(Topic ID: 115292)

Rather than turning them into coffee tables...

By DirtFlipper

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NextoPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00X0X_8zSbPXjcnqC_600x450.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NextoPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

Ya know, If you were going to make a coffee table out of one, at least make it interactive somehow. level it out and make some sort of head to head nudging game or something, but to just have it gutted and sitting there kinda sucks.

I saved my Aztec from this fate, I'm still looking for the parts to get it going again, has no bottom board or backbox, legs etc.

Here's the pic from the craigslist ad. I just have it stored waiting for the day I find a blown out Aztec or have enough money to convert it to solid state. If it doesn't happen soon though, I may just store the playfield on the wall and convert the cabinet to a virtual (*GASP*)

00X0X_8zSbPXjcnqC_600x450.jpg00X0X_8zSbPXjcnqC_600x450.jpg
    #7 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Ya know, If you were going to make a coffee table out of one, at least make it interactive somehow. level it out and make some sort of head to head nudging game or something, but to just have it gutted and sitting there kinda sucks.
    I saved my Aztec from this fate, I'm still looking for the parts to get it going again, has no bottom board or backbox, legs etc.
    Here's the pic from the craigslist ad. I just have it stored waiting for the day I find a blown out Aztec or have enough money to convert it to solid state. If it doesn't happen soon though, I may just store the playfield on the wall and convert the cabinet to a virtual (*GASP*)

00X0X_8zSbPXjcnqC_600x450.jpg 28 KB

I found one! and the playfield is worse than my "coffee table"!! Backglass and mechanicals seem to be in good condition too!

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from jhanson:

You could totally give them some simple logic and sounds/music with an Arduino and/or Raspberry Pi.

I thought about it. I was going to use Visual Pinball to drive the backglass and Arduino/PROC or something for the logic and a PICO projector to display the backglass on the wall and make it a playable coffee table but 'ain't nobody got time for dat'

Now that I have a complete unit I can play it the way god intended. As an EM.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NextoPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rather-than-turning-them-into-coffee-tables?tu=NextoPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.