94C7631F-6FA2-4C08-90BA-F5020BB5895F (resized).jpeg
CF42DDDD-98BF-45D0-BB59-74F395108EF8 (resized).jpeg
C1E099BA-6229-437A-8C93-AD615264E142 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
rs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Not sure if there would be interest, but I thought it might be fun to have a thread where people can rate and discuss movies they have been watching. Reviews don't have to be deep or sound like they were written by a film critic. You don't even need to write anything, just give it a score. I use 1-10. If you choose to write a review, out of courtesy to others, please try to avoid major spoilers...especially for movies that have been out for less then a year.

#2 4 years ago

JoJo Rabbit - 8.5 / 10
I enjoyed the way it tackled a tricky subject in a way that was equal parts humorous and moving. It was my pick for Best Picture.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5 4 years ago

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 6 / 10

I'm a pretty tough grader, with movies I really like getting an 7 or 8. With that said, this movie felt like an Andy Kaufman prank on the audience. If you step back perhaps there was something smart there, but it's less entertaining when the prank is on you. I thought the actors did a good job, especially Brad Pitt, but it seemed to play on the fact that you were waiting for a certain thing to happen.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Agree completely on this. 5.5 to 6. It was ok, but would not watch again.
Watched Joker. I give Joaquin about a 9 as an actor but this movie sucked. Maybe a 4? Story was weak, character development was weak. No really redeeming elements.

Joker - 7 / 10
I watched Joker a second time and ended up increasing my initial rating. I think the first time though I was expecting it to be a movie about, well, the Joker. You could take out everything comic related and it wouldn't change the film all that much. The second time though, I knew what it wasn't, so I was able to better appreciate it for what it was.

#17 4 years ago

Parasite - 7.5 / 10
Not my best picture, but since watching it I've been thinking more and more about the class symbolism in the film.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I though Real Steel was awful and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was great. Guess I wont be getting my movie tips from Pinside.

You're opinion is just as welcome as anyone else. We don't need a hive mind.

#20 4 years ago

BlacKkKlansman - 7.5 / 10
Honestly, I don't have much to add on this one. It was pretty much exactly what I was expecting.

PS: I currently have 110 movies on my backlog. I'm trying to chip away at it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rate-movies-you-ve-recently-watched?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.