Pred 1 (resized).jpg
Predful (resized).jpg
pf rlcd (resized).jpg
pf drops (resized).jpg
Rav Pops (resized).jpg
Predator POPS n Drops (resized).jpg
Predator PST 1 (resized).jpg
D2924A70-88D1-4EA9-94FB-A7736F2E3B6C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cperro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#334 5 years ago

Hi, Raven owner here with an issue with my ramp (I've posted about this at the following link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-raven-ramp-issue#post-4765696). Currently my ramp stutters up and down irregularly and I can't seem to find out why. I'll summarise what happens. Also, the ramp was working previously, just randomly started doing this one day recently.

The ramp stutters up and down during gameplay. Before a game is started in attract mode it will occasionally go up and down but not nearly as frequently. The ramp will also not stay down when the top rollovers or the top targets are hit like it is suppose to. The ramp has stayed up in 2 scenarios. Once while I was in test mode doing the relay/solenoid test, and then it stayed up for the entire time I was in test mode (don't know if it is suppose to do this). Also, once when I got an extra ball for some reason. When the game starts flashing with the different music during extra ball, the ramp stayed in the upright position. I tried to repeat this as well but instead, the ramp stayed down the second time I tried. After the flashing is done for extra ball, the ramp goes back to stuttering up and down.

I feel like I've jumped about every connection up to the driver board from the ramp and I have replaced the playfield transistor and coil for the ramp. The EOS switch is fine. I've also swapped out the driver board with one that previously had the ramp working a couple months ago. If you guys have had a similar issue or know what could be the cause, please let me know, thanks!

Also, I am currently using a mypinballs MPU board and a Rottendog driver board.

At the moment I am leaning towards an issue with the MPU since the symptoms are very odd but I have no idea what would be wrong or how to figure out the issue if it is to do with the MPU board.

1 week later
#336 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply @JodyG. I think the cable that connects to the playfield has a good connection, I checked the resistance between driver board pin and the nearest playfield part schematically and it was less than 1 ohm. Besides that would you recommend another way to check the connection?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cperro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raven-members-only?tu=cperro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.