Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jwo825
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwo825.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

If you're not leaving it on and unattended for long periods of time, I'd reccommend disconnecting the reset board. It's the tiny one all the way to the right in the backbox. See if that corrects the issue. These boards can be problematic.

Also, a question. Does your Raven's music work. Mine does not. Can you tell me how many total ROMS are on your sound board, please?

#6 9 years ago

It's actually pretty fun. The sniper targets were coppied on CC. The helicopter toy is funny. The ramp shot requires an absolutely perfect shot and the ball times are short. It's a great party game and even set on 5 balls, a 4 player game goes quickly. I think the cheesy 80's Commando chick is part of the charm and is always good to get people laughing. The cab realy does suck badly, though. No sugaur coating that part. It is a bit more on the drab green side in person, though, instead of the sickly gold it appears to be in pictures

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DayDay:

Topher, check the daughter card solder joints on the MPU. That's a common failure point. Also, you will need to complete all the grounding mods. It's a must for Sys 80b games.

I had to replace my daughter board as well. It never caused the game to reset, though. Just caused it to lock up and then eventually, not boot at all.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from DayDay:

On my Hollywood Heat, the daughter card would cause mine to reset. Sometimes you could get a game or two before the game resets. Then at times in attract mode, the game would reset itself. Sometimes 10 times within a minute. I also would experience game lockups like you were talking about. I would replace the original daughter card even if this was not causing the issue. It will eventually fail and cause problems at a later time anyways.

I agree. Daughter card and cab ground mods minimum.

#14 9 years ago

Thanks. I have cleaned all my connectors and done all the ground work. I've changed out transistors and ICs but just can't get the music to play. Sounds are fine and even the line of "God bless America" when the ramp goes down, plays.

I have seen pics where Raven boards have 3 ROMS (2 YROMS and 1 DROMS) and i've seen some where it only has 2 (one of each ROM)

Mine only has one of each. Maybe i'm missing a ROM. Most of the boards are from a Genesis and a HH machine, I think. Maybe my Yrom is the old one that required 2 chips and not the bigger one that only needed one?

Heck, i'm just glad its up and running. lol

#16 9 years ago

Thanks. I figured it was correct.

You're probably not hearing it because the ball usually hits a pop bumper shortly after and that will stop the music from playing. It does on mine, anyway.

Now that I'm thinking about it, is this normal? Maybe I just need new ROMS?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Warrington, PENNSYLVANIA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwo825.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raven-resets-occasionally-during-play?tu=jwo825 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.