New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 106257)

RAZA for sale

By hank527

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

To me JPop are the only pre orders that have a chance of losing all your money. I would not go near them unless I was made of money. TBL is a much wiser choice all around not to mention the odds are a much better playing game.

The "odds" are not even close, sorry, but say what you want about his business practices but Jpop has 3 pins in the top 20 and has worked in pinball for 30 years and evolved into one of the greatest designers ever. Who is DP? Looks like a great first effort, but "odds are" Jpop is the right jockey.

I agree with Teekee, why take the risk and preorder TBL, an unlimited run, unless you just want to play it now, like i do with TWD, when you will no doubt be able to get it cheaper later, like every other pin including TH, ST and TWD

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If these do some day actually become hardware instead of vapor, I expect them to retain or gain value.

What other pin can you say that about? IF they become hardware. It's always easy, like the early days of Woz and the following 3 yrs. to pile onto to something unknown. Go back and look at all the "it will never see the light of day threads" with Woz.

To each his own.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Not going to poop on this thread. Bump for a guy who want tbl..

And one that is selling RAZA! Giving my "odds" argument so he can get it sold quicker

The other thing with those pins John developed is that he didn't have full control over the whole process, I'm optimistic to see what he does from A to Z, code and all.

He is an artistic genius. If TBL turns out excellent I'll have one down the road. Love the theme, love bowling. Just thrilled we have these options in pinball today!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I really do enjoy your posts ice. You seem like a cool guy but you keep doubling down on stupid everytime you back jpop's aloof business practices.

I'm not stupid, although it may seem that way!

If you paid attention to everything I've ever said about his "business practices" I'm very critical of him from that standpoint, from day one. And still today, they are terrible! What more can I say.

That doesn't mean I'm not buying the pin Skins! I can see the big picture and am willing to take the risk

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Its over guys . Sadly it's over

What's "over", the end of days What's over is your funding every Stern NIB edition, wisely so.

Statements like that are plain "stupid"

Go buy a Wooly then, I think that's great, oh wait, you won't

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Ice, your unwavering belief in JPOP is admirable, but ill advised to us outsiders. Honestly, how long are you truly willing to wait? Just like everything has a price, everybody has a certain level of patience. Where does yours top out? 3yrs, or maybe 5 perhaps? I'm not taken jabs at you, I'm just curious as to what your ceiling is on wait time.

Well Honch, I waited 3 yrs on Woz and I'm very happy with that one. No worries, I don't mind jabs and the perception is that Jpop backers are all idiots right now. When the reality hits, whenever that is, I'm confident that my belief and support will be rewarded. We've already seen enough to know its true.

I posted on the blog to John re the fallout from expo. I'm pretty sure he's aware of sentiment right now. That said, I have plenty of pinball machines to keep me busy right now, I have decided to let THLE go (at least 98% on that) and keep TWD LE (80% on that one for theme alone) so I'll have another new pin in a few weeks.

With Jpop, I really look at like this. I'm just betting on the jockey and while he might have the horse in last place right now, he's going to blow it out down the stretch! I can wait a long time, RAZA should be out sometime next year. I'm a Jpop fan and I like unique and different stuff.

There will be 50 MG's and 125 RAZA's. Given where the pricing has come up to recently, I consider 10k a "bargain" for such a limited and quality run. Maybe it will be, maybe it won't. I don't care, its worth the risk to me.

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Oh, I think the game will be awesome. I just no longer want to wait as its a year out. Jon needs to get his but in gear and get Magic Girl delivered next year. Then RAZA, which I'm optimistic may be done at next years expo, but there's no guarantee on that.

Totally agree Hank, I hear you, we all have to make decisions on what to keep and what to unload.

It's a great problem to have! Congrats on the TBL move, that one looks awesome.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Why does John do this? I do not know?

I concur! I don't understand it, it's working against him big time. His work is his best marketing. At this point, he should scrap the whole secrecy thing imo. Wtf do i know

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

+1
Whatever updates JPop is making on his secret squirrel forum isn't worth enough for this guy to stay.
Another year has gone by and still no working prototype.

Perfection requires patience!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside