56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 66.
#651 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It was simply a joke.

That's all you needed to say and I would have given you an upvote had you limited your comment.

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's all you needed to say and I would have given you an upvote had you limited your comment.

No worries long day. Granted I don't know many people that haven't seen Breaking Bad but who knew! I was wrong.

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Who is Saul Goodman?

Dick Hurts knows him..

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Dick Hurts knows him..

And he's a half cousin to I.P. Freely

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

And he's a half cousin to I.P. Freely

Is he related to Mike Hunt?

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Is he related to Mike Hunt?

No, but he is a good friend of Harry Bush.

#657 3 years ago

And his uncle is Richard N. Sider.

#658 3 years ago

I believe he's friends with Adolph Oliver Nipples

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I believe he's friends with Adolph Oliver Nipples

Correct. Lol

#660 3 years ago

Good clean fun in the RAZA thread as we wait for them to ship...

#661 3 years ago

I'm in on an AE #100234. Started my order just a few minutes before close so I would think I'm at the tail end of the orders. Just did the deposit so no line jumping.
I like the 90's feel it seems to have with some new features. Love the art package. Will be patiently waiting.

#662 3 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that was worried, concerned, or thought there was some sinister plot happening, that deeproot’s website is back to normal.

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I'm in on an AE #100234. Started my order just a few minutes before close so I would think I'm at the tail end of the orders. Just did the deposit so no line jumping.
I like the 90's feel it seems have with some new features. Love the art package. Will be patiently waiting.

Congrats!!! And yes...now we wait!

#664 3 years ago

Its almost the middle of the month does anyone know when production will begin?

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Its almost the middle of the month does anyone know when production will begin?

No one on the outside has any idea.

We can reasonably hope for the end of the month, to mid February.

#666 3 years ago

Good summary on the other Deeproot pinball forum by ds_nadine, not bashing DR by any means but a good summary of why the games are sold the way they are...

I agree on his thoughts, I do believe all of us who ordered will experience a delay on receiving our games. I always doubted March delivery dates but they will come eventually and in the end a rare game should be sought after.

#667 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Good summary on the other Deeproot pinball forum by ds_nadine, not bashing DR by any means but a good summary of why the games are sold the way they are...
I agree on his thoughts, I do believe all of us who ordered will experience a delay on receiving our games. I always doubted March delivery dates but they will come eventually and in the end a rare game should be sought after.

Agree.

Just remember rarity doesn’t mean value always or a sought after title. Now on the other hand if it is a great game you may have won the lottery.

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree.
Just remember rarity doesn’t mean value always or a sought after title. Now on the other hand if it is a great game you may have won the lottery.

I didn’t say it would be valuable - just sought after. Maybe valuable, maybe sought after...

People pursue Big Bang Bar because it is rare. I personally like it and the theme...other think the gameplay is only so so.

I like RAZA as a theme and art, game play looks good...

But, hey I own a Fish Tales and I love the game hate the theme.

Not everything is logical, fun is just fun.

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I didn’t say it would be valuable - just sought after. Maybe valuable, maybe sought after...
People pursue Big Bang Bar because it is rare. I personally like it and the theme...other think the gameplay is only so so.
I like RAZA as a theme and art, game play looks good...
But, hey I own a Fish Tales and I love the game hate the theme.
Not everything is logical, fun is just fun.

Now that I think of it - all the people who are trashing the food truck idea can look at Fish Tales and say as a concept think of selling that idea to Williams back in the day. Sure people love fishing but it is not the biggest appeal or market, kind of like Big Buck Hunter for Stern that is based upon the game not actual hunting.

Wait and see - if it is fun it’s fun plain and simple.

Who knows as a concept Food Truck on the surface doesn’t appeal to me but I would say the same of Hot Wheels from American Pinball but man that light show looks cool.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Now that I think of it - all the people who are trashing the food truck idea can look at Fish Tales and say as a concept think of selling that idea to Williams back in the day. Sure people love fishing but it is not the biggest appeal or market, kind of like Big Buck Hunter for Stern that is based upon the game not actual hunting.
Wait and see - if it is fun it’s fun plain and simple.
Who knows as a concept Food Truck on the surface doesn’t appeal to me but I would say the same of Hot Wheels from American Pinball but man that light show looks cool.

