Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A45C0B5-9CE8-46E0-A635-3917B2D3BFF2 (resized).jpeg
whyy (resized).png
whyy (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

Hi all. ok I'm trying to do a home brew pinball and I have in mind to do a take on deeproots RAZA, retro atomic zombie adventureland theme. My question is does anyone have or know where I can obtain cabinet and translite pdf file for this title in order to have decals printed out? Any advice is great or anyone can help me please let me know, even if someone can create it happy to pay a fee for your help. thanks all

#2 2 years ago

I believe they are auctioning off all of the deep root stuff now. I’d start there and maybe you can get more than you thought you could. I’ve heard they have full games available with no software.

#4 2 years ago

Yeah I have seen the auction and prepared to bid on one of the prototypes pinballs but I'm from Australia and I have no one to pick up for me.. that's my issue

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from richierich85:

Yeah I have seen the auction and prepared to bid on one of the prototypes pinballs but I'm from Australia and I have no one to pick up for me.. that's my issue

There’s a lot of good people on this site. I bet you could find someone to help you out that’s near the auction. Throw up a post asking for help and see what happens.

#6 2 years ago

i'd venture to guess that anyone that can afford the winning bid on the prototype, can handle the shipping costs, whether they're from Australia or Mars.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i'd venture to guess that anyone that can afford the winning bid on the prototype, can handle the shipping costs, whether they're from Australia or Mars.

My guess is that it isn’t the cost, but the logistics. I don’t think the auction house will arrange for shipping.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

My guess is that it isn’t the cost, but the logistics. I don’t think the auction house will arrange for shipping.

good point.

#9 2 years ago

You would think someone would help out local if you won. Which is highly unlikely!

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

You would think someone would help out local if you won. Which is highly unlikely!

yeah don't see anyone helping grrr..

#11 2 years ago

I'm trying to do a home brew pinball and I have in mind to do a take on deeproots RAZA, retro atomic zombie adventureland theme

But.. why?

whyy (resized).pngwhyy (resized).png
#12 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

But.. why?[quoted image]

who wouldn't?

#13 2 years ago

Why would you want such a cursed thing?

It’s been the downfall of two companies, lost people millions of dollars … and evidently it plays like crap.

I don’t know if I would want that thing (or anything to do with it) anywhere near me.

But that’s me.

rd

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don’t know if I would want that thing (or anything to do with it) anywhere near me.

I agree. Bad vibes. There is literally nothing positive emanating from that machine.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why would you want such a cursed thing?
It’s been the downfall of two companies, lost people millions of dollars … and evidently it plays like crap.
But that’s me.
rd

For me the style of the back box, the artwork and layout is what gets me.. I like the uniqueness of it, yes the history is what kills it I understand but I the theme right up my alley. I'll take a toxic avenger in its place hehe. looks like a home brew time for me....

#16 2 years ago

For me the style of the back box, the artwork and layout is what gets me.. I like the uniqueness of it, yes the history is what kills it I understand but I the theme right up my alley. I'll take a toxic avenger in its place hehe. looks like a home brew time for me....

Toxic Avenger would be a very cool theme.

And - it would be way cheaper to make your own game than to buy Deeproots POS game.

Lots of work though! I speak from experience.

rd

8A45C0B5-9CE8-46E0-A635-3917B2D3BFF2 (resized).jpeg8A45C0B5-9CE8-46E0-A635-3917B2D3BFF2 (resized).jpeg
#17 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Toxic Avenger would be a very cool theme.
And - it would be way cheaper to make your own game than to buy Deeproots POS game.
Lots of work though! I speak from experience.
rd[quoted image]

mate the cabinet looks awesome very clean.. what are your thoughts on theme? fast pinball or P-roc?

#18 2 years ago

mate the cabinet looks awesome very clean.. what are your thoughts on theme? fast pinball or P-roc?

Your Toxic Avenger theme is cool.

Take your pick with controllers. P-roc has a very active community, I’m not sure about FAST.

