Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

485B6E1C-CBAC-4AF6-96C5-0D08C78013B2 (resized).jpeg
    78EA5605-19B4-4186-A7DC-2A42E4FF3606 (resized).png
    940B2560-C69D-4846-B955-6E73ED6834D6 (resized).jpeg
    unnamed-15 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 1.25.45 PM (resized).png
    tumblr_pprzf0PYz61y62kvzo4_400.gif
    pun.gif
    B684E8E1-4E3B-40C8-AE5F-F19D3CB2D55B (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.46.03 AM (resized).png
    sammy (resized).jpg
    pinfall (resized).jpg
    E76D3E20-AFE1-40C6-A0E4-51FE22511EA9 (resized).jpeg
    Miracle1 (resized).jpg
    sycho-sid (resized).jpg
    CE63D7DE-025F-4811-B8D2-C664104406FF.gif
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
    #1 6 years ago

Where are the pinball nerds who watch wrestling as well? I know you're out there.

Any Royal Rumble predictions?

#2 6 years ago

If you use a Firestick/FireTV and have Kodi installed, there's a terrific Wrestling repo that has ALL wrestling content and the PPVs the next day. Just finished watching Smackdown a few min ago.

I predict Gable/Benjamin winning the tag titles
    Lesnar retaining by pinning Kane
    Asuka winning the women's Rumble and facing Flair at Wrestlemania
    Miz defeats Reigns for the IC strap
    Styles loses the belt due to Daniel Bryan
    Who wins the Rumble though? Don't think the winner will be who ends up facing Lesnar at Wrestlemania though.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Who wins the Rumble though? Don't think the winner will be who ends up facing Lesnar at Wrestlemania though.

Winner of the rumble can also challenge Styles (or whoever is WWE champion). It doesn't have to be winner vs Brock at mania. I think that opens up the field a little more. I'd love to see Balor win though.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Winner of the rumble can also challenge Style (or whoever is WWE champion). It doesn't have to be winner vs Brock at mania. I think that opens up the field a little more. I'd love to see Balor win though.

Oh that's right, yeah that does keep it open. Reigns vs Lesnar, champ vs champ would be a good match at Wrestlemania. But I'd like to see the belt back on Miz because he's just too much fun.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

If you use a Firestick/FireTV and have Kodi installed, there's a terrific Wrestling repo that has ALL wrestling content and the PPVs the next day. Just finished watching Smackdown a few min ago.
    I predict Gable/Benjamin winning the tag titles
    Lesnar retaining by pinning Kane
    Asuka winning the women's Rumble and facing Flair at Wrestlemania
    Miz defeats Reigns for the IC strap
    Styles loses the belt due to Daniel Bryan

what's the name of the repo ? I have the Network but have a hard time finding NJPW and ROH lately

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Oh that's right, yeah that does keep it open. Reigns vs Lesnar, champ vs champ would be a good match at Wrestlemania. But I'd like to see the belt back on Miz because he's just too much fun.

Maybe it's just me but I am way over both Lesnar and Reigns. They need to take a break from those guys - I know Lesnar is a legit badass, but he's BORING! The best program he's had in years was with Goldberg - and mostly because he let Goldberg go over a couple times. That was amazing. But Reigns... eegh.... come on. I thought it was going to be Strowman/Lesnar this year though -

Miz continues to (inexplicably!) be the best/worst heel in years. he's such a toad! He's no Flair in the ring but his mic skills are best on the roster.

Anybody know if the Dolph thing will pan out? Did he really leave or, what's going on w/ that?

#7 6 years ago

I watch YouTube videos of wrestling from the Spectrum, Madison Square Garden etc.. and all the TV footage from the late 70's early 80's. Great stuff and brings back good memories.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Maybe it's just me but I am way over both Lesnar and Reigns. They need to take a break from those guys - I know Lesnar is a legit badass, but he's BORING! The best program he's had in years was with Goldberg - and mostly because he let Goldberg go over a couple times. That was amazing. But Reigns... eegh.... come on. I thought it was going to be Strowman/Lesnar this year though -
    Miz continues to (inexplicably!) be the best/worst heel in years. he's such a toad! He's no Flair in the ring but his mic skills are best on the roster.
    Anybody know if the Dolph thing will pan out? Did he really leave or, what's going on w/ that?

