Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Selling my RAZA spot. I'm $ 6500.00 paid up on it and mine is the Cointaker edition which is worth $ 10,500.00

Payment would need to be made to me and I will then transfer ownership.

To be honest, I want a Big Lebowski. I love the dude and while Jpop has great stuff, Lebowski is calling me. I'm sure I may regret selling RAZA but the dude abides.

So if anyone is interested, please let me know.

#2 9 years ago

Is there any actual shipping date or estimate for it yet?

#3 9 years ago

Hank is top notch to deal with.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Is there any actual shipping date or estimate for it yet?

Who knows? A year, six months, a year and six months.

#5 9 years ago

Oh and buyer would be responsible to pay the rest of the balance when due

#6 9 years ago

Hank, your collection is enviable. In fact I wish you were my neighbor. But back to topic - GLWTS.

#7 9 years ago

Jeff,

Thanks. I really want a TBL and need to sell this. So if anyone is interested I want out for exactly what I have in it.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Thanks. I really want a TBL and need to sell this.

Good call.

#9 9 years ago

Ill even sell my $6500 spot for $6400.00 if someone wants it, they get $100.00 off

Then I can pre order TBL

#10 9 years ago

why go from a limited pre-order to a non-limited pre-order?

Sorry hank, but this one is odd to me. No harm in waiting for TBL to be ready and then make a decision. TBL is unlimited and like others it will take them a while to build them out.

If RAZA is even remotely close then you may be able to get it, play it, and then sell it for at that time and still go get a TBL.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

why go from a limited pre-order to a non-limited pre-order?
Sorry hank, but this one is odd to me. No harm in waiting for TBL to be ready and then make a decision. TBL is unlimited and like others it will take them a while to build them out.
If RAZA is even remotely close then you may be able to get it, play it, and then sell it for at that time and still go get a TBL.

Yeah, I have to agree... I mean this is none of our business what Hank wants to do here but since this is a forum... so maybe it is our business!

The preorder thing is pretty fun to watch these days. People bouncing from one preorder to the next preorder.

Preordering unlimited runs seems strange to me as well. Even the so-called limited runs these days are FAR from limited. Preordering seems more of an aggravation versus just waiting for the release. So much changes so quickly... and they will ALWAYS be availble... probably cheaper!

RAZA is the only preorder in the last few years that does make sense to me but who knows... oh well, good old common sense just doesn't seem to be the standard anymore.

Good luck Hank, someone should take advantage of this $100 savings!

Anyway... let's dance!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

RAZA is the only preorder in the last few years that does make sense to me but who knows.

To me JPop are the only pre orders that have a chance of losing all your money. I would not go near them unless I was made of money. TBL is a much wiser choice all around not to mention the odds are a much better playing game.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hank, your collection is enviable. In fact I wish you were my neighbor. But back to topic - GLWTS.

Hank is a great guy and fortunately lives a few minutes away from me as well. Best collection I've ever seen and all of his games are in immaculate condition. Can't go wrong in buying anything from Hank.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

TBL is a much wiser choice all around not to mention the odds are a much better playing game.

You're just guessing... Its all a guess... who knows? With as limited as RAZA is a preorder makes sense here versus an unlimited run pin.

Now if you're afraid of losing your money that's a different subject.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Now if you're afraid of losing your money that's a different subject.

Haha yeah I am afraid of losing my money. I would not be afraid of depreciation though. If these do some day actually become hardware instead of vapor, I expect them to retain or gain value.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

To me JPop are the only pre orders that have a chance of losing all your money. I would not go near them unless I was made of money. TBL is a much wiser choice all around not to mention the odds are a much better playing game.

The "odds" are not even close, sorry, but say what you want about his business practices but Jpop has 3 pins in the top 20 and has worked in pinball for 30 years and evolved into one of the greatest designers ever. Who is DP? Looks like a great first effort, but "odds are" Jpop is the right jockey.

I agree with Teekee, why take the risk and preorder TBL, an unlimited run, unless you just want to play it now, like i do with TWD, when you will no doubt be able to get it cheaper later, like every other pin including TH, ST and TWD

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If these do some day actually become hardware instead of vapor, I expect them to retain or gain value.

What other pin can you say that about? IF they become hardware. It's always easy, like the early days of Woz and the following 3 yrs. to pile onto to something unknown. Go back and look at all the "it will never see the light of day threads" with Woz.

To each his own.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

To me JPop are the only pre orders that have a chance of losing all your money.

All pre-orders are a risk. All.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jpop has 3 pins in the top 20 and has worked in pinball for 30 years and evolved into one of the greatest designers ever.

His machines are epically beautiful, but that is where it ends for me. *Personally* I don't like the game play of any of them. The only game he has ever made that I enjoyed playing beyond 25 games was CV and even that game I lost complete interest after about 50 games. TOM and CV were the shortest lived games in my collection and ones that I have no seller's remorse in the least bit. He also hasn't released a game in close to 20 years. On the other hand I can see the DP game on video and from first hand accounts and it looks spectacular. I will take those odds.

