Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

485B6E1C-CBAC-4AF6-96C5-0D08C78013B2 (resized).jpeg
    78EA5605-19B4-4186-A7DC-2A42E4FF3606 (resized).png
    940B2560-C69D-4846-B955-6E73ED6834D6 (resized).jpeg
    unnamed-15 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 1.25.45 PM (resized).png
    tumblr_pprzf0PYz61y62kvzo4_400.gif
    pun.gif
    B684E8E1-4E3B-40C8-AE5F-F19D3CB2D55B (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.46.03 AM (resized).png
    sammy (resized).jpg
    pinfall (resized).jpg
    E76D3E20-AFE1-40C6-A0E4-51FE22511EA9 (resized).jpeg
    Miracle1 (resized).jpg
    sycho-sid (resized).jpg
    CE63D7DE-025F-4811-B8D2-C664104406FF.gif
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
    #251 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Best raw ending in a long while.

What happened? I missed the last 20 minutes

#252 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What happened? I missed the last 20 minutes

Seth and Dean won tag titles then Dean turned. Brutally beat Seth. Crowd was stunned and silent.

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Seth and Dean won tag titles then Dean turned. Brutally beat Seth. Crowd was stunned and silent.

Wtf

After that roman announcement? Will be interesting to see how this plays out

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wtf
    After that roman announcement? Will be interesting to see how this plays out

Yeah worth looking up video. Most shocked crowd I’ve seen since Brock went over Taker at mania.

#255 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah worth looking up video. Most shocked crowd I’ve seen since Brock went over Taker at mania.

Wow, that is saying something. I feel like if they were that shocked, they haven’t been paying attention, since WWE has been teasing Dean’s turn since he came back.

Maybe people figured they wouldn’t do it because of Roman’s Announcement. Kinda makes sense though - the Shield is no more without Roman anyway, and now we know who headlines Wrestlemania

#256 5 years ago

I was thinking about this the other day.. since basically every guy is in WWE now, there’s very few surprise announcements and run-ins, debuts that can happen any more. What was the last huge debut? AJ, I think. And he’s been on fire since he started - but who else? Vince has put everybody else out of business, so there’s nowhere for anybody to grow, except at the Performanxe Center, and then we all know 2 years in advance.

Cody is the only other star I can think of who would come (back) in, and take over like that.

#257 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, that is saying something. I feel like if they were that shocked, they haven’t been paying attention, since WWE has been teasing Dean’s turn since he came back.
    Maybe people figured they wouldn’t do it because of Roman’s Announcement. Kinda makes sense though - the Shield is no more without Roman anyway, and now we know who headlines Wrestlemania

I think it was a combination of people not expecting it due to Roman's announcement AND the fact that they just won the belts. A lot of people suspected have picked up on WWE teasing us with a Dean turn, but didn't expect them to become tag team champions and have it happen immediately after winning them.

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I think it was a combination of people not expecting it due to Roman's announcement AND the fact that they just won the belts. A lot of people suspected have picked up on WWE teasing us with a Dean turn, but didn't expect them to become tag team champions and have it happen immediately after winning them.

Yep same here. My buddies and I watching said okay well obviously next week Seth and Dean are going to be singles guy's again because that is what happens when the Shield isn't at full strength. Then that tag match was obviously very good and they won it! We were like wow guess they are staying together this time, and then the turn. It was well done.

And yes the WWE does have a ton of the talent out there, but I've been getting more and more into ROH and NWA stuff. What they are doing has been great. My friends and I made a 12 hour round trip this weekend to see NWA 70th Anniversary show because we wanted to see the rematch between Cody and Aldis. It was really great. New Japan has a ton of great talent as well. With all the streaming services now it is much easier to see the other options out there besides WWE. Last night was the first Raw I've watched in a few months, and I still missed the first half. I was sleeping at home when a friend called about the news of Roman so I figured I should at least turn it on and see how the show finished out. I'm glad I did. Anyway check out NWA on youtube and even Being the Elite if you want a different take on the wrestling business in 2018, both deliver regular content, way less fluff, and some really great wrestling. Cody vs. Willie Mack from like a week or two ago was a great match.

