View topic image gallery

IMG_1651 (resized).JPG
hqdefault (resized).jpg
hazoff (resized).jpg
IMG_4020 (resized).PNG
IMG_3219 (resized).JPG
IMG_3223 (resized).JPG
IMG_3221 (resized).JPG
There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm there. RRWOZ and DILE. Two very fun beautiful games. Nothing compares to these two pins.

They really are in a league of their own....

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They really are in a league of their own....

If you look at our collection if pins, we have the same taste.

#103 6 years ago

I was watching this tutorial and realized that I didn't know 90% of the rules.

It's a bit bittersweet getting the full game, rather than having to wait and see as the code evolved. However it's a great feeling to know that the code has been sweated over for years rather than with some Stern pins that get maybe a few bug fixed and maybe one or two code drops.

Not saying TWD, Met, etc,, Stern does have some great code as well as Tspp, LotR but some games you can never be sure if they will be finished well or just put in the microwave.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Update I'm little late to the party but I'll be getting my first Jjp pin Woz RR with Rad Cal decals.

Congrats! Woz RR is my all time favorite. Love my Hobbit to, and am strongly considering DI. Once you go jersey Jack, it's hard to go back.

#105 6 years ago

can't recall what the horse mode is about.

#106 6 years ago

The horse of a different color I consider a side thing.

I tried to emphasize it at one point now I ignore it.

I have enough with the Emeralds and maybe got 3 or 4 "diamonds I need to play better.

Check into the red smoke witch mod though.A must.

#107 6 years ago

My DI LE sits right between my RR WOZ and my TH Smaug SE. They are all fantastic games and it will take something very special (or about 8 very special games) for me to ever get rid of these three. I do consider my RR WOZ to be the crown jewel of my collection. It is a perfect blend of beauty and refinement that is the pinnacle of perfection in pinball to me currently.

#108 6 years ago

That there is this thread is encouraging. I have struggled to pick a winner @ JJP, so I own both WoZRR75 and THSE and curses, I'm selling STLE to make room for DI since I played it at MGC. But wait, I like Spooky so I bought an AMH and TZ #42. But then I like Borgy's AS, so I bought that. That settles things.

Except I'm selling my STLE to buy a the next Spooky title. But Homepin Thunderbirds Are Go is cool. Then again, Ben is working on Spooky #4. And thank God I'm not in on TBL or Alien or JPop or Kulek. Hell, I'm just happy to see Greg, Dennis, Steve and Charlie and Jack at the shows.

Reflecting, 8 years ago, none of these thoughts were in anybody's head, right? I wish I had such tough decisions 10 years ago. Lovely fork in the road .... Argh, so many choices, so little space. Makes me want to buy a location or a warehouse just to store NIB and old Gottlieb wedgeheads. WTF, pay storage fees instead of buying more pins? I'm having these thougts, and over arching remiinder... - ain't 2008 anymore, baby.

What about the dreams I have about my fav Golllieb add-a-balls, my SS tables of EBD and sharpshooter.What's odd is we think about our collections when 90% of the world worries about war, water or the next meal. Strange orb we live on indeed.

If these are the tough choices in life, we got it good.

Oh, my answer is WoZ , kinda sorta, b/c I really like my TH sitting next to my LOTR LE ( did I mention life is good?). Killing Smaug is a rush, then again, Valinor may never be reached. Beauty queens long for world peace - Like Ed Robertson, I long for SOTR, Valinor and 5 year Mission. Meh, to each his own I guess.

19 pins in my basement, and counting, and its tough to decide which to sell, or play, or trade.... and Dammit, there are 6 mores titles that several podcasts and pinball news are previewing - and which 200+ tourneys to attend. Umm, yeah, it ain't 2008 anymore and I should count my blessings 5x a day.

Did I say WoZ? I think I meant Hobbit. I'm indecisive, I've owned 95 and kept 20 - obviously not firm on anything in my collection.

How many still-in-business makers have a game(s) on the line. JJP, Stern, Spooky, HomePin, American Pinball? Maybe Dutch and the UK spit out a hoped-for tBL or Alien in 2017. And we can watch the threads and podcasts for the death-spiral of the 2 or 3 crash and burn sagas.

So to sum up....
Nevermind the preamble above- my next game is Alice Cooper since I met Alice at his food/brew place in April for FWTG in Phoenix. It was a dry heat. But the beer and people were cool. Long live Cooperstown.

So Yeah, that's my first-half 2017 pinball on a cracker. Weird, but true.

Finally, back to thread, I like WoZ best. THSE 2nd. And hope I own DI soon. But it appears Spooky gets my next $12k. on Alice and Scott's TnR.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

can't recall what the horse mode is about.

You have to collect enough "horses" for a full stable...starts at 4. Then you have to hit the HOADC collect shot under the right upper flipper (it's tough!). The kicker is it only counts as a win if your stable contains either all horses the same color or if they are all different (rainbow horses are wild, I think cows might be too). If you "win" you get a good point payout (depending on horse color) and the next stable takes +1 horses, so it's a little harder. It's good to play and win the 2nd level horse stable (with 5 horses) as it lights an extra ball on default settings! If you "lose" on the collect shot you drop down a level.

