56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 66.
#51 3 years ago

#150 on arcade here! Cirqus Voltaire was one of my faves of all time and this looks to be right on par

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

I am in on an Xtra, so far just used my credits from the previous deposit. Information back and forth with the company also is good and up to par. I am really looking forward to it and hope sincerely that all this negativity will fade away........in the end these are games and not weapons to use against each other. This should be a fun hobby!

Agreed...communicating with deeproot has been a very positive experience so far. Congrats on using your credits!

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

#150 on arcade here! Cirqus Voltaire was one of my faves of all time and this looks to be right on par

Nice! CV is one of my wife’s favorites...someday we need to add one to the lineup...sure would look nice next to RAZA.

#54 3 years ago

Mispost.

#55 3 years ago

#150 on arcade here!

No...Noho! I am xtra #1006 thought we stay in double digits I want this pin to be ultrarare...flynnibus and levi did a very bad job discourigang potential byers in the main thread.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

No...Noho! I am xtra #1006 thought we stay in double digits I want this pin to be ultrarare...flynnibus and levi did a very bad job discourigang potential byers in the main thread.

Got to give them credit for trying!

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Not buying it. Preorders are a huge risk with unproven companies. Buyer beware.

Let em find out on their own. Ain’t saving anyone. Been there done that twice over.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Let em find out on their own. Ain’t saving anyone. Been there done that twice over.

Please save this for the other thread. Thanks!

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Please save this for the other thread. Thanks!

Nope.

#60 3 years ago

Was worth the ask. Just try to keep it positive please. This is meant for people that have pre-ordered in case that wasn't obvious. Thanks.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Was worth the ask. Just try to keep it positive please. This is meant for people that have pre-ordered in case that wasn't obvious. Thanks.

I wish threads could keep to topic and motive of the OP. Won't happen here for many reasons.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Agreed. Let’s keep this thread on track with those that have preordered RAZA, those thinking about it, or at least those positive about deeproot.

Didn’t mean to derail the club.
Some of the positives, was that I liked the changes done to the game since I played it in Houston. I like the art a lot better and I really like the pinbar. I also like the possibility that I might be able to code my own rules. The ability to make your own game without having to do all the work of making your own playfield or homebrew is quite appealing. I think if someone does something cool enough, there might be some market for it if DR has some kind of online store on the pinbar.
I’m also happy to see a topper price that does not seem like a gouge. I also highly doubt that the game will lose value, there is too much history and story now, people will want to collect it, especially when it’s no longer available new.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

I played it in Houston

I did not play it in Houston. I not only didnt play RAZA in Houston but also not anytime anywhere else. So please answer my questions in sufficient detail:

1. Were the shots fun/satisfying?

2. Was the (Thiel) sound immersive?

3. What is the table design difficulty? It is said at least intermediate.

Yes it was a proto but still this info is high value (to me).

#64 3 years ago

12-21-20 @ 8am PST #165 20% down Xtra Ed.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

12-21-20 @ 8am PST #165 20% down Xtra Ed.

Nice! I love the detailed order info!

#66 3 years ago

Has anyone opted for the Pinpod yet? I can't see the value in it personally but I'd be curious to hear if it raises the shipping price.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Has anyone opted for the Pinpod yet? I can't see the value in it personally but I'd be curious to hear if it raises the shipping price.

I'd be more concerned whether it fit in the back of my vehicle or not.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I believe Fulltilt got the PinPod...he should be able to answer your questions.

#69 3 years ago

I ordered pinpod

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

can't see the value

in pinpot deeproot guarantees until you pick up else until it leaves facility

#71 3 years ago

Ordered today with my Zidware credit from 2011-2012......... I'm #100168 for the Arcade Edition. Hope to see this game before March 1st.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Hope to see this game before March 1st.

26F47582-3786-489D-A05D-255DD916E141.jpeg26F47582-3786-489D-A05D-255DD916E141.jpeg
#73 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

It’s all good. Just trying to tease. Long wait for this one. Hoping it all pans out!

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Cool...don’t buy it then...play the 37 pins you do have.

Already bought it once.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Already bought it once.

Do describe - what’s your case?

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Already bought it once.

Quoted from cpr9999:

Do describe - what’s your case?

Until games are boxed and shipping, buying has very high risk.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Until games are boxed and shipping, buying has very high risk.

Judge ruled in your favor against DR?
If judge ruled against John’d former company how did the IP & assets not come your way?

Don’t understand.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I believe fulltilt got the PinPod...he should be able to answer your questions.

Shipping was the same, as far as I can tell. The Pinpod is also several hundred less expensive with the Xtra.

#79 3 years ago

Curious who's the distributor of these games and what's the actual price of the machine with shipping and tax?

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Judge ruled in your favor against DR?
If judge ruled against John’d former company how did the IP & assets not come your way?
Don’t understand.

The wheels of the court move very very slowly.

Why do you think deeproot was paying for the bankruptcy lawyer for Zidware? Think DR has a vested interest in how the Zidware lawsuits and bankruptcy grind on???

Maybe that's really why they put a cap on RAZA's future.. limit their exposure and know they had to try to move past it.

#82 3 years ago

I'm truly sorry for you and the others caught up in the Zidware fiasco. I don't know how that will ever be made right but I do hope there is some semblance of justice served.

