Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

485B6E1C-CBAC-4AF6-96C5-0D08C78013B2 (resized).jpeg
    78EA5605-19B4-4186-A7DC-2A42E4FF3606 (resized).png
    940B2560-C69D-4846-B955-6E73ED6834D6 (resized).jpeg
    unnamed-15 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 1.25.45 PM (resized).png
    tumblr_pprzf0PYz61y62kvzo4_400.gif
    pun.gif
    B684E8E1-4E3B-40C8-AE5F-F19D3CB2D55B (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.46.03 AM (resized).png
    sammy (resized).jpg
    pinfall (resized).jpg
    E76D3E20-AFE1-40C6-A0E4-51FE22511EA9 (resized).jpeg
    Miracle1 (resized).jpg
    sycho-sid (resized).jpg
    CE63D7DE-025F-4811-B8D2-C664104406FF.gif
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
    #451 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

He is small and quick, and his movement in the ring is unique but I think he is quite talented. Definitely has a little of the "It" factor to me, his match with Cody at one of their shows over the summer was really good.
    I'm also with you hearing Schiavone and JR together makes it feel like wrestling. I listened to Tony's podcast yesterday about his return to commentary and it was cool to hear how much he missed it and appreciated being there, you could really hear it in his voice what it meant to him.

Last night's show was first time entire AEW show clicked for me and I've watched everything they have done so far. Felt like late 90s WCW. I cant stand JR but Schiavone is my all time favorite commentator. Before last night I was really not into there product but its all coming together nicely. Doesn't hurt Jericho's promos are some of the best ever.

NXT...last night was barely ok. Fast forward through alot of it unfortunately. Maybe because I watched AEW first and NXT was boring when comparing the two shows they put out last night.

Onto the draft tomorrow night, hopefully Smackdown can get a good groove going and not tank on FOX.

#452 4 years ago

I thought I wouldn't mind anyone as much as Corbin. Awful personality and worker IMO. Then I saw Sammy Guevara. He can move, yeah, but I can't even stand to look at the guy with his teeth and tongue out all the time. He's like 12 years old and wears a panda. What the hell's going on?

sammy (resized).jpgsammy (resized).jpg
    #453 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I thought I wouldn't mind anyone as much as Corbin. Awful personality and worker IMO. Then I saw Sammy Guevara. He can move, yeah, but I can't even stand to look at the guy with his teeth and tongue out all the time. He's like 12 years old and wears a panda. What the hell's going on?[quoted image]

He has that Justin Credible (ECW) vibe of looking like a default Create-A-Wrestler.

#454 4 years ago

I thought I wouldn't mind anyone as much as Corbin. Awful personality and worker IMO. Then I saw Sammy Guevara. He can move, yeah, but I can't even stand to look at the guy with his teeth and tongue out all the time. He's like 12 years old and wears a panda. What the hell's going on?[quoted image]

Absolutely hate a lot of his stupid face mugging and WTF is up with the panda crap?? Then I remembered he is a heel.

#455 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

He is small and quick, and his movement in the ring is unique but I think he is quite talented. Definitely has a little of the "It" factor to me, his match with Cody at one of their shows over the summer was really good.
    I'm also with you hearing Schiavone and JR together makes it feel like wrestling. I listened to Tony's podcast yesterday about his return to commentary and it was cool to hear how much he missed it and appreciated being there, you could really hear it in his voice what it meant to him.

I listened to that WHW this morning - it really made me feel good to hear how appreciative he is. We should all be so grateful! I hate hate hate how shitty Conrad was to him on the early shows. I think they were trying to find a rhythm, but now that they have a better rapport it is so much better. I haven’t heard Arn’s Podcast (I predict that will be short lived) but the other ones are quite good. Bruce’s is far and away the best, by a mile

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely hate a lot of his stupid face mugging and WTF is up with the panda crap?? Then I remembered he is a heel.

Yeah but not all heels are "break the 4th wall" annoying. Geek Squad Jack Swagger isn't (unsure of his new gimmick).

#457 4 years ago

Loved the first two weeks of AEW Dynamite, and I'll be in the arena when they come to Philly next week!

#458 4 years ago

Yeah but not all heels are "break the 4th wall" annoying. Geek Squad Jack Swagger isn't (unsure of his new gimmick).

LOL. You're right - it's not quite 100%, I only meant I think they are intentionally using some of that weird heat. I'm not sure I agree with that approach either. Let me say it like this: when he came out with the panda thing, I thought "that is one of the dumbest gimmicks I've ever seen" and was kind of going to write him off. But he was quite good in the ring - and THEN when he did that stupid ass face where he sticks out his tongue, I wanted to reach through the TV and punch him in the face. That's heat. Not sure it's 'good' heat. MJF, now he is a natural

#459 4 years ago

MJF is the man!

