View topic image gallery

IMG_1651 (resized).JPG
hqdefault (resized).jpg
hazoff (resized).jpg
IMG_4020 (resized).PNG
IMG_3219 (resized).JPG
IMG_3223 (resized).JPG
IMG_3221 (resized).JPG
There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't recall ever saying something like that.

Well I prob shouldn't have grouped you in...but saying

Quoted from PinMonk:But getting over the theme ...
Is just silly. but you're probably just saying that to counter the other point.

#152 6 years ago

It is rather interesting how JJP's two best, most popular games each have themes that require "getting past" while the third has a theme that was universally acceptable upon announcement, yet that one languishes in third place.

#153 6 years ago

I really haven’t heard people say “get over” the theme. Maybe “get” the theme by actually playing the game is more accurate. Not liking the guy with the phone is valid but saying the theme sucks because of one part of an entire art package says to me you haven’t seen or played the game. I didn’t like sweaty Angus on AC/DC Premium. Didnt make me not love the game.

#154 6 years ago

I still can't "get over" the comment about Stern laughing and throwing the comic at the DI reveal. I really hope that is not true.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I still can't "get over" the comment about Stern laughing and throwing the comic at the DI reveal. I really hope that is not true.

Check the recorded stream

#156 6 years ago

Well having played all three games this weekend at Pintastic I'll say they are all eye-catching and impressive at first glance.

Playing them....I liked them in this order....

1.) Dialed In - Loved it....had some great games on it so that makes it even better. After thinking the game through I am slightly bothered by the fact that the left upper third of the playfield seems cluttered to the point where you can barely see the pinball. I think with everything on this pinball machine they should have made it a widebody pin.

2.) The Hobbit - This is definitely the easiest pick up and play of the three JJP machines....playfield is very open the shots seemed pretty easy making the game instantly enjoyable for everyone. However I think once advanced players get more into this pinball it becomes a bit of a turnoff because it is so easy to accomplish multiball so the replay value of this pinball seems to decline pretty quickly and I think we are seeing that in the used prices for a Hobbit as an LE now can be had for sub $7k and I think they will decline even more in the low $6k range

3.) Wizard of Oz - This is definitely a beautiful piece. Only played a few games....definitely would like to try it again before I give it a proper review. Very busy playfield.....beautiful use of a widebody design. Game was just ok for me....kinda felt a little clunky to me...but that could be due to the depth of the ruleset and the fact that I needed more time on it. I do like the positive reviews from others on this pin though. Want to play it more before I really decide on this one.

The only thing I felt I didn't like about Dialed In was the playfield especially the upper left half felt cluttered and you couldn't see the ball much in that area. Wish it was a widebody pin and I think it really needs to be.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

3.) Wizard of Oz - This is definitely a beautiful piece. Only played a few games....definitely would like to try it again before I give it a proper review. Very busy playfield.....beautiful use of a widebody design. Game was just ok for me....kinda felt a little clunky to me...but that could be due to the depth of the ruleset and the fact that I needed more time on it. I do like the positive reviews from others on this pin though. Want to play it more before I really decide on this one.
The only thing I felt I didn't like about Dialed In was the playfield especially the upper left half felt cluttered and you couldn't see the ball much in that area. Wish it was a widebody pin and I think it really needs to be.

Regarding Woz it's definitely a pin that I didn't like initially, in fact I really didn't see why anyone liked it. But over time getting to play it and *know the rules* now I see why it's so great.

It doesn't shoot super smooth and doesn't have great ramps and I don't love upper PF that much. But once I got past all that and began to look at the layout in different way.

If you don't know the rules, it's beneficial to watch a tutorial and once I realize what I'm shooting for it really got to be wicked fun.

I just ordered a Woz RR so hopefully it will be as some people say it is.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Regarding Woz it's definitely a pin that I didn't like initially, in fact I really didn't see why anyone liked it. But over time getting to play it and *know the rules* now I see why it's so great.
It doesn't shoot super smooth and doesn't have great ramps and I don't love upper PF that much. But once I got past all that and began to look at the layout in different way.
If you don't know the rules, it's beneficial to watch a tutorial and once I realize what I'm shooting for it really got to be wicked fun.
I just ordered a Woz RR so hopefully it will be as some people say it is.

