Pred 1 (resized).jpg
Predful (resized).jpg
pf rlcd (resized).jpg
pf drops (resized).jpg
Rav Pops (resized).jpg
Predator POPS n Drops (resized).jpg
Predator PST 1 (resized).jpg
D2924A70-88D1-4EA9-94FB-A7736F2E3B6C (resized).jpeg
There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 2 years ago

I’m not sure if anybody needs this, but I made a speaker grill graphic a while back. My Raven had a genesis speaker grill cover so I replaced it with this. I have the cut file for the plexi and also the graphic that goes on underneath. I had mine reversed printed and applied it to the reverse side of the plexi. Let me know if anyone needs this.

69CBFCFA-7626-49ED-8477-779A45DC04D0 (resized).jpeg69CBFCFA-7626-49ED-8477-779A45DC04D0 (resized).jpegFCBC6DD0-1A40-403B-8B8A-B8789CCD96B9 (resized).jpegFCBC6DD0-1A40-403B-8B8A-B8789CCD96B9 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#402 2 years ago
Quoted from Jazz-e:

What a little ledstrip can accomplish! Smashing pin now!
[quoted image]

Can you some info about how you wired this?

2 months later
#403 2 years ago

Hi

What typ of legs is original on raven ?
All 4 same length?

#404 2 years ago

I have a mold made up for the Raven ramps...there are still a few NOS ones left out there, but I plan to run some in colors. Would anyone have interest in a red, green or yellow ramp?

#405 2 years ago

I would like a colored one, not sure which color yet though. I'll get this along with the Hot Shots ramp )

#406 2 years ago

I'd actually like a clear one. I'll wait & see what the coloured ones look like. Thanks for doing this.

#407 2 years ago

This is the first test pull...don't look too close, the ends with the mounting tabs need some work. That area is kind of tricky, and will probably need a little help forming each time.

20210922_154221 (resized).jpg20210922_154221 (resized).jpg
#408 2 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

What typ of legs is original on raven ?
All 4 same length?

27 inch legs and all are the same size. When I bought my Raven it had the taller 31 inch ones and it was weirdly tall.

I double checked my answer with some research. Don't want to give bad advice
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-leg-sizes-list-
http://www.pbresource.com/legs.html

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This is the first test pull...don't look too close, the ends with the mounting tabs need some work. That area is kind of tricky, and will probably need a little help forming each time.
[quoted image]

Very cool. Friend and I were going to ask you about this at Pinfest but you were tied up talking to others. Thanks for making a Raven ramp. My OEM one is holding up great, but glad to know there is an option.

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Very cool. Friend and I were going to ask you about this at Pinfest but you were tied up talking to others. Thanks for making a Raven ramp. My OEM one is holding up great, but glad to know there is an option.

Thanks! I don't think Raven ramps really ever get abused due to how they are fed, but they just seem to go yellow or cloudy over time.

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Thanks! I don't think Raven ramps really ever get abused due to how they are fed, but they just seem to go yellow or cloudy over time.

Yep, cloudy and also I’ll say that with well built flippers and some Titan rubber on them, the ball will fly fast off of the triple target banks and crack back up at (and up onto) the ramp. Always makes me nervous.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I have a mold made up for the Raven ramps...there are still a few NOS ones left out there, but I plan to run some in colors. Would anyone have interest in a red, green or yellow ramp?

As much as I like the idea of color, this "ramp" covers so much of the playfield. I know I would appreciate a not cloudy one.

A good color is tough too. Green goes with the theme, but I have never looked at Raven and thought "Needs more green".

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

As much as I like the idea of color, this "ramp" covers so much of the playfield. I know I would appreciate a not cloudy one.
A good color is tough too. Green goes with the theme, but I have never looked at Raven and thought "Needs more green".

How about a green, tan and brown transparent cammo ramp!?

4 weeks later
#414 2 years ago

Sucked it up and did the not so fun job of redoing all my target faces to the proper original ones. Over the years (before I bought it in 1993) it had numerous replacements and a hodgepodge of target faces.

I had two original reds up in the top 4 with one still in great shape, and one yellow on the lower 6 that wasn’t worth keeping.

Got them dialed in and backing foam added.

Here we go:
D2924A70-88D1-4EA9-94FB-A7736F2E3B6C (resized).jpegD2924A70-88D1-4EA9-94FB-A7736F2E3B6C (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#415 2 years ago

I recently got a Raven project and just got it back up and running. I'm not sure I've got the flipper angles correct though. Should you be able to regularly hit the ramp from a cradle position from the right flipper? So far I've only been able to do this one time and the ball BARELY got over the top of the ramp. Should you be able to make the ramp from a cradle position (versus if the ball has momentum coming down the lane) regularly. If yes, do I need the flipper angle to be lower or higher or what do I need to change? The coil is good as the flipper has good strength.

Also I have the machine at a 6 degree angle. What angle should Raven be at? I'm assuming this shot will be even harder if I increase the playfield angle.

#416 2 years ago

Another Raven question - I played a game where I got an extra ball, it asked me for my initials on my score and THEN gave me my extra ball and then asked me for my initials again for the new score. I can't imagine that's how it's supposed to work is it? Is this normal or a quirk I need to figure out how to fix?

