7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Please let me know your thoughts on Shop-Out difficulty for the following list of games from easiest to most difficult.

I would like to know how everyone rates each full shop out.

* full shop out to me means full top side tear down/cleaning/ fixing any bits/ fresh rubbering/pf polish/ etc. Also bottom side cleaning/ full mech teardown and clean with new sleeves when reassemble/ fix and bits/ LEDs when putting back together.

I have got a few friends of varrying skillset and want to set them both up for success. I am likely loaning them each a game for them to cut their teeth on with shop-out and then they get to play it for a while.

List of games:
    No Fear, BSD, DH, Shadow, No Fear, Tommy, TZ

I have my thoughts but would appreciate others insight.

(for the friends that are getting these games, no need to weigh in that you both want TZ )

#2 7 years ago

bump

#3 7 years ago

Tommy
    No fear
    No fear
    Dirty Harry
    BSD
    Shadow
    TZ

#4 7 years ago

I don't think I'd lend out a TZ, that one even HEP doesn't like doing because of difficulty and time involved.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Tommy
    No fear
    No fear
    Dirty Harry
    BSD
    Shadow
    TZ

thanks

pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

I put NoFear and DH as easier just due to lack of pops. I have not pulled DH apart before but am guesisng the ramps and gun can be tricky.

#6 7 years ago

Ya.... and anything with another playfield is added difficulty.... never impossible... just more time... and more pictures!

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I put NoFear and DH as easier just due to lack of pops. I have not pulled DH apart before but am guesisng the ramps and gun can be tricky.

The ramps on DH are not freindly...and lots of ware/safe house screws hiding behind things. But mostly it's the damn interweaving ramps that have to be flexed pretty well do get past each other.

Besides some long shafts (TWSS) & hex extenders NF is pretty easy.

Haha yeah I wouldn't be loaning anyone one a TZ to cut their teeth on. I did a full tear down when I was new and it was a mistake.

#8 7 years ago

thanks guys.

Appreciate the thoughts.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rate-shop-out-difficulty-no-fear-bsd-dh-shadow-no-fear-tommy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.