Pred 1 (resized).jpg
Predful (resized).jpg
pf rlcd (resized).jpg
pf drops (resized).jpg
Rav Pops (resized).jpg
Predator POPS n Drops (resized).jpg
Predator PST 1 (resized).jpg
D2924A70-88D1-4EA9-94FB-A7736F2E3B6C (resized).jpeg
There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 7 years ago

Whoa, I didn't know that was possible! I guess with RAVEN Murphy's Law is in full effect. Still better than having a board burn up though.

#152 7 years ago

I just ordered this one, will post some pics when it arrives.

RavenSite02 (resized).jpgRavenSite02 (resized).jpg

#153 7 years ago

That's a better fit for the theme than the WWII one. Plus there is a chopper on the playfield.

#154 7 years ago

Hey Everyone Just Recently joined the club picking up a cheap raven. I am normally not a fan of the late 80's/90's Gottlieb models but I have really enjoyed shopping out this Raven! I have been tinkering with the LEDs, posts and rings and have found a couple nice mods that make this machine pop. I will post pics when I am done but here is example of what I mean. I took some black posts, and red rubber rings I had bought from Titan and used them on the ramp. I think it really compliments the Pop Bumper caps better than the orginal clear posts. Wattcha think?

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This perfect as an ALT Translite! Where did you get it!

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How much are they asking for it?

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Hey Everyone Just Recently joined the club picking up a cheap raven. I am normally not a fan of the late 80's/90's Gottlieb models but I have really enjoyed shopping out this Raven! I have been tinkering with the LEDs, posts and rings and have found a couple nice mods that make this machine pop. I will post pics when I am done but here is example of what I mean. I took some black posts, and red rubber rings I had bought from Titan and used them on the ramp. I think it really compliments the Pop Bumper caps better than the orginal clear posts. Wattcha think?

Looks great!!

Have you thought about using heat to make your ramp clear again?

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from KillerQ:

Looks great!!
Have you thought about using heat to make your ramp clear again?

I have not delved into the flame polish method. I have heard of it but how hard is it to do?

#159 7 years ago

I ordered it from this site.
http://www.gameroom-parts.nl/Translites---Decals/

$95 US.

PM me for more details.

#160 7 years ago

Some of those are amazingly bad... I'm looking at you CONGO.

I wish they made a non-nude CFTBL one.

#161 7 years ago

Has anyone tried removing the mylar from their Raven? Any success ? What method did you use? Suggestions?

#162 7 years ago

I used the upside down can of air duster to remove mine. It was discussed in a thread a couple years ago.

#163 7 years ago

I removed mine with a heat gun , set to lowish , lifted off easy .
It had to remove it as it was lifted, manily from the arrow shaped inserts lifting grr. I have noticed a few games on here have the same problem
What glue is best to use on these?? . as they seem to want to lift up again .

#164 7 years ago

If anyone wants this translite pm me and I'll give you the contact, forget about that site.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from FirstPinGLin2011:

I used the upside down can of air duster to remove mine. It was discussed in a thread a couple years ago.

Quoted from Ralph67:

I removed mine with a heat gun , set to lowish , lifted off easy .

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I found Vid's Guide to mylar removal, and he recommends using the baking flour and 91% alcohol method to remove the glue residue after the mylar is gone. Did either one of you use that method, how did it work for you? Or did you use another method?

Thanks,

Alan

#166 7 years ago

Working in a mall toady and I took a quick peek in the arcade to see the one pinball machine they have....

20161024_095230 (resized).jpg20161024_095230 (resized).jpg

#167 7 years ago

Woah.... that's like a piece of History!!

#168 7 years ago

Yeah, I had completely forgotten about Pit Fighter until I saw it today. I wish I had had time to play those games.