Not sure that made sense, but it's described well in the guide floating around.

Edit: forgot the best part! Winning also adds a multiplier to your munchkin modes that is added up during bonus for the munchkin modes played that ball...so if you had a nice munchkin mode it's WELL worth going for horses at that point.

#110 6 years ago

One more thing Rai: BUY the Red Smoke Witch mod made by Steve G. It's amazeballs and replaces the only mediocre part of the game (witch in a tube) with a quality, factory looking Witch without a sneeze guard. Do it now, thank me later.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

One more thing Rai: BUY the Red Smoke Witch mod made by Steve G. It's amazeballs and replaces the only mediocre part of the game (witch in a tube) with a quality, factory looking Witch without a sneeze guard. Do it now, thank me later.

I couldn't thumbs up this statement up enough, truly an amazing must have mod for any machine I have ever seen.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You have to collect enough "horses" for a full stable...starts at 4. Then you have to hit the HOADC collect shot under the right upper flipper (it's tough!). The kicker is it only counts as a win if your stable contains either all horses the same color or if they are all different (rainbow horses are wild, I think cows might be too). If you "win" you get a good point payout (depending on horse color) and the next stable takes +1 horses, so it's a little harder. It's good to play and win the 2nd level horse stable (with 5 horses) as it lights an extra ball on default settings! If you "lose" on the collect shot you drop down a level.
Not sure that made sense, but it's described well in the guide floating around.
Edit: forgot the best part! Winning also adds a multiplier to your munchkin modes that is added up during bonus for the munchkin modes played that ball...so if you had a nice munchkin mode it's WELL worth going for horses at that point.

what happens if you have four horses but two the same color?

How do I find the guide that's floating around?

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Is this better than the stone wall mod I've seen that looks like a well around the witch?

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is this better than the stone wall mod I've seen that looks like a well around the witch?

Phil, Buy the red smoke mod... it's $$ but is hands down the best mod out there. Totally changes the look of the game and the witch.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Phil, Buy the red smoke mod... it's $$ but is hands down the best mod out there. Totally changes the look of the game and the witch.

For sale at store?

#116 6 years ago

Just search Pinside for red smoke mod... a guy out in Cali (or Canada??) is making them. Rivals the Back Alley castle walls that come standard with you RR. It's a must have addition to any WOZ.

If you're driving through my area, hit me up and I'll show it to you. Looks spectacular in the game.

#117 6 years ago

RR does not include walls around witch only on castle.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what happens if you have four horses but two the same color?
How do I find the guide that's floating around?

It's considered a "loss", but you get points with value depending on horse color...just not as many.

#119 6 years ago

At my business. Dialed In is crushing every other pin. Nothing like this ever before.

Closest I recall is when Funhouse landed. I referred to it as a one in ten years pin. Then a year and a quarter later Addams. Wasn't expecting a pin like that so soon. Then five years later Medieval Madness, a timeless treasure I never thought I'd see again.

LTG : )

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

At my business. Dialed In is crushing every other pin

Wow nice! How aboot when Woz first hit because that was a big one right?

#121 6 years ago

If you take WOZ's code and stacking abilities, add it to a theme like Hobbit, intertwine the magic flow of Dialed In; you will then have JJP's best pin

...here's to #4!

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How aboot when Woz first hit because that was a big one right?

First pin I ever had that gave MM a run for it's money.

Until Dialed in, I had WOZ, Hobbit, Walking Dead pro, Medieval Madness original and remake, battling for first place.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

At my business. Dialed In is crushing every other pin. Nothing like this ever before.
Closest I recall is when Funhouse landed. I referred to it as a one in ten years pin. Then a year and a quarter later Addams. Wasn't expecting a pin like that so soon. Then five years later Medieval Madness, a timeless treasure I never thought I'd see again.

This doesn't surprise me. Even at the VIP lounge at Pintastic there was always a longer line for Dialed In than Star Wars.

I can't help but look back to the reveal and chuckle. There were people here saying this was gonna put JJP out of business

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Until Dialed in, I had WOZ, Hobbit, Walking Dead pro, Medieval Madness original and remake, battling for first place.

Nice!! MM days have come to an end.

#125 6 years ago

I lost the vote between my father and brother on which pin to add to our store. I said Dialed In, they ordered Hobbit and then told me. I'll hold out for JJP to make Toy Story....but I'm sure I'll own DI before that!

