Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

485B6E1C-CBAC-4AF6-96C5-0D08C78013B2 (resized).jpeg
    78EA5605-19B4-4186-A7DC-2A42E4FF3606 (resized).png
    940B2560-C69D-4846-B955-6E73ED6834D6 (resized).jpeg
    unnamed-15 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 1.25.45 PM (resized).png
    tumblr_pprzf0PYz61y62kvzo4_400.gif
    pun.gif
    B684E8E1-4E3B-40C8-AE5F-F19D3CB2D55B (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.46.03 AM (resized).png
    sammy (resized).jpg
    pinfall (resized).jpg
    E76D3E20-AFE1-40C6-A0E4-51FE22511EA9 (resized).jpeg
    Miracle1 (resized).jpg
    sycho-sid (resized).jpg
    CE63D7DE-025F-4811-B8D2-C664104406FF.gif
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
    #351 5 years ago

Just bought my tickets for Double or Nothing!

1 month later
    #352 5 years ago

Anyone going to New York this weekend? My brother and I are going to Mania and NXT. Probably check out Sunshine while in Brooklyn.

#353 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone going to New York this weekend? My brother and I are going to Mania and NXT. Probably check out Sunshine while in Brooklyn.

I did the last two Manias but skipping this year and doing Double or Nothing out in Vegas instead. Looking very forward to watching NXT and well having Wrestlemania on while hanging with friends...if they screw over Kofi though...that place may riot. Should be a good time, we are having a timed matchplay event before the big show starts on Sunday.
    Pinballmania flyer PNG (resized).pngPinballmania flyer PNG (resized).png

#354 5 years ago

I was originally going to go to Mania but decide to sit this one out. I'm really hoping they announce a Las Vegas Mania after the Raiders stadium is finished.

#355 5 years ago

Scary moment as Hitman was attacked while giving his Hall of Fame speech.

725BFC89-7482-4E8C-BE73-8A014618D057 (resized).jpeg725BFC89-7482-4E8C-BE73-8A014618D057 (resized).jpeg
    #356 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Scary moment as Hitman was attacked while giving his Hall of Fame speech.
    [quoted image]

Is that a real
    Photo of the dumbass? He got annihilated by Travis Browne and Dash wilder. I’ve been thinking Travis Browne has been gunning for a WWE career since he’s always in every Rhonda video, almost Always is the background... anyway he may have done his audition this time

#357 5 years ago

That guy looks like someone who would be dumb enough to tell a wrestler he's "fake." So, they usually do it from the safety of their mom's basement!

2 weeks later
    #358 4 years ago

In case you missed it, here are the links to the new custom re-theme pinball machine for Matt Hardy.

Pinside thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/matt-hardy-s-expedition-of-gold-pinball#post-4955302

YouTube video -

Making of blog - http://hardypinball.com/portfolio/themakingof/

#359 4 years ago

Anyone else going to Double or Nothing? What about G1 in Dallas?

I'm actually pumped for the Cody vs. Dustin match as much as anything else. It really interests me how AEW is building this card basically through a 10-minute weekly youtube video and WWE has 5 hours of tv per week to build stories and can't do it.

#360 4 years ago

This is the latest video in the series just in case no one else knows what I'm referencing.

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone else going to Double or Nothing? What about G1 in Dallas?
    I'm actually pumped for the Cody vs. Dustin match as much as anything else. It really interests me how AEW is building this card basically through a 10-minute weekly youtube video and WWE has 5 hours of tv per week to build stories and can't do it.

I think that’s exactly the problem - you can’t tell wrestling stories with 5 hours of tv, but only using 20 people or so.

They have SO many people on the roster that aren’t being utilised well, or even at ALL! there are no squash matches which helped get big monsters over without requiring much of them, and there are title defences almost every night which seems like too much to me.

I think I’m way more interested in AEW now, because of the promise of what could be, instead of the disappointment of what is. WWE is doing the right thing bringing back some of the old names to help write and produce the show

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think that’s exactly the problem - you can’t tell wrestling stories with 5 hours of tv, but only using 20 people or so.
    They have SO many people on the roster that aren’t being utilised well, or even at ALL! there are no squash matches which helped get big monsters over without requiring much of them, and there are title defences almost every night which seems like too much to me.
    I think I’m way more interested in AEW now, because of the promise of what could be, instead of the disappointment of what is. WWE is doing the right thing bringing back some of the old names to help write and produce the show

Yeah for sure. It certainly seems to me they have just lost the art of story telling. Or they try to move story telling at the modern pace of today's twitter world and they just go so fast they don't have time to build.