I have some bad news. I think they're going to do Lesnar vs Reigns at mania again. I'm very sick of Lesnar but Reigns has grown on me. I'm not a fan of his but I think he is getting better and they seem to have figured out his character a little more. They're grooming him to be the one that takes over for Cena. I don't like it, but I've accepted it.

Miz is fantastic. I think he'll be IC champ again real soon so that Reigns can go after the Universal title again.

Not sure what is up with Dolph. I'm guessing he is going to return either at the Rumble or on Smackdown after the Rumble and claim he is the US Champion and not whoever wins the tournament. But who knows.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I watch YouTube videos of wrestling from the Spectrum, Madison Square Garden etc.. and all the TV footage from the late 70's early 80's. Great stuff and brings back good memories.

You should sign up for a free trial of WWE Network. The first month is always free. But you'd get a kick of all of the old events you can watch from the 70s and 80s. It's pretty awesome.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

what's the name of the repo ? I have the Network but have a hard time finding NJPW and ROH lately

It's called Wrestling on Demand. You'll need to get the password to use during setup from Pbear90's Twitter account, in case the instructions don't say that.

kodiuk.tv/2017/12/22/install-wrestling-demand-add/

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

You should sign up for a free trial of WWE Network. The first month is always free. But you'd get a kick of all of the old events you can watch from the 70s and 80s. It's pretty awesome.

Before the Clash of Champions PPV I had an offer from WWE to get the network for 3 months for 99 cents. Not sure if there are still promos going on right now.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I have some bad news. I think they're going to do Lesnar vs Reigns at mania again. I'm very sick of Lesnar but Reigns has grown on me. I'm not a fan of his but I think he is getting better and they seem to have figured out his character a little more. They're grooming him to be the one that takes over for Cena. I don't like it, but I've accepted it.
    Miz is fantastic. I think he'll be IC champ again real soon so that Reigns can go after the Universal title again.
    Not sure what is up with Dolph. I'm guessing he is going to return either at the Rumble or on Smackdown after the Rumble and claim he is the US Champion and not whoever wins the tournament. But who knows.

I really really really don't see Reigns as a replacement for Cena. He's a GREAT worker, and he obviously does exactly what he's told, and he's good at it. But that may also be the problem a bit. It seems like you have to have a little wild streak to really get over. Everybody's onto Roman as the heir apparent and that seems to be backfiring. But he's not bad or anything, like I said, great worker. But no Cena. He's got no depth, I am not feeling the superman punch either. That STILL looks dumb as hell. My thing with Roman is just I feel like they're wasting guys who are clearly better.

Lesnar.. time is up on that.

AJ Styles is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better worker, has a better entrance, much more exciting matches, gets psychology, knows how to sell (!! Roman needs to work on this). But he's not a big man. ugh...

Anyway, taking my son on the 27th in Baltimore to a house show, day before the Rumble, so we'll see the setup matches.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

It's called Wrestling on Demand. You'll need to get the password to use during setup from Pbear90's Twitter account, in case the instructions don't say that.
    kodiuk.tv/2017/12/22/install-wrestling-demand-add/

that is awesome, thank you!

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Before the Clash of Champions PPV I had an offer from WWE to get the network for 3 months for 99 cents. Not sure if there are still promos going on right now.

You'll be able to get a free month in March; they always like to bump up the subscriber base during WM

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anyway, taking my son on the 27th in Baltimore to a house show, day before the Rumble, so we'll see the setup matches.

Nice! I'll be at NXT Takeover: Philadelphia on the 27th and the Rumble on the 28th.

#16 6 years ago

Nakamura wins Rumble, challenges AJ at Wrestlemania

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Nice! I'll be at NXT Takeover: Philadelphia on the 27th and the Rumble on the 28th.

NICE!!! IF they ever do a PPV in Washington, DC we may end there -

#18 6 years ago

Born in 74, and grew up watching and loving all the wrestling in the 80's and early 90's. I've lived in Delaware all my life, so the only wrestling available on TV for the longest time was WWF and WCW, then we got a 10' satellite dish and started watching Texas and southern wrestling. The Von Erich's and Brusier Brody were badasses. Then around 93 found a satellite feed showing ECW, and wrestling was forever changed. This was as real as it gets and the matches were all spectacular.