Liking your opinions. Especially Fish Tales. Odd title but a rather fun game. For me thats where the light shines on all the BS. To be So firm and convinced Food Truck is a horrible game by only 2 words (title) is literally foolish lol. How can anyone be so smart that they can judge and determine a game by a title?? lol If JJP POTC was named Food Truck by game play I would buy 10!

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Liking your opinions. Especially Fish Tales. Odd title but a rather fun game. For me thats where the light shines on all the BS. To be So firm and convinced Food Truck is a horrible game by only 2 words (title) is literally foolish lol. How can anyone be so smart that they can judge and determine a game by a title?? lol If JJP POTC was named Food Truck by game play I would buy 10!

Heck - I love Getaway (has to have Pinsound) honestly for the lighted beacon during game play. It’s so satisfying- not the deepest game but just plain fun. Pinsound takes it to another level I am sure without Pinsound I would have sold it already.

People like what they like - they just keep throwing Food Truck under the bus and by title I am dismissive too but who knows it could have one thing that makes it unique or cool.

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Heck - I love Getaway (has to have Pinsound) honestly for the lighted beacon during game play. It’s so satisfying- not the deepest game but just plain fun. Pinsound takes it to another level I am sure without Pinsound I would have sold it already.
People like what they like - they just keep throwing Food Truck under the bus and by title I am dismissive too but who knows it could have one thing that makes it unique or cool.

I've been staying out of this Raza drama but reading here and there. Food Truck is just a god awful title. I think that's the main reason. It feels so uninspired.
Just sounds stupid. Who knows though - wait and see but honestly, IMO, I wouldn't touch this company with a 10ft pole. A new company that has blown all of it's deadlines is now asking for a non refundable deposit? You have to be kidding me.

That being said, what many don't understand including Kaneda is that the folks putting down the deposit have made so much fun pinball money to begin with from the boom in the market or rare titles they already own (yelobird being top billing) that they are willing to roll the dice b/c if they actually deliver, you have a group of people in this hobby that are so stupid, they spend 2.5k on a topper, or 2k on a POTC mod - they will pay big for a rare pinball title from one of the famous old school designers no doubt. So you're taking a chance, I get it. If you're not one of those people (who are playing with the houses money already), well, I truly don't understand but best of luck. I will continue watching from the sidelines!

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've been staying out of this Raza drama but reading here and there. Food Truck is just a god awful title. I think that's the main reason. It feels so uninspired.
Just sounds stupid. Who knows though - wait and see but honestly, IMO, I wouldn't touch this company with a 10ft pole. A new company that has blown all of it's deadlines is now asking for a non refundable deposit? You have to be kidding me.

This is the RAZA preorder club. The general deeproot thread is the place for comments like these. They will love you there.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That being said, what many don't understand including Kaneda is that the folks putting down the deposit have made so much fun pinball money to begin with from the boom in the market or rare titles they already own (yelobird being top billing) that they are willing to roll the dice b/c if they actually deliver, you have a group of people in this hobby that are so stupid, they spend 2.5k on a topper, or 2k on a POTC mod - they will pay big for a rare pinball title from one of the famous old school designers no doubt. So you're taking a chance, I get it. If you're not one of those people (who are playing with the houses money already), well, I truly don't understand but best of luck. I will continue watching from the sidelines!

Says the guy that flipped a dozen POTC, Wonka, TBL, and Aliens lol. You did pretty well yourself in the market Mr lol.

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I rarely sell my games, and haven't sold anything in six months. I just want a cool game and RAZA looks super cool.

A bonus is that my credit card has pre-order/non-delivery protection. Failing that the worst case is I'm out $600, which is a risk I'm willing to take.

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like a $7500 game at $5900 minimum.

And very low production, and doesn't hurt that it genuinely looks really fun, while presenting legitimate innovation that some are intrigued by now, and if successful, many will be in the future.

So yeah, -$600 if not produced, or an easy +$1500 value if produced.

Decent odds to me!

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

No one on the outside has any idea.

Noone inside has any idea either. Not only anyone outside and inside has any idea but no one has any idea. All that matters is deep enough pockets to cover production problems no one has ever thought of. RM said preorder money is kept separately and won’t be used for production. We might even not see a single RAZA going out the door in 2021 though that would be the worst case scenario. The best case realistic scenario is first game in q2.

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Says the guy that flipped a dozen POTC, Wonka, TBL, and Aliens lol. You did pretty well yourself in the market Mr lol.

