56BB222B-9578-4793-8975-95727AD0EB2D.gif
BD7625E7-40E3-403A-84E4-B263F7215220.gif
84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 66.
#551 11 months ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Looks like the glass height is the limiter here, not the topper! If you can open the glass all the way, then the topper is lower.
And if anyone wants to order different options, they might want to do that soon since it's a limited run and changing options could potentially delay your build if the parts are not on hand.

That is 100% correct, the 2nd service position (glass all the way up) is the maximum height, even higher than the topper.

Good advice on adding options!

#552 11 months ago

I only put a deposit down on an AE so I expect to be in the last batch anyways. Another day should not hurt my chances of adding to the order but for those of you who ordered the Xtra, I would reach out sooner than later.

#553 11 months ago

You all sound like games are coming soon - I guess I was a realist thinking if I got my game before the summer I would be surprised and honestly being in the later batches I thought would be a good thing so they can work stuff out in production. Just the arcade edition - deposit only.

I just think they are wildly unrealistic in their production goals.

#554 11 months ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

You all sound like games are coming soon - I guess I was a realist thinking if I got my game before the summer I would be surprised and honestly being in the later batches I thought would be a good thing so they can work stuff out in production. Just the arcade edition - deposit only.

I’m with you as far as being realistic goes. If I get anything before the end of April I will be pleasantly surprised. Now that I think about there really was not much you could add to the Xtra edition anyways. I guess it really only matters for those that paid in full for the AE who would get their games sooner.

#555 11 months ago

Have been following the DeepRoot thread since day one, now I'm following this one as well! Very refreshing to see a positive spin instead of all the negativity!
Good Luck guys hope your games arrive in a timely manner... looks like a fun game !

#556 11 months ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I used that same line of thinking as well...later in production may be a good thing. I’m hoping for Q1 2021, but I’m realistic as well. I understand there may be delays as this is their first title to go into production.

There are two things very important to me...
1) Everyone gets the RAZA they ordered in a reasonable amount of time.
2) If there are delays, deeproot needs to keep all of us that ordered RAZA informed by keeping the lines of communication wide open and transparent with regular updates. Communication can make or break a company...just let us know what’s going on. Delays happen, customers will be much more understanding if they aren’t left in the dark.

#557 11 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Have been following the DeepRoot thread since day one, now I'm following this one as well! Very refreshing to see a positive spin instead of all the negativity!
Good Luck guys hope your games arrive in a timely manner... looks like a fun game !

Thanks!

#558 11 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I used that same line of thinking as well...later in production may be a good thing. I’m hoping for Q1 2021, but I’m realistic as well. I understand there may be delays as this is their first title to go into production.
There are two things very important to me...
1) Everyone gets the RAZA they ordered in a reasonable amount of time.
2) If there are delays, deeproot needs to keep all of us that ordered RAZA informed by keeping the lines of communication wide open and transparent with regular updates. Communication can make or break a company...just let us know what’s going on. Delays happen, customers will be much more understanding if they aren’t left in the dark.

I think - just a guess - production does not really even start until February and then its still is months for machines. Just being realistic...seems like a couple hundred machines can be built by June.

Lets hope that when they start building them and your serial # comes up to be built they email you. It would be like the pizza tracker at Dominos Pizza....your machine is being built etc.

#559 11 months ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I think - just a guess - production does not really even start until February and then its still is months for machines. Just being realistic...seems like a couple hundred machines can be built by June.
Lets hope that when they start building them and your serial # comes up to be built they email you. It would be like the pizza tracker at Dominos Pizza....your machine is being built etc.

Ha! I love it...it’s like an expensive pizza!

I hope they stick to the schedule they set forth, but I agree your timeline may be more realistic. We shall see!

#560 11 months ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

This is my favorite aspect of Domino's. The pizza tracker, even if not accurate, is exactly what I want from a big box chain.

Their Brooklyn Style pizza, isn't actually bad either. As much as I try to avoid chains, when so many local pizza shops exist. (Wish I could honestly call them pizzarias....but in West. PA, that's not really a colloquiasm.)