You chose wisely....congrats!!....the upper playfields actually get interesting in mb modes...fun to try and keep the house spinning, along with bashing the castle walls, while engaging on the main pf. A lot to keep track of....

#159 6 years ago

For me WOZ and DI were a close one/two, with TH in a far distant third. I've played WOZ a few times with weak flippers and that just kills the game, but when setup properly it's probably my favorite of the three. Dialed In does have the best layout, but for some reason I just don't enjoy playing it as much as WOZ. I will admit I haven't played many games on TH, but it's a game that seems like it shouldn't be in a wide body cabinet. With the wide open playfield there is so much lateral movement.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

RR does not include walls around witch only on castle.

Right. It comes with walls made by Back Alley.

The red smoke mod comes with a wall around the witch. It's 3 pieces: a new witch, red smoke, and a wall piece.

#161 6 years ago

According to Hazoff (even though these are his worst rated games he's ever played): WOZ is the best, followed by DI, and then TH. I finally agree with him!

IMG_4020 (resized).PNGIMG_4020 (resized).PNG

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Check the recorded stream

Can you provide a link? I was not aware of this story and have no clue where to look for. Thx !

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

According to Hazoff (even though these are his worst rated games he's ever played): WOZ is the best, followed by DI, and then TH. I finally agree with him!

Haha... wow - i must have over-rated Alien then

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

ccording to Hazoff (even though these are his worst rated games he's ever played): WOZ is the best, followed by DI, and then TH. I finally agree with him!

notice I didn't give them anything under 5, I'm not that big of a dick, well..... I actually like DI the best and will have to change that so we agree on nothing again JJP just needs to give me a theme I can get behind and I'm in.

#165 6 years ago

Themes don't make games fun. They just help the games presell easier and overcome flaws

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Themes don't make games fun. They just help the games presell easier and overcome flaws

you couldn't be more wrong about theme, regardless of how well a pin plays if the theme sucks I and many others can't get into it, would you be able to overlook a Death Metal themed pin because it flipped well? I doubt it. I like DI the best of the 3 JJP pins, I hope they make a BTTF or Bond pin next and I will become a customer, Toy Story ain't gonna cut the mustard regardless of gameplay.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

So true brother, so true!!

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

you couldn't be more wrong about theme, regardless of how well a pin plays if the theme sucks I and many others can't get into it, would you be able to overlook a Death Metal themed pin because it flipped well? I doubt it. I like DI the best of the 3 JJP pins, I hope they make a BTTF or Bond pin next and I will become a customer, Toy Story ain't gonna cut the mustard regardless of gameplay.

Yes if the game was fun and Playfield was inspiring then I def could. Not a fan of Aerosmith but 1 games is all it took for me to want to buy one.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's best not to put much stock into his ratings/comments on games...just let him rant.

hazoff (resized).jpghazoff (resized).jpg

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's best not to put much stock into his ratings/comments on games...just let him rant.

#171 6 years ago

Fuck the ratings, you guys are too much, I'll stay out of the JJP threads because obviously you can't say anything around here without being attacked, once you start looking into people's ratings and 2 posts is ranting then I have no time for you, what a bunch of pathetic losers.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Fuck the ratings, you guys are too much, I'll stay out of the JJP threads because obviously you can't say anything around here without being attacked, once you start looking into people's ratings and 2 posts is ranting then I have no time for you, what a bunch of pathetic losers.

If you are not coming back in this thread, were are you going?

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Dude, it's a joke. You take all of this way too seriously and get so angry over a game you have zero interest in playing. If you rate something in the 5s, write it off and don't look back. Just find some chill.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

So what if the theme was about abortion? would you want a pin like that in your collection just because it shoots good? Theme isn't everything, but it is important to most folks. Think about it. You but a car on a number of things, but mostly the way it looks.

BTW, my DILE gets delivered tomorrow!

#175 6 years ago

lol I'd play an abortion pin, that'd be hilarious

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

So what if the theme was about abortion? would you want a pin like that in your collection just because it shoots good? Theme isn't everything, but it is important to most folks. Think about it. You but a car on a number of things, but mostly the way it looks.
BTW, my DILE gets delivered tomorrow!

Well of course there are extremes that would turn off 99 percent of people. Dialed in seems like it's not a polarizing theme. Maybe some people wished it had A different name but that's minor. Not saying everyone should like it but it seems more generic middle ground than say a music pin or some movie/TV show.

#177 6 years ago

I would say take the poll again in 2 years, after the shiney is off DI...believe things will be alot different.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I would say take the poll again in 2 years, after the shiney is off DI...believe things will be alot different.

Well, the next game will be out, for starters, but honestly, I think the biggest difference would be fewer votes for The Hobbit.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well, the next game will be out, for starters, but honestly, I think the biggest difference would be fewer votes for The Hobbit.

That's sad if true, but suspect WOZ will retain more of a solid stance

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's sad if true, but suspect WOZ will retain more of a solid stance

The Hobbit is not a good pinball machine.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

So what if the theme was about abortion?

Yeah I don't like WWE either

Quoted from tryton1000:

would you want a pin like that in your collection just because it shoots good?

Well i owned a NF and had fun with which was aboot the worst theme imaginable (other than WWE)

Quoted from tryton1000:

Theme isn't everything, but it is important to most folks.

Why are people obsessed with telling people that don't find a theme that important, that other people think themes are important? Because these people are entrenched in the idea that pinball means NIB 2010+.

Quoted from tryton1000:

You but a car on a number of things, but mostly the way it looks.

Tell that to my 2002 Subaru.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've never put serious time on one.....the theme (yes, I said it ) never appealed to me...

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

... I'll stay out of the JJP threads...

HA!

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You're right, it's a GREAT pinball machine!

#185 6 years ago

I don't think TH is a good game. I owned WOZ for 3 years and I think it's a lot of fun and has a lot going on.

That said, DI I think is the best of the 3. I think the layout and shots are the best.

#186 6 years ago

Have not owned any JJP yet, but decided on Woz, Had wanted it for a long time, but decided to wait and see what 2-3 turned out to be.

I have learned that in this hobby there are two methods, one is to stop, look and listen. The other is to just dash out and buy something.

You may get lucky if you buy impulsively with a great buy such as let's say AcDc LE but you may also get a BM66 (you don't know).

Woz has grown on me over time. Initially wanted it but after playing at a few shows and prototype here or there and not knowing the rules and/or the rules not being complete, I never got into what was going on beyond the basic shots.

Woz has been out now 4 years and has had it's code updated, I feel it's probably not going to surprise me in a bad way.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The hobbit absolutely sucks. The only people who say it's good are the preorder suckers.
However, DI is really, really good. Goes to show what new upper management and a legendary designer can do for a business.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I couldn't thumbs up this statement up enough, truly an amazing must have mod for any machine I have ever seen.

Am I the only person who doesn't think this mod looks good? I could be wrong as I haven't seen in person but I like the witch in the tube (or don't see the value in replacing as the mod is expensive). What am I missing guys?

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Am I the only person who doesn't think this mod looks good? I could be wrong as I haven't seen in person but I like the witch in the tube (or don't see the value in replacing as the mod is expensive). What am I missing guys?

Um....yes you are....this mod gets the Witch in scale, eliminates the glare from the tube, and enhances the smoke effect x 1000. Only reason not to buy would be price....you need to check it out in person ( not really...the video is very cool)

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I would say take the poll again in 2 years, after the shiney is off DI...believe things will be alot different

A big factor in these polls is always how many of a title are owned by those voting.

A game that has 3,000 owners on this site will intrinsically do better than a game that only has 500 owners on this site. There are many reasons for this phenomenon.