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yep same here. My buddies and I watching said okay well obviously next week Seth and Dean are going to be singles guy's again because that is what happens when the Shield isn't at full strength. Then that tag match was obviously very good and they won it! We were like wow guess they are staying together this time, and then the turn. It was well done.
    And yes the WWE does have a ton of the talent out there, but I've been getting more and more into ROH and NWA stuff. What they are doing has been great. My friends and I made a 12 hour round trip this weekend to see NWA 70th Anniversary show because we wanted to see the rematch between Cody and Aldis. It was really great. New Japan has a ton of great talent as well. With all the streaming services now it is much easier to see the other options out there besides WWE. Last night was the first Raw I've watched in a few months, and I still missed the first half. I was sleeping at home when a friend called about the news of Roman so I figured I should at least turn it on and see how the show finished out. I'm glad I did. Anyway check out NWA on youtube and even Being the Elite if you want a different take on the wrestling business in 2018, both deliver regular content, way less fluff, and some really great wrestling. Cody vs. Willie Mack from like a week or two ago was a great match.

Interesting, I didn’t watch the whole show but it sounds like this was one of the 10 “good” RAWs of the year! We attended Smackdown 1000 last week and that was a truly awesome show - I’m not sure what ended up on tv but man they went all out, and there were 5 matches after the show went off the air, all of which were killer, (Becky /Charlotte was the main event, which was really good for a dark match). They also did 2 mixed match challenge matches which were great.

Really good suggestions - I’ve followed NJPW for a while now, but getting to actually watch it lately is a whole different experience. I’ve not been able to find ROH but I’ll try harder.

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Interesting, I didn’t watch the whole show but it sounds like this was one of the 10 “good” RAWs of the year! We attended Smackdown 1000 last week and that was a truly awesome show - I’m not sure what ended up on tv but man they went all out, and there were 5 matches after the show went off the air, all of which were killer, (Becky /Charlotte was the main event, which was really good for a dark match). They also did 2 mixed match challenge matches which were great.
    Really good suggestions - I’ve followed NJPW for a while now, but getting to actually watch it lately is a whole different experience. I’ve not been able to find ROH but I’ll try harder.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSHCTJS2P4Hvu_reLKtiT6g/playlists

Lots of good stuff here. Just a different way to present pro wrestling, I think it is a bit more modern in presentation style while remaining a bit truer to pro wrestling's origins.

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSHCTJS2P4Hvu_reLKtiT6g/playlists
    Lots of good stuff here. Just a different way to present pro wrestling, I think it is a bit more modern in presentation style while remaining a bit truer to pro wrestling's origins.

Awesome, thanks!! I don’t mind the WWE soap opera most of the time, but the creative has been SO BAD for quite a while, i am basically not watching RAW any more and only watch smackdown occasionally so we can actually see some wrestling. This seems like it will help with that!

#262 5 years ago

I've been shifting towards watching exclusively PPVs and then getting my Raw/Smackdown recaps from YouTube.

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Awesome, thanks!! I don’t mind the WWE soap opera most of the time, but the creative has been SO BAD for quite a while, i am basically not watching RAW any more and only watch smackdown occasionally so we can actually see some wrestling. This seems like it will help with that!

Yep it has been the cure for me. NXT helps a lot too as it is much more wrestling focused and only an hour per week.

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I've been shifting towards watching exclusively PPVs and then getting my Raw/Smackdown recaps from YouTube.

Yep that’s exactly what I’m doing. I am on the fence about cancelling the Network though, yes because of Crown royal . I started out as a journalist so not to bring politics in, but it really bothers me that US companies are taking SO much money from that regime, and that Linda is part of the president’s cabinet. That does not seem right. But ae’ll See what happens with the sanctions. Anyway, sorry - wrestling:

#265 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yep it has been the cure for me. NXT helps a lot too as it is much more wrestling focused and only an hour per week.

Yes! I do also wish they would go back to some of the round table shows they did on the old WWE 24/7 channel. 10 or so legends sitting around talking about different topics. Those are in “the vault” but they are the best non-in-ring shows on the network!

#266 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep that’s exactly what I’m doing. I am on the fence about cancelling the Network though, yes because of Crown royal . I started out as a journalist so not to bring politics in, but it really bothers me that US companies are taking SO much money from that regime, and that Linda is part of the president’s cabinet. That does not seem right. But ae’ll See what happens with the sanctions. Anyway, sorry - wrestling:

Yeah that totally makes sense. Very interesting to see what happens with that show at this point. I've heard the latest rumor is they are offering Stone Cold upwards of $10 million to make a comeback match. It is like they have become a real-life version of the Million Dollar Man.

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah that totally makes sense. Very interesting to see what happens with that show at this point. I've heard the latest rumor is they are offering Stone Cold upwards of $10 million to make a comeback match. It is like they have become a real-life version of the Million Dollar Man.