And yeah....I hope games get into production, and I hope a January update occurs, and I hope a game is shipped in February. That's my....well, hope. I wouldn't expect all games ordered to ve shipped prior to late Spring.

We shall see..!

#561 11 months ago

Timeline promised only thing that works for me. Anything else is bs.

#562 11 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

This is my favorite aspect of Domino's. The pizza tracker, even if not accurate, is exactly what I want from a big box chain.
Their Brooklyn Style pizza, isn't actually bad either. As much as I try to avoid chains, when so many local pizza shops exist. (Wish I could honestly call them pizzarias....but in West. PA, that's not really a colloquiasm.)
And yeah....I hope games get into production, and I hope a January update occurs, and I hope a game is shipped in February. That's my....well, hope. I wouldn't expect all games ordered to ve shipped prior to late Spring.
We shall see..!

Ok I can stomach Deeproot speculation but Please don’t compare Dominoes to Any good pizza. In Chicago I am amazed they sell any personally.

#563 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok I can stomach Deeproot speculation but Please don’t compare Dominoes to Any good pizza. In Chicago I am amazed they sell any personally.

Its not the worst - but their carry out special is decent for $5.99 you get a couple items can't really be beat. Its not like a meal at Subway costs $5 anymore. Heck I feel robbed after I get a sub at Subway there are so many places you can get better for food for less.

Sorry to be off topic - its not the best pizza but the pizza tracker could be the build tracker Deeproot trademark - like the PINBAR trademark - or the PINBOX or whatever the wood box is called.

#564 11 months ago

Mmm pizza. Food Truck may have a pizza mode or something.

#565 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oh, it's not good pizza. It's..."servicable" pizza. Like a Mickie D's cheeseburger to a real burger.

Side note, and don't remind me of this so often damn it!, but when you so kindly and often invite people to your crib to play your pins, that would be faaaar second on my itinerary. First, go hang with you at your fave deep dish, and Italian Beef spots!!!

That one time I went in, for the 35th Pac-Man birthday, man oh man did I make that my delishly...and sickening, mission that weekend!

(By the way, not fishing for an invite! But seriously, I'd tour some food and brew spots with ya in a second!)

#566 11 months ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Oh yes i forgot your 36 super rich and know everything because you can afford a few games this year like the big boys. I realise you know everything and thank god I have you,,, Whew what would I do with out your guidence , lmfao SHUT UP DUDE you're such a tool. Semper Fi dude

I'm happy you posted that. I'm glad I could help you out. Take care now.

#567 10 months ago

Update: I called Deeproot and was informed that they can add most options to your order easily right before final assembly. They said they would be calling customers directly right before final assembly of their particular machine to confirm any options they might want to add. They also noted they would be collecting final payment at that time once all options were finalized. So it sounds like they have most of the parts they need already with extra to add options to existing orders.

#568 10 months ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Update: I called Deeproot and was informed that they can add most options to your order easily right before final assembly. They said they would be calling customers directly right before final assembly of their particular machine to confirm any options they might want to add. They also noted they would be collecting final payment at that time once all options were finalized. So it sounds like they have most of the parts they need already with extra to add options to existing orders.

Thanks for sharing!

#569 10 months ago

they have most of the parts

Only most of the needed parts can’t produce a single machine. It’s reason for concern not euphoria.

#570 10 months ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Only most of the needed parts can’t produce a single machine. It’s reason for concern not euphoria.

#571 10 months ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I am quoting my own post because it was mentioned in Kaneda's Podcast - I wish him well and a speedy recovery from COVID19 - but maybe it is foolish to think June is OK, its just a deposit to me on something that looks cool. I am taking a risk - sure - on an unproven company but I have owned a few Sterns and nothing they have been pushing out lately looks cool to me. Led Zeppelin - no thanks, AIQ comic book style - no thanks. I guess I have felt left behind by what Stern is producing, I have played JJP stuff but never got into it (have not seen a Pirates or GNR yet), Spooky stuff has been getting better (liked Alice Cooper - I heard it required lots of tweaks or little fixes to issues to get them to just play) and I am sure I would have liked a Rick and Morty but selling out in a day site unseen didn't leave much of an opportunity to decide.