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from toaster777:

Another Raven question - I played a game where I got an extra ball, it asked me for my initials on my score and THEN gave me my extra ball and then asked me for my initials again for the new score. I can't imagine that's how it's supposed to work is it? Is this normal or a quirk I need to figure out how to fix?

That’s not correct in how it worked on yours.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from toaster777:

I recently got a Raven project and just got it back up and running. I'm not sure I've got the flipper angles correct though. Should you be able to regularly hit the ramp from a cradle position from the right flipper? So far I've only been able to do this one time and the ball BARELY got over the top of the ramp. Should you be able to make the ramp from a cradle position (versus if the ball has momentum coming down the lane) regularly. If yes, do I need the flipper angle to be lower or higher or what do I need to change? The coil is good as the flipper has good strength.
Also I have the machine at a 6 degree angle. What angle should Raven be at? I'm assuming this shot will be even harder if I increase the playfield angle.

It’s super tough from cradle. Really needs the momentum coming down the inlane

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

It’s super tough from cradle. Really needs the momentum coming down the inlane

Thanks. That's what I figured but wanted to make sure.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

That’s not correct in how it worked on yours.

OK I think I know what happened. The dip switches were set to Novelty which appears awards points other than an extra ball so it asked for high score initials. I have a weird issue though happening with the left and right buttons to set initials. Something random happens when I use these buttons (tilt or reboot or lock up or it seems getting an extra ball). I'm assuming this is a switch matrix issue I'm going to have to figure out. If I don't use the left and right buttons everything works fine but those buttons cause weird things to happen whenever I try to use them. Has anyone ever experienced something like this?

#421 2 years ago

I've never used the L-R buttons except for entering initials. What are you trying to do with them?
I believe I can make the ramp from a cradle. My flippers point slightly down, with the centre of the left pointing towards the top of the "S" & the right pointing to the top of the "T".

2 weeks later
#422 2 years ago

Just picked up a Raven. This is my 2nd one, but the first one was years ago and was bought and sold as a project. Does anybody know if slingshot plastics are available anywhere? Also if there are any alternative, or good condition original translites around in the lower 48 that someone wants to part with?

1 month later
#424 2 years ago

I'm looking for plastics for my Raven, specifically the 2 above the targets in front of the pop bumpers - the targets you hit to make a sniper pop up. Does anyone have any available or know of anyone making them?

Also I wanted to buy some of the clear sniper drop targets to have just in case my current ones break. Pinball Resource had them but when I went to order they're out of stock and will no longer be making them. Does anyone else make these or have extras to sell? I can buy opaque ones but really wanted clear ones.

#425 2 years ago

If anyone wants to re-theme their raven to predator send me a pm.

Predator PST 1 (resized).jpgPredator PST 1 (resized).jpgPredator POPS n Drops (resized).jpgPredator POPS n Drops (resized).jpg
#426 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok now i want this game

1 week later
#427 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

That is great looking artwork! Nice job!

1 week later
#428 2 years ago

I got over to a friends house and installed a predator kit on his game. Turned out really fun. He had bright windows on the opposing wall so I couldn't get a nice straight on pic of the backglass but he is going to send me one over soon. Here are a few pics of how it turned out.

Predful (resized).jpgPredful (resized).jpgRav Pops (resized).jpgRav Pops (resized).jpgpf drops (resized).jpgpf drops (resized).jpgpf rlcd (resized).jpgpf rlcd (resized).jpg

#429 2 years ago

My friend texted me pics last night. No flash so the pictures are a little soft but the translite is super crisp and the colors really vibrant.

Pred 1 (resized).jpgPred 1 (resized).jpgpred 2 (resized).jpgpred 2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#430 1 year ago

In the club for better or worse! Haha. Nah I enjoy some old school for sure. Grabbed this with a hobbit so yeah odd pickup! Rebuilt right flipper and can finally make the ramp...even from cradle so gonna raise the angle a bit. Need new target decals next. It's a players condition but fun!

2 months later
#431 1 year ago

Have issue with sound, I have a the effect sounds but no background music. Dip switch work verified with meter. All ground Mods done. The red light comes on but does not blink.

1 month later
#432 1 year ago

Here's my custom Raven. I turned it into a Rambo / Raven themed. Changed out the design of the translight backglass and pop bumper stickers. I've included the artwork along with this, if someone wants to turn it into Rambo / Raven themed game.

1.78x1.78ver1 (resized).png1.78x1.78ver1 (resized).png1.78x1.78ver2 (resized).png1.78x1.78ver2 (resized).png1.78x1.78ver3 (resized).png1.78x1.78ver3 (resized).png1.78x1.78ver4 (resized).png1.78x1.78ver4 (resized).png20220915_103630 (resized).jpg20220915_103630 (resized).jpg20220915_103638 (resized).jpg20220915_103638 (resized).jpg25x20 (resized).png25x20 (resized).png
2 months later
#433 1 year ago

Here's video of the game completed with all the mods and images done. Please excuse my stuttering and rambling in video. I don't mind talking to someone else while being on camera, just not at the camera. I always feel pretty weird when talking to an inanimate object, "the camera".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raven-members-only/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.