AEW using a life long brotherly feud is certainly an advantage, but even with the Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros they are smart enough to present the match as a battle that is 3+ years in the making, not the actual 3 month build up it is, and they are able to do all of this without having the guys interact all that much...sometimes less is more.

If WWE focused on maybe 5 stories overall, and then in between just filled up the Raw and Smackdown with good wrestling matches by any member of their huge roster they would be doing so much more.

2 weeks later
    #363 4 years ago

Woof. What a terrible week of WWE.

#364 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Woof. What a terrible week of WWE.

Wildcard

#365 4 years ago

Added AEW to the post title. I'm really hoping that AEW caters to my interests more than WWE. I'm sick of WWE insulting my intelligence with inconsistent storylines, awful booking, and not building up new talent. I'm willing to jump ship if AEW can offer something more entertaining, which shouldn't be difficult.

#366 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Added AEW to the post title. I'm really hoping that AEW caters to my interests more than WWE. I'm sick of WWE insulting my intelligence with inconsistent storylines, awful booking, and not building up new talent. I'm willing to jump ship if AEW can offer something more entertaining, which shouldn't be difficult.

Hear, hear. they are panicking because the ratings are SO bad. You’ve got to put the blame at Vince’s feet; I think he’s totally mischaracterising the audience. Or he is putting too much faith in writers who have contempt for their audience.

Older viewers are smartened up, new viewers are just smart, period. And fans of old
    School “wrasslin’” (which vince allegedly hates) are turned off by the total lack of wrestling on RAW. the audience isn’t a bunch of dumbasses who will just follow any old story just because there’s a match at the end of the tunnel.

WWE is clearly scared of AEW’s funding, and unlike WCW, this time they may really put WWE out of commission. Let’s see how Double or Nothing goes - it could still flop, or Wwe could muscle them out like they did at MSG.

#367 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

It’s pretty much the same formula they had before the attitude area which got them in trouble and WCW beat them. Turrible.

Time for HHH to take over!

#368 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

It’s pretty much the same formula they had before the attitude area which got them in trouble and WCW beat them. Turrible.
    Time for HHH to take over!

Meaning basically no formula? Lol, that’s what it seemed like!

At least there was Bret and SCSA at WM13 back then - eventually. Seems like we’re more like 1994;WM 10 level lameness.

#369 4 years ago

Check out our Gfuel schwag for NYCPC 2019 this year!

All weekend pass buyers and reg players will get a bag.

Was hoping for a Macho Man sack but no such luck, just being greedy. This stuff is great.

www.nycpinballchamps.com

swag 2019 (resized).jpegswag 2019 (resized).jpeg
    #370 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Check out our Gfuel schwag for NYCPC 2019 this year!
    All weekend pass buyers and reg players will get a bag.
    Was hoping for a Macho Man sack but no such luck, just being greedy. This stuff is great.
    www.nycpinballchamps.com[quoted image]

Nice! I have that GFuel Flair shaker cup. Works well!

Ask Miss Elizabeth about the Macho Man sack. *rimshot*

#371 4 years ago

AEW is about to bury the WWE!

It appears that Turner is getting back into the rasslin' business. AEW is very close to a broadcast deal with the company, which would include a weekly TV show airing on TNT beginning in the fall, according to a report Thursday from The Wrap. The news is expected to be announced Wednesday at WarnerMedia's upfront event in New York. Pro wrestling was once a staple of Turner programming with WCW and predecessors.

#372 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

AEW is about to bury the WWE!
    It appears that Turner is getting back into the rasslin' business. AEW is very close to a broadcast deal with the company, which would include a weekly TV show airing on TNT beginning in the fall, according to a report Thursday from The Wrap. The news is expected to be announced Wednesday at WarnerMedia's upfront event in New York. Pro wrestling was once a staple of Turner programming with WCW and predecessors.

Will they go head to head?

#373 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Will they go head to head?

No idea. Doubt it at launch. But this AEW freight train looks unstoppable. And it’s so refreshing to see. WWE is so stale.

#374 4 years ago

I am on board, I just hope they can sustain the momentum. Their production value will not look anything close to WWE which I know will turn a lot of Fans off.

I’m ready though - just cancelled my Network subscription (along with my NJPW account, as I didn’t watch that nearly as much I thought I would - and the lack of a Roku or PS3/smart tv app was a killer)

Here’s hoping Ambrose/Moxley hits AEW and not Impact !

