoted from wrb1977:

Agreed. Deeproot doesn’t owe us pics of their progress or manufacturing area like some believe. However, an update with substance and some particulars would be nice and would give the buyers some confidence and would earn more patience.

That sounds like quite the pipedream! But if the next update does include those things, then I'll happily make an extra donation to Pinside as a show of penance!

#1694 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

But he DID delay an update DS_Nadine--Robert said after the 4th of July holiday he'd give an update. That was two weeks ago now. I feel like it's disingenuous to pretend that we're still in "after-the-holiday-weekend" territory here. It's obvious this is another missed deadline from Robert (albeit a minor one). Unless we're no longer supposed to take Robert's statements at face value?
I don't know why Robert even bothers to put dates on things, it just gives him another timeline to miss. And sure, the follow-up email did say an update would be coming this week (no specific day), but the email also implied that an update could be even sooner. Which obviously didn't happen.
So while deeproot still has plenty of time to get an announcement out this week, no matter what day they release an update, it will certainly be at least a bit later than we could have expected based on Robert's last communication. Not that it really matters of course, but it is another in a long line of broken promises and missed deadlines from deeproot.

That sounds like quite the pipedream! But if the next update does include those things, then I'll happily make an extra donation to Pinside as a show of penance!

The buyers will let you know when there is an update. Thanks again for your concern.

#1695 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I gave you a thumbs up because there was a point when you said “not that it really matters”. That’s where’s you nailed it. Lol.

#1696 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

@dakotamike...see post #1686.

#1697 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The buyers will let you know when there is an update.

Would be nice if buyers would keep it confidential to dry out the sewer.

#1698 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

he’s just straightforward being honest about what’s up, with a dose of acerbic humor and pot-stiring. Ben has proven himself a creator of things…he of all people is qualified to say “Hey! I made/make/will make stuff. If you can’t see fakes when they’re right in front of you, I’ll help you out.”

Else publish the update to fuel comments like this wanting to educate us to see "what´s up" because we are blind sheep who can´t see. Its our own fault this thread gots flooded by the sewer bc the hungry wolf returns to where he got food.

#1699 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

So in addition to the July 4th non-update, the forecasted July 19th update was missed too? Now we have Wilhelm at Deeproot promising an update this week. If that doesn’t happen, does Deeproot miss another deadline or does that one not count because Robert never posted it himself, in writing? Sorry, I’ll sit quietly for a few days to give Robert time to deliver his state of the union.

#1700 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Would be nice if buyers would keep it confidential to dry out the sewer.

Because that theory worked SO WELL for Zidware and Predator!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.