View topic image gallery

IMG_1651 (resized).JPG
hqdefault (resized).jpg
hazoff (resized).jpg
IMG_4020 (resized).PNG
IMG_3219 (resized).JPG
IMG_3223 (resized).JPG
IMG_3221 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 6 years ago

Wizard of Oz is an absolutely amazing pinball machine. There's so much to do, and it's fun doing it. Battle the Witch is a great mini wizard mode, much like Destroy the Ring (very similar path to get there). To me, Wizard of Oz is all the best of Lord of the Rings (code) and Twilight Zone (layout and toys). There is a barrier to entry, however. You need to know what you're doing to get the most out of it. Once you know, it's simply hard for many other games to measure up.

The Hobbit is a swing and a miss for me. It's beautiful and it sounds great, but the layout really holds it back. It's very pedestrian, despite their best efforts to pump it up with continued code support. I applaud the effort, but the game just doesn't work for me. Not every game can be a big winner.

Dialed In is shaping up to be something special. I can't remember the last time we got a game that shoots so smoothly and felt just so enjoyable to play from your first time walking up to it. Code is comparatively simple up against WoZ or some newer Sterns, but it's not the type of game that begs for very deep code. It remains to see how this game stacks up over time, but my early impressions with it are very, very positive.

Gun to my head, I'd say Wizard of Oz, but Dialed In has a real opportunity to surpass it.

1 week later
#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

According to Hazoff (even though these are his worst rated games he's ever played): WOZ is the best, followed by DI, and then TH. I finally agree with him!

It's best not to put much stock into his ratings/comments on games...just let him rant.

hazoff (resized).jpghazoff (resized).jpg

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Fuck the ratings, you guys are too much, I'll stay out of the JJP threads because obviously you can't say anything around here without being attacked, once you start looking into people's ratings and 2 posts is ranting then I have no time for you, what a bunch of pathetic losers.

Dude, it's a joke. You take all of this way too seriously and get so angry over a game you have zero interest in playing. If you rate something in the 5s, write it off and don't look back. Just find some chill.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I would say take the poll again in 2 years, after the shiney is off DI...believe things will be alot different.

Well, the next game will be out, for starters, but honestly, I think the biggest difference would be fewer votes for The Hobbit.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's sad if true, but suspect WOZ will retain more of a solid stance

The Hobbit is not a good pinball machine.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Get over it, like anyone cares about your opinion? How many times do you need to repeat yourself?
I like it and couldn't care less if you do or don't. Why don't you move on?

2 things:

1. You obviously care because you're bugged.
2. This is about comparing JJP machines and their quality. If you can't handle an opinion on a game in here, maybe you're a bit overly sensitive to begin with.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm not disputing that there are apparently plenty of former Hobbit owners; I've noticed that as well. My point was simply to point out that the quoted poster's claim re: TH is untrue.

I think there's plenty of room for people to enjoy it subjectively, but objectively it's riddled with all kinds of flaws that they're trying hard to mitigate through clever coding. The game never should have been a widebody, and there's a massive disconnect between the left and right hands of the playfield in the upper half (that 3rd flipper is proof enough of that).

There will be plenty of people who like The Hobbit, but over time its flaws will be more and more exposed, especially when compared to JJP's other games. In a thread that compares the three in a head-to-head-to-head fashion, more people will eventually run out of patience with The Hobbit when the other games are clearly better designed. Dialed In is just getting out into the wild now, it's going to steal lots of votes from The Hobbit.

In the overall scheme of things, The Hobbit isn't pure trash or anything, but if you're going to create a scale of great, good, decent, bad, and terrible pinball machines, The Hobbit won't fall into the good category on an objective measure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rate-the-jjp-pins?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.