#375 4 years ago

Yeah I'm looking very forward to seeing what AEW has to offer. At my location we watch Monday Night Raw every week, and typically have parties for the major shows.

Lately Monday night has turned into just hanging out and playing pinball with WWE on in the background but we have started to watch more independent shows, ROH, and NWA, as well as New Japan when we actually want to see wrestling.

Is anyone else going out to Double or Nothing? I get in Friday morning and we are planning to check out a bit of Starcast Friday, Saturday the show, and Sunday the pinball hall of fame.

#376 4 years ago

I don't think AEW is going to put WWE to rest. WWE is making more money than ever before despite the declining ratings. My realistic hope is that the competition from AEW forces WWE to change for the better. From the talent side of thing, I think we'll continue to see people leave WWE for AEW as long as AEW can continue to pay close to (or more) than WWE is paying. I know some of the guys in AEW are getting paid WWE type money for far less dates.

I don't think AEW will go head to head with WWE on the same night of TV. Cody Rhodes has said multiple times that they want to co-exist with WWE and aren't trying to beat them. With that mindset, it would be foolish for them to broadcast on the same night in the way WCW did.

At the end of the day, I'm hoping for healthy competition because I think there is enough room for both to be successful.

#377 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I don't think AEW is going to put WWE to rest. WWE is making more money than ever before despite the declining ratings. My realistic hope is that the competition from AEW forces WWE to change for the better. From the talent side of thing, I think we'll continue to see people leave WWE for AEW as long as AEW can continue to pay close to (or more) than WWE is paying. I know some of the guys in AEW are getting paid WWE type money for far less dates.
    I don't think AEW will go head to head with WWE on the same night of TV. Cody Rhodes has said multiple times that they want to co-exist with WWE and aren't trying to beat them. With that mindset, it would be foolish for them to broadcast on the same night in the way WCW did.
    At the end of the day, I'm hoping for healthy competition because I think there is enough room for both to be successful.

Yeah I agree, I don't think that any one will eliminate WWE as long as they want to exist. But I want to watch good wrestling matches and storytelling. The Cody vs. Dustin story has me so intrigued. Lucha Bros vs. Young Bucks will tear the house down, and the battle royal format is unique and makes sense based on the show name, location, and future opportunity....unlike lets say the fucking WILDCARD rule in WWE now...it is like they are trying to see how shitty they can make their television product and have us still tune in. I'm starting to think cancelling the network is the way to go.

#378 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Very unlikely, agreed. But if the Khan family sees an opportunity here, and they can prove they are able to keep up with live tv, they may be able to cause USA, FOX to renegotiate the WWE contracts. That would be bad. They've become complacent what with the Network, and zero competition.

WWE still has tons of money pouring in from Saudi Arabia (don't even get me started) so they may be able to persist if they just become the Prince's personal wrestling company, but... i mean, damn. How do they not even give a crap about their own product? This is what 50/50 booking and "the brand is the star" gets you. Big trouble.

#379 4 years ago

Can’t wait til all these guys that are jumping back and forth magically pick a side and hate the other side come Survivor Series time. UNDER SEIGE!

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Can’t wait til all these guys that are jumping back and forth magically pick a side and hate the other side come Survivor Series time. UNDER SEIGE!

LOL

#381 4 years ago

I followed suit and canceled my WWE Network subscription. Just not worth having at this point. NXT is on Hulu and I already have that at $.99 per month and it was about the only thing I watched regularly on the network. No more money to WWE until shit gets better.

#382 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I followed suit and canceled my WWE Network subscription. Just
    not worth having at this point. NXT is on Hulu and I already have
    that at $.99 per month and it was about the only thing I watched
    regularly on the network. No more money to WWE until shit gets
    better.

Yep. They even made me not care about vintage matches! End of May can’t get here fast enough...

#383 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep. They even made me not care about vintage matches! End of
    May can’t get here fast enough...

Yep agreed. I'll sign up with some burner email for a free month if there is ever a time that I actually need to see something on there. For now back to enjoying companies that are putting on good matches and stories. MLW has been quite entertaining if you guys haven't checked it out I think it is worth a watch. The New Hart Foundation down there are entertaining as hell.

#384 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yep agreed. I'll sign up with some burner email for a free month
    if there is ever a time that I actually need to see something on
    there. For now back to enjoying companies that are putting on good
    matches and stories. MLW has been quite entertaining if you guys
    haven't checked it out I think it is worth a watch. The New Hart
    Foundation down there are entertaining as hell.

