View topic image gallery

IMG_1651 (resized).JPG
hqdefault (resized).jpg
hazoff (resized).jpg
IMG_4020 (resized).PNG
IMG_3219 (resized).JPG
IMG_3223 (resized).JPG
IMG_3221 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spankey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago

Played all three. DI is the best shooting and perhaps fun of them all. It's easily my favorite but WOZ is right up there. That game has come such a long way. Hobbit is just a different beast. It's not a game you can randomly flip at. I found it dull mostly due to its wide open playfield.

#27 6 years ago

I guess what I still find amusing is that if pinball was solely about theme it would easily be Hobbit, WOZ, DI. Since gameplay is important to me that order is reversed.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

DI, definitely. Every time I play it, I just have to play it one more time, and then one more time, and then one more time. It might be the most satisfying-shooting pin since the collapse, and the code is a lot of fun, too.

Exactly how I felt the first time I played it. Aside from the code the game is just built like a freakin tank.

#51 6 years ago

As for WOZ and it’s code. Wow! It really has come far. The rules, the lighting, etc. it is just not remotely the same game it was when launched...for the better! For me it takes the best of TSPP and TZ and raises it to another level.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just as FYI... three years ago I beat myself up for days deciding between a RR and Standard. I struck a sweet deal for a NIB standard, bought the Back Alley castle walls/tornado direct...and have never thought twice about it. In fact, when I step up to a RR, the lack of reflection off the powder coated habitrails is noteworthy... I think I actually prefer the silver!

I thought I was crazy for thinking the same thing. I'm in the process of adding the green legs, lock bar and side rails to a standard. I thought about changing the habitrails too but I was playing the game and loved how the lights reflected off the silver. I actually prefer the silver now. If you can get a standard for less money..talking a grand..it is well worth the difference.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Update I'm little late to the party but I'll be getting my first Jjp pin Woz RR with Rad Cal decals.

Can’t go wrong with that. I’m loving mine.

#153 6 years ago

I really haven’t heard people say “get over” the theme. Maybe “get” the theme by actually playing the game is more accurate. Not liking the guy with the phone is valid but saying the theme sucks because of one part of an entire art package says to me you haven’t seen or played the game. I didn’t like sweaty Angus on AC/DC Premium. Didnt make me not love the game.

1 week later
#194 6 years ago

The funny thing about WOZ was that during the pre-release the callouts made no sense and out of context were awful. It's like the isolated audio of David Lee Roth singing Running With The Devil without music. Also, playing earlier code on the machine on location, the game never really connected. Some games can be brutal and it takes awhile to get a feel for the game. Nothing you can really do on location for the average player. It also seemed a bit slow. Getting it home and playing with updated code and none of that is true. It has everything you can ask from a pinball machine. Lights, sounds, toys, rules.

All of that said, DI takes all that, puts it into a standard body and just ups the ante. It is quite possibly the perfect pinball machine. Over time I think it could become that rare game that everyone wishes they bought.

#212 6 years ago

I’m a JJP fan but I’m objective. A crap game is a crap game. To me TH is a crap game for all the reasons mentioned. It’s one I really wanted to lie and it is beautifully lit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spankey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rate-the-jjp-pins?tu=spankey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.