• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cperro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I recently picked up a Raven and got one of myPinballs CPU boards for it. I'm having a couple issues at the moment though. First is the snipers do not seem to be scoring. The switches look to be properly opening and closing but I don't get any points when they are all hit down, which according to the manual it says I should get 50000 I think when they are all down.

If these are typical issues, is there anything I should be checking. It shouldn't be an issue with the new board.

Edit: helicopter is working now, but I still have the issue with the snipers

Edit2: I don't know exactly how the gameplay is suppose to work but I have noticed that if you hit a number of the targets, a single sniper will pop up and when I hit it down, I will score points. Am I missing something in terms of the gameplay since when the game starts, all 4 snipers engage, and if they get knocked down I get no points so this is where I'm confused I guess.

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

After some investigation, it looks like the coils that are suppose to reset the targets (A-19508?) are cut and look pretty toasty, same thing was done with one of my pop bumpers. So something fried them at one point it seems. I don't have any spares so I will have to buy some and see what happens with some new ones now that I have a new mpu in there. I was reading an older thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-raven-drop-target-trip-coils) which had what I think is the same issue and someone said it was likely bad transistors. I'm a bit new to SS machines so I was wondering what transistors could the issue or if it could be something else? Any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raven-1986-helicopter-and-sniper-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.