I am not reconsidering whether placing a deposit was foolish - it was just a bet on something I would like to have, a risk I was willing to take with my money.
But, just like Deeproot the idea of American Pinball maybe changing course (new designer) and making something not STERN'ish appeals to me. Maybe that is just the appeal of RAZA, or GNR, or RM - it is not Stern where things look cheap and uninspiring. Sure Stern has a license for something popular but is the license meaningful when it is AIQ comic book style versus the movie, think what Deadpool could have been like if it was movie based not comic book (still a great game - one of the better recent Sterns).

I know Kaneda can have his haters and his followers but he is not wrong really - he just said people saw risks and still went forward. He also said stop bashing Deeproot and move on haters they (meaning us in this forum) did it willingly and no point in bitching about it. Again, I wish Kaneda well, get better, take care you got a baby Kaneda on the way - thanks for quoting my June ETA post but I don't know if you got what I was saying. Its $600, yeah it is not nothing, its like kickstarter its cool to me and I want it, I will take the risk. Hell, as I write this post the marketplace ads above the box are for $349 Pinstadiums - if we cared about every damn penny we spent would anyone in their right mind pay that much for LED lights. Or $1000 toppers - HUGE ripoffs - and I am supposed to worry about RAZA now. Come on, there is plenty of foolish ways to spend money in pinball...the difference for me is if it does not happen (which I highly doubt) I will lick my wounds and move on. One more thing to relate, people bash Deeproot because their next game or whatever but yet Pinball Brothers are not talking about anything beyond Alien and they get a pass, I am not looking at Deeproot's next game just focused on RAZA and I am OK with that.

#572 10 months ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I am quoting my own post because it was mentioned in Kaneda's Podcast - I wish him well and a speedy recovery from COVID19 - but maybe it is foolish to think June is OK, its just a deposit to me on something that looks cool. I am taking a risk - sure - on an unproven company but I have owned a few Sterns and nothing they have been pushing out lately looks cool to me. Led Zeppelin - no thanks, AIQ comic book style - no thanks. I guess I have felt left behind by what Stern is producing, I have played JJP stuff but never got into it (have not seen a Pirates or GNR yet), Spooky stuff has been getting better (liked Alice Cooper - I heard it required lots of tweaks or little fixes to issues to get them to just play) and I am sure I would have liked a Rick and Morty but selling out in a day site unseen didn't leave much of an opportunity to decide.
I am not reconsidering whether placing a deposit was foolish - it was just a bet on something I would like to have, a risk I was willing to take with my money.
But, just like Deeproot the idea of American Pinball maybe changing course (new designer) and making something not STERN'ish appeals to me. Maybe that is just the appeal of RAZA, or GNR, or RM - it is not Stern where things look cheap and uninspiring. Sure Stern has a license for something popular but is the license meaningful when it is AIQ comic book style versus the movie, think what Deadpool could have been like if it was movie based not comic book (still a great game - one of the better recent Sterns).
I know Kaneda can have his haters and his followers but he is not wrong really - he just said people saw risks and still went forward. He also said stop bashing Deeproot and move on haters they (meaning us in this forum) did it willingly and no point in bitching about it. Again, I wish Kaneda well, get better, take care you got a baby Kaneda on the way - thanks for quoting my June ETA post but I don't know if you got what I was saying. Its $600, yeah it is not nothing, its like kickstarter its cool to me and I want it, I will take the risk. Hell, as I write this post the marketplace ads above the box are for $349 Pinstadiums - if we cared about every damn penny we spent would anyone in their right mind pay that much for LED lights. Or $1000 toppers - HUGE ripoffs - and I am supposed to worry about RAZA now. Come on, there is plenty of foolish ways to spend money in pinball...the difference for me is if it does not happen (which I highly doubt) I will lick my wounds and move on. One more thing to relate, people bash Deeproot because their next game or whatever but yet Pinball Brothers are not talking about anything beyond Alien and they get a pass, I am not looking at Deeproot's next game just focused on RAZA and I am OK with that.

