Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinballlizard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Have a Gottlieb Raven with a problem. Unfortunately ; for me and my tinkering, the problem became doubled. Originally one of the four pop bumpers was not working (when purchased). I checked for continuity at the coil , also checked for power to the coil. Both positive. Cleaned off the switch. Figured maybe its the coil. So I did a move which in hindsight may not have been the best. I removed the coil from one of the other functioning pop bumpers and used it in the none functioning one. Well now I have two none functioning pop bumpers. BUT....they are giving me the same reaction which makes me believe that they are both suffering from the same malady. Something happened during the rebuilding process which I duplicated. Maybe there was something I missed in the video.

#2 4 years ago

I don't know if it's any help, but when I had one go dead, I switched the connector from a working pop bumper to non-working pop bumper's driver board to see if the coil/EOS switch or the driver board was the problem.
Perhaps there was something wrong with the coil that blew a diode or transistor on the pop bumper board & when you hooked it up to the other board it blew that one? I know squat about electronic stuff so I'm just guessing.
If you take the connector from a working pop bumper & plug it into a non-working one, I can't imagine that it would harm anything, but if the bumper still works, you'll know the board's good & there's a problem in the wiring or coil/EOS.
Also, take the pop bumper fuses out & check them with a DMM. I had a fuse that looked fine, but tested bad.

On another note, does your right flipper button control the top rollover lights? It says it does in the manual, but it doesn't on my Raven.

#3 4 years ago

ohm out the coils and make sure that you don't have a shorted one taking out your boards. Then rebuild the board and add the LEDs that help diagnosis of the boards. Here is some reading for you

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Pop_bumper_problems

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 8.40
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 14.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 16.00
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 142.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside