Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220512_193140 (resized).jpg
20220512_192940 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

My Rawhide by Stern has a loud buzzing relay once each new ball in play is shot.

It seems that the "ball index relay" is buzzing. I took a picture of the schematic and the noisy relay.

I have cleaned the scoring solenoids (with plungers). This one is closed (with no plunger).

Anything I should try? I can mute the buzz by pressing the frame. The frame is tight. The spring seems correct.

20220512_192940 (resized).jpg20220512_192940 (resized).jpg20220512_193140 (resized).jpg20220512_193140 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Help...the relay switch is sticking until ball drains.

#3 1 year ago

The relay releasing when the ball drains is normal. Some people have said that a single piece of electrical tape on the armature plate sometimes helps quiet the buzzing.

#4 1 year ago

Might try a brass washer between the coil and mounting frame. (Gottlieb does this)
You can always switch springs with the coil next door just to see if that helps.
Switch holding in is normal.It works with the ball count unit and is energized by rollover switch at top of shooter lane.

#5 1 year ago

Thank you. I'll try these suggestions.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rawhide-by-stern-ball-index-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.