I’m with you 100%...great attitude and perspective!!!

#573 10 months ago

So...those of you that have ordered RAZA, what are you most excited about or looking forward to when you get your RAZA? It could be anything...the theme, artwork, PinBar, gameplay, rules, animations, sounds, call outs, the ultra wide display, a particular shot, a particular mech, the PinPod, seeing what’s actually “under the hood”, kicking Ned’s ass, defeating the zombie horde, it not being just another uninspired Stern, the shade of green used, counting coils, examining the quality of the balls it shipped with, etc. Literally anything! The rules are you can only pick one specific thing. I will chime in a later time that I feel is appropriate as it is my game and my rules!

Thanks in advance for participating...let’s hear it...

#574 10 months ago

I am looking forward to Hopefully an End to all the speculation, rumor, assumption, theory, FUD, assumed history, associated with this company. Likely won't end but thats my hope as an answer along with what looks like a really fun shooting game and New pinball direction.

#575 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

what are you most excited about or looking forward to when you get your RAZA

The JPop magic = realm of imagination noone else can create

#576 10 months ago

What I’m looking forward to is the pinball “moments” flipping a new game brings. When you flip a new game and learn/beat modes for the first time it is always great.

My wife has really gotten into Elvira HoH and it will be fun to have some drinks and play against each other on a fresh pin. I only have room for 4 pins so I’m hoping RAZA will be one that has lasting appeal like Elvira HoH has so far. I love B movie themes so Elvira and RAZA are right up my alley.

#577 10 months ago

Why would anyone put $ for the Xtra when you can upgrade from Arcade? Or do I have that wrong?

#578 10 months ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Why would anyone put $ for the Xtra when you can upgrade from Arcade? Or do I have that wrong?

Because when you add all the options it costs more?

#579 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Because when you add all the options it costs more?

Sorry my question wasn’t complete.

I’m just asking why you wouldn’t just put a down on arcade in order to derisk any failure to deliver.

#580 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

So...those of you that have ordered RAZA, what are you most excited about or looking forward to when you get your RAZA? It could be anything...the theme, artwork, PinBar, gameplay, rules, animations, sounds, call outs, the ultra wide display, a particular shot, a particular mech, the PinPod, seeing what’s actually “under the hood”, kicking Ned’s ass, defeating the zombie horde, it not being just another uninspired Stern, the shade of green used, counting coils, examining the quality of the balls it shipped with, etc. Literally anything! The rules are you can only pick one specific thing. I will chime in a later time that I feel is appropriate as it is my game and my rules!
Thanks in advance for participating...let’s hear it...

I am for sure excited of the build and features only JPOP would ever attempt at producing. Cirqus Voltaire is still one of my all time faves and this looks like a spiritual successor in every way. From the amusement park theme, to the numerous features that look beyond amazing to bash a ball into. It will also be great for Horrorhouse Fest since the overall vibe and theme revolves around the rooms I love building for a hauntcade experience. Trading in the TMNT LE I have now for this, as I'm still totally unsure why I bought that game anyways. This will for sure be the perfect fit!

#581 10 months ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I think the sticking points are that there were Xtra specific features you could not upgrade on the Arcade such as the mechanical Ned, the light up sides, the nicer art, the planned mechanical topper, and the fancier back box. As much as I loved the look of the light up sides and better art on the Xtra I could not justify the price difference.

#582 10 months ago

I think the sticking points are that there were Xtra specific features you could not upgrade on the Arcade such as the mechanical Ned, the light up sides, the nicer art, the planned mechanical topper, and the fancier back box. As much as I loved the look of the light up sides and better art on the Xtra I could not justify the price difference.

Gotcha. Well, I missed the pre-order. Has anyone been able to place an order AFTER the preorder closed? So much going on over holiday.