#169 7 years ago

Here are a few more pics of the Raven I just finished shopping out. I did color coordinated plastic posts mostly green and yellow to accent the colors on the playfield. Rubber rings are black, red and white. The two flashers I did in LED Red (Posts) and it looks awesome when the mortar sound goes off and then they flash red with the explosion. Post toppers nuts I did in White and black. LED's are warm white under the plastics except for the lanes at the top I had some teal ones to put underneath the teal plastics and I think it looks great that way. I also used color changers for the xbonus inserts. Let me know what you think...it is now in marketplace ready for a buyer
20161025_072816 (resized).jpg20161025_072816 (resized).jpg
20161025_073247 (resized).jpg20161025_073247 (resized).jpg20161025_072946 (resized).jpg20161025_072946 (resized).jpg20161025_072928 (resized).jpg20161025_072928 (resized).jpg20161025_072750 (resized).jpg20161025_072750 (resized).jpg20161025_072709 (resized).jpg20161025_072709 (resized).jpg20161025_072700 (resized).jpg20161025_072700 (resized).jpg20161025_072652 (resized).jpg20161025_072652 (resized).jpg20161025_072627 (resized).jpg20161025_072627 (resized).jpg20161025_072620 (resized).jpg20161025_072620 (resized).jpg

20161025_072631 (resized).jpg20161025_072631 (resized).jpg

#170 7 years ago

Very nice !!!

#171 7 years ago

Here's a translate I did while I was slow at work. The original basically disintegrated.
I did it on two sheets of bond paper & glued them together using spray adhesive. I'm going to talk to our graphics department & see if they can print it on frosted Mylar at a higher resolution.

jungle1a (resized).jpgjungle1a (resized).jpg

Raven (resized).jpgRaven (resized).jpg

#172 7 years ago

Nice before and after Translite pics! If you scroll up a bit, I designed a few as well.

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

It has mold spots all over it. I'm going to try and clean it first but I might have to replace it.

As it turns out, it's not mildew or mold that's causing the green spots all over her. It's just discoloration of the translite because of age and heat, I guess.

So back to the original question: which one should I buy? An NOS translite if I can find it, or the one from post #106 for $95.00?

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

As it turns out, it's not mildew or mold that's causing the green spots all over her. It's just discoloration of the translite because of age and heat, I guess.
So back to the original question: which one should I buy? An NOS translite if I can find it, or the one from post #106 for $95.00?

I think the one I posted with the chopper is the best and it to is $95, the one in post #106 looks cheesy to me but if you like it then go for it.

#175 7 years ago

Finding the original in good condition will be very difficult.

1 week later
#176 7 years ago

A couple of questions:

Does the helicopter rotor turn all the time, or do I have a stuck relay or something?

Is there any way to test the LM338K voltage regulator on the power supply board? I have done all ground mods, reflowed all pins on the p/s board and replaced the pot

#177 7 years ago

The copter only spins occasionally in attract & when the spinner's spun.

1 week later
#178 7 years ago

All I can say is this is a must have for Raven.

DSC03371 (resized).JPGDSC03371 (resized).JPG

DSC03372 (resized).JPGDSC03372 (resized).JPG

DSC03370 (resized).JPGDSC03370 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#179 7 years ago

Wow that translite looks great! Here's 3 new ones.

Camo Raven Rev PST (resized).jpgCamo Raven Rev PST (resized).jpg

RAVEN CAMO PST (resized).jpgRAVEN CAMO PST (resized).jpg

RAVEN WATER PsT 2 (resized).jpgRAVEN WATER PsT 2 (resized).jpg

#180 7 years ago

I like the top one best!

#181 7 years ago

Me too but as much as I like those women it makes it a little bit too cheese and I like cheese, I think the Jungle with the sniper and the Chopper would be perfect.

2 months later
#182 7 years ago

I have a Raven and all of the snipers pop up when a game is started. I have to knock them down at the begging of each game but the game doesn't score these hits. I don't think this is suppose to happen.

#183 7 years ago

My ramp wont lift up and my 2 snipers are dead......

2 months later
#184 6 years ago
Quoted from charliebrown2417:

Anyone selling?
I'm buying
Not kidding.

