View topic image gallery

IMG_1651 (resized).JPG
hqdefault (resized).jpg
hazoff (resized).jpg
IMG_4020 (resized).PNG
IMG_3219 (resized).JPG
IMG_3223 (resized).JPG
IMG_3221 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 6 years ago

I'm going to say WOZ. The game is simply a loaded, beautiful, super deep masterpiece. Just an incredible pin.

I've owned a Hobbit now for a year and think its one of the best mode based games ever made. Great theme integration. With 2.0 the game is finally starting to feel complete. A final wizard mode and a few other small tweaks will help make the game feel like a masterpiece

I haven't had a chance to put a lot of time in on Dialed In but from what I've seen it's very impressive. The playfield looks packed and is loaded with unique toys.

I think all 3 JJP titles are fun, engaging and unique. Looking forward to #4!

3 years later
#239 3 years ago

I enjoy all JJP pins, just wanted to say that before you read below lol. I'm sure a good number of people will disagree with me.

As of today I would say The Hobbit is the best pin JJP has made to date. It's taken me a while to come to this conclusion and playing a lot of other modern pins. Yes the game doesn't have the best layout of all JJP pins but in my opinion it has by far the deepest level of theme integration ever created for a pin. Most mode based games are lucky to have a half dozen modes that feature the level of choreography (animations, video, music, sound effects, etc all timed to shots) that the book modes in The Hobbit contain. TH contains 30 main modes, the book modes, that not only feature great choreography but also excellent sound / music. Then there's the 3 Arkenstone modes that are deep with multiple stages.

There's also the toy / feature aspect of The Hobbit. It's beyond loaded. 11 drop targets, an interactive dragon toy that moves / talks, kickback, 4 molded beat pop ups, laser etched metal ramps, subway, two magnets, and a mini LCD toy all in a widebody pin, damn. All of those mechs are used in interesting ways thanks to the incredible code work by Keith Johnson, and Ted Estes. The sound design by David Thiel is among the best in pinball. Hell, there's also dozens of custom tracks in the game created by a Hollywood music group, Two Steps from Hell.

Pirates may have the better layout but the lack of licensed assets hurt the game deeply in my opinion and is why I sold it earlier this year. There's 125 main modes in Pirates but it might as well be 1 considering there's little mode choreography in them due to a lack of assets as well as only ever hearing one voice in the game. The pick a character feature mixes things up for the how modes are played / scored but its not the same as the deep objective based modes in The Hobbit. If Pirates had the same level of licensed assets as Hobbit it probably would have been my favorite pin.

My favorite pins are objective based, that tell a themes story through its code, and have a variety of modes with multiple levels / stages with great choreography. The Hobbit does that the best in my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rate-the-jjp-pins?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.