full lit pf (resized).jpg
pf only (resized).jpg
pf decal (resized).jpg
pops & Diverter (resized).jpg
HELIT paint (resized).jpg
chopper plastic (resized).jpg
translite (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

I had a lot of fun recently modifying my Raven and added quite a few things and even a working diverter. Here's a bunch of pics and a rundown of what they are.

1. new translite
2. added side art
3. replaced the art on the back splash area (there are 4 snipers hidden in the jungle)
4. added a new mini helicopter plastic with a machine gunner in the door
5. put custom paint and decals on the stock helicopter
5. new pop bumper art
7. added helicopter plastic under ramp and added a diverter above it that looks like the helicopter propellers
8. replaced art with decal on the lower pf.
I will post some of the art files below. Hope you dig it, but I do realize this is pinside.

HELIT paint (resized).jpgHELIT paint (resized).jpgchopper plastic (resized).jpgchopper plastic (resized).jpgfull lit pf (resized).jpgfull lit pf (resized).jpgpf decal (resized).jpgpf decal (resized).jpgpf only (resized).jpgpf only (resized).jpgpops & Diverter (resized).jpgpops & Diverter (resized).jpgtranslite (resized).jpgtranslite (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Here are some of the art files to make your own.

PF Deca 1l (resized).jpgPF Deca 1l (resized).jpgPop bumper art (resized).jpgPop bumper art (resized).jpgback plastic (resized).jpgback plastic (resized).jpgchoppers (resized).jpgchoppers (resized).jpgside art (resized).jpgside art (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago

Love it all. Can you give any details on the diverter? I definitely want to make one for mine. Mike

#4 5 years ago

Thanks! I couldn't find the art file for the diverter but I will take mine off, retrace it and post it here. I mounted it by cutting the existing star post in half at the rubber indentation. I sanded both sides a bit and then just sandwiched the new diverter piece between them. Use a nylock nut to secure it in place so that it can still swivel freely. I did also glue the bottom of that post to the ramp using E6000. The helicopter beneath the ramp is a separate plastic piece made with 1/8in acrylic and digital print. It is also bolted through the whole assembly.

#5 5 years ago

I am curious about cabinet art. Other modifications so much better than original IMO!

#6 5 years ago

Raven is one of my Favorite pins. I have a NOS playfield to swap into mine and would be interested in seeing your cab art. I like the backglass too where did you get it printed?

#8 5 years ago

Really cool job... I am hoping to mod my Raven. And I was going to put a decal in the lower playfield circle like how you did.
May I ask how you made it. What type of material do you print to. And how does it impact play?
And thats a really cool helicopter diverter you made for your ramp... If I can find a replacement ramp I might try to do something like that. As I have a wireframe replacement ramp right now.

#9 5 years ago

Thanks for the interest. On the cabinet I have not done anything yet as I kind of the like the original. Still since I have the art I may print and cut the "sniper squadron" portion and just apply it over the existing raven text, similar to what is shown in the translite. If your interested in getting a translite send me a pm. I make pf decals by printing on 3m vinyl, laminating and then sending it through a plotter to cut out the shape and insert holes. This is work any sign shop can do for you if you have the art files for it and they should all be posted above.

#10 5 years ago

This is amazing! I love that translite. I'm getting one of those printed; I like it better than the custom one I had made. I'm getting all this printed for myself for Christmas

#11 5 years ago

Thats one of the nicest Ravens that I have seen, looks really good. Never cared for the game till I played a nicely dialed in example.

#12 5 years ago

Thanks, Ravens a fun game for sure and I love its 8bit commando style sound track

#13 5 years ago

I really like what you did to the Helicopter. I was trying to figure that out with the one I had. Raven was my “basher” pin. Loved it.

#14 5 years ago

/Thanks, depending on when you sold it this might be your old game.?

1 year later
#15 4 years ago

Looks great!! I just finished bringing my Raven back to life.... might have to pull off some killer mods!! That diverter is AWESOME! Any way we could see it it action?? And I love the translight ! Very nicely done sir.

#16 4 years ago

Thanks man, Sadly the game was sold.

1 year later
#17 2 years ago

With the prices of games now Im on the hunt for another Raven and have already put together a kit to retheme it to Predator. Pm if you interested in joining the hunt.

Predator POPS n Drops (resized).jpgPredator POPS n Drops (resized).jpgPredator PST 1 (resized).jpgPredator PST 1 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#18 12 months ago

Just picked up a raven. It's missing the plastic speaker grill and display cover. Any chance anyone has one? Any system 80 grill plastic would work honestly

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Warrington, PENNSYLVANIA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raven-sniper-squadron-w-free-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.