56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 66.
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I was watching Robert go over the comparison video of the Arcade vs Xtra.
That illuminated side panel on the cab was just too cool. Way better than the port hole Jpop was proposing.

The Xtra cabinet is badass for sure!

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Did anyone copy the list of extras with the prices? Topper is still on the table for me but I can’t remember how much the neon rubbers cost.

I believe the neon rubbers are $100.

#603 3 years ago

Thanks for all the responses so far...keep em coming! THIS is what pinball is all about...having fun and being excited about a new company with tons of potential and their first title...RAZA!!!

#604 3 years ago

This is another one of those games that come along and looks very special. I hope everyone gets their game and myself included!
I can’t wait to see the cabinet and backbox artwork in person. I’m excited!

#605 3 years ago

Has everyone downloaded and setup the PinAcess Deeproot phone app. I have mine set, rather simple and a nice interface.

#606 3 years ago

Do we have any insight into whether they are doing another run of RAZA after this Jan-Feb batch? It can't be preorders and then done forever.

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Do we have any insight into whether they are doing another run of RAZA after this Jan-Feb batch?

From the Deeproot site:

Q: Will there be more RAZA's to buy later on?
A: We will never make RAZA again. However, we will round up our production lots; meaning there will be a few extra units available after the run. We will sell those for the real price of $8,000 base price for the Arcade Edition, and $13,000 flat fee for the Xtra Edition. Those real prices reflect the market value of the technology and standard components of the machines, and do not reflect the current discounts provided for start up risk and delays in receiving games.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Do we have any insight into whether they are doing another run of RAZA after this Jan-Feb batch?

Some of your answers can be found in the FAQ in the yellow box towards the top of this page...

https://deeprootpinball.com/shop/machines

They will never make RAZA again...this is the one and only run.

#609 3 years ago

OP beat me by 41 seconds! Lol

#610 3 years ago

happyclan if you haven’t seen this yet you may find it of interest...

https://deeprootpinball.com/about/upcoming-games

#611 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

happyclan if you haven’t seen this yet you may find it of interest...
https://deeprootpinball.com/about/upcoming-games

Thanks wrb1977 . It does say they'll have the production round ups at premium. But round up to what? 199 pins gets rounded to 200 or 1,000?

#612 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Thanks wrb1977 . It does say they'll have the production round ups at premium. But round up to what? 199 pins gets rounded to 200 or 1,000?

I think once RAZA starts shipping there’s going to be a lot of people hoping it gets rounded to 1000!

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Has everyone downloaded and setup the PinAcess Deeproot phone app. I have mine set, rather simple and a nice interface.

Unfortunately not as they don't appear to have android support yet.

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

From the Deeproot site:
Q: Will there be more RAZA's to buy later on?
A: We will never make RAZA again. However, we will round up our production lots; meaning there will be a few extra units available after the run. We will sell those for the real price of $8,000 base price for the Arcade Edition, and $13,000 flat fee for the Xtra Edition. Those real prices reflect the market value of the technology and standard components of the machines, and do not reflect the current discounts provided for start up risk and delays in receiving games.

I would take that with the BIGGEST grain of salt...

6 years of trying to get this off the ground, and they are going to take orders for 20 some odd days only, ever?

No, just no.

After they figure out how to manufacture a game, and make money on it, they will seek out more orders.

#615 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I would take that with the BIGGEST grain of salt...
6 years of trying to get this off the ground, and they are going to take orders for 20 some odd days only, ever?
No, just no.
After they figure out how to manufacture a game, and make money on it, they will seek out more orders.

duly noted.

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:I would take that with the BIGGEST grain of salt...
No, just no.

^this.

The only reason I can think of not to do it would be the RAZA machine has design defects that they can't get around for this build. In short, this is a mass produced prototype. Small run keeps complaints small and manageable for hotfixes and such. Roll the Ford Model A before the mass build of the Model T. Pure speculation but trying to find a rational reason for 20 day order window too. I confuse.