#460 4 years ago

When MJF turns in the future the arena will erupt, hope it's at a show I can attend.

#461 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

When MJF turns in the future the arena will erupt, hope it's at a show I can attend.

I do hope they stretch it out for a
    While - he's too good a heel to waste too quickly. And I can't think of another heel they have who's anywhere near him other than Jericho.

Add to that that MJF is able to sustain interest in his matches by himself, and doesn't need to be thrown into a feud with anybody - they are getting huge
    Mileage out of him

#462 4 years ago

Isn’t MJF just a Miz knockoff? What am I missing?

#463 4 years ago

He’s way more Rick Rude or Mr. Perfect with his mic work

#464 4 years ago

I think the general consensus is that MJF just does it in a way that looks almost effortless. He has a certain level of legitimacy to his promos because he makes them seem so genuine.

Miz is alright and has had some good runs (like when he got hot after his Talking Smack promo) but tends to fall back into his typical try-hard persona.

#465 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

He’s way more Rick Rude or Mr. Perfect with his mic work

This. Rick rude always comes to mind but maybe even Buddy Landel or Jesse Ventura/Superstar Billy Graham

#466 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This. Rick rude always comes to mind but maybe even Buddy Landel or Jesse Ventura/Superstar Billy Graham

Yeah he cuts down an audience so well

#467 4 years ago

I'm going to Wednesday's show and it is stacked! I'm as excited as I would be for a PPV.

Jericho vs Darby Allin for the championship in a Philly Street Fight
    Riho vs Britt Baker for the women's championship
    Kenny Omega and Hangman Page vs Jon Moxley and Pac
    SCU vs Best Friends
    Lucha Brothers vs Jurassic Express

#468 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I'm going to Wednesday's show and it is stacked! I'm as excited as I would be for a PPV.
    Jericho vs Darby Allin for the championship in a Philly Street Fight
    Riho vs Britt Baker for the women's championship
    Kenny Omega and Hangman Page vs Jon Moxley and Pac
    SCU vs Best Friends
    Lucha Brothers vs Jurassic Express

Nice man! I’ll be watching on TV!

#469 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Nice man! I’ll be watching on TV!

Same here - have fun! It was crazy in DC

#470 4 years ago

Holy smokes what a fun night in Philly. It's amazing what a solid live show experience they're capable of delivering while they're still so new. The final dark match was bananas. After the match there were some additional shenanigans that probably won't make the show (I'm pretty sure they'd stopped taping) but the whole night was just incredible fan service. Highly recommend checking them out if they come to a town near you.

#471 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Holy smokes what a fun night in Philly. It's amazing what a solid live show experience they're capable of delivering while they're still so new. The final dark match was bananas. After the match there were some additional shenanigans that probably won't make the show (I'm pretty sure they'd stopped taping) but the whole night was just incredible fan service. Highly recommend checking them out if they come to a town near you.

They are shooting all the dark matches for AEW Dark - did something happen after Dynamite finished but before the dark matches ?

#472 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They are shooting all the dark matches for AEW Dark - did something happen after Dynamite finished but before the dark matches ?

Nah, I mean after the last dark match. I don't think this will make Dark when it comes out next week. It involves (sort of) Orange Cassidy.

Found video here if you're curious: https://twitter.com/nickmartorano98/status/1184662464555667456

3 weeks later
    #473 4 years ago

Holy crap.

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.46.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.46.03 AM (resized).png
    #474 4 years ago

Holy crap.[quoted image]

Love CM punk but I want to see him in the ring, not so much as a backstage guy analyst.
    WWE has gotten so bad I was planning on going to Mania this year and now I am leaning towards skipping it.

#475 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Love CM punk but I want to see him in the ring, not so much as a backstage guy analyst.
    WWE has gotten so bad I was planning on going to Mania this year and now I am leaning towards skipping it.

I want Punk in the ring too, but look at it as baby steps.

It's not good right now. You'd think AEW would force them to raise their game, but it's getting stale. First Ep of SD was great, then not so much. I killed the network subscription after HIAC, it was so bad.

I can't get into AEW yet. I've tried. But let's face it, aside from Jericho and Omega, there a some suck-the-air out of the room WWE cast offs. Spears and Hager aren't exciting no matter how you reinvent.