Are you still looking for a Raven? Lol

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

All I can say is this is a must have for Raven.

I like that backglass too. All the other Alt translites don't have the class of the original.

I did a quick google search and the image on this translite is a screen capture from the game Call of Duty. You can see the image on this page. https://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Black-Online-Game/dp/B009GKT2YU

I found a super hi-res version. The only difference is that the creator of the translite muted the colors a little to match the game.

Does anyone have a vector version of the Raven name? I was never a fan of the word "Operation" added to the title, so I am going to make one without it. Otherwise, I can redraw it; I'm just lazy.

#186 6 years ago

It's not perfect, but this is what I have so far. I hate redrawing vector stuff, but I guess it will come in handy if I need to print stencils.

The full-size version will print at 150dpi, which will look fine. I'm not 100% sure I have the color balance right. I went a little greener with the palette than the ebay version. Darker might be better since it is back-lit.

I'll look at it tomorrow. I have a few things to send to the printer, so I'll see if I like this then. I think it's under $30 to print as a back-lit poster.

ravenSMall (resized).pngravenSMall (resized).png

#187 6 years ago

Well, I changed my mind a little. I don't want some warmed over Call of Duty screen capture. So I am going to print this instead.
RavenBg (resized).pngRavenBg (resized).png

I prefer drawn art and felt the game would look great with a drawn version of the backglass.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Well, I changed my mind a little. I don't want some warmed over Call of Duty screen capture. So I am going to print this instead.

I prefer drawn art and felt the game would look great with a drawn version of the backglass.

I cant wait to see this on your game

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I cant wait to see this on your game

A pinsider named stpcore is going to print them. I'll post pics of the sample when it comes in.

1 week later
#190 6 years ago

I need sniper decals and a translite if anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from cutsalot:

I need sniper decals and a translite if anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks

I think Pinball Resource has a full decal set for this game still. http://www.pbresource.com/pfplayf.htm He doesn't have any NOS translites and I don't think he has ordered a reprint run.

I don't know if you are into the alt translites at all, but stpcore is printing off the hand drawn one and I should have pictures of it in my game soon.

1 week later
#192 6 years ago

WTB: Raven

#193 6 years ago

Brave move

I really like the game. It's tough, but fun when you can get to the special.

#194 6 years ago

I wouldn't mind finding a Raven on the cheap. Figured if I threw this image in the backglass and some Cobra stickers on the pop bumpers, it'd suck a lot less.

header (resized).jpgheader (resized).jpg

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

I wouldn't mind finding a Raven on the cheap. Figured if I threw this image in the backglass and some Cobra stickers on the pop bumpers, it'd suck a lot less.

Nice! You would have to be in the GI Joe club then

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I think Pinball Resource has a full decal set for this game still. http://www.pbresource.com/pfplayf.htm He doesn't have any NOS translites and I don't think he has ordered a reprint run.
I don't know if you are into the alt translites at all, but stpcore is printing off the hand drawn one and I should have pictures of it in my game soon.

Looking forward to seeing this in a game.

#197 6 years ago

It's here and it looks great. A fellow pinsider named stpcore printed it up for me. If you want one for yourself you can order with him.

IMG_20170622_190150194_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20170622_190150194_HDR (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#198 6 years ago

So I remember a thread where someone completely decked out their Raven. Machine isn't here. Can't find the thread. Anyone seen it? He put foliage and stuff in.

#199 6 years ago

Gotta see that!

2 weeks later
#200 6 years ago

I joined this elite club today!

I could use some help. everything seems to be running ok except few things. I dont know the game every well so that might be part of the problem.

I cant seem to get the ramp to go up? is it supposed to start in the up position?

The two snipers closest to the player, i cant seem to get them to pop. The arrow lights up, but they dont come up.

Also i seem to lose sound mid game. its weird, ball two or three the sounds go out, there is a hum in the speakers. However turn off game and turn back on sounds return and does same thing.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raven-members-only/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.