Also during the 90's my best friend(since passed away) was training with Van Hammer and signed to Maryland Championship Wrestling. He was into it, he bought his own ring to have setup at his house so he could train at will. He went by Big Dottie Jay Caldwell. Had he not died at the young age of 27, I'm pretty sure he would have made it to the WWE. He had "it". The size, the work ethic, the gift of gab, you name it and he had it.

After he died I lost interest in wrestling and I don't really care for today's WWE brand.

Fun fact though, the best tag team in wrestling the past 15 years grew up down the street from me in Delaware. The Briscoe Brothers, who are a part of ROH, was also training with my friend and Van Hammer.

#19 6 years ago

I've been watching NJPW when it comes on, WWF hasn't interested me in a while. Cent is boring, Reigns is worse.

FirePro World came out on steam, and there's thousands of real wrestlers to download... and they just signed a deal with NJPW so that's cool.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

I've been watching NJPW when it comes on, WWF hasn't interested me in a while. Cent is boring, Reigns is worse.
    FirePro World came out on steam, and there's thousands of real wrestlers to download... and they just signed a deal with NJPW so that's cool.

Man thanks for mentioning FirePro world - I forgot about that. I can’t wait to catch up on NJPW - the Jericho/Omega Match was brutal, and the rest of the wrestle kingdom 12 card was great, I want to watch more

#21 6 years ago

My fanboy prediction: Lance Storm makes his return and wins the rumble to finally have his WrestleMania match. I can dream, right?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

My fanboy prediction: Lance Storm makes his return and wins the rumble to finally have his WrestleMania match. I can dream, right?

Lol! I think Lance is focused on his wrestling school and Killin The Town with the Jackyl!

#23 6 years ago

You know you're a hardcore fan when you watch Wrestle Kingdom 12 live listening to the Japanese announce team feed.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

You know you're a hardcore fan when you watch Wrestle Kingdom 12 live listening to the Japanese announce team feed.

So.. uh .. do you speak Japanese?

#25 6 years ago

Don't have WWE network so all I can watch are the highlight videos on wwe.com. Usually I download the ppvs the next day. First thing I thought when I heard about the women's rumble match having 30 participants was "so every female talent from all the rosters will be in it and who else?" Don't care for Miz much, although I love to see him get a good beating I don't see why Reigns is getting so much heat from the crowd.

I'm only watching wwe stuff and not even nxt. I gave other promotions a shot, but they didn't appeal to me that much as the storylines weren't that great.

2 years ago or so I flew in on Monday for Pinball Expo. We drive past some arena that I recognise the name of because WWE visits it at least twice per year. Same night I turn the TV on in my hotelroom, turns out Raw was coming from that arena, just a 10-minute drive away. And I didn't know, so had no tickets Since then I keep a closer watch whether pinball shows and wwe shows are in the same area.

#26 6 years ago

Rhonda Rousey is about to be signed.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So.. uh .. do you speak Japanese?

No. I didn't even think there was an English feed. Found out when watching clips in English the next day.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

No. I didn't even think there was an English feed. Found out when watching clips in English the next day.

Oh! Wow, lol! Well that will be easier to understand! Yeah I think it’s Don Callis right? Or is it JR? I can’t keep up

#29 6 years ago

Don Callis although JR has done work with them.

#30 6 years ago

And that's what I mean by hardcore. Watched the whole PPV in Japanese, and my wife even watched the Alpha Omega match with me and tolerated 40 minutes of it.

#31 6 years ago

I hope Aja Kong enters the women's Rumble and cleans house.

#32 6 years ago

They need to push Nia Jax and give her the Rumble win and then pair with Enzo. Kong as a #30 entrant to a huge pop and then eventually tossed by Nia after some big women power moves and finishers would be great.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

And that's what I mean by hardcore. Watched the whole PPV in Japanese, and my wife even watched the Alpha Omega match with me and tolerated 40 minutes of it.

W.T.F. How long was that match?

#34 6 years ago

I miss the days when fans were only limited to the magazines and hotlines and didn't know anything about the business.

Everything was a surprise and reactions were genuine. We watched to see competitions, not backstage decisions being played out.