DI! is selling really well right now. It likely won't outsell WOZ at the end of the day (3,500 WOZs sold...or thereabouts?), but it would be great for pinball if it did.

DI! is the first JJP game that is compelling me to open up my wallet. Ergo, I voted for DI!

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

A big factor in these polls is always how many of a title are owned by those voting.
A game that has 3,000 owners on this site will intrinsically do better than a game that only has 500 owners on this site. There are many reasons for this phenomenon.
DI! is selling really well right now. It likely won't outsell WOZ at the end of the day (3,500 WOZs sold...or thereabouts?), but it would be great for pinball if it did.
DI! is the first JJP game that is compelling me to open up my wallet. Ergo, I voted for DI!

Very interesting!!!...never thought about it like that. In this case, however, I think there is the "new" factor, as DI is beating WOZ in the polls. I compare it to the AC/DC vs. MET thing. Initially, you were burned alive if AC/DC wasn't the best thing ever, but then MET started creeping up, ultimately taking its place.

I think DI is great for pinball on several levels ( along w any new machine), but WOZ got my vote, as it's timeless, and truly earned JJP a spot on the map. A masterpiece in our hobby....

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

WOZ got my vote, as it's timeless, and truly earned JJP a spot on the map. A masterpiece in our hobby....

No doubt. WOZ is amazing in every way. Some people don't like the theme - that's fair enough, there is no single theme everyone will like - but no one can deny the quality, features, light show, diagnostics and supremely deep code.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Get over it, like anyone cares about your opinion? How many times do you need to repeat yourself?
I like it and couldn't care less if you do or don't. Why don't you move on?

#194 6 years ago

The funny thing about WOZ was that during the pre-release the callouts made no sense and out of context were awful. It's like the isolated audio of David Lee Roth singing Running With The Devil without music. Also, playing earlier code on the machine on location, the game never really connected. Some games can be brutal and it takes awhile to get a feel for the game. Nothing you can really do on location for the average player. It also seemed a bit slow. Getting it home and playing with updated code and none of that is true. It has everything you can ask from a pinball machine. Lights, sounds, toys, rules.

All of that said, DI takes all that, puts it into a standard body and just ups the ante. It is quite possibly the perfect pinball machine. Over time I think it could become that rare game that everyone wishes they bought.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

All of that said, DI takes all that, puts it into a standard body and just ups the ante. It is quite possibly the perfect pinball machine. Over time I think it could become that rare game that everyone wishes they bought.

You may be right...up until the cell phone rings and all those emojis pop up with that annoying popping sound and the machine started taking pictures of me when I'm picking my nose. Then I'd be sorry I bought it.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

It is quite possibly the perfect pinball machine. Over time I think it could become that rare game that everyone wishes they bought.

This is a JJP comparison thread so no bashing from me. Quite confident the above statement is WAY wrong. I'm glad you enjoy it however. I played it enough at expo to know I'll never own one. All the best for current , future owners. Looking forward to JJP#4.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Um, no you're not. I think the red smoke looks like a plastic model of salmon eggs used for bait.

The witch in the tube is worse though.

The castle well looks best to me.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Get over it, like anyone cares about your opinion? How many times do you need to repeat yourself?
I like it and couldn't care less if you do or don't. Why don't you move on?

2 things:

1. You obviously care because you're bugged.
2. This is about comparing JJP machines and their quality. If you can't handle an opinion on a game in here, maybe you're a bit overly sensitive to begin with.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Time will tell on how well the game is liked long term. I hardly doubt many will wish they had bought DI because DI should be available NIB for those that want one and have the cash for many many years since it is not a licensed theme. I suspect JJP will be making DI for at least 6 or 7 years if one assumes they stay in business and I would not be surprised if they make more after that period of time if they are thriving as a company.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Tell that to my 2002 Subaru.

I was just thinking today about how I have about 10 pinball machines each worth more than my 2005 Subaru that I drive to work every day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rate-the-jjp-pins/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.