LOL. 1) that is hilarious, and 2) I can’t see Stone Cold coming back; he always says he’s done on his podcasts - (although that pop at Raw 25...)

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Crown Royal lol... delicious. I hear the event is moving to the states.

I usually only check out Raw or Smackdown if I hear something on the Post Wrestling podcasts that sounds worth tuning in to.

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL. 1) that is hilarious, and 2) I can’t see Stone Cold coming back; he always says he’s done on his podcasts - (although that pop at Raw 25...)

HBK said the same thing, then enough money was laid down. I can't even blame the guys, they put their bodies through so much for so many years for so little, hard to knock them for suddenly having an easy pay day.

#270 5 years ago

I just wish they would give us something closer to a dream match if they are going to give somebody like HBK a huge payday. I don't want to watch HBK wrestle in a tag team match with his boardroom buddy Triple H facing off against a mayor and a past-prime Undertaker. I want to see HBK in a match with somebody who is going to help hide HBKs ring rust and still deliver a great match. AJ Styles and Seth Rollins are the two opponents that come to mind for me.

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

HBK said the same thing, then enough money was laid down. I can't even blame the guys, they put their bodies through so much for so many years for so little, hard to knock them for suddenly having an easy pay day.

Damn, yep you are right. Maybe Broken Skull IPA needs a cash infusion .. haha

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I just wish they would give us something closer to a dream match if they are going to give somebody like HBK a huge payday. I don't want to watch HBK wrestle in a tag team match with his boardroom buddy Triple H facing off against a mayor and a past-prime Undertaker. I want to see HBK in a match with somebody who is going to help hide HBKs ring rust and still deliver a great match. AJ Styles and Seth Rollins are the two opponents that come to mind for me.

ALL the guys are really past their prime. It’s funny though - Hogan is WAY older than these guys and he was still carrying matches at their age. I mean he’s not a technician by any means but nobody cared. Hell, Flair was still going at 60! I am as big a mark for Taker and HBK as anybody, but ..yeah no.

#273 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Crown Royal lol... delicious. I hear the event is moving to the states.
    I usually only check out Raw or Smackdown if I hear something on the Post Wrestling podcasts that sounds worth tuning in to.

The last rumor I saw was somewhere in the U.K. . Not sure if that was substantive or if it was just because “Crown” Jewel

2 weeks later
    #274 5 years ago

I got bored at work and made this. I figure it was about time I blend my two dorky hobbies into one.

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 1.52.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-13 at 1.52.34 PM (resized).png
    #275 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I got bored at work and made this. I figure it was about time I blend my two dorky hobbies into one.
    [quoted image]

Yep needs a little refinement but that is awesome! Make the areas I circled clippers pointed at each other instead of just the symbol it is now, and I'd stick with a skull in the middle, flippers through the mouth instead of guns, and pinballs instead of bullets. Love it though!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #276 5 years ago

I'll make those changes sometime this week when I have some downtime again. And what do you mean by clippers?

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I'll make those changes sometime this week when I have some downtime again. And what do you mean by clippers?

I mean flippers and I just don’t type well haha.

#278 5 years ago

I took some of your advice. I brought back the skull, intersected the flippers below it. I played around with using multiple balls to replace the bullets but it seemed a little crowded. I replaced the arrows with pop bumpers since I didn't want to use flippers in multiple spots. But I like it, I think I'm going to print one. I suspect if I wear it to pinball shows it'll only make sense to a very small group of people, but that's fine by me.

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 3.30.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-14 at 3.30.12 PM (resized).png
    #279 5 years ago

Also, holy shit! DB heel turn and now he faces Brock?! I'm hoping we get Ronda vs Becky at Wrestlemania now.

#280 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Also, holy shit! DB heel turn and now he faces Brock?! I'm hoping we get Ronda vs Becky at Wrestlemania now.

Yeah I was really surprised on the DB heel turn. He has been heel before but he is so over as a baby face it didn’t make any sense to me. I just hope Lesnar doesn’t suplex city him out of his career again.

#281 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I took some of your advice. I brought back the skull, intersected the flippers below it. I played around with using multiple balls to replace the bullets but it seemed a little crowded. I replaced the arrows with pop bumpers since I didn't want to use flippers in multiple spots. But I like it, I think I'm going to print one. I suspect if I wear it to pinball shows it'll only make sense to a very small group of people, but that's fine by me.
    [quoted image]

Looks awesome and I’d gladly join the Pinball Club! If you can print a large as well I’m in let me know what I owe you.

