56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 66.
#1301 6 months ago

Well I’ve been focused on rehabbing a total knee replacement since April 1st and then getting through another tax season.

It’s nice to see nothing has changed other than the “combative” stuff has spilled over to this club thread. Lol

For the guys still hanging in I’ll remind you that the local guy that has more hours on this pin than any non employee really likes it a lot and puts it up there with my top games.

So we will see and I’ll wait to watch some heads twist off now.

I realize even the haters are getting tired of hearing themselves chatter and begging DR to put an end to it.

#1302 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I’ve been focused on rehabbing a total knee replacement since April 1st and then getting through another tax season.
It’s nice to see nothing has changed other than the “combative” stuff has spilled over to this club thread. Lol
For the guys still hanging in I’ll remind you that the local guy that has more hours on this pin than any non employee really likes it a lot and puts it up there with my top games.
I realize even the haters are getting tired of hearing themselves chatter and begging DR to put an end to it.

Welcome back Ice!

Glad you are back on the horse so to speak. We don't always agree but I appreciate the enthusiasm.

#1303 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Welcome back hope the surgery was uneventful.

#1304 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

Good idea!
Let's talk about that last non-update and how it appears that DR wants people to ask for refunds.

Not a bad idea if Deeproot refunds some people’s money .. It frees up those spots and DR can sell them at the higher price point that goes to 13k on the RAZA Xtra after the lockout of sales.

Or it is less they have to make and that is probably a win win for DR.. Only 122 RAZA pins sold in total. This is a Very limited pin..

#1305 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Welcome back. I honestly thought of you a minute earlier (in a totally straight kind of way) when I saw TheCapn s new DR video, hoping you‘d chime in.
Happy you‘re (halfway) well, get back in full shape soon!

#1306 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I’ve been focused on rehabbing a total knee replacement since April 1st

Glad you are back. Best wishes with the rehab !

LTG : )

#1307 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He’s back! Nice.
Sorry to hear about the knee. Rehabbing a knee has to be a very tough process. Stay strong!

#1308 6 months ago

I've given this a lot of thought since the recent "update".
I've been in this since 2012. In 9 mths it will be a decade.
I've given Deep Root $90 in addition to "Zidware Credits" to cover the shipping cost.

Why would I quit now? No way. It's survive or sink with the ship.
Rooting for success!!

#1309 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

rehabbing a total knee replacement since April 1st a

sad to hear ... welcome back!

#1310 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Welcome back hope the surgery was uneventful.

Thx Yelo. Not something I’d want to do often but I had no choice. Bone on bone too long thx to hoops and genetics I guess. I’ll be much better off and pain free

Happy to see you have stayed strong on Raza. And all you other guys.

Thx Lloyd as well.

Either way we will get a pin or money back

I’d rather have the pin!

#1311 6 months ago

Fwiw. Parking lot update tomorrow!

I’ll take some pics of Dr Evil’s lair. Lol

#1312 6 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I've given Deep Root $90 in addition to "Zidware Credits" to cover the shipping cost.
Rooting for success!!

That’s fantastic. It’ll happen. Keep the faith!

#1313 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yelobird is a good guy. Hes not very smart when it comes with DR related decisions but otherwise hes an upstanding citizen

Time will tell on who was smart and who wasn’t. Yelobird may be the smartest one of all of us as I considered buying two RAZAs myself. They would have both been Arcade Editions so I would have had a little more than $1k total invested in deposits.

#1314 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Good to see you back...it wasn’t the same without you! I hope the knee surgery and rehab are successful and you make a full recovery.

#1315 6 months ago

I'm still in it for the long haul, from the start I wasn't expecting to get my game this year.

#1316 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s nice to see nothing has changed

Total knees are a bitch!!! Welcome back. My total hip a couple years ago was a piece of cake compared to the knee jobs.

#1317 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Fwiw. Parking lot update tomorrow!
I’ll take some pics of Dr Evil’s lair. Lol

Ring to bell and ask to see some goods!!

#1318 6 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Rooting for success!!

I too am seeing this through to the end...whenever and whatever that may be! Hopefully it’s...

(me flipping RAZA)

(the “other” deeproot thread)

#1319 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ice! You had your knee done and didn't consult me ! Get that damn thing moving and get into the pool! Hope you had a spinal so you could hear all the drilling and sawing! Hopping your at 130 degrees and climbing !

#1320 6 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Total knees are a bitch!!! Welcome back. My total hip a couple years ago was a piece of cake compared to the knee jobs.