#476 4 years ago

To each his own. I think the tag team division alone makes AEW must-watch. I'll grant that Mox, Cody and PAC are all former WWE guys, but all of them are thriving compared to the bulk of their WWE runs.

#477 4 years ago

I want Punk in the ring too, but look at it as baby steps.
    It's not good right now. You'd think AEW would force them to raise their game, but it's getting stale. First Ep of SD was great, then not so much. I killed the network subscription after HIAC, it was so bad.
    I can't get into AEW yet. I've tried. But let's face it, aside from Jericho and Omega, there a some suck-the-air out of the room WWE cast offs. Spears and Hager aren't exciting no matter how you reinvent.

I agree that they need some work in the mid-card. The women’s division in particular is very disjointed - partly because they have talent from various backgrounds and styles, and I think a lot of the wrestlers come off green as grass. Even Britt Baker, she’s the big draw supposedly but man she is green.

I really don’t get Joey Janela either, but he appears to be (?) one of the top guys.

That said, Cody, Jericho, PAC, Mox, Lucha Broa are SO good that they do mostly carry the show. SCU is pretty good too but I don’t think quite at the level. I think daniels is an amazing wrestler but he still looks like a guy acting like the coolest dude in the world rather than BEING that guy, the way the top guys do.

Still, AEW is the only show I’m watching lately - raw and SD are dead to me, they just make no sense or retread the same sad old material week to week. I keep hearing NXT is nailing it though, so I’ve got to go check that out soon

#478 4 years ago

NXT is by far my favorite right now. Great action, very different types of wrestling, and some pretty awesome storylines (Balor, invasion, etc). Keith Lee blows me away every week and Adam Cole is Shaw Michaels 2.0. My two new favorite wrestlers are Rhea Ripley and Angel Garza. Both of them have it in spades!

I try and try on AEW but the cute-sy, inside-y stuff just falls flat for me. I love what Cody and MJF are doing, but most of the Elite just falls flat for me. Jericho is at the top of his game.

#479 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

NXT is by far my favorite right now. Great action, very different types of wrestling, and some pretty awesome storylines (Balor, invasion, etc). Keith Lee blows me away every week and Adam Cole is Shaw Michaels 2.0. My two new favorite wrestlers are Rhea Ripley and Angel Garza. Both of them have it in spades!
    I try and try on AEW but the cute-sy, inside-y stuff just falls flat for me. I love what Cody and MJF are doing, but most of the Elite just falls flat for me. Jericho is at the top of his game.

Ripley is great. You can see why NXT works. It's more intimate, and less wrestlers = more time for each appearance. Also learning similar spots and techniques helps with flow. Less disjointed than AEW.

The impromptu NXT invasion of Smackdown after the Saudi Trip was fantastic.

#480 4 years ago

Balor vs Riddle at Takeover? Hell yeah!

#481 4 years ago

What, no love for Power?
    B684E8E1-4E3B-40C8-AE5F-F19D3CB2D55B (resized).jpegB684E8E1-4E3B-40C8-AE5F-F19D3CB2D55B (resized).jpeg

#482 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

What, no life for Power?[quoted image]

I keep wanting to check out NWA Powerrr but there's just SO MUCH DAMN WRESTLING ON TV!

#483 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

What, no love for Power?
    [quoted image]

Power has been my favorite since it launched. Partly because of the retro vibe. Partly because it is only about an hour. Party because of their youtube platform I can access it whenever I want. I went to the NWA 70th anniversary show last year and it was honestly one of my best wrestling experiences at a live show. Cody and Aldis tore the house down. What they have been doing on there has been super entertaining. I definitely encourage people to give it a shot.

Austin Idle commercials, as well as their other products, have killed it.

#484 4 years ago

I recently installed the Rasslin' channel on my Roku. Shows old-school wrestling matches. Anyone else?

#485 4 years ago

Too many botches in AEW and the moves just don't look good. Check out the main event from last night. Jericho's codebreaker was about a foot away from the dude's head.

Here's a good botch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B41sA5fpsoU/

If you're not following Wrestlebotch on Instagram, you're missing out.