That said, it doesn't change my wanting to purchase RAZA. It is not my wish to further enable the likes of Zidware/John's wrong doings. It is, however, an opportunity to help DR (potentially) get off of the ground and in exchange I (potentially) get a (potentially) cool pinball machine. It's a high risk gamble and I'm comfortable with that; as are all of the other people that have put money forward, I believe.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I'm truly sorry for you and the others caught up in the Zidware fiasco. I don't know how that will ever be made right but I do hope there is some semblance of justice served.
That said, it doesn't change my wanting to purchase RAZA. It is not my wish to further enable the likes of Zidware/John's wrong doings. It is, however, an opportunity to help DR (potentially) get off of the ground and in exchange I (potentially) get a (potentially) cool pinball machine. It's a high risk gamble and I'm comfortable with that; as are all of the other people that have put money forward, I believe.

Another zidware customer here. Don't feel bad for us, this Goodwill Agreement from deeproot has been the most unexpected boon to me (us) in YEARS. On the surface, this company owed me nothing. Silly me, that's prolly why they called it a Goodwill agreement - all I know is, through no fault of theirs they're trying to make me whole. I never expected it, all I can say is thank you to deeproot. If and when I get my machines - that will be an awesome day and yep, I'll give you an unbiased review of how it shoots.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Another zidware customer here. Don't feel bad for us, this Goodwill Agreement from deeproot has been the most unexpected boon to me (us) in YEARS. On the surface, this company owed me nothing. Silly me, that's prolly why they called it a Goodwill agreement - all I know is, through no fault of theirs they're trying to make me whole. I never expected it, all I can say is thank you to deeproot. If and when I get my machines - that will be an awesome day and yep, I'll give you an unbiased review of how it shoots.

I think the post I had originally quoted has been deleted/edited so it looks like I just said that out of the blue.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear the silver lining of all of this is at least beginning to shine through for some!

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Ordered today with my Zidware credit from 2011-2012......... I'm #100168 for the Arcade Edition. Hope to see this game before March 1st.

Good for you...seems like you’re finally on the homestretch!

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Curious who's the distributor of these games and what's the actual price of the machine with shipping and tax?

Direct sales through deeproot at this time. Full pricing for each edition and available options are on their website. Shipping and any applicable tax vary from state to state.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

#88 3 years ago

Man, TWIPs deep dive really makes me want a RAZA, which I could afford one. Hope it turns out as good as it looks .

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Man, TWIPs deep dive really makes me want a RAZA, which I could afford one. Hope it turns out as good as it looks .

Here is the link for those interested: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/retro-atomic-zombie-adventureland-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

#90 3 years ago

This is interesting. I’m not buying they can get up to 40 units per week. The artwork is cool as are the animations.

#91 3 years ago

What’s the latest invoice number that anyone has received?

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What’s the latest invoice number that anyone has received?

Invoice #: 100144

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

This seems to be the latest reported here.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I did not play it in Houston. I not only didnt play RAZA in Houston but also not anytime anywhere else. So please answer my questions in sufficient detail:
1. Were the shots fun/satisfying?
2. Was the (Thiel) sound immersive?
3. What is the table design difficulty? It is said at least intermediate.
Yes it was a proto but still this info is high value (to me).

Some of the side shots were fun, and way up top, but the ramp sucked. Supposedly fixed now according to streams.
It was a loud show and I could not hear the pin.
It had easier and harder shots, a nice mix.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

And why would you want them to not sell more? I'm confused. If it's for sale for consumers, and people like me who actually have been working in the crazy pinball industry for years, then we should be able to buy them... not be discouraged buying them. Is it just because you are hoping for a higher resale value or something?

#96 3 years ago

And why would you want them to not sell more? I'm confused. If it's for sale for consumers, and people like me who actually have been working in the crazy pinball industry for years, then we should be able to buy them... not be discouraged buying them. Is it just because you are hoping for a higher resale value or something?

I think they were being sarcastic about wanting there to be low sales numbers so it would be worth more later on. That's how I took it at least.

#97 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing! The PLAYFIELD IS PACKED with mechs...many of them tried and true giving me confidence in the game’s reliability. Not sure exactly how the Xenon ball lock works or what shot feeds it, but looks promising. RAZA keeps looking better and better!

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Some of the side shots were fun, and way up top, but the ramp sucked. Supposedly fixed now according to streams.
It was a loud show and I could not hear the pin.
It had easier and harder shots, a nice mix.

Yes, the ramp has been fixed. In the gameplay video on deeproot’s website, Steve Bowden demonstrates that the ramp has been dialed in.

#99 3 years ago

why would you want them to not sell more?

I want it to have some zidware spirit. RAZA was limited to 99 though JPop sold 101 as I remember (AIW was limited to 10 as I remember). congrats you pulled the trigger Ill prob never sell it its just its kind of avantgarde ordering it bc of all the negative bias still in the main thread 2 years ago it was much worse.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I want it to have some zidware spirit. RAZA was limited to 99 though JPop sold 101 as I remember (AIW was limited to 10 as I remember). congrats you pulled the trigger Ill prob never sell it its just its kind of avantgarde ordering it bc of all the negative bias still in the main thread 2 years ago it was much worse.

I'm sorry if some of my criticisms in the other thread are upsetting. As some of you already know, I've been in a similar position so I can sympathise with the difficult ride that Pinside can be. It's good this thread exists for you guys and I'm being respectful of it.

I don't wish any of you harm and I'm very sincere about that. - Best wishes and Happy Holidays to all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club/page/2?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.