#20 9 years ago

Not going to poop on this thread. Bump for a guy who want tbl..

#21 9 years ago

Maybe put an ad up on pinball classifieds? The sentiment here on pinside has turned a bit on it, especially after poor showing this week. Maybe the other sales venues could work better?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Not going to poop on this thread. Bump for a guy who want tbl..

And one that is selling RAZA! Giving my "odds" argument so he can get it sold quicker

The other thing with those pins John developed is that he didn't have full control over the whole process, I'm optimistic to see what he does from A to Z, code and all.

He is an artistic genius. If TBL turns out excellent I'll have one down the road. Love the theme, love bowling. Just thrilled we have these options in pinball today!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And one that is selling RAZA! Giving my "odds" argument so he can get it sold quicker
The other thing with those pins John developed is that he didn't have full control over the whole process, I'm optimistic to see what he does from A to Z, code and all.
He is an artistic genius. If TBL turns out excellent I'll have one down the road. Love the theme, love bowling. Just thrilled we have these options in pinball today!

I really do enjoy your posts ice. You seem like a cool guy but you keep doubling down on stupid everytime you back jpop's aloof business practices.

#24 9 years ago

Omg dude .. Epic !

#25 9 years ago

Taste of reality . Look at Wooly. Couple of guys and an awesome game . Amazing art, layout , toys and code. On the floor being played. If that's not a wake up call then what is. Its over guys . Sadly it's over

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I really do enjoy your posts ice. You seem like a cool guy but you keep doubling down on stupid everytime you back jpop's aloof business practices.

I'm not stupid, although it may seem that way!

If you paid attention to everything I've ever said about his "business practices" I'm very critical of him from that standpoint, from day one. And still today, they are terrible! What more can I say.

That doesn't mean I'm not buying the pin Skins! I can see the big picture and am willing to take the risk

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Its over guys . Sadly it's over

What's "over", the end of days What's over is your funding every Stern NIB edition, wisely so.

Statements like that are plain "stupid"

Go buy a Wooly then, I think that's great, oh wait, you won't

#28 9 years ago

Ice, your unwavering belief in JPOP is admirable, but ill advised to us outsiders. Honestly, how long are you truly willing to wait? Just like everything has a price, everybody has a certain level of patience. Where does yours top out? 3yrs, or maybe 5 perhaps? I'm not taken jabs at you, I'm just curious as to what your ceiling is on wait time.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Taste of reality . Look at Wooly. Couple of guys and an awesome game . Amazing art, layout , toys and code. On the floor being played. If that's not a wake up call then what is.

This is a perfectly valid point.

If those guys can put together a fully functioning bad ass pin like WOOLY and have it at Expo in such a short amount of time, it makes you wonder why RAZA shows up as an empty cabinet when that project started earlier.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Taste of reality . Look at Wooly. Couple of guys and an awesome game . Amazing art, layout , toys and code. On the floor being played. If that's not a wake up call then what is. Its over guys . Sadly it's over

yup. same with spooky. from announcement to production in about a year.

with no real manufacturing experience.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

yup. same with Spooky. from announcement to production in about a year.
with no real manufacturing experience.

Some will challenge both those games will be toys compared to the quality jpop has done when he gets there... But u still have a valid point

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ah wooly has nothing on Raza

#33 9 years ago

Except you will get it sooner

#34 9 years ago

I was flabbergasted when I saw RAZA's cab pics (2 different ones) , did you guys see the hinges? Cool.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If those guys can put together a fully functioning bad ass pin like WOOLY and have it at Expo in such a short amount of time,

Well, I am a big Wooly fan but I doubt it was made in a short amount of time. They kept it under the radar until it was to their liking. Also remember the game is based on a virtual pin that was released years ago.

Starting from scratch it could have taken as long as one JPOP game. Trouble is Jpop is making two or three (or more?) in parallel.

#36 9 years ago

Biggest problem with his unveiling is the lack of originality in copying the Martian. Now he may have to start from scratch again...ouch!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It has everything on it. Mere existence !!!!

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It has everything on it. Mere existence !!!!

And for a price that is under a mere $10.5K

#39 9 years ago

I think both machines will be great. Good luck with your sale and I feel confident that JPOP will deliver in the end.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

I think both machines will be great. Good luck with your sale and I feel confident that JPOP will deliver in the end.

Why do you think that JPop will deliver? You did see the stolen art work on RAZA (the alien)? I mean it's not original or creative in any way! Now once the owners of the art see this, they will demand JPop to remove it immediately. Thus requiring him to start from scratch all over again creating an even longer wait time

#41 9 years ago

The pilfered alien art is the puzzling thing. Why do it? Why would he think no one would notice? His calling card has always been visually stunning games. Copying and pasting flies in the face of what we know about JPop. Did he loose his artists? Something isn't right here.