#617 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

^this.
The only reason I can think of not to do it would be the RAZA machine has design defects that they can't get around for this build. In short, this is a mass produced prototype. Small run keeps complaints small and manageable for hotfixes and such. Roll the Ford Model A before the mass build of the Model T. Pure speculation but trying to find a rational reason for 20 day order window too. I confuse.

Anything is possible but in my opinion and a few conversations with DR it sounded like the primary interest in clearing this title was to fullfill those (previous company) promises and obligations that ordered this title. And to do a test run of the production line. Again, just a Guess but I think this was a good will run and nothing more. Would love to see it run again but time will tell.

#618 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Anything is possible but in my opinion and a few conversations with DR it sounded like the primary interest in clearing this title was to fullfill those (previous company) promises and obligations that ordered this title. And to do a test run of the production line. Again, just a Guess but I think this was a good will run and nothing more. Would love to see it run again but time will tell.

This is what I have been told also. RAZA is done and on to next new pins.

#619 3 years ago

Raza is done. You’ll never see it again.
This is a marketing model they should stick to with every game.
It’s brilliant!

#620 3 years ago

I agree with the sentiment, never say never, but I do think this will be the only run of RAZA due to all of the circumstances surrounding it. Deeproot is ready to move on. However, if they do someday do another run of RAZA it will be well after they release the other pins they have on their upcoming titles page.

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I agree with the sentiment, never say never, but I do think this will be the only run of RAZA due to all of the circumstances surrounding it. Deeproot is ready to move on. However, if they do someday do another run of RAZA it will be well after they release the other pins they have on their upcoming titles page.

When it's ever 'in the house' I'll be letting out this long held sigh.

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

When it's ever 'in the house' I'll be letting out this long held sigh.

“In the house” is all that really matters now...it’s crunch time!

#623 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Raza is done. You’ll never see it again.
This is a marketing model they should stick to with every game.
It’s brilliant!

This. This is going to sell out every game. They are going to sell tons of game due to FOMO and raza is going to be a modern day BBB. Rare and desired. Makes no sense in a typical market but is a great strategy for a collectible. Basically it's a real LE but without the flippers. They will sell as many as they can within 30 days then that's it.

#624 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This. This is going to sell out every game. They are going to sell tons of game due to FOMO and raza is going to be a modern day BBB. Rare and desired. Makes no sense in a typical market but is a great strategy for a collectible. Basically it's a real LE but without the flippers. They will sell as many as they can within 30 days then that's it.

...yeah but at the prices they sold them and the low quantity they aren’t making hardly any money on them (disregarding the years of effort sunk into them).

They could do this fomo bs every game but either prices gotta go up or quantity sold needs to go way up.

#625 3 years ago

Some Sunday morning hype.

#626 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

...yeah but at the prices they sold them and the low quantity they aren’t making hardly any money on them (disregarding the years of effort sunk into them).
They could do this fomo bs every game but either prices gotta go up or quantity sold needs to go way up.

How is spooky making money then and staying in business?

#627 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Some Sunday morning hype.

Thanks! Been awhile since I watched that...can’t wait!!!

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How is spooky making money then and staying in business?

By actually actually designing, manufacturing, and shipping games in a timely fashion.

#629 3 years ago

Hey guys

Despite my pessimism in the other thread, I want to sincerely wish all of you the very best. There is still a long ways to go yet but if you guys benefit in the end, that's all that really matters.

Interesting to note that both threads have slowed as we enter an intriguing phase of this long drama. Will games be shipped on time and with what level of quality.

Wrb1977, I couldn't find any Mad Elf in my area but from you or anyone in this thread, I will gladly accept beer or drink recommendations that pair with a plate of crow.

#630 3 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

By actually actually designing, manufacturing, and shipping games in a timely fashion.

ZING!! HBO is probably going to be calling when you're slinging such edgy humor. Nice work.

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hey guys
Despite my pessimism in the other thread, I want to sincerely wish all of you the very best. There is still a long ways to go yet but if you guys benefit in the end, that's all that really matters.
Interesting to note that both threads have slowed as we enter an intriguing phase of this long drama. Will games be shipped on time and with what level of quality.
Wrb1977, I couldn't find any Mad Elf in my area but from you or anyone in this thread, I will gladly accept beer or drink recommendations that pair with a plate of crow.

