You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

il_fullxfull.972533480_tmof (resized).jpg
IMG_20190706_164435496 (resized).jpg
65393207_10156619926616243_1743723852791283712_n (resized).jpg
IMG_20190707_110427150 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

I hear you making a meta-point about how your life viewpoint at any given point in time, can color the reviews (of anything). This is true.

I'll say this.

I'm not great at reading rules and making sense out of them. I am mostly sure that that was an intentional move -- to increase revenue -- keep them vague!

The reason I mention that -- is that some of my reviews don't even take the rules or code into account. (I am so focused on layout and the sounds.) And when someone is generous with his time, and shows me the game rules, I tend to come home and up the rating a little bit...

It's funny the different ways various games wind their ways into our hearts, and apparently one of my favorite ways is when someone gives me a guided tour...

ALSO, leaving a number rating for a game is tricky business. I have most games on a scale from 6-10. I do that because I think most pinball is good. My main goal in ranking them is to find a way to put them all in order in my mind/heart... Whether I started at 1 or 6 doesn't matter in my system, but I choose to kinda start at 6 as my way of honoring most games to some degree... Now if I got to rating 800+ games like you, then I'd be hard-pressed to use the entire strength of the decimal system and start my reviews at 1 and slowly work my way up... I am lucky to still be <100 ratings.

In my world, my ratings are bread crumbs for me...

So, I hope you can find a way to not give a rat's ass as to what anyone thinks about you or your reviews. For every disappointment, there are many other people out there appreciative that you've left so many thoughtful reviews.

-mof

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 199.95
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ratings-time-and-the-seriousnesses-of-pinball?tu=mof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.