Thx for the reminder! I’ve heard Court(sp?) Bauer on a bunch of podcasts but never checked out the product

#385 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thx for the reminder! I’ve heard Court(sp?) Bauer on a bunch of
    podcasts but never checked out the product

I got sucked in by reading an article about the life of Teddy Hart after seeing him on an indie show at Wrestlemania 34. It was pretty interesting and the stuff him and little davey boy and pillman jr are doing is quite entertaining. Check out the moonsaulting cat if you haven't seen it. Silly but entertaining in a good way which is what wrestling should be to me.

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I got sucked in by reading an article about the life of Teddy
    Hart after seeing him on an indie show at Wrestlemania 34. It was
    pretty interesting and the stuff him and little davey boy and
    pillman jr are doing is quite entertaining. Check out the
    moonsaulting cat if you haven't seen it. Silly but entertaining in
    a good way which is what wrestling should be to me.

Wth moonsaulting cat! Is Jim cornette involved with this or would he have a conniption?

#387 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wth moonsaulting cat! Is Jim cornette involved with this or
    would he have a conniption?

I think it was before Cornette signed on with them just some funny promo video but good stuff.

#388 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I think it was before Cornette signed on with them just some
    funny promo video but good stuff.

Just watched it last night, it was wacko! Lol

#390 4 years ago

AEW coming to TNT! Hooray!

Double or Nothing $50 on PPV. Yikes.

#391 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

It will be worth it!
    Invite some friends over split the cost and have a blast!

#392 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

That seems high because of the WWE Network - but that’s a fairly good price. Boxing is WAY more nowadays

#393 4 years ago

Fun fact: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson went to my high school. And no, I don't know him, he graduated a year or two before I started.

I ended up going to PITT for college and my roommate was a huge WWE fan. I would have to watch it because we only had one TV in our apartment, and Kurt Angle was my favorite, with Trish Stratus a close second (for non-wrestling reasons).

Wrestlemania X8 is the best wrestling video game of all time too...we spent a lot of time playing that instead of studying like we should have been. This would probably explain why he flunked out of pre-med. This also fails to explain how I didn't.

#394 4 years ago

Sheikie baby

8C377E3F-BFF1-4508-B679-E058B92FBD2E (resized).jpeg8C377E3F-BFF1-4508-B679-E058B92FBD2E (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #395 4 years ago

Just watched the highlights of AEW Double or Nothing. Pretty good show if you ask me, especially since I didn't know most of the talent performing.

#396 4 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Just watched the highlights of AEW Double or Nothing. Pretty good show if you ask me, especially since I didn't know most of the talent performing.

I was there and it was simply awesome! So many good matches. Good story lines. Good surprises. Most importantly it was fun which is what wrestling should be.

D349E7A7-4E0B-4DAB-B0AB-5F414E222C3D (resized).jpegD349E7A7-4E0B-4DAB-B0AB-5F414E222C3D (resized).jpegDEA5B289-C80B-4934-BEFA-4F7DA9E21C3A (resized).jpegDEA5B289-C80B-4934-BEFA-4F7DA9E21C3A (resized).jpegE944567C-C6F4-4284-BC14-78D63E2673E7 (resized).jpegE944567C-C6F4-4284-BC14-78D63E2673E7 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #397 4 years ago

Pray for me. I'm trying to buy AEW tickets tomorrow for the Philly TV tapings. It'll be the third show on TNT and will include the first AEW Championship title defense. So my guess is we'll see Jericho vs somebody else.

I haven't been watching a ton of WWE lately, but I've been catching up on Takeover and Summerslam throughout this week. I decided to watch Smackdown this week because I had nothing else going on. But holy cow, I loved that Buddy Murphy vs Roman Reigns match. I hope the people in the back realize how great Murphy is. And Roman did great in that match as well, played his role perfect. It made both guys look good.

#398 4 years ago

anyone grab one of these bad boys?

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    #399 4 years ago

Yep I'm going to All Out at the end of the month, looking very forward to it and we are doing Free Play AEW Wednesday's at my location so if anyone is looking for pinball and wrestling on the cheap North End Pub in Lafayette will be the place to be.

#400 4 years ago

I was able to get my AEW Philly tickets before they sold out. Life is good.

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rasslin-wwe-njpw-roh-etc/page/8?hl=golfkill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.