Nothing wrong with flipping my man - not my point. I just know how easy it is to play with the house money. And yes, I can’t complain with some decisions although losing money on GB wasn’t fun haha

Quoted from atrainn:

I rarely sell my games, and haven't sold anything in six months. I just want a cool game and RAZA looks super cool.
A bonus is that my credit card has pre-order/non-delivery protection. Failing that the worst case is I'm out $600, which is a risk I'm willing to take.

There is no chance this CC thing works. Good luck though. I just think it’s interesting how this thing is unfolding. It’s def fun to watch out play out and I hope you guys cash in!

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nothing wrong with flipping my man - not my point. I just know how easy it is to play with the house money. And yes, I can’t complain with some decisions although losing money on GB wasn’t fun haha

There is no chance this CC thing works. Good luck though. I just think it’s interesting how this thing is unfolding. It’s def fun to watch out play out and I hope you guys cash in!

Think your misinterpreting our interest in the game. It looks like a fun New game with many New to pinball elements which look great. You keep referring to Cash Out though I don’t think anyone is looking to buy this as a treasury bond? It’s a game like any other. I have made my money back on a few games and lost just as much with others. Pinball has never and will never be a profit investment.

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Think your misinterpreting our interest in the game. It looks like a fun New game with many New to pinball elements which look great. You keep referring to Cash Out though I don’t think anyone is looking to buy this as a treasury bond? It’s a game like any other. I have made my money back on a few games and lost just as much with others. Pinball has never and will never be a profit investment.

Exactly. Anyone who primarily thinks about the potential financial benefits of pinball is in the hobby for the wrong reason. RAZA looks absolutely fantastic...period. No other reason I ordered one. Like you said, some I’ve sold I’ve made money, most I broke even, and some I’ve lost money. And even then, I look at the enjoyment I had while owning it.

#681 3 years ago

My pinball tech Mike was over today to install Mark Gs Alien apron. It’s an unreal mod!

He has his shop at the place where they streamed Raza and prob has more time on it than anyone outside of DR

He’s a really good player and he thinks Raza is fantastic and we won’t be disappointed

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My pinball tech Mike was over today to install Mark Gs Alien apron. It’s an unreal mod!
He has his shop at the place where they streamed Raza and prob has more time on it than anyone outside of DR
He’s a really good player and he thinks Raza is fantastic and we won’t be disappointed

Wow. That's some positive feedback. Thanks Ice.
Now the only question is.........when does the first machines ship?????

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Good to hear - I am trying to be realistic on when I will receive it...

The other forum is debating DR business model...as usual.

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Good to hear - I am trying to be realistic on when I will receive it...
The other forum is debating DR business model...as usual.

I'm new, so I feed into the other thread a bit. Realized that was a losing battle real quick. Too much history with too much personal investment and too many emotions.

RAZA looks fun, looks good, and looks cutting edge... What's not to like? Everything else Deeproot is looking to accomplish with the platform are things that should have been addressed a decade or more ago. Disagree with the process/execution, but how does anyone disagree with the vision/mission statement?

Pull for success because the whole industry will be better off for it.

#685 3 years ago

I ordered the Arcade edition. The layout looks great. Love the pinbar. And popping the hood to access the playfield is going to pay dividends.

Careless what the haters say!

BALLS

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

I ordered the Arcade edition. The layout looks great. Love the pinbar. And popping the hood to access the playfield is going to pay dividends.
BALLS

Can someone help me with links and pics for this game to go and check it out - curious on this game --Thanks

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Can someone help me with links and pics for this game to go and check it out - curious on this game --Thanks

Heres a link granted they closed the selling window so all thats left is to wait for them to be made.

https://deeprootpinball.com/about/videos

#688 3 years ago

#689 3 years ago

#690 3 years ago

49D1745F-E0F1-41F7-89A4-AA60F4C35849 (resized).jpeg49D1745F-E0F1-41F7-89A4-AA60F4C35849 (resized).jpeg67BD2C42-D0CE-46E2-A083-6826BFE52B14 (resized).jpeg67BD2C42-D0CE-46E2-A083-6826BFE52B14 (resized).jpegF819D0D3-1870-41E2-A808-788788496A45 (resized).jpegF819D0D3-1870-41E2-A808-788788496A45 (resized).jpeg
#691 3 years ago
Quoted from BladesOfSteel:

I'm new, so I feed into the other thread a bit. Realized that was a losing battle real quick. Too much history with too much personal investment and too many emotions.
RAZA looks fun, looks good, and looks cutting edge... What's not to like? Everything else Deeproot is looking to accomplish with the platform are things that should have been addressed a decade or more ago. Disagree with the process/execution, but how does anyone disagree with the vision/mission statement?
Pull for success because the whole industry will be better off for it.

