Pred 1 (resized).jpg
Predful (resized).jpg
pf rlcd (resized).jpg
pf drops (resized).jpg
Rav Pops (resized).jpg
Predator POPS n Drops (resized).jpg
Predator PST 1 (resized).jpg
D2924A70-88D1-4EA9-94FB-A7736F2E3B6C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Alan_L.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I kind of like this one.

See pic in post #106

Opinions needed: Should I plunk down $95.17 for this alternate translate in order to make my Raven easier to sell? I know that Raven doesn't get a lot of love in the first place, and the alternate translate won't affect the price much if any, but will it make it more acceptable to a potential buyer, and help it sell sooner?

Thanks gang,

Alan

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

@Alan J what is the condition of your original Raven translite?

It has mold spots all over it. I'm going to try and clean it first but I might have to replace it.

#161 7 years ago

Has anyone tried removing the mylar from their Raven? Any success ? What method did you use? Suggestions?

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from FirstPinGLin2011:

I used the upside down can of air duster to remove mine. It was discussed in a thread a couple years ago.

Quoted from Ralph67:

I removed mine with a heat gun , set to lowish , lifted off easy .

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I found Vid's Guide to mylar removal, and he recommends using the baking flour and 91% alcohol method to remove the glue residue after the mylar is gone. Did either one of you use that method, how did it work for you? Or did you use another method?

Thanks,

Alan

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

It has mold spots all over it. I'm going to try and clean it first but I might have to replace it.

As it turns out, it's not mildew or mold that's causing the green spots all over her. It's just discoloration of the translite because of age and heat, I guess.

So back to the original question: which one should I buy? An NOS translite if I can find it, or the one from post #106 for $95.00?

1 week later
#176 7 years ago

A couple of questions:

Does the helicopter rotor turn all the time, or do I have a stuck relay or something?

Is there any way to test the LM338K voltage regulator on the power supply board? I have done all ground mods, reflowed all pins on the p/s board and replaced the pot

8 months later
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

I could use some help. everything seems to be running ok except few things. I dont know the game every well so that might be part of the problem.

Have you done the ground mods? If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, see this on PinWiki: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Ground_updates

2 weeks later
#222 6 years ago

GTB Raven. Game boots partially: playfield feature lights come on and go into attract mode. Displays do not come on, game will not accept credits and will not start a game. Must an 80b have a battery in or connected to the CPU to fully boot? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Al

2 months later
#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Game lights and boots up goes into attract mode
Display doesn’t come on
No sound
Helicopter works in attract mode!

My Raven has these same symptoms. I tried a known good board with the old Raven ROMs and it helped but still would not fully boot and start a game. I tried the good MPU with Diamond Lady ROMs and they game worked fine except many things were wacky because of the wrong ROMs.
All ground mods had been done along with slam switch modded but reflowing the daughterboard had not been done. I sent the whole thing to John's Jukes for repair and possibly new ROMs.

3 months later
#282 6 years ago

Bridge rectifier on my Raven just shorted out and pumped 25 volts through the entire 6 volt circuit. Blew every lamp. Shit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Alan_L.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raven-members-only?tu=Alan_L and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.