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This doesn't surprise me. Even at the VIP lounge at Pintastic there was always a longer line for Dialed In than Star Wars.
I can't help but look back to the reveal and chuckle. There were people here saying this was gonna put JJP out of business

I was in the banquet hall when Jack announced DI and over half the crowd walked out including Gary Stern laughing and throwing the comic books in the trash. Everyone was saying this is the end of JJP. It plays great and they are committed to good code, so will just keep getting better. I am very interested to see what #4 brings to the table.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I was in the banquet hall when Jack announced DI and over half the crowd walked out

Expo ? What wasn't said was half the room left to run across the parking lot to Twin Peaks to see scantly clad waitresses, have beer, and see the Alien pinball.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Expo ? What wasn't said was half the room left to run across the parking lot to Twin Peaks to see scantly clad waitresses, have beer, and see the Alien pinball.

I see, that would explain the mad rush out. LOL

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Prefer standard over RR.....WHAT? Cmon now. Happy you're good with your decision but lets not say crazy things like that haha

I have to agree. Owned a standard last year and later played a RR... yuck, not for me. I like the ECLE but playing one in Tampa a few months ago I just didn't like the overall look of the machine. There's something distracting about powered coated habitrails to my eye.

*except an AMAZING looking STTNG I saw with black habitrails. They basically disappear in that game which was a super cool effect

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This makes me really happy - I was glued to the stream, and while i am a huge Lawlor fan... the guy shouldn't be doing big presentations. They should have had a Big Bang (not BBB presenter in retrospect, and let Pat be the genius he is, but chuckling to himself, pulling the strings behind the scenes.

#132 6 years ago

WOZ will always be the flagship....my favorite by ALOT over the other 2....

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Absolutely a must!!!!

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

WOZ will always be the flagship....my favorite by ALOT over the other 2....

Now that Jack has re-upped the WoZ license, they'll be making them for a long time.

#135 6 years ago

I'm surprised DI leading the poll.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

including Gary Stern laughing and throwing the comic books in the trash.

Seriously? I watched the whole stream, and even I could feel the initial let down, but seriously. That sounds like a total jerk move. On kanedas podcast, Jack was asked about the impression of star wars, and Jack was a stand up guy. Anyway, I found a local DI and can't wait to finally try it.

#138 6 years ago

DI is an amazing game. I just can't ever own it because when I'm playing it, I can't get the Bob the Builder theme out of my head.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I was in the banquet hall when Jack announced DI and over half the crowd walked out including Gary Stern laughing and throwing the comic books in the trash. Everyone was saying this is the end of JJP.

I was there also main reason people left they brought more pizza in the hallway. Toss in I thought the presentation was long winded and the price announcement kind went over like a lead balloon.
We couldn't get near DI finally was able to play it twice Friday afternoon.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Now that Jack has re-upped the WoZ license, they'll be making them for a long time.

As they should...a timeless, proven machine, and a landmark pin. Is what it is......the other 2 may share the same build detail and other likenesses ( stellar lights, coding, etc.), but not in the same league.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have the pleasure of being local to this line up, its been a fun couple of years. Playing WOZ as each code level progressed, playing the super nice TWD, and being able to compare New vs Old MM's.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

DI is an amazing game. I just can't ever own it because when I'm playing it, I can't get the Bob the Builder theme out of my head.

I keep hearing Stern Wheel of Fortune in that end of ball bonus theme. I need to compare, they're very close.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I will admit that I said that I was afraid that it would put them out of business. I am happy to say that I was WAY wrong as I enjoy my DI LE.

#144 6 years ago

I really wish JJP would have gotten to do SW. It would have been so much better.
But, JJP #4 I'm hoping will be as good as the first 3.

#145 6 years ago

Pat is a genius and this is plain to see after you play Dialed In - it is something very special indeed. He just needs someone to work with in the theme department for future pins and he could take pinball to a whole new level. Read through all of pinside and everyone says the same thing - DI is great once you "get over" the theme.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Pat is a genius and this is plain to see after you play Dialed In - it is something very special indeed. He just needs someone to work with in the theme department for future pins and he could take pinball to a whole new level. Read through all of pinside and everyone says the same thing - DI is great once you "get over" the theme.

But getting over the theme takes one game, maybe two. Pat does what he does. Forcing a theme on him you end up with a game that's less than Pat, not more.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

He just needs someone to work with in the theme department for future pins and he could take pinball to a whole new level.

Quoted from PinMonk:

But getting over the theme takes one game, maybe two.

both of you are on the same side of dumbassery. Whom the hell thinks "Pat Lawlor Disaster theme; sounds shitty to me!"

#148 6 years ago

I found WOZ to be confusing and too many little tiny lights. I found the theme and that damn phone on DI annoying. TH is awesome.....

#149 6 years ago

It takes a team and I'm sure Pat can work with others. IMO, he just needs someone to take the edges off his genius to make it the best it can be. Look, I'm saying the game is genius and the pin is awesome just that there are a few elements that are just very strange and turn off 99% of people in pinball so of these just weren't there to begin with it would sell twice as many pins and you wouldn't keep hearing "one you get over theme it's great".

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

both of you are on the same side of dumbassery. Whom the hell thinks "Pat Lawlor Disaster theme; sounds shitty to me!"

I don't recall ever saying something like that. The order for DI was made for the route the day of the reveal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rate-the-jjp-pins/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.