20190605_124922 (resized).jpg
20190605_124856 (resized).jpg
20190605_124908 (resized).jpg
20190605_124844 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-19-11-43-39 (resized).png
20190516_133946 (resized).jpg
0413191603_HDR (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-01-19-17-56 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Update:
I am getting close. I plugged it all in to a tv via hdmi cord. Boom! It started configuring!
Since I basically got everything else new, it is obvious the monitor/connection is the problem.
I am looking for a monitor on ebay/craiglist...but I may just get a new one and save myself the trouble.
This creates a new problem for me, however. My current monitor (the one that doesn't work with the ras pi) has 4 screw holes in the back that allow it to easily be mounted. It appears that some monitors have these and some don't. Im not sure if that is to attach a base or if it is for attaching it to the wall.
How do i know which ones have the screw holes? I don't see that info on boxes or listings i have seen.
On the bright side, my custom side art, marquee, and bezel should all be here in the next day or two.

The screw holes can be used for either a wall mount or a stand. It’s a standard agreed upon by the “Video electronics Standards Association”, and pretty much any mount you buy now will support those holes in one way or another. Didn’t always used to be like that - you had to pay more for VESA compatible stiff

4 weeks later
#56 4 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Is anyone using an x-arcade joystick with there raspberry pi / retropie setup?

I did this for a bit, but they aren’t really a standard size, so it was hard to fit in the cabinet. Eventually I just went to a couple Arcade 1-ups since the single cabinet we had was way too big for our space

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I all ready have a cabinet with a xarcade (no trackball) setup with a pc running mame. I wanna goto the raspberry pie and get rid of the pc.....

You’re all good then. The Raspberry Pi 4 just came out - it doesn’t really change things as far as what you can run on it, but it’s WAY faster to boot. I have a 3B+ in our multicade which is totally fine. Way better ( IMO ) than a pc. Less to swap out/diagnose if there’s a failure, no noise/fans/ boots fast, etc.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Any idea if the raspberry pi 4 is compatible with many 3b+ accessories?

Cases, no- the board profile is different. Power yes but the 4 needs a solid power supply, but I forget how much amperage

Also the 4 has 2 mini HDMI port not just 1 regular one, which is very different. The hdmi adapter used for the Pi Zero will work

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Yeah any idea on how the Raspberry Pi4 will change multi-cades if at all?

Not much really - the Retropie image that works with the 4 still uses the Same set of ROMs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raspberry-pi-arcade?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.