Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

485B6E1C-CBAC-4AF6-96C5-0D08C78013B2 (resized).jpeg
    78EA5605-19B4-4186-A7DC-2A42E4FF3606 (resized).png
    940B2560-C69D-4846-B955-6E73ED6834D6 (resized).jpeg
    unnamed-15 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 1.25.45 PM (resized).png
    tumblr_pprzf0PYz61y62kvzo4_400.gif
    pun.gif
    B684E8E1-4E3B-40C8-AE5F-F19D3CB2D55B (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.46.03 AM (resized).png
    sammy (resized).jpg
    pinfall (resized).jpg
    E76D3E20-AFE1-40C6-A0E4-51FE22511EA9 (resized).jpeg
    Miracle1 (resized).jpg
    sycho-sid (resized).jpg
    CE63D7DE-025F-4811-B8D2-C664104406FF.gif
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 6 years ago

I just listen to the Post Wrestling Podcast recaps of Raw and Smackdown to keep up with wrestling. If they talk about something cool happening I’ll fast forward to it on the DVR. WAYYY too much product to keep up with now.

Last guy I was really into was Daniel Bryan because he was believable as a person. Now everyone is just way too scripted and robotic.

I do like what HHH is doing with NXT though. That is a great show and the Takeovers always deliver.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

I'm a dedicated listener of Cornette, too. I prefer Cornette's Drive-Thru (a short-form laid back Q&A from the fans) rather than the Cornette Experience (one topic, peppered with lots of political bitching), but grabbing clips from the Cornette You-Tube channel will give you the highlights of both, focussing on the funny stuff.
    I'm also enjoying Bruce Prichard's Something To Wrestle With podcast. It's a bit long in the tooth at times, but decent classic wrestling content from a twenty-plus year WWF insider.

I like both of Conrad’s shows. Tony Shiavone is just hilarious to me. They do go a little long a lot of the time though and sometimes they get a little too wrapped up in their catchphrases and T-shirts.

#82 6 years ago

Good to see Rollins got his curbstomp back.

#85 6 years ago

Raw 25 tonight should be fun. Bringing back lots of the favorites.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Think there will be any surprises? They are advertising Austin, Flair, Undertaker. I think the Rock is almost a guarantee but he comes back so often, I hope they don't let him take over the whole place. Austin really needs an outstanding return, and Undertaker may break kayfabe who knows. He's gotta be done, right?

I think Taker will do another Wrestlemania.

If they are going to try to reintroduce Hogan into the mix tonight would be the night for it. He was pretty nuclear for awhile though so knows if that will ever happen.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

In other news, I have my NXT Takeover tickets! Row 4 on the floor. The cameras will be to my back but everything in the ring will be framed toward us. Very excited!

Lucky! NXT Takeover specials always deliver. Raw 25, IMO, did not. Really sick of the writing on Raw and Smackdown.

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

So who you got winning the rumble?
    I'm praying for not Reigns or Cena, but have a bad feeling it will be one of them.
    Women should be Aska but strong rumors point towards Rousey showing up to spoil the party. NXT I'm sure will steal the show the night before anyway.

Isn’t it in Philly? Better not be Reigns unless they want the arena burned down.

#109 6 years ago

Adam Cole Bay Bay

#110 6 years ago

Nakamura vs Styles

#114 6 years ago

Rumble was good but Takeover was outstanding.

3 weeks later
    #131 6 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

I'll bump this thread up!
    My son and I sat ringside for an NXT house show in St. Catharines, Ontario last night. The quality of matches, for a house show, was off the charts. Black v. Velveteen and Murphy v. Ricochet stole the show. Ricochet did the 630 from the top right in front of us--a thing of beauty.
    We were front row on the aisle, so right in the thick of things, action-wise. My son got fist bumps from all of his favorites, and a big ol' sweaty hug from Roderick Strong. My kid is a fan of Andrade Almas (strange choice for a five-year-old, no?), and brought his Almas action figure to the show. He hoped to get a high five from Almas and show him that he has his action figure. Leading up to the event, I broke it to the kid gently that Almas was known as a "bad guy" and may not want to acknowledge him (knowing that kayfabe does still exist in SOME aspects of the WWE Universe!) On the way to the ring for the main event, Zelena Vega pointed at my kid's figure and smiled, and motioned for Almas to look over. Almas stopped, nodded and said "Smart boy!" After taking the loss in a mixed tag match, in a really weird breaking kayfabe kind of moment, Almas made a bee-line over to us for before heading up the ramp, grabbed the action figure and pressed it into my sons chest, mussed up his hair and gave him a fist bump. Even heels can appreciate their fans, I guess!
    Then my two-faced son pocketed the action figure and posed for pictures with the duo that beat his favourite wrestler: Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae.
    This was our third NXT show together (one Takeover, two house shows) and I'm constantly blown away at the level of in-ring ability these guys and girls bring to the table, as well as the class shown by performers. The whole "We Are NXT" thing is a gimmicky phrase, but it does ring true.

Awesome story and cute kiddo! He’s got good tastes... Almas is a badass.

NXT is truly the best thing going in WWE right now.

3 weeks later
    #153 6 years ago

Yeah, he’s kicking of the show tonight.

B49010CD-1358-4534-8337-C3BDA3164F0E (resized).jpegB49010CD-1358-4534-8337-C3BDA3164F0E (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #171 6 years ago

Hoping Roman becomes a Heyman guy and we get the heel turn.

#179 6 years ago

Lol southpaw shirt. Cool pic!

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Special event paid for by the Saudi Arabian royal family, which they will brand as a Network Exclusive . Kinda makes sense ... not sure if this will finally be the end for Brock or what.. 50 guys though. How do you book that?!