#583 10 months ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Gotcha. Well, I missed the pre-order. Has anyone been able to place an order AFTER the preorder closed? So much going on over holiday.

Pre-Order for all Raza is closed and done. No additional orders as they noted unless there happens to be excess parts to make a game or 2 a a premium cost.

#584 10 months ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Sorry my question wasn’t complete.
I’m just asking why you wouldn’t just put a down on arcade in order to derisk any failure to deliver.

I guess for me my "derisk" was the fact that the Xtra was noted as first out the door so my strategy was to get a few of the first 5 Just incase they faltered like Suncoast did (I secured #001) at 20 games. Hedged bet I guess. None the less, I personally have no worries about this title and volume clearing the runway.

#585 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pre-Order for all Raza is closed and done. No additional orders as they noted unless there happens to be excess parts to make a game or 2 a a premium cost.

Yep, you can always try to get in on any extra stock now but you will be paying that premium.

#586 10 months ago

Yep, you can always try to get in on any extra stock now but you will be paying that premium.

Thanks UnholySpectacle
Well, if anyone here wants to have a buyer on extra pins, at premium of course, then PM me.

#587 10 months ago

I pulled the trigger on the extra. Although the arcade looks great also. I am looking forward to playing it and I think it will be a good investment as they are only making a few. I did not purchase it to flip, I like the whole design including the pinbar. Lots of innovations in this product that you just do not see anywhere yet.

#588 10 months ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I did not purchase it to flip,

Did you buy it just to look at?? JK>

#589 10 months ago

I contacted Deeproot also via email and received a reply extremely fast in regards to adding more options to the game and it was a yes you can..

This game is going to be fantastic.

By the way it was a reply from Robert M.. talk about customer service.

Thanks Deeproot!!!!!!!!!

#590 10 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I contacted Deeproot also via email and received a reply extremely fast in regards to adding more options to the game and it was a yes you can..
This game is going to be fantastic.
By the way it was a reply from Robert M.. talk about customer service.
Thanks Deeproot!!!!!!!!!

OK - you think it is a good thing Robert answers inquiries directly not someone on staff? Remember I have a deposit in - not throwing barbs - just says that is a pretty small staff. I see the good in it...I see the potential bad. I think for where they are at as a company it is boutique like Spooky so it is OK.

#591 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you buy it just to look at?? JK>

Meant to say resell of course I am going to flip the heck out of it lol.

#592 10 months ago

Added Topper, glass and GI lights. Glad this option is available.

#593 10 months ago

I went in for the arcade with some upgrades. The other version definitely looked cool with the wraparound lighted backbox and lighted cabinet, no doubt, but the price difference was pretty steep. I did upgrade to the better glass and GI lighting, neon rubbers as well as the toys. I am giving some consideration to adding the topper once they call that the game is ready to be made. I'm really not a topper guy, but that topper looks pretty neat and the way that it mounts in so easily as seen in there walkthrough video, I'm kind of excited to see it in person. Overall, I'm really stoked for the game!!

#594 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

...let’s hear it...

I was watching Robert go over the comparison video of the Arcade vs Xtra.
That illuminated side panel on the cab was just too cool. Way better than the port hole Jpop was proposing.

#595 10 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I was watching Robert go over the comparison video of the Arcade vs Xtra.

Link ?

Again great positive thread... loving it !

#596 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Link ?

All videos with most details needed.

https://deeprootpinball.com/about/videos

#597 10 months ago

Did anyone copy the list of extras with the prices? Topper is still on the table for me but I can’t remember how much the neon rubbers cost.

#598 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am looking forward to Hopefully an End to all the speculation, rumor, assumption, theory, FUD, assumed history, associated with this company. Likely won't end but thats my hope as an answer along with what looks like a really fun shooting game and New pinball direction.

Amen!

#599 10 months ago

Exactly correct. I REALLY wanted the Xtra but just couldn’t swing it. No regrets though, the Ae looks fantastic! I love the way deeproot designed their platform so that each edition plays exactly the same...no stripped down playfields here!

#600 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Link ?

There are 3,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 66.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside