Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Any other choices?
Sorry, none of those excite me.

So why bother posting anything?

#4 9 years ago

Any other choices?

Wow, Pinside hasn't changed the 6 months I was away. Are the only machines worth talking about $5k plus?

#5 9 years ago

Atlantis is the only one out of those that I've played, and I love it. It's a terrific game.

As far as from what I've seen of the others I'd honestly prefer Firepower over Firepower 2, so I'd put the Firepower 2 last since there's another which seems like a direct upgrade to me.

So with that said...
1. Atlantis
2. Flash
3. Firepower 2

#6 9 years ago

I haven't played Bally Atlantis, so can't comment on that.

Between Flash and Firepower 2? Tough choice. If you want single ball, I think Flash is a better overall game, but if you have to have multiball then Firepower 2. The shot right up the middle to start multiball is tight as crap and tough, but fun game!

#7 9 years ago

I would go with Atlantis. Lots going on with that machine, it's pretty. Flash is a classic but has never really interested me, and I find the original Firepower better than it's next of kin.

#8 9 years ago

Atlantis is very cool. I'd take a FP2 over a Flash, but I'd take just about anything over a Flash.

#9 9 years ago

Buy the one that is in the best condition. Other than that, I would pick the Flash.

Here is why. Popular game designed by Steve Ritchie. First game with background sounds. First game with large flashers. Lots of us have played it, and should be fairly easily to re-sell.

Post edited by Darcy: Added more info.

#10 9 years ago

I would do atlantis, flash, firepower 2

#11 9 years ago

Atlantis
Firepower 2
Flash
Imo

#12 9 years ago

I had a Flash and liked it, but the girl on the backglass my wife didn't like. Then Flash had to go bye bye. Cheaper than getting a new wife.

#13 9 years ago

I like Atlantis. For games like these, I would go with what gives off the best nostalgic vibe. They're all great choices though

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from tbmi:

Wow, Pinside hasn't changed the 6 months I was away. Are the only machines worth talking about $5k plus?

Nope, it just keeps going.

I'd pick Atlantis, Firepower, Flash.

Atlantis is just a better game. There is more going on, and I think it is more fun to play.

The other two are simply preference. Both good solid examples of Williams Solid State as they were getting going. Personally I'd pick Firepower, but I just like the nature of the game over Flash.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

the girl on the backglass my wife didn't like. Then Flash had to go bye bye.

#16 9 years ago

Atlantis is the clear #1

#17 9 years ago

What DaveH said a few posts above.

#18 9 years ago

You didn't say if they were all in similar condition and also didn't say if prices were similar on each.

If all 3 were around the same price I think Atlantis would be the winner hands down. Neat - lower production machine and more modern than the other two. I have never played it but watching a couple sessions of it being played on line it is a machine I wouldn't mind owning.

As far as Flash or Firepower II they should be about even up if condition is similar on both. If we were talking Firepower and not Firepower II I would pick Firepower over Flash but I don't like Firepower II as well so I think I would actually pick Flash over Firepower II if I had to pick one of the two.

Regardless of which you pick I think they are all decent machines. I would prefer a Williams System 11 over any of them but Atlantis would likely be my first choice if I had to pick from these 3 even if Atlantis was more money.

#19 9 years ago

How about if Lethal Weapon 3 was added into the mix? These machines are all in the $900 to $1200 range and are all working (various conditions). Thanks again for all of the responses.

#20 9 years ago

Atlantis
Lethal Weapon 3
Fire Power 2
Flash

I'm bias, I really like Atlantis. Super fun game.

#21 9 years ago

Lw3 has the most to offer out of those 4. couple video modes 2 good ramps. I like atlantis's artwork the best outta the 4 tho. I'd go

Lw3
Atlantis
Flash
Firepower 2

#22 9 years ago

I like all these games , Lethal Weapon 3 has alot to offer in that price range , Atlantis is a better game though . But for me I really like Firepower 2 , it's a less complex game than Atlantis or Lethal Weapon 3 but it is really fun and I enjoy the shots on this game . Flash is a good game also but it would have to be priced less than the other ones to consider it .

#23 9 years ago

Flash. If I had one, I'd trick it out in blue (or, maybe, just cool white) themed super bright LED's. I'd also tie in some white Cointaker Post Flashers to the pops and slings. Wicked bright and wicked fast.

However, Flash is NOT a $900.00 game unless it has a perfect cabinet and playfield. That's why I'd go for a cheap Flash and trick it the freak out!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Flash. If I had one, I'd trick it out in blue (or, maybe, just cool white) themed super bright LED's. I'd also tie in some white Cointaker Post Flashers to the pops and slings. Wicked bright and wicked fast.
However, Flash is NOT a $900.00 game unless it has a perfect cabinet and playfield. That's why I'd go for a cheap Flash and trick it the freak out!

like this?
flash.jpgflash.jpg

#25 9 years ago

There is cureentry a Atlantis and hollywood heat for sale Chicago cl 2000 takes the both. Or they have separate prices.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from tbmi:

No, but it's easier to find pinsiders who have played 3 recent Sterns on location and can compare them, than can give educated opinions on three older pins.

Among the three, the only one I played recently is Flash. Cool game, I would certainly like to own it because it represents a historical double milestone (dynamic background sound and flash lamps) with good artwork, but unsure about its staying power in a small lineup.

#27 9 years ago

I have a really nice Firepower in Grand Rapids if you are interested.. Just needs to be put together and she's good to go.

#28 9 years ago

Oh - My Rankings of that list. Firepower II, Atlantis, and Flash. I've tried to love Flash, and just can't for some reason. Those old flippers on those Early SS always seem wimpy to me.

#29 9 years ago

Atlantis by a country mile over Firepower 2 and flash.

#30 9 years ago

1. Atlantis
2. Flash
3. Firepower 2

#31 9 years ago

Any other choices?

Quoted from tbmi:

Quoted from tbmi:

How about if Lethal Weapon 3 was added into the mix?

You rip the guy a new one, and then add another machine?

#32 9 years ago

I would not buy LW3 unless the sound is broken. Okay Okay Okay Okay!?

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

You rip the guy a new one, and then add another machine?

Exactly.

Everyone does not have the same taste. No offense intended.
Also, I found it is not good to base my purchases on what others like. Play it and see if you like it.

I'm sure you could find others in the same price range that you could like equally or even more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rate-these-machines-im-considering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.