They need all the guys they can get... since by law no women are allowed to perform. Savages.

1 week later
    #205 6 years ago

You did not want to mess with Lawler back in the day.

#207 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Going to hang out with him in a couple weeks!!!

Legend! Get a pic!

4 months later
    #214 5 years ago

My current fave is Kyle O’Reilly

#220 5 years ago

It’s sad to say but WWE will have a better product when HHH is running it.

2 weeks later
    #224 5 years ago
    455915CB-2072-4CAA-AF28-E336C7E6B0B4.gif455915CB-2072-4CAA-AF28-E336C7E6B0B4.gif
    #233 5 years ago
    C6871274-96E9-4A8A-8817-A7FFDA50888C (resized).jpegC6871274-96E9-4A8A-8817-A7FFDA50888C (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #241 5 years ago

Angle, Big Show, HHH, Taker, HBK, Kane, Cena. Saudi money is strong!

1 week later
    #247 5 years ago

Damn. Roman is out to fight leukemia.

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep that’s exactly what I’m doing. I am on the fence about cancelling the Network though, yes because of Crown royal . I started out as a journalist so not to bring politics in, but it really bothers me that US companies are taking SO much money from that regime, and that Linda is part of the president’s cabinet. That does not seem right. But ae’ll See what happens with the sanctions. Anyway, sorry - wrestling:

Crown Royal lol... delicious. I hear the event is moving to the states.

I usually only check out Raw or Smackdown if I hear something on the Post Wrestling podcasts that sounds worth tuning in to.

3 weeks later
    #282 5 years ago

Got my Mania and Takeover Brooklyn tickets. First time to either. Should be a fun weekend!

#287 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Shit, I didn't know takeover went on sale already

I don’t think it did. Little nervous about that one. My brother bought from some shady ticket agency that says they will issue us tickets once they officially go on sale. Might just buy another set from a more official source once they’re really on sale.

1 week later
    #293 5 years ago

Walter is gonna put a hurtin’ on some NXT guys.

75804213-E005-4A43-9CF8-47CC9F02EE8C (resized).jpeg75804213-E005-4A43-9CF8-47CC9F02EE8C (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #298 5 years ago

Gonna shake up Raw by giving you the exact same crappy show.

2 weeks later
    #301 5 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

So All Elite Wrestling any thoughts? Seems like they have the funds.

I think it all rides on television. If Kenny ends up there that will help.

2 weeks later
    #314 5 years ago

So I’m guessing Seth and Becky I guess. Anyone else?

1 week later
    #343 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

So I’m guessing Seth and Becky I guess. Anyone else?

I was right! Although they made it pretty obvious.

#350 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I've been saying for years that wrestlers should get more time off. WWE will never get away from the year-round model. But there is no reason you can't write time off for everybody at different times of the year. Assuming a wrestler is healthy he'll be on TV every week. There is no reason the same person needs to be on TV 52 weeks in a row. Write in an injury angle, a suspension, contract negotiations, etc. But everybody will benefit from rotating time off. If that person has been off TV for 6-8 weeks, there will be a resurgence from the wrestler in terms of performance and the fans will give a refreshed pop.

I like this idea. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Unless you’re talking about Bray Wyatt.

1 month later
    #352 5 years ago

Anyone going to New York this weekend? My brother and I are going to Mania and NXT. Probably check out Sunshine while in Brooklyn.

#355 5 years ago

Scary moment as Hitman was attacked while giving his Hall of Fame speech.

725BFC89-7482-4E8C-BE73-8A014618D057 (resized).jpeg725BFC89-7482-4E8C-BE73-8A014618D057 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #379 4 years ago

Can’t wait til all these guys that are jumping back and forth magically pick a side and hate the other side come Survivor Series time. UNDER SEIGE!

#394 4 years ago

Sheikie baby

8C377E3F-BFF1-4508-B679-E058B92FBD2E (resized).jpeg8C377E3F-BFF1-4508-B679-E058B92FBD2E (resized).jpeg
    3 months later
    #406 4 years ago

Just hope it remains Trip’s vision. I could see the old man wanting to be all over it now. (Best Vince voice) “Goddamn pal, let’s get Roman on the show!”

4 weeks later
    #419 4 years ago

Really liked Cameron Grimes, Walter, Lio, and my favorite Pete Dunne.

Probably the only wrestling show I’ll be watching (cancelled cable).

Anyone know how long it will take to be on network after airing.

CE63D7DE-025F-4811-B8D2-C664104406FF.gifCE63D7DE-025F-4811-B8D2-C664104406FF.gif
    #426 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL I never saw this. Was that a shoot punch?

I wish.

Think it was a surprise Raw opponent for Enzo.

E76D3E20-AFE1-40C6-A0E4-51FE22511EA9 (resized).jpegE76D3E20-AFE1-40C6-A0E4-51FE22511EA9 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #464 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Isn’t MJF just a Miz knockoff? What am I missing?

I think the general consensus is that MJF just does it in a way that looks almost effortless. He has a certain level of legitimacy to his promos because he makes them seem so genuine.

Miz is alright and has had some good runs (like when he got hot after his Talking Smack promo) but tends to fall back into his typical try-hard persona.

1 month later
    #481 4 years ago

What, no love for Power?
    B684E8E1-4E3B-40C8-AE5F-F19D3CB2D55B (resized).jpegB684E8E1-4E3B-40C8-AE5F-F19D3CB2D55B (resized).jpeg

4 months later
    #499 4 years ago

Wrestlemania in the Performance Center with no fans... wow.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rasslin-wwe-njpw-roh-etc?tu=rascal_h and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.