• Latest reply 7 years ago by mr2xbass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1469751150208-147459602_(resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

I'm taking my Raven to the upcoming Cleveland Show and since it doesn't have a free play option, if like to add a credit button so it's not one of those machines with no credits.

Is there a standard, clean install way to do this?

1469751150208-147459602_(resized).jpg1469751150208-147459602_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

The way they do it on Bally games is to put another leaf switch behind the start button that is connected to the credit switch.

#3 7 years ago

Dude, if you were closer I would trade you my already drilled door for a clean one. Don't drill that defenseless door.

Get the free-play rom. No matter where you put the button, no one will see it. You will still be adding games yourself all the time. The second leaf switch might be a good solutions too.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Dude, if you were closer I would trade you my already drilled door for a clean one. Don't drill that defenseless door.
Get the free-play rom. No matter where you put the button, no one will see it. You will still be adding games yourself all the time. The second leaf switch might be a good solutions too.

I'm definitely going to look at it tomorrow. I really like the Start button idea. Especially at a show where a lot of the public don't know how to operate a machine in the first place, the start button makes adding a credit idiot proof.

#5 7 years ago

Can you just set the replay score really low, say 10,000 so that pretty much anyone that plays it will win a free game? Put a few credits on it to start the show and then every player should get an extra game by basically plunging the ball. If the game has multipe replay settings then set them all low to be sure there are credits on the game at all times.

#7 7 years ago

The leaf switch being the start button is also an easy option if you don't have access to a rom burner. Even easier because if you look between your two coin mechs, I bet you'll find a bundled set of two wires with crimp contacts all ready to be put on a switch. They are connected to the "center coin chute" (if you ever wondered why in bookkeeping there is a page for right, left, and center chutes but there are only two chutes).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Warrington, PENNSYLVANIA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raven-how-to-add-a-credit-button and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.