Thanks Kim! Agreed...we are in the rubber meets the road, crunch time, sink or swim, etc. phase. Nothing that has happened to this point matters. Like you said, there really is nothing to talk about at the moment.

Don’t sweat not finding the Mad Elf as it was one of those beers where the more I drank it the less I liked it! Unlike many, you have been fair in your skepticism and criticism of deeproot. Time will tell on who eats crow...I’m hoping it’s the majority in the other thread as crow doesn’t sound very tasty...unless maybe it tastes like chicken?

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

ZING!! HBO is probably going to be calling when you're slinging such edgy humor. Nice work.

He HAD to be joking when he said Spooky ships games in a “timely fashion”.

#633 3 years ago

Does anyone know if they have should the Xtra topper yet?

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Does anyone know if they have should the Xtra topper yet?

They noted Q2 on Xtra version topper.

#635 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

He HAD to be joking when he said Spooky ships games in a “timely fashion”.

IDK where you're head is at but bottom line? Spooky announces games and builds games, which they then ship. My R&M, which arrived less than a year after I ordered it, is case in point.

As a new startup, deeproot should aspire to Be Like Spooky. Period.

#636 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

IDK where you're head is at but bottom line? Spooky announces games and builds games, which they then ship. My R&M, which arrived less than a year after I ordered it, is case in point.
As a new startup, deeproot should aspire to Be Like Spooky. Period.

That was not a knock against Spooky, but I can see how it could be taken that way. Please let me clarify what I meant. I like some of Spooky’s pins and absolutely admire what they have accomplished. Their business model works for them and they purposely are limiting their production capabilities. The downside of that is they can only ship a limited number of pins each week, therefore, many customers are waiting a very long time for delivery due to the number of pins sold. I realize this is by design and part of their business model. A year is not in a “timely fashion” in my opinion, but works for them. Sorry again if it sounded like I was knocking Spooky, I was not.

#637 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

That was not a knock against Spooky, but I can see how it could be taken that way. Please let me clarify what I meant. I like some of Spooky’s pins and absolutely admire what they have accomplished. Their business model works for them and they purposely are limiting their production capabilities. The downside of that is they can only ship a limited number of pins each week, therefore, many customers are waiting a very long time for delivery due to the number of pins sold. I realize this is by design and part of their business model. A year is not in a “timely fashion” in my opinion, but works for them. Sorry again if it sounded like I was knocking Spooky, I was not.

I thought I read somewhere that Spooky was looking to team up with Chicago Gaming and Ben Heck on there next machine inorder to get more production space.

#638 3 years ago

RAZA!RAZA!RAZA!

Lot of speculation on how Deep Root should run their business. One thing I do know is that it must be a hell of a lot of stress but also a lot of fun to create your company’s first pinball machine and one of this caliber. (I know, it hasn’t happened yet!) But making one single amazing machine doesn’t make a company.

Having a manufacturing assembly line THAT PRODUCES MACHINES IN A TIMELY FASHION is absolutely critical to the success of a PROFITABLE and LONG TERM company. By offering a limited run, this gives your company the opportunity to go through this process from cradle to grave and then identify what you did wrong, problem solve and make adjustments.

Hopefully the well doesn’t run dry and they make it happen.

I’ve already commented earlier why having a limited run is the perfect marketing model in regards to “marketing” your product when starting a pinball company.
If their first machine plays great and is reliable, their next machine(even Food Truck) will be sold out. This is similiar to Spooky’s model. It works.
Plus Deep Root will have most of the capital necessary to produce their next machine by selling out immediately. ZERO SPECUALTION is the other key that’s critical to the SHORT TERM success of a pinball company imo. (First 10 years).

I’m blown away by the quality of the product offering fo a company’s first machine. Very excited.

