4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by sanctumwear
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
20161109_171334-1 (resized).jpg
20161109_171345-1 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Not everyone's cup of tea but Walking Dead arcade from Raw Thrills looks awesome!

#2 4 years ago

Look forward to playing at IAPPA, I hope!

#3 4 years ago

I wondered when we would get to see this,

Graphics look a bit dated sadly but could be fun to play

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Please let me know what you think. I collect arcades as well as pins and this is my ultimate theme.

#5 4 years ago

I get their emails, and was surprised and excited to see this. SO COOL. Also don't forget their new Cruisin' Blast game coming!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Please let me know what you think. I collect arcades as well as pins and this is my ultimate theme.

Will do...Ill be there Thursday.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Will do...Ill be there Thursday.

We need pics of the new games! Check out the new Daytonas too. I still operate a few Cruis'n games and i'm betting there is no way i can resist purchasing the new Cruis'n Blast. The game looks great, hope it sells big for Raw Thrills.

20161109_171345-1 (resized).jpg

20161109_171334-1 (resized).jpg

#8 4 years ago

Oldpinguy did you get a chance to play TWD? You have any review for us?

#9 4 years ago

I'm already in for a bank of 4 Cruis'n Blasts, 2 Walking Deads, and one of our strip account wants a pair of the new Daytonas.

It's an exciting time to be in the arcade business.

https://www.facebook.com/FremontArcade

#10 4 years ago

Looks intense

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I'm already in for a bank of 4 Cruis'n Blasts, 2 Walking Deads, and one of our strip account wants a pair of the new Daytonas.
It's an exciting time to be in the arcade business.
https://www.facebook.com/FremontArcade

What was the cost on the TWD? I can't even find MSRP any where

#12 4 years ago

Got to play a bunch at the show.....really one of the best shooting games Ive come across in a while.

Now, I say this with a great degree of ignorance, as I dont play xbox, PS anything, or have an arcade to play new ones, but have put some time in over the years.

The build quality from the outside is exceptional in drawing one in.
from the back having "opening doors" to the barbed wire.
Very easy getting in and out of, and I have personal difficulty.

The screen and graphic quality is as expected...over the top, and the mechanism is Darryls Crossbow.
A left hand crank/reload is needed, in a standard shooting method, but there is a very satisfying feeling to holding, using,
and especially reloading....it felt fun, as opposed to some games, where reloadinng feels lie a chore, or why bother.

The pace of the game is perfect, but I did only play 3 games.

What got to me, and Im sure its in other games, is the perspective change, of Zombies coming at you....the standard from house of the dead type shooters, and the 3rd person view as the characters around you, and with you advance through the buildings and scenery.
(needs to be seen, and others need to comment)

In this time, they are fighting Zombies as you are, and I felt the perspective change, along with the crossbow, was very smooth, natural, and created a better experience of "being there".

In short, I felt more like I was part of the group fighting together, than a person standing outside an arcade screen, just killing zombies.
I found this aspect very well done.

How will you find it? no idea...I think its part being a fan of the show, and second, what type of shooter games one likes.
In that regard, as always....play before buying.

List price was $15K.

pasted_image (resized).png

http://arcadeheroes.com/2016/11/08/walking-dead-arcade-officially-unveiled/

#13 4 years ago

Thanks for the review. Very excited about this one. I don't know if I will actually pull the trigger(pun intended). It would be the most expensive piece of arcade equipment I would have ever bought. But I may do it. I am buying a moto gp early next year which my wife really wants and I thought would be the arcade jewel besides pinball.

I do have one question about the above review. I am left handed and usually reload with my right hand. How is that going to work with the reload on the left side??

My family really loves the Jurrassic Park shooter but because of the cost and size I never thought I would buy one but with this theme I may actually do it.

Thanks again for the review.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I do have one question about the above review. I am left handed and usually reload with my right hand. How is that going to work with the reload on the left side??

I wish I could help....I never thought how a left handed person might operate this.

I am imagining no issues with the left hand pulling the crank, and the right hand pulling the trigger?

I think the answer might come from how you play other shooting games, and of course pump some dollars in
and try.

You can also check if Namco has any shows in CA and Vegas where it might be, and plow through the game, as people were playing through for 20-30 minutes worth of game at this trade show.

#15 4 years ago

Adam is at the show uploading new game vids on the youtube page.
It's nice to see Atari back after being out of the arcade scene during the past 10+ years.

Coastal/Atari Breakout

TWD

Space Invaders Frenzy

Cruis'n

Daytona 3

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 8,499.99
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 159.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet Parts
Troxel Repair
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
To-Go Cup - LED Out of stock
UpKick Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 37.50
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside