(Topic ID: 145229)

Rating EM-Pins (?)

By rolf_martin_062

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PI2.jpg
    PI.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

The ratings are a big clunky. I've personalized my rating preferences as much as I can, and rated each game carefully and honestly, and still have games in my ratings list that I like more rated lower than games I like less. There are games I like that have bad art that are better than games I like that have great art, but because I am honest about the art, the entire rating suffers... even though I have the "art" importance slider as low as I can make it.

Mostly, the game ratings are just fun. Put time into writing a good written review, and everything will take care of itself.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What I have found is if you go by what the masses say are the best games then you end up with a cookie cutter collection just like theirs. Same as with the newer machines. I think is best to do your own research and seek out gems that aren't discussed much and you can end up with more variety. That's what I did. Most of the heavy hitters are now down the road and aren't missed at all.

Some of the heavy hitters I like, some I don't. I have a nice selection of EM's now too. Seven! Not too bad.... Capersville looks interesting. They made quite a few of them. Odd that you don't see them around too often. It took me many years to find a Fireball, though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rating-em-pins?tu=tamoore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.