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

RAZA!RAZA!RAZA!
Lot of speculation on how Deep Root should run their business. One thing I do know is that it must be a hell of a lot of stress but also a lot of fun to create your company’s first pinball machine and one of this caliber. (I know, it hasn’t happened yet!) But making one single amazing machine doesn’t make a company.
Having a manufacturing assembly line THAT PRODUCES MACHINES IN A TIMELY FASHION is absolutely critical to the success of a PROFITABLE and LONG TERM company. By offering a limited run, this gives your company the opportunity to go through this process from cradle to grave and then identify what you did wrong, problem solve and make adjustments.
Hopefully the well doesn’t run dry and they make it happen.
I’ve already commented earlier why having a limited run is the perfect marketing model in regards to “marketing” your product when starting a pinball company.
If their first machine plays great and is reliable, their next machine(even Food Truck) will be sold out. This is similiar to Spooky’s model. It works.
Plus Deep Root will have most of the capital necessary to produce their next machine by selling out immediately. ZERO SPECUALTION is the other key that’s critical to the SHORT TERM success of a pinball company imo. (First 10 years).
I’m blown away by the quality of the product offering fo a company’s first machine. Very excited.

VERY excited!

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Some of your answers can be found in the FAQ in the yellow box towards the top of this page...
https://deeprootpinball.com/shop/machines
They will never make RAZA again...this is the one and only run.

Not good when you get dead links ...

The FAQ on shipping games and other topics is gone now too.

Not going to downplay this ... or rationalize this ... not what I like to see.

Doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling. A good company would recognize these issues and address it.

A person could email them but it would be some justification...I hope I am wrong and they have new content. But, most companies get content on and don’t deadlink stuff.

#641 3 years ago

Most of the links are broken on the site. Smells like a technical issue with the site vs something more sinister.

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling. A good company would recognize these issues and address it.
A person could email them but it would be some justification...I hope I am wrong and they have new content. But, most companies get content on and don’t deadlink stuff.

The game is no longer for sale as they made very clear from the start. No conspiracy they simply Removed links to the game no longer for sale as they are no longer of value to anyone other then those that are now customers. Plus they appear to be converting over the site to the app format to log players and content. Same as the app I was asking about and registered for previously.

#643 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I’m not worried one bit. I think you are over analyzing this and making a big deal out of what I assume to be nothing.

God I can’t wait until these games ship so all this madness stops!

#644 3 years ago

Hey I am just being realistic and I agree not a sinister sign but what would have been wrong with leaving content up?

They could have created new links to pinball news article on RAZA - that would have been easy.

Just saying you make content you don’t deadlink stuff.

You guys are very optimistic. Wow not even a little bit concerned. Good for you...

When the game ships or we start see some builds I guess fears can fade.

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Hey I am just being realistic and I agree not a sinister sign but what would have been wrong with leaving content up?
They could have created new links to pinball news article on RAZA - that would have been easy.
Just saying you make content you don’t deadlink stuff.
You guys are very optimistic. Wow not even a little bit concerned. Good for you...
When the game ships or we start see some builds I guess fears can fade.

Ok I will amend my posts - I see they made the content only available if you use your account.

Why don’t they just make the content link to a log-in screen?

Just bad optics that lead the other forum posts to think the worst.

I am just not as convinced as you guys are that this will all work out without issue. I am realistic, I have been saying that I am OK with delays and honestly expect it.

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Ok I will amend my posts - I see they made the content only available if you use your account.
Why don’t they just make the content link to a log-in screen?
Just bad optics that lead the other forum posts to think the worst.
I am just not as convinced as you guys are that this will all work out without issue. I am realistic, I have been saying that I am OK with delays and honestly expect it.

It’s Saul Goodman. Like the owners group I suspect DR doesn’t care what the other forum group think as they will simply make it up as they go anyway. Give it time these will roll.

#647 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s Saul Goodman. Like the owners group I suspect DR doesn’t care what the other forum group think as they will simply make it up as they go anyway. Give it time these will roll.

Strange marketing though....

I can see why Pinside is toxic...but he ain’t wrong with pointing out strange way some things are handled.

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s Saul Goodman

Who is Saul Goodman?

#649 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Who is Saul Goodman?

Cousin to Hugh Jass

#650 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Who is Saul Goodman?

It was simply a joke. Granted anything DR related has to be analyzed so I should have stuck with simple talk.

saul3 (resized).jpgsaul3 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club/page/13?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.