1 week later
    #486 4 years ago

What's everyone think of Punk on WWE Backstage?

pun.gifpun.gif
    #487 4 years ago

What's everyone think of Punk on WWE Backstage?[quoted image]

His debut was weird IMO but the analysis part looks like it will be real interesting

#488 4 years ago

My god, Takeover tonight was one of the best PPV's that you will ever see. Just tremendous! Adam Cole is the best thing since sliced bread, and WWE realizes that they have something in Rhea Ripley, Keith Lee, and Angel Garza and are pushing them to the moon. I am ready for Lee vs Lesnar. And unlike AEW, there was selling~! I could give two shits about the "main roster(s)" right now, NXT is the show!

tumblr_pprzf0PYz61y62kvzo4_400.giftumblr_pprzf0PYz61y62kvzo4_400.gif
    1 month later
    #489 4 years ago

I tied to watch AEW last night and it was the drizzle shits. I am sorry, but they have regressed since before the end of the year. Lots of miscues, uneven packing, etc. Even the Mox turn was not great. Don't even get me started on the Women's division and Marko Stunt.

Not to say NXT was great last night either. I found both shows lacking. However, NXT leading up to this week has been great.

#490 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I tied to watch AEW last night and it was the drizzle shits. I am sorry, but they have regressed since before the end of the year. Lots of miscues, uneven packing, etc. Even the Mox turn was not great. Don't even get me started on the Women's division and Marko Stunt.
    Not to say NXT was great last night either. I found both shows lacking. However, NXT leading up to this week has been great.

AEW is awful right now. It's like watching the Indies with random jobbers that never work together.

#491 4 years ago

AEW is awful right now. It's like watching the Indies with random jobbers that never work together.

I’ve not caught AEW or NXT for a bit - why has the quality gone down so bad you think?

#492 4 years ago

Just my opinions:

The production values and overall presentation has been subpar: Weird commercial breaks, pacing is off, storylines happen on Dark but are not referenced on Dynamite, etc. Jim Ross was not good from what I saw last night.

The main starts do not feel big: Outside of Jericho and maybe Moxley, nobody feels like stars. Bucks dont feel big, Lucha Bros lost last night, Omega is not special, etc. I think they have tried to elevate so many people that the key people do not feel special.

Too many cults and groups: Dark Order, the other kind of dark order thing, Inner Circle, Elite, Butcher Bunny Blade +MJF, Lucha Express. Ugh.

Women's division: Sucks

Overall, it feels like they are pandering to this very indy, IWC crowd and it is just not engaging to me. I will stick with NXT.

#493 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:Just my opinions:
    The production values and overall presentation has been subpar: Weird commercial breaks, pacing is off, storylines happen on Dark but are not referenced on Dynamite, etc. Jim Ross was not good from what I saw last night.
    The main starts do not feel big: Outside of Jericho and maybe Moxley, nobody feels like stars. Bucks dont feel big, Lucha Bros lost last night, Omega is not special, etc. I think they have tried to elevate so many people that the key people do not feel special.
    Too many cults and groups: Dark Order, the other kind of dark order thing, Inner Circle, Elite, Butcher Bunny Blade +MJF, Lucha Express. Ugh.
    Women's division: Sucks
    Overall, it feels like they are pandering to this very indy, IWC crowd and it is just not engaging to me. I will stick with NXT.

It *feels* like 30+ minutes of MJF EVERY. DAMN. WEEK. And it's all a Miz knockoff.

#494 4 years ago

I don’t watch a lot of AEW, so MJF does not bother me too much.

#495 4 years ago

Omega did some Q&A on Twitter. He's literally nothing in AEW compared to Japan. And it doesn't bother him. Part of the problem. Why sign big stars if you don't want them to be big stars? (See WWE with Shinsuke, Asuka)

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 1.25.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-10 at 1.25.45 PM (resized).png

#496 4 years ago

Omega did some Q&A on Twitter. He's literally nothing in AEW compared to Japan. And it doesn't bother him. Part of the problem. Why sign big stars if you don't want them to be big stars? (See WWE with Shinsuke, Asuka)
    [quoted image]

I think this is a bit confusing too - but here's the flip side:

1) He's an exec / booker on the show, so a lot of time is spent on that
    2) he's in charge of either booking or training (ok yes, not a good look either way) the women's division
    3) more video game time!
    4) HUGE storyline opportunities for when he finally flips out and turns heel. that's the "Big star" Kenny

#497 4 years ago

I’ve loved AEW. I have a weekly show that is actually giving me stories that I care enough to tune in to week after week. WWE hasn’t done that for me in quite some time. Not saying the wrestling is flawless in AEW, but I enjoy the hell out of it.

#498 4 years ago

Tickets bought.

unnamed-15 (resized).jpgunnamed-15 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #499 4 years ago

Wrestlemania in the Performance Center with no fans... wow.

#500 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wrestlemania in the Performance Center with no fans... wow.

Extreme times call for extreme measures.

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rasslin-wwe-njpw-roh-etc/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.