Oh man yeah. Just had a friend get her hip done. Doing ok. Any joint replacement ain’t fun

It was my right knee. I was driving and back to work after a week and a half. When I stopped taking the pain meds. Not too smart.

But, 7 weeks later to the day I’m just resigned to the fact it’s gonna take a while to get normal. Patience is not my thing!

Feels good to just get back to playing some pins, standing or sitting, past the blood clot and infection stage.

All is right with the world. Now it’s time to cash in on some RAZA boys!!!!

#1321 6 months ago

I'm in on RAZA AE as a goodwill customer/buyer...

I really not sure what direction I want to go in on this last go round. I'm leaning towards hanging in for a few more months.

#1322 6 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ice! You had your knee done and didn't consult me ! Get that damn thing moving and get into the pool! Hope you had a spinal so you could hear all the drilling and sawing! Hopping your at 130 degrees and climbing !

Lol. Come on Billy!!! You get one done?

130 is still a ways a way. Bit of daily swelling. Came out of the shoot day one like nothing happened. Then the block wore off. Then I went backwards. Lol

I would have def done spinal if they let me. I watched the videos. Kind of cool.

Sucks to get old

I’ve had my nose reset twice from hoops. While awake, some good cracking and cutting there. That was brutal afterwards

Heading to the beach next week and into the water Billy!

Take care brother

Btw, I’ll give you first right of refusal on my Raza at $40k if I sell.

#1323 6 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Nothing wrong with people posting just keep on forum thread topic: RAZA pre-order...

I AM “pre-order”. Meaning the order hasn’t happened yet. No way I’d order this vaporware.

#1324 6 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I AM “pre-order”. Meaning the order hasn’t happened yet. No way I’d order this vaporware.

Hey Nelson...hope all is well! Just to get you up to speed...the preorder DID happen back in December and even if you did want RAZA you can’t order one any longer as the preorder period ended on December 30, 2020. For your reference...

https://deeprootpinball.com/shop/machines

Btw...I’m just playing along assuming you are just trying to be funny in the wrong thread.

#1325 6 months ago

What if the game comes out but theres no pinbar? Does that change anything for you guys?

#1326 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

What if the game comes out but theres no pinbar? Does that change anything for you guys?

It will be on there as sold.

#1327 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I played the prototype, which did not have the Pinbar, at the 2019 Houston Arcade Expo. It doesn't matter to me either way, as long as I get my game.

#1328 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It will be on there as sold.

what if it isn't though?

#1329 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

what if it isn't though?

Guess we’ll just see if that does happen. Likely not.

#1330 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Nope. Take it out. Leave it in. I don’t care

#1331 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Guess we’ll just see if that does happen. Likely not.

JJP ditched the original spinning magnet

#1333 6 months ago

I don’t really care about the pinbar...

Wouldn’t change anything to me, if that would get it out faster...leave it off. They would need to get a service menu back in some way. Maybe like Capcom?

#1334 6 months ago

Sounds like if it’s holding things up they should just ditch it, doesn’t seem to be a deal breaker to anyone. Interesting responses though — as I thought that was 50% of the innovation here? Take that out, your left with the glass lift system. I guess you can count the wrap around back glass. I’m really curious what it would actually feel like to have that stop/go play with the bar... It’s the only innovation gameplay wise, although selecting stuff from the main LCD via flippers seems satisfying too.

#1335 6 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Hey Nelson...hope all is well! Just to get you up to speed...the preorder DID happen back in December and even if you did want RAZA you can’t order one any longer as the preorder period ended on December 30, 2020. For your reference...
https://deeprootpinball.com/shop/machines
Btw...I’m just playing along assuming you are just trying to be funny in the wrong thread.

The name of the thread irks. What’s a “pre-order”? Is that placing an order to place an actual order later? Is it a promise to place an order? Is it a down payment? It’s actually nothing. Because you either have an order or you don’t. But it is fitting, because you’re all probably going to receive “pre-Razas”.

#1336 6 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The name of the thread irks. What’s a “pre-order”? Is that placing an order to place an actual order later? Is it a promise to place an order? Is it a down payment? It’s actually nothing. Because you either have an order or you don’t. But it is fitting, because you’re all probably going to receive “pre-Razas”.

Seems pretty simple, a pre-order is an order for something that is not available yet. Am I missing something?