#282 5 years ago

Got my Mania and Takeover Brooklyn tickets. First time to either. Should be a fun weekend!

#283 5 years ago

Shit, I didn't know takeover went on sale already

#284 5 years ago

Definitely do Takeover, it has surpassed Mania for me that last two years in person. This weekends Takeover was so much better than the main roster, the stories actually make you care.

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Definitely do Takeover, it has surpassed Mania for me that last two years in person. This weekends Takeover was so much better than the main roster, the stories actually make you care.

1,000% agree

#286 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've only seen the past three takeover shows, but they impressed me more that the PPV that followed the next day. These young guns really go all in during these matches.

#287 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Shit, I didn't know takeover went on sale already

I don’t think it did. Little nervous about that one. My brother bought from some shady ticket agency that says they will issue us tickets once they officially go on sale. Might just buy another set from a more official source once they’re really on sale.

1 week later
    #288 5 years ago

Raw was kind of a turd last night

#289 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I just don't get Vince's hatred of Finn Balor, it drives me insane how badly he has killed momentum for up and coming NXT guys the last few years, and how he insists on pushing people the crowd doesn't care for. My group of friends and I have all started moving to watch independent stuff via Fite app and ROH and NJPW, they at least aren't terrible at telling stories. Raw was on at the bar last night and I only stopped playing pinball to watch some of Finn and just got to see him get destroyed by 3 of the biggest guys on the roster for no reason, and Rollins vs Ziggler for what feels like the 8th week in a row.

#290 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

[quoted image]

So the bar where I operate pins and we watch wrestling legit just designed something very similar without me knowing as a surprise. It has the bars name "North End Pub" instead of pinball club, but then a skull, flippers, and pinballs to look like bullet club logo. Anyway let me know if you want one, once they get in I'll score some.

#291 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

So the bar where I operate pins and we watch wrestling legit just designed something very similar without me knowing as a surprise. It has the bars name "North End Pub" instead of pinball club, but then a skull, flippers, and pinballs to look like bullet club logo. Anyway let me know if you want one, once they get in I'll score some.

PM sent

#292 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I just don't get Vince's hatred of Finn Balor, it drives me insane how badly he has killed momentum for up and coming NXT guys the last few years, and how he insists on pushing people the crowd doesn't care for. My group of friends and I have all started moving to watch independent stuff via Fite app and ROH and NJPW, they at least aren't terrible at telling stories. Raw was on at the bar last night and I only stopped playing pinball to watch some of Finn and just got to see him get destroyed by 3 of the biggest guys on the roster for no reason, and Rollins vs Ziggler for what feels like the 8th week in a row.

I don't usually watch Raw because I tend to have stuff going on Mondays, or I'm working or whatever. But I put it on the other night for the first time live in like, 3-4 years. OH MY GOD. I couldn't make it 45 minutes. That had to be one of the all-time stinkers.

My son's favorite wrestlers are Finn, Rey and AJ. He's seen all 3 live, and we watch Smackdown a lot, but I can't bring myself to let him see Finn lose so often on Raw. Seriously, WTF would have happened if he hadn't torn his arm in that championship match with Seth?

#293 5 years ago

Walter is gonna put a hurtin’ on some NXT guys.

75804213-E005-4A43-9CF8-47CC9F02EE8C (resized).jpeg75804213-E005-4A43-9CF8-47CC9F02EE8C (resized).jpeg
    #294 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Raw has been a downward spiral for the last 6 months or so. The last 2 shows have been terrible possible the worst I have ever seen.

#295 5 years ago

Tom are you going to wrestlemania in NY/NJ? I'll be there! Let me know if you are so we can meet up and say hi.

#296 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Tom are you going to wrestlemania in NY/NJ? I'll be there! Let me know if you are so we can meet up and say hi.

Not going this year. Orlando was right place at the right time.
    If the kids spring break lines up with Wrestlemania again I would do it in a heartbeat.
    We all had a good time (wife thought it was a little long )

#297 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

We all had a good time (wife thought it was a little long )

I fear my wife is going to share that same opinion

2 weeks later
    #298 5 years ago

Gonna shake up Raw by giving you the exact same crappy show.

2 weeks later
    #299 5 years ago

Just posted info on my re-themed pinball machine. Though you guys might be interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-custom-rethemed-wwf-wrestling-superstars-pinball-machine#post-4771711

Take a look and let me know what you think.

#300 5 years ago

So All Elite Wrestling any thoughts? Seems like they have the funds.

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rasslin-wwe-njpw-roh-etc/page/6?hl=canoncitypb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.