Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

485B6E1C-CBAC-4AF6-96C5-0D08C78013B2 (resized).jpeg
    78EA5605-19B4-4186-A7DC-2A42E4FF3606 (resized).png
    940B2560-C69D-4846-B955-6E73ED6834D6 (resized).jpeg
    unnamed-15 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 1.25.45 PM (resized).png
    tumblr_pprzf0PYz61y62kvzo4_400.gif
    pun.gif
    B684E8E1-4E3B-40C8-AE5F-F19D3CB2D55B (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.46.03 AM (resized).png
    sammy (resized).jpg
    pinfall (resized).jpg
    E76D3E20-AFE1-40C6-A0E4-51FE22511EA9 (resized).jpeg
    Miracle1 (resized).jpg
    sycho-sid (resized).jpg
    CE63D7DE-025F-4811-B8D2-C664104406FF.gif
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 6 years ago

Huge Wrestling fan since I was a kid. Last Year I went to my first live WrestleMania. Looking forward to the Royal Rumble. Also like ROH.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

tomgwi Did you go to any of the other events when you went to mania (NXT Takeover, HOF, Raw after mania, etc)?

Originally it started as a vacation in Orlando that the end turned into a Wrestling Vacation. We did WrestleMania Axxess which was cool. We got autographs from Gallows and Anderson, Nia Jax and Dean Ambrose. I wanted to do NXT Takeover but was trying to score tickets Day of. Good deals went quick on tickets that came up for sale.
    We left the day after Mania so no Raw or SD.
    WrestleMania was a blast. I would do it again if I had the chance.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I think that's what I'm doing next weekend for Takeover. I have RR tickets already but my friend and I are rolling the dice and seeing if we can get some great seats last minute for Takeover.

I think it’s a good idea. I could got good seats for about $30 a piece for takeover. It was just hard to try and get 5 of them last minute.

#58 6 years ago

My wife told Ambrose he made the Christmas Card. He recommended above the fireplace. Loved meeting him in person.

1DD75CCC-96FF-47FA-9E53-E3A43AE4834F (resized).jpeg1DD75CCC-96FF-47FA-9E53-E3A43AE4834F (resized).jpeg

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Funny, Daniel Bryan covers that in his book - he cut a promo when he was starting out (I think right before the Nexus program) and said something like "Yeah, Daniel Bryan is new, he's lost every one of his WWE matches... he doesn't have anything on Youtube. But if you look up BRYAN DANIELSON, that guy is huge!" Apparently Vince was pissed. But then he liked it so they ran with that. Then he fired him anyway after the Nexus angle because Bryan spit in Cena's face

He was not fired for spitting. He was fired because he choked the announcer, Justin Roberts, with his tie.

Damn Casey beat me to it

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It specifically says in the book that it was the choking with the tie *and* that he spit in Cena's face. And apparently Vince loved the choking. AND they didn't tell Roberts he was going to choke him.. lol. Hey we made the thread go on fire!

Your right.

Quoted from mkecasey:

I want Justin Roberts back just so that I can hear him say John Cena over and over again. Same could be said for Tony Chimel saying "Rated R Superstar."

Maybe bring Justin Roberts back for Raw 25th to relive the choking moment.

1 week later
    #93 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Raw 25 was ok. I feel bad for the people who paid $400 for a ticket to the Manhattan Center. I don't think they got anything close to their moneys worth.
    Undertaker segment was weak. It was short and didn't set up anything for the future or confirm retirement. It just seemed unneeded.
    The Austin/McMahon segment was a great way to use nostalgia.
    I'm so sick of DX reunions. HBK is amazing but I don't like goofy DX version of Shawn Michaels.
    Elias looked like money. It was great to see Cena willing to let young talent have a moment on a big show like this.

100% agree.

#97 6 years ago

I thought best match was Miz VS Reigns. Miz is really turning into a top performer on RAW IMHO.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

No kidding. Yea, Braun might have caught him a little with that knee, but no where near the level of that obvious "retaliation" punch. I'm amazed he pretty much shook it off like nothing happened. Gave me a headache just seeing it! Anyone else would be getting fined or suspended for that.

I could swear I saw Strawman’s brain come out of his skull with the punch.

I thought the Rumble was good, I thought the woman’s Rumble was better than the men’s. Glad Shinsuke and Asuka won. Great seeing Trish Stratus back for the Rumble.

Loved seeing Mysterio back. Man I thought he looked in better shape than he did 10years ago.

Looking forward to seeing Raw tonight.

#126 6 years ago

1 month later
    #145 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

tomgwi Did you and the family drive down to MKE for Raw last night?

Nope, but we are going to SD tonight in Green Bay.