Ok sorry, mini rant over.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

W.T.F. How long was that match?

30 minutes-ish, but also watched the entrances.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

I miss the days when fans were only limited to the magazines and hotlines and didn't know anything about the business.
    Everything was a surprise and reactions were genuine. We watched to see competitions, not backstage decisions being played out.
    Ok sorry, mini rant over.

Wasn't nearly every magazine cover photo Ric Flair or Abdullah the Butcher soaked in blood?

#37 6 years ago

A wwe fan from norway here! Monthyly watcher off the ppv with my wife snd sister in law =)

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Wasn't nearly every magazine cover photo Ric Flair or Abdullah the Butcher soaked in blood?

Those were the days.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

30 minutes-ish, but also watched the entrances.

I am going to watch that right now

#41 6 years ago

That really sucks - add her to the list of injured-by-the-latest-generation. Not that I blame Sasha but man it’s weird there are so many career-ending injuries lately. Sting comes to mind.

I wonder if it’s more care in the part of the doctors, or less work on the neck in the gym? Or something else, like a change in the rules
    Like the NFL?

#42 6 years ago

I think it's due to just being a careless spot. They didn't communicate and she wasn't prepared for it, sadly.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

I think it's due to just being a careless spot. They didn't communicate and she wasn't prepared for it, sadly.

I think that may be part of it. But it was related to her previous injury. Makes you wonder if she should have even been cleared in the first place. After watching the video of the injury, it definitely seems like if it this wouldn't have happened, something very similar would have happened in a matter of time.

I think the wrestlers need more time off. I know Vince will never have an "off season" but every wrestler should be written off TV for a few weeks each year. It would give them time to rest their bodies and the fans will react strongly when they make their comeback. If you rotate who has off and when, you could easily do this without losing too much star power. No wrestler needs to wrestle 5 days a week every week as long as they are healthy.

#44 6 years ago

From a storyline perspective, I don’t know why they SHOULDNT have an off season. Have a R/S “east” and “west” roster. Then you can give the wrestlers a couple months off, and if somebody gets hurt, you call up somebody whose currently off. It wouldn’t be any worse than a surprise injury now, and gives a little more structure to what now is just a big mess with no rules.

#45 6 years ago

Watching Royal Rumble at my location and running a pinball tournament on my WWFRR. Players draw numbers, game will be set to 1 ball. 4 player game, last place is thrown over the top rope and next number enters the fray!

Also having KFC cater the event since they are the sponsor of the Royal Rumble this year!

#46 6 years ago

no spoilers please, will watch tomorrow

#47 6 years ago

Hugh NJPW fan..sad that Suzuki and Naito lost, but still a solid Wrestle Kingdom.

#48 6 years ago

Subscribed. I watch WWE when I can...but it's so hard to keep up with 5 hours of content on regular weeks, and upwards of 10 hours on PPV weeks. I've really honed in on the NXT brand as a Network subscriber. One hour per week, and a PPV every three months. It's much easier to digest and they actually have some pretty decent matches on the weekly card, compared to the recaps and five minute rush-job throwaway matches that three hours of Raw brings every week. Plus, I watch with my kids...so there's less of an emphasis on falling scaffolds and wrestlers crushing other wrestlers with a garbage truck. Featured NXT performers get room to breathe and blossom before your very eyes...in the ring. The only drawback is seeing your favorite NXT stars get called up to the main roster, only to be relegated to the aforementioned throwaway matches and be completely buried by lackluster writing. But I love wrestling...I really do!

I think Reigns wins the Rumble. And Asuka on the women's side, grabbing the title from Bliss at Mania. I've heard rumblings that Asuka's streak is coming to an end before Mania...maybe it's time to end for her to survive on Raw? And that's coming from someone who will say "ASUKA" when asked to name their favorite wrestler.

#49 6 years ago

May I also suggest reading The Death of WCW, co-authored by fellow Pinsider RDReynolds !

https://www.amazon.com/Death-WCW-Anniversary-Bestselling-Revised/dp/1770411755

#50 6 years ago

Wait - the rd Reynolds here is the Wrestlecrap guy? I would love
    To shake his hand

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rasslin-wwe-njpw-roh-etc?hl=vglohaus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.