6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6B7F80EF-D42A-414E-B0AD-126E4B8D11D5 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Hoping to get some feedback on yet another system 80b ghost issue. So 2 of the 4 drop targets refuse to work. Also, glass off, playing a game by hand, doing the objectives to light “extra” and “ball” makes the game shut off and on, although without resetting. The extra ball lights blink quickly before this happens too. Needless to say, the “shoot again” light doesn’t show you earned the extra ball. As far as the drop targets go, the 2 lower playfield sniper targets don’t do anything during gameplay or in test mode. Also have 1 flasher that’s not flashing when it’s suppose to and swapping with another flasher showed it wasn’t the bulb. Doesn’t come on during any of the tests either.
I just put a new mpu in her from schwemmer after destroying the daughter board. It pretty much fixed all previous issues except for the few I’ve described here. I’ve done the ground mods but I’m concerned it’s failed driver board components. Looks like one transistor was replaced and one chip as well. Reflowed the backside of the chip because it didn’t look the best but no change. Much appreciated if anyone can start me on the right path to clearing up these few things. Thanks!!

6B7F80EF-D42A-414E-B0AD-126E4B8D11D5 (resized).jpeg6B7F80EF-D42A-414E-B0AD-126E4B8D11D5 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#2 5 years ago

FlippinOut I have a similar issue where only 2 of 4 work but it’s random. Did you ever figure this out?

2 weeks later
#3 5 years ago

Nope. Relentlessly trying to figure it out though. Just waiting for replies. While I wait, what exactly is yours doing, or not doing should I say? Perhaps there's some consistency here that we can both squash

1 week later
#4 5 years ago

SOLVED!! So first, thanks to everyone at southern fried for the suggestions. Turns out the U6 chip was from a bad batch. It controls the solenoids. I had to desolder and swap the chip off of the old board onto the new one and play around with the dip switches to get everything squared away. I wasn't aware at the time, but apparently the knocker wasn't working either. This also took care of that. So I probably didn't even have to replace the driver board after all. That was a costly lesson but I guess the silver lining is I learned something. I swear, all the volunteer techs at SFGE gave me more education in half an hour than I've learned about computers in my whole life. I think it may have reignited my madness too. *sigh* back to the projects that were on the back burner. haha!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raven-24-drop-targets-not-firing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.