B4FB5C41-6093-43A3-915A-2F0B9D5ACBAC (resized).jpegB4FB5C41-6093-43A3-915A-2F0B9D5ACBAC (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #152 6 years ago

My favorite wrestler is back. Hope it is not short term and he stays healthy.

Will be interesting how things play out on SD tonight with him being the GM.

2 weeks later
    #160 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I’m not a wrestling fan but my BF’s nephew is Flip Gordon who wrestles for ROH. Good kid.

Flip Gordon is awesome. Super Talented IMHO.

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Is Dean gonna be Braun's partner?

That would be cool. I have heard rumors it is going to be Rey Mysterio. Not sure that is true though. Big Cass should be coming back soon too.

#174 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Road trip has started! 11 hours to go!

Have fun Tommy. Wish I was going this year.

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I think there was genuine disappointment Shinske and AJ weren't going on last, and then they did the slower paced almost Strong Style match, my guess is they did that though with the heel turn because they are building a series instead of a one off, I'm hoping we see the match 2 more times culminating at Summer Slam, at least then it makes sense to me how they put the Mania match together.

Tommy how did you think WM34 co pared to going to WM33 with regards to the event/Matches. Which was better?

#195 6 years ago

So does anyone know why they are doing another Royal Rumble?

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Special event paid for by the Saudi Arabian royal family, which they will brand as a Network Exclusive . Kinda makes sense ... not sure if this will finally be the end for Brock or what.. 50 guys though. How do you book that?!

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining.

5 months later
    #240 5 years ago

Wrestling always gets stale when football season starts then the Royal Rumble sneaks up and it gets me into it again.

Anybody ever watch Story Time on the Network? Jake Roberts is the best!

1 month later
    #280 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Also, holy shit! DB heel turn and now he faces Brock?! I'm hoping we get Ronda vs Becky at Wrestlemania now.

Yeah I was really surprised on the DB heel turn. He has been heel before but he is so over as a baby face it didn’t make any sense to me. I just hope Lesnar doesn’t suplex city him out of his career again.

2 weeks later
    #294 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Raw was kind of a turd last night

Raw has been a downward spiral for the last 6 months or so. The last 2 shows have been terrible possible the worst I have ever seen.

#296 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Tom are you going to wrestlemania in NY/NJ? I'll be there! Let me know if you are so we can meet up and say hi.

Not going this year. Orlando was right place at the right time.
    If the kids spring break lines up with Wrestlemania again I would do it in a heartbeat.
    We all had a good time (wife thought it was a little long )

1 month later
    #320 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Just finished Takeover, I thought it was really good. Those shows always impress me.

Ricochet verse Gargano match was insane.

#333 5 years ago

I hope AEW will be competition for WWE. WWE has gotten better the last month or so but it has been horrible this last year. Same matches over and over, no or very little storylines, RAW terrible. I don’t think it will ever be like the WCW v WWE Monday Night Wars but one can hope.

#339 5 years ago

Anyone skip Marron 5 and watch the WWE halftime show?

#341 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hell yeah we did and it was awesome. The pace those guys had in that match was amazing.

Yeah it was great. Sounds like it was way better than the halftime show too.

3 months later
    #367 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Added AEW to the post title. I'm really hoping that AEW caters to my interests more than WWE. I'm sick of WWE insulting my intelligence with inconsistent storylines, awful booking, and not building up new talent. I'm willing to jump ship if AEW can offer something more entertaining, which shouldn't be difficult.

It’s pretty much the same formula they had before the attitude area which got them in trouble and WCW beat them. Turrible.

Time for HHH to take over!

#372 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

AEW is about to bury the WWE!
    It appears that Turner is getting back into the rasslin' business. AEW is very close to a broadcast deal with the company, which would include a weekly TV show airing on TNT beginning in the fall, according to a report Thursday from The Wrap. The news is expected to be announced Wednesday at WarnerMedia's upfront event in New York. Pro wrestling was once a staple of Turner programming with WCW and predecessors.

Will they go head to head?

4 months later
    #432 4 years ago

Have to say the first episode of AEW Dynamite was pretty awesome.

1 month later
    #474 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Holy crap.[quoted image]

Love CM punk but I want to see him in the ring, not so much as a backstage guy analyst.
    WWE has gotten so bad I was planning on going to Mania this year and now I am leaning towards skipping it.

4 months later
    #500 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wrestlemania in the Performance Center with no fans... wow.

Extreme times call for extreme measures.

#502 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

is that official?

Yes

940B2560-C69D-4846-B955-6E73ED6834D6 (resized).jpeg940B2560-C69D-4846-B955-6E73ED6834D6 (resized).jpeg
    #504 4 years ago
    78EA5605-19B4-4186-A7DC-2A42E4FF3606 (resized).png78EA5605-19B4-4186-A7DC-2A42E4FF3606 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rasslin-wwe-njpw-roh-etc?tu=TomGWI and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.