#42 9 years ago

LOL, No he didn't lose his artists. He has great young guys doing amazing art whenever he needs it. If for some reason the alien needs to be changed, then it will be changed. He's been through lots of different Art revisions and is no stranger to making changes...

#43 9 years ago

I'm glad your lol'ing with your money and not mine. Here's to hoping the clip art gets revised out.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

When did you play RAZA?

Quoted from TaTa:

Why do you think that JPop will deliver? You did see the stolen art work on RAZA (the alien)? I mean it's not original or creative in any way! Now once the owners of the art see this, they will demand JPop to remove it immediately. Thus requiring him to start from scratch all over again creating an even longer wait time

And to think that I thought that the artwork would be awesome was a given.

Instead he comes up with a clone from a movie? Ouch.

#45 9 years ago

Look its simple , i no longer want RAZA as I have too much tied up in pre orders. I want TBL now as the offer of a rug and chrome upgrade is only valid till today. JPops game is a year off and I don't want money tied up that much longer. If someone wants my spot for $6400, its yours
plain and simple. I may also be selling my full paid Predator spot as I don't wish to wait that one out either. I have lost complete faith in both Skit B and Jpop delivering a game anytime soon.

I want out. Let's call it what it is. I have full throttle, AMH, Predator,TBL and Raza on order now.
I'm in a pinch as I really need to ditch one of these and RAZA and Predator can go as I'm fairly certain, they have the longest wait.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

He's got four different ones without the alien too, that's just the one he brought

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Look its simple , i no longer want RAZA as I have too much tied up in pre orders. I want TBL now as the offer of a rug and chrome upgrade is only valid till today. JPops game is a year off and I don't want money tied up that much longer. If someone wants my spot for $6400, its yours
plain and simple. I may also be selling my full paid Predator spot as I don't wish to wait that one out either. I have lost complete faith in both Skit B and Jpop delivering a game anytime soon.
I want out. Let's call it what it is. I have full throttle, AMH, Predator,TBL and Raza on order now.
I'm in a pinch as I really need to ditch one of these and RAZA and Predator can go as I'm fairly certain, they have the longest wait.

Predator has longer wait than TBL? Not sure about that.

#48 9 years ago

Hank, people would be tripping over themselves to buy RAZA if Jpop posts some progress and makes some kind of announcement. I suggest you move something else till then.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Ice, your unwavering belief in JPOP is admirable, but ill advised to us outsiders. Honestly, how long are you truly willing to wait? Just like everything has a price, everybody has a certain level of patience. Where does yours top out? 3yrs, or maybe 5 perhaps? I'm not taken jabs at you, I'm just curious as to what your ceiling is on wait time.

Well Honch, I waited 3 yrs on Woz and I'm very happy with that one. No worries, I don't mind jabs and the perception is that Jpop backers are all idiots right now. When the reality hits, whenever that is, I'm confident that my belief and support will be rewarded. We've already seen enough to know its true.

I posted on the blog to John re the fallout from expo. I'm pretty sure he's aware of sentiment right now. That said, I have plenty of pinball machines to keep me busy right now, I have decided to let THLE go (at least 98% on that) and keep TWD LE (80% on that one for theme alone) so I'll have another new pin in a few weeks.

With Jpop, I really look at like this. I'm just betting on the jockey and while he might have the horse in last place right now, he's going to blow it out down the stretch! I can wait a long time, RAZA should be out sometime next year. I'm a Jpop fan and I like unique and different stuff.

There will be 50 MG's and 125 RAZA's. Given where the pricing has come up to recently, I consider 10k a "bargain" for such a limited and quality run. Maybe it will be, maybe it won't. I don't care, its worth the risk to me.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well Honch, I waited 3 yrs on Woz and I'm very happy with that one. No worries, I don't mind jabs and the perception is that Jpop backers are all idiots right now. When the reality hits, whenever that is, I'm confident that my belief and support will be rewarded. We've already seen enough to know its true.
I posted on the blog to John re the fallout from expo. I'm pretty sure he's aware of sentiment right now. That said, I have plenty of pinball machines to keep me busy right now, I have decided to let THLE go (at least 98% on that) and keep TWD LE (80% on that one for theme alone) so I'll have another new pin in a few weeks.
With Jpop, I really look at like this. I'm just betting on the jockey and while he might have the horse in last place right now, he's going to blow it out down the stretch! I can wait a long time, RAZA should be out sometime next year. I'm a Jpop fan and I like unique and different stuff.
There will be 50 MG's and 125 RAZA's. Given where the pricing has come up to recently, I consider 10k a "bargain" for such a limited and quality run. Maybe it will be, maybe it won't. I don't care, its worth the risk to me.

Oh, I think the game will be awesome. I just no longer want to wait as its a year out. Jon needs to get his but in gear and get Magic Girl delivered next year. Then RAZA, which I'm optimistic may be done at next years expo, but there's no guarantee on that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.