I made that cabinet about 4 weeks ago, my whitewood is already flipping, art is done, cabinet is decaled … but I am a fast worker. Still a heap of work to get it to a “complete” stage.

rd

#19 2 years ago

fast pinball or P-roc?

both work fine, but Fast I think has some sort of limitations (something about bus speed which can affect light fade). Even if you end up using mission pinball framework, I would still use PROC hardware.

#20 2 years ago

FAST uses separate ports for lighting and Game control so there is no issue whatsoever with speed. Also since FAST needs no native driver running on the host, the only events at run time would be switches and a few SW controlled coils such as VUK’s. So basically FAST needs almost no runtime support at all. After all, that’s what makes it FAST.

David
FAST Pinball

#21 2 years ago

I (Aaron) would also add, if a playfield is populated, we could wire it up and have it flipping over a few beers. You don't even need to start MPF to get it up and running like an EM game, just something that can connect to some virtual com ports talking serial.

Checkout our new FAST Docs site https://docs.fastpinball.com with more information being added after TPF.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

FAST uses separate ports for lighting and Game control so there is no issue whatsoever with speed. Also since FAST needs no native driver running on the host, the only events at run time would be switches and a few SW controlled coils such as VUK’s. So basically FAST needs almost no runtime support at all. After all, that’s what makes it FAST.
David
FAST Pinball

I'm not sure I read somewhere, was it fast or p-roc that does support new stern style lcd screens for animation but can only do DMD dot matrix displays? or both can run lcd screens of any size? I'm leaning towards fast pinball, been watch a build with it seem I can follow hehe..

#23 2 years ago

I'm not sure I read somewhere, was it fast or p-roc that does support new stern style lcd screens for animation but can only do DMD dot matrix displays? or both can run lcd screens of any size? I'm leaning towards fast pinball, been watch a build with it seem I can follow hehe..

For LCD displays, it is really about the computer you are using being powerful enough for the screen graphics you are using and the software framework you are using.

I would estimate that 90+% of the FAST powered pinball machines are using MPF and an LCD display, so you should have no issue with that combo.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

For LCD displays, it is really about the computer you are using being powerful enough for the screen graphics you are using and the software framework you are using.
I would estimate that 90+% of the FAST powered pinball machines are using MPF and an LCD display, so you should have no issue with that combo.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

thanks Aaron. I definitely wanna fo fast pinball hardware and yes MPF software. been you tubing like crazy and reading up on forums etc. Can't wait to start my build. thanks guys..

#25 2 years ago

thanks Aaron. I definitely wanna fo fast pinball hardware and yes MPF software. been you tubing like crazy and reading up on forums etc. Can't wait to start my build. thanks guys..

Very cool! Looks forward to meeting you! We are packed and headed to TPF!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#26 2 years ago

FAST is an amazing board. I didn’t knew his capapilities till recently. It let me improved my GI lightning effects significantly on my project and look really well designed.
P-ROC is a great board too and was the first board to be released so has a solid community now.
Only down side for FAST for me was the difficulty to get the right infos on it but it seems that the infos shared are getting better now.
Does FAST work also with the good old dmd display? Just curious.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

FAST is an amazing board. I didn’t knew his capapilities till recently. It let me improved my GI lightning effects significantly on my project and look really well designed.
P-ROC is a great board too and was the first board to be released so has a solid community now.
Only down side for FAST for me was the difficulty to get the right infos on it but it seems that the infos shared are getting better now.
Does FAST work also with the good old dmd display? Just curious.

Docs are getting better, for sure. BrianMadden is a documentation machine. Certainly makes all the cool stuff we have created so much more accessible.

For DMDs, our FAST Retro Controllers generates dot data when emulating an original game using original game ROMs (with full licensor approval!) and we stream it to RGB DMDs, PCs for presentation on LCD or you can plug into original DMDs using an adapter we are providing.

Anyone at TPF can come by our booth and see some of this in action.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-cabinet-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.