#1337 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

For me, possibly, but I feel it is a nonissue. The Pinbar will make it into production as it is a significant differentiator with their competition and its impact is being underestimated by most. I appreciate your reasonable question in this thread for those that ordered, as there haven’t been many.

#1338 6 months ago
Quoted from clempo:

Seems pretty simple, a pre-order is an order for something that is not available yet. Am I missing something?

Nope, not missing anything. It’s a common term and definitely shouldn’t be something that “irks” someone.

#1339 6 months ago

I get everyone wants this machine to be made and I'm one of them. But if you read the fine legal print rm said refu do are fist come first serve. To me that indicates a co.pany going g bankrupt. Also it's been said people are not getting paid. I in good conscience can not support a company that does not pay their employees. Just saying

#1340 6 months ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

I get everyone wants this machine to be made and I'm one of them. But if you read the fine legal print rm said refu do are fist come first serve. To me that indicates a co.pany going g bankrupt. Also it's been said people are not getting paid. I in good conscience can not support a company that does not pay their employees. Just saying

No I don’t what you’re saying because you got some crazy typos going.

#1341 6 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Nope, not missing anything. It’s a common term and definitely shouldn’t be something that “irks” someone.

True, common term. I think family arcade was just having a bit of fun and stating the term itself is a bit non sensical - the way it’s used, not just here.

Quoted from Stemmy:

Does that mean your a pre-order.. er, an order that will be asking for a refund?

#1342 6 months ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

True, common term. I think family arcade was just having a bit of fun and stating the term itself is a bit non sensical - the way it’s used, not just here.

Does that mean your a pre-order.. er, an order that will be asking for a refund?

Fuck you on the typos. Don't care. Read the contract and the statements. Have a lawyer look at it, then make a determination. Take all the emotional bs out of it. Read what was said. I'm sorry. I would love this game. But the it's coming down to solvency. If they can't pay people how can they pay for parts.

#1343 6 months ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Fuck you on the typos. Don't care.

That's a pretty interesting reaction from someone who doesn't care.

Quoted from Stemmy:

Have a lawyer look at it, then make a determination.

No?

Quoted from Stemmy:

Take all the emotional bs out of it. Read what was said. I'm sorry. I would love this game. But the it's coming down to solvency. If they can't pay people how can they pay for parts.

The irony here is just too much. Take a breath.

#1344 6 months ago

If someone wants to buy it my preorder.

#1345 6 months ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

That's a pretty interesting reaction from someone who doesn't care.

No?

The irony here is just too much. Take a breath.

Look at it this way. You have an iron clad contact people can not back out of. Which is actually beautifully written. Now your giving people the option to back out of. How does that make sense? Get someone that understands contractual law. Do whatever. But RM has done a bunch of SEC fillings. If he does not offer refunds this opens him up to SEC scrutiny which is far worse than anything we could do because fraud would become involved.

#1346 6 months ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Look at it this way. You have an iron clad contact people can not back out of. Which is actually beautifully written. Now your giving people the option to back out of. How does that make sense? Get someone that understands contractual law. Do whatever. But RM has done a bunch of SEC fillings. If he does not offer refunds this opens him up to SEC scrutiny which is far worse than anything we could do because fraud would become involved.

Ok, your out we get it. Thanks.

#1347 6 months ago

It's not that just be careful. I don't want to see anyone screwed over. This isn't jpop. It's someone far more nefarious. Again read the statement. Refunds are first come first serve. That is a company folding. Its just business I get it.

#1348 6 months ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Those are definitely fair points. I don't disagree that the writing appears to be on the wall at this point however I'm still willing to risk my deposits for the potential reward. If I lose money or end up with a paperweight at the end of the day, I'm ok with that.

#1349 6 months ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Those are definitely fair points. I don't disagree that the writing appears to be on the wall at this point however I'm still willing to risk my deposits for the potential reward. If I lose money or end up with a paperweight at the end of the day, I'm ok with that.

That's fair. I've been fighting it and on the fence. I just see certain language from a lawyer and it should make all of us very nervous. Were are a couple teaser pics give us a little something. Show us a little progress. UL certs are not needed in the US. It's a nice to have. Needed for the EU. Show me some cabs etc. 5 months later after preorders no movement. Was this even ready for preorder?

#1350 6 months ago

I'm not here to start shit but facilitate a true discussion on the possibility that this is never going to happen and that people who need to get their money out do. I support anyone going for the ride and hopefully suceed. I hope I kick myself later.

There are 3,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 66.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside