(Topic ID: 162639)

Raven: only two pop bumpers working, only 2 snipers registering hits.

By Geocab

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Geocab
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just picked up a Raven and want to get it running 100%. Ground mods were done before I had it so I don't know if they are correct. I looked up the ground mod at Flippers.com and the photos look nothing like my machine in the back box and this is my first Gottlieb so I'm even more unfamiliar with it as I am my Williams games.

It looks to me like there have been repairs done on the boards with jumper wires, reissued traces, etc.

Only two pop bumpers fire. I looked at the switches and they are physically making contact at least, not sure about electrically at the moment. Only two of four snipers register being hit. They reset just fine. I used switch test also and the pops and snipers don't register there either.

What should be my next step?

#2 7 years ago

Raven has pop bumper driver boards for each pop. Try switching a bad one with a good one to see if it's the boards.
Don't know about the snipers. I was repinning the connectors on mine & none of them registered. It ended up being a crimp that wasn't seated properly, but that was all four.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks, I'll give that a shot with the driver boards. Maybe I'll try to recrimp the connectors too for the snipers.

#4 7 years ago

The pops are working most of the time. One fuse was bad. Coil resistance checked out OK at around 3 ohms so I replaced the fuse. I didn't realize there were fuses for each coil. The other pop was a misadjusted switch. I'm going to do a rebuild on these.

Snipers started to register a lot of the time. I believe the intermittent behavior is the connector between the CPU and driver board. If not, it's probably one of the connectors because when I reseat it, things work for a bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raven-two-pop-bumpers-working-2-snipers-registering-hits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.