Agree 100%!!!

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

BALLS

Congrats!!!

#693 3 years ago

I thought this forum post was interesting -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-avengers-iq-up-for-sale-

It pretty much sums up what I have said in this forum, that new in box Stern's are pretty uninspiring and do not hold value. To add my two cents and relate it to RAZA, I did not buy it to flip it for a profit, I just hope to not lose a ton of money. I like RAZA as a theme, for me, Marvel movies or themes in comic book forum do not have a strong appeal. Maybe a Deadpool based upon the movie would be different.

People slam unlicensed themes, yet look AIQ, TNMT, and Stranger Things before that - all licensed themes, are not inspiring a huge desire to be "bolted to the floor" posts from Pinside. Blame it on COVID or whatever but I don't think even Led Zeppelin will be a bolt to the floor machine, Cary Hardy had a video that said that machine was basically a juke box with flippers. It could just be Stern though too - JJP GNR and Spooky RM seem to have a strong following still long after release (personally I would like a RM).

Just thought it was worth sharing. Not trying to insult anyone who loves those machines - they may be great - I just think a good unlicensed theme can beat any licensed theme especially if games are already built waiting for the art and them to be slapped on it.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking at these pics sure gets me excited!

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Looking at these pics sure gets me excited!

Same here!

#696 3 years ago

It's nice that they call right before production in case you wanted to add anything/upgrades to the machine order. For me, I am in for an arcade edition and am looking forward to getting a call someday. I did add the toys, neon rubbers and anti-reflective glass, but was contemplating whether or not to get the upgraded colored armor. I'm still on the fence...

On the arcade edition, the area under the backbox that holds that LCD screen, the armor, legs and door looks like a very nice, somewhat industrial stainless steel color, which I do think looks very cool and appealing. Sounds like with the purple-colored armor upgrade that area under the backbox remains that gray color (although It does seem that the majority is covered by that longer LCD screen) and the armor, lock down bar, legs and coin door are the areas that get that colored upgrade, which is also nice and I think is a good color choice for the theme. I'm on the fence. I think they both look cool.

Is anyone thats in for an arcade edition going to stay with the arcade gray armor color, or is anyone going to get the purple armor upgrade? It's all about one's personal preferences and to each their own, just curious who made the decision to go with various colors and why.

#697 3 years ago

ChipScott I am going with the Stainless on a AE. I added the Toys, Neon, Lighting and spare parts to my order. I like the Stainless look but think they both look great but the fact the part around the LCD couldn't be matched also is why I wasn't sure about it without seeing it. I thought if after I like what I was seeing with the purple I could just send it out myself to get done all the pieces with the LCD part if it's able to be removed.

Was the Glass a Standard size? Could the anti-reflective glass just be added later? I'm on the fence on that and will probably add that if I can to the order.

#698 3 years ago

Glass is not standard size, see the faq at the top

#699 3 years ago

I went arcade, toy and lighting upgrade.

Probably change things up when they call.

Wanted the neon rings, however titans bulk neon rings bag at $65 will do a couple machines.

Really wanted the extra edition but can't seem to get over that backbox. (The gap in particular)
Really wish I could see it in person as that changes ones perspective quite often and the glowing cabinent is stunning. Wonder if they'd let you change editions on that last call? Either way probably end up adding stuff.

I'm excited! Mostly for something new and dare I say different. Hoping for the best with the knowledge life goes on either way.

We were informed of the schedule. There was no reason to mislead us and they could of used different timeframes. I believe they told us the truth. or...at this moment there is no or in my mind.

That said, first inline should be getting that call very soon.

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

ChipScott I am going with the Stainless on a AE. I added the Toys, Neon, Lighting and spare parts to my order. I like the Stainless look but think they both look great but the fact the part around the LCD couldn't be matched also is was I wasn't sure about without seeing it. I thought if after I like what I was seeing with the purple I could just send it out myself to get done all the pieces with the LCD part if it's able to be removed.
Was the Glass a Standard size? Could the anti-reflective glass just be added later? I'm on the fence on that and will probably add that if I can to the order.

Forgot to mention, I also added the lighting upgrade to my order, I think that